Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Tiffany
Question on Accommodations Card Wording
Tiffany, Yesterday at 7:30 PM

Hi, I'm getting married June 4th 2022 and just getting ready to send out the Save The Date cards. I'm going to add info on the accommodations but I don't know how to word it because we are not booking...

Heather, 3 hours ago 5 129
mrswinteriscoming
Is anyone else being incorrectly labelled a bridezilla over things that don’t even come close to it?
mrswinteriscoming, Yesterday at 6:45 PM

(I am going to preface this by saying that I don’t agree with the label ‘bridezilla’, and I think where a bride is being a bit unreasonable or out of line, it should be dealt with more delicately...

Melinda, 4 hours ago 12 223
Paige
Step siblings invited to rehearsal dinner?
Paige, Yesterday at 12:04 AM

Hello, My mom passed away when I was almost 17, and my dad started dating my now-stepmom when I was a freshman in college. I didn't meat my step sister till Junior year of college, and my step brother...

Veronica, 4 hours ago 6 153
K
fmil wanting to invite family from Europe
Katie, on December 4, 2021 at 4:13 PM

My Future Husband (FH) and I both come from LARGE families. His mother, my Future Mother In Law (FMIL), gave an insane list and we kept 99% of them, as he asked me to. After figuring it all out, his...

Amanda, 6 hours ago 7 176
Ava
Monetary gifts only —how to word the invites making sure guests bring gifts???
Ava, on November 24, 2021 at 1:14 PM

I’m having a smaller wedding of about 50 people. On the invites (Save the dates) I’ll be putting something along the lines of “Monetary gifts only, will be collected by the day of coordinator” —Is...

Michelle, Yesterday at 4:39 PM 37 1,277
Beatrice
Expectations of the Wedding Party
Beatrice, on December 1, 2021 at 5:55 PM

Hello Everyone, I recently had a disagreement with my sister who was supposed to be my Matron of Honor because she wants to bring a date, which is not her husband. To start things off, when I...

Beatrice, Dec 4, 2021 26 760 1
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics