Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

We don’t want to have wedding Registeries; just want cash!
Alyssa, Today at 2:40 AM

Hi so my fiancé and I don’t need any materialistic things, so we don’t want to sign up for any wedding registries.We need money to buy a house. How do I send the message nicely? Anyone have a poem,...

Becca, 4 minutes ago 8 Comments 61
Guest entertainment... before the ceremony?
Mikaela, Yesterday at 11:58 PM

Just a thought... what do guests do between arriving to the venue and the start of the ceremony?I know most couples leave their guestbook out for guests to sign as they arrive, which is a nice time...

Becca, 25 minutes ago 7 Comments 139
Afternoon tea/heavy hors d'oeuvres/dessert Reception
ASP1993, Yesterday at 9:20 PM

My fiancé and I are planning an intimate wedding with our closest family and friends. It's small (60 guests) because we feel that it's an incredibly personal event that we only want our closest loved...

Shay, An hour ago 28 Comments 291
Bridesmaid ....jealousy?
Meriah, Today at 12:32 AM

Hey guys! New to this site,So one of my four bridesmaids has consistently been a debbie downer anytime my wedding is brought up. She was married to my fiancé’s brother, and our relationship has never...

Chandra, 2 hours ago 6 Comments 213
Melz
Wedding on a Budget
Melz, on Feb 19, 2018 at 11:46 PM

So I asked my FH about setting a wedding budget, and he proposed $5k. That is ridiculously low, especially if he thinks we have to pay for guest accommodation. Which means basically I have to strip...

Melz, 2 hours ago 39 Comments 945
C
Gahhhh! receiving off-registry items: rant/needing advice
Claire, Yesterday at 7:02 PM

After lovingly curating a painstaking registry for both honeymoon (Disney) and home stuff (Amazon) so that people can pick how they want to give us stuff, my mother has informed me that the first...

earias, 3 hours ago 108 Comments 1,558