Skip to main content

Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Imani
Thank You Card
Imani, Today at 10:50 AM

My boss’s, boss got us a gift from our registry. He already informed me that he would not be attending our wedding due to his family trip. Should I get him a thank you card now or wait until after the...

Imani, 2 hours ago 10 78
K
Asking to be removed as a bridesmaid due to injury
Kendra, on June 24, 2022 at 1:20 PM

So in 2 weeks I’m a bridesmaid in my sister in laws wedding. Unfortunately we don’t see eye to eye an certain things and while she’s never openly admitted it, I can tell she’s not a huge fan of me...

Paige, Yesterday at 2:32 PM 11 268
Rihana
Is it custom to invite your make up artist and hair stylist ?
Rihana, on June 22, 2022 at 9:13 PM

Hey ! I just wasn’t sure if I should be inviting my makeup artist and hair stylist or just expect them to leave after doing me up ? Wasn’t sure what people typically do ? Is it rude if I don’t ?...

Laura, Yesterday at 1:24 AM 11 312
O
How to address invites when one person in the family is not invited?
Olivia, on June 26, 2022 at 10:01 PM

I’m going to send my save the dates soon and from my understanding you send one to each household that’s invited. I’m not sure how to send the save the save when I’m excluding a family member- I don’t...

Jacks, Yesterday at 2:59 AM 4 163
Katherine
Local reception after destination wedding
Katherine, on June 20, 2022 at 5:24 PM

My nephew is getting married and I was surprised to not receive an invite, and a bit offended. But received an invite to a post-wedding party at my sister’s house with a link to their cash registry....

Jacks, Jun 22, 2022 24 370
Katherine
Friends relationship change-uninvite?
Katherine, on June 20, 2022 at 12:32 AM

My fiancé has a group of about 9 friends that we planned on inviting to the wedding (save the dates have been sent). Unfortunately, they seem to have cut FH off from their friend group in the past...

Michelle, Jun 24, 2022 15 284
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics