We know many of you are faced with difficult decisions impacting your wedding with the spread of COVID-19 globally. Here at WeddingWire, we are focused on how to best help our couples, employees, and partners as the pandemic continues to evolve. No matter what phase of wedding planning you're in, we're here to help. Below, we've put together a slew of resources, expert advice, and more to help you navigate weddings during COVID. As new information from the CDC and WHO becomes available, we will continue to update our COVID-19 wedding ideas and resources with the latest recommendations.
Our couples are at the heart of everything we do. If there is anything else you need at this time, please let us know. We’ve set up a hotline at (833) 998-2865, or you can reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with any of your COVID wedding planning questions. We encourage you to continue to connect with one another for ideas, advice, and support in our WeddingWire Community, as many of you have already been doing in this uncertain time. Here you'll find all of our advice and COVID wedding ideas for planning amid the coronavirus pandemic.
COVID Wedding Ideas and Planning Resources
Feeling overwhelmed? Not sure where to begin? We get it, and we got you. Whether your wedding was originally scheduled for the spring or summer and you've since had to reschedule, or your date is a few months (or years) from now but you're just not sure what to do, we've tapped planners, vendors, and other experts to help couples move forward with planning weddings during COVID.
The future of weddings
What will weddings look like after COVID restrictions are lifted?
- These are the ways weddings will change »
- Throwing two weddings because of COVID? Here's what to do when »
Health and safety are the best COVID wedding accessories
Whether you're looking for face masks for couples and guests — so you can look stylish while complying with guidelines from the WHO and CDC — or are in need of a cute social distancing sign, we've got you covered (literally!).
- The riskiest things you can do at a wedding right now »
- Shop wedding masks for couples and guests »
- Our favorite ideas for making hand sanitizer look cute »
- You'll want to steal these COVID wedding signs »
- Reception entertainment ideas for a COVID wedding »
- Eight ways to greet guests at a COVID wedding »
- How food and drink service is being adapted for COVID weddings »
Postponing your wedding amid COVID
You've decided to reschedule the big day, now what? Here's are the answers to the questions many couples are asking about postponing their weddings in order to follow CDC guidelines.
- 8 things to do if you've moved your wedding to 2021 »
- Find out how to postpone your wedding »
- See wedding postponement wording templates »
- Tips for communicating with your guests amid COVID-19 »
- How to cope emotionally if COVID impacted your wedding »
- One bride on how she used the pandemic to get a wedding do-over »
- See our COVID-19 FAQs »
Rescheduling your wedding due to COVID
You've postponed and decided to officially reschedule your wedding due to COVID, here's what to tackle next.
- The wedding dates to avoid in 2021, 2022 and 2023 »
- Save the "new" date! Etiquette tips for communicating your changed date »
- Why you should consider a weekday wedding »
- Planning a Monday wedding? How to make it a success »
- Need to downsize? Here's how to cut your guest list »
- Ways to cut wedding costs if you're having a smaller event »
- Exactly what to do with wedding items that have your original date on them »
Ways to adjust your COVID wedding planning
You don't have to hit pause on your whole wedding planning journey because of COVID. Here's what to focus on during this time.
- How to rethink setting a COVID wedding date »
- You can "pivot" your wedding planning amid COVID-19, here's how »
- How vendors are taking in-person tasks online »
- Charitable wedding ideas amid the coronavirus pandemic »
- How to keep your family involved in your wedding from a distance »
- Balancing WFH and wedding planning amid COVID-19 »
Minimony, microwedding and ideas for small weddings during COVID
If you're looking to say "I do" now, and celebrate with all your loved ones at a later date, here are all the resources you need to plan a safe, intimate wedding while adhering to CDC and WHO guidelines on limited the size of social gatherings.
- The types of weddings to consider if you want something small »
- 26 wedding announcements to share your "just married" news »
- Backyard wedding ideas to get you inspired »
- How to find and work with an officiant right now »
- 10 ways to upgrade your small wedding »
Virtual wedding ideas and advice
Everything you need to know for incorporating a virtual element into your COVID wedding, so all your friends and family are able to celebrate with you regardless of distance.
