Skip to main content

Etiquette and Advice

Join group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Rosalie
Is it normal to have a teenage bridesmaid?
Rosalie, on December 3, 2022 at 8:46 PM

So, I have this teen (16, almost 17) in my family who I dearly love. We're quite close and I've always thought I'd have her in my wedding party. I asked her parents first, they said it would be okay....

Jacks, Yesterday at 12:45 PM 5 66
S
Spouses of wedding party- where do they go??
Stephanie, on December 3, 2022 at 6:59 PM

So on the day of our wedding, our wedding party is supposed to be with us (at the venue) at 11am (ceremony starts at 4). The venue is an hour/an hour and a half from everyone. All of our wedding party...

Michele, Yesterday at 8:10 AM 4 110
R
Issues with somebody in the bridal party.
Raelyn, on December 3, 2022 at 10:20 PM

I'm not getting married, I'm a maid of honor at my cousin/BFFs wedding and I've been constantly annoyed at the other maid of honor. Yeah, my cousin decided to have two maids of honor because she...

Jacks, Yesterday at 12:48 PM 1 107
Lala
Guest list - should all family be invited?
Lala, on November 18, 2022 at 3:56 PM

Hello! Quick question about guest list- should all family be invited? What about family I haven’t seen in years? I have heard about the etiquette of inviting people but just wanted an opinion on this...

Rosalie, Yesterday at 3:39 PM 8 283
Brooke
Widow remarriage
Brooke, on November 28, 2022 at 10:29 PM

Hello! I became a widow at the age of 36. (Married for 15years) I am now 40 and am getting married in June of 2023. This is my fiance’s second marriage however, he has been divorced for 18 years. Two...

Pat, Dec 1, 2022 11 255
Haily
Destination Weddings! !
Haily, on November 29, 2022 at 9:06 AM

I have question, our wedding is in Puerto Rico and it is pretty pricey as it is.. is it mandatory to have a whole engagement party or would it be perfectly fine to just gather my bridal party both men...

Rachelle, Nov 30, 2022 6 140
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics