Skip to main content

Etiquette and Advice

Join group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Mrs. Johnson
Wedding Etiquette...?
Mrs. Johnson, Yesterday at 5:23 PM

I had no idea how in depth wedding etiquette goes. It really is on another level then what you think when you first start the process. Where did you learn your wedding etiquette? Is tradition more...

Mrs. Johnson, Yesterday at 5:23 PM 5
B
Uninviting my fh cousin…
Bianca, on February 19, 2024 at 5:15 PM

I need some advice re an unwanted wedding guest. This person is my partners cousin. Growing up, they were always close. However not as close anymore. My partner and I welcomed our first child last...

Brenda, Feb 24, 2024 13 197
Sarah
Dad’s wife was his mistress and mom doesn’t want her at my wedding
Sarah, on January 16, 2024 at 8:36 PM

Hi everyone, I am getting married this year and my parents got divorced 7 years ago. 3 years ago dad married his mistress and now have a 1 hear old. My mom refuses to be at the wedding if dad’s wife...

Crystal, Feb 22, 2024 77 2,292 1
Christina
Family picked adult menu option for child - how to handle?
Christina, on February 14, 2024 at 10:31 PM

We recently got an RSVP back from someone that has a child (9-yrs old) but for the menu choice, they did not pick what was labeled as the kids' option but picked something from the adults' menu. There...

Michelle, Feb 23, 2024 19 466
K
Need Advice: Two “weddings” in one weekend?
Kayla, on February 18, 2024 at 1:38 AM

Hi! I’m currently deciding what the heck to do for our wedding because we want to stick to our budget but our guest list is so big and we can’t easily narrow it down (can’t invite one aunt and not...

Kayla, Feb 21, 2024 8 132
H
Early rsvp
Heidi, on February 16, 2024 at 4:09 PM

My fiance and I will be moving across the country and very far from our venue soon. Our wedding is in October of this year, and we just sent out invites, and are asking that guests RSVP by early...

Janet, Feb 19, 2024 11 217 1
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics