Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

A
Money Courtesy
Anna, Yesterday at 4:39 PM

My fiance and I have just started planning for our wedding! This is such an exciting time and I am so grateful to have him in my life. With planning comes great responsibility... also money. The first...

Susan, 2 minutes ago 15 Comments 364
Parent gifts
Kierra, Today at 12:24 AM

Any suggestions or anyone care to share gifts for he parents? I was thinking of date night baskets, then my suggest if we could find something personalized....would love any feedback

Shauna, 2 minutes ago 2 Comments 43
Do we need to register if there's no shower?
Rebecca, Yesterday at 8:05 PM

Several people want to throw a shower for me but that's just not me. While I appreciate it I hate being the center of attention, and have never liked parties that were thrown for me. We don't really...

Rebecca, 10 minutes ago 18 Comments 176
moh Etiquette - whats the right thing to do? Plus 1's, small, long, destination wedding...
mewmewmew, Yesterday at 10:42 PM

I'm having a small, less than 70 person week long destination (US) wedding - and the focus is close friends and family. We're planning lots of events for everyone the week of the wedding, and rented a...

Sarah, 13 minutes ago 16 Comments 152
Guest wears white wedding dress
Cali_Summersunshine, on Feb 12, 2018 at 3:32 PM

A friend of mine got married this weekend. A guest brought a date who wore a white lace wedding dress. Really!?! What would you do in this situation as the bride?

Kelsey, 31 minutes ago 161 Comments 5,000
rica
Sticking with etiquette and using the woman’s name
rica, Yesterday at 1:01 PM

I’m not a fan of writing Mrs. and Mr. Tom Smith and I know many others find this out of date as well. However, I’m having a hard time finding an acceptable alternative. Is Mrs. Mary and Mr. Tom Smith...

rica, 40 minutes ago 64 Comments 991