- The best Zoom backgrounds for your virtual events »
- The virtual wedding details that make all the difference »
- The traditions you can (and should) include in your virtual wedding »
- How to send your virtual wedding to your guests »
- How to be the best virtual wedding guest »
Eloping amid COVID
Consider this your guide to having a seamless elopement amid COVID.
- The best places to elope in the US »
- Why you should definitely consider hiring an elopement planner »
The legal stuff
From wedding insurance to marriage licenses (several states are helping couples get legally wed amid the coronavirus pandemic), we've tapped legal experts to get you the answers to the complex legal questions amid COVID.
- What wedding insurance means at different planning stages »
- Can you get a marriage license during COVID-19? »
Wedding color and decor advice
Yes, you can make your June palette work for a February wedding.
- 5 ways to make your color palette work for any season »
- Timeless wedding colors that are always in style »
Wedding dress shopping
Can’t go to a bridal salon right now due to COVID and social distancing? Let the salon come to you.
- How to shop for your gown from home »
- The new wedding dress trends to know »
- Our favorite wedding shawls to instantly switch up your bridal look »
Registry etiquette amid COVID
If your wedding plans have changed, what does that mean for your registry?
- Our tips for navigating registry and gifts »
- How to build a thoughtful wedding registry in the time of COVID »
COVID destination wedding advice
Travel guidelines and restrictions are an added burden for those planning a far-flung celebration.
Keeping things positive
Our favorite resources and tips if you need a little levity right now.
- How to avoid wedding planning guilt »
- The best movies to watch for a wedding planning sesh »
- The show every engaged couple should be binging now »
- The best songs to boost your mood »
- More great songs to get you in the wedding planning mood, even amid COVID »
For Couples Who Are Newly Engaged Amid COVID
Here's how to get started on wedding planning amid the coronavirus pandemic, while adhering to CDC guidelines of social distancing.
- Just engaged? Ways to announce it online »
- Use quarantine to your wedding-planning advantage »
- How to hire your wedding vendors while social distancing »
- How to schedule (and nail!) your virtual engagement photos »
- Throw yourself a virtual engagement party »
- Wedding planning bonding activities you can do virtually »
- Amazing quarantine marriage proposals that will totally warm your heart »
COVID Bach Parties, Bridal Showers and More
The wedding itself isn't the only event being thrown off schedule right now—it's likely that couples as well as friends and family are having to pivot these pre-wedding events, too.
Transitioning pre-wedding events
How to pivot the celebrations amid COVID-19.
Bach parties and COVID-19
How to adjust that last fling before the ring.
COVID Wedding Guest Help
Your calendar just got upended thanks to COVID-19. With postponements and rescheduled ceremonies, what's a guest to do? Here's how to handle weddings during COVID as an invitee.
Registry and gift etiquette
Even if a wedding is canceled, you should still give a gift: Here's why.
Invited to a wedding amid coronavirus
A step-by-step guide on how to adjust your plans.
Showing your friends some love
Your BFF just had to postpone her wedding for reasons totally out of her control, and she's devastated.
Additional COVID Wedding Ideas and Resources
Whichever aspects of your life have been impacted by COVID-19, we have some additional resources and guidance for weddings during COVID to help you power through.
Keep your vendors in mind
Your planner, your DJ, your florist—they're all small businesses, too.
Remember to celebrate
Your wedding might be postponed, life might feel influx, but don't forget to celebrate the love in your life.
- Ideas for celebrating your original wedding date »
- How to mark your anniversary and other milestones right now »
- Browse staycation ideas for your honeymoon at home »
Spread love to your friends from afar
Just because we can't be together right now, doesn't mean we can't show a little love.
Give yourself a glow up
Bookmark these for your next self-care, stay-at-home Saturday.
- How to safely get a manicure amid COVID-19 and state reopenings »
- The best face masks to add to your wedding skincare routine »
- At-home manicure ideas to show off your engagement ring »
- Virtual beauty treatments you can schedule right now »
Boost your relationship
What better time to work on your togetherness than when you're, well, stuck together?
- How postponing their weddings brought these couples closer »
- Splitting household chores with your partner, fair and square »
- How social distancing can help your relationship »
- Ways to prioritize your relationship from home »
- The fights you and your partner might be having right now »
- Unexpected benefits of virtual dating »
- Romantic planning activities you can do from home »