Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

rsvp Dissapointment
Rachel, Yesterday at 9:08 PM

Well. I invited 157. I gave a guess at 130 being yes, with low of 120. I’m sad to say I’ve paid 70% of catering, and my rsvps didn’t even come in to 80. I’m disappointed in my friends. And my family....

Aliciabilly2019, An hour ago 24 632
Grooms cake?
Susan, Yesterday at 11:05 PM

First off, what is it grooms cake and should I order one? Is it to be presented at the wedding with the wedding cake itself or is it a little cake him and his groomsmen share together before the...

Suzie, 49 minutes ago 11 85
Plus one help!!
Kayleigh, Today at 10:52 AM

Tl;dr: should I include plus ones for singles even though I’m trying hard to stick to a small budget? Is it acceptable to say plus ones can only come to reception, not dinner?? If so, how do I word...

Laree's, 32 minutes ago 7 62
Rehearsal Dinner Argument
Allyson, Yesterday at 11:36 PM

A close friend of mine has offered to throw our entire rehearsal dinner at her home and cater it for us as a wedding gift! I am ecstatic because when pricing out rehearsal dinners in our area, the...

Cyndy, An hour ago 13 218
Telling people about no plus ones
Maria, Today at 12:50 AM

What’s a polite way of telling someone they can’t bring a plus one to your wedding? I had soooo many people add on plus ones when I only addressed the envelope to them and did not give them a plus...

Judith, 14 minutes ago 6 148
i want to do a different rsvp wording to ensure responses.
Betsy, Today at 9:31 AM

I want to use the following wording: Please RSVP to reserve — seat (s)thats all. A lot of family and friends are snowflakes and they never respond by any sort of social media or phone or text. I will...

allisonrose, 44 minutes ago 4 68