Accessibility Statement for WeddingWire
WeddingWire is committed to visitor and customer accessibility, diversity, and inclusion, including digital accessibility for visitors with disabilities. Our guests should be able to easily visit and navigate our websites and digital offerings, which are constructed and implemented with easy-to-use and easy-to-navigate leading technology, including the ability to navigate with assistive technologies such as screen readers, magnifiers, voice recognition software, and other leading technology. We continue to test and adopt new technologies to incorporate into our digital offerings to assist all visitors, no matter their viewing or accessibility needs, with viewing all of our content. Our mission is to continue providing content, marketplaces and shopping experiences that make our digital platforms preferred destinations in all channels by delivering outstanding products, services, and information and continuous innovations and experiences that meet your expectations.
We are always willing to learn, and will continue to improve accessibility. We welcome your input to this process, and please share with us any accessibility issues you may encounter by contacting AccessibilityComments@weddingwire.com.
Measures to Support Accessibility
WeddingWire takes the following measures to ensure accessibility:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint a person responsible to confirm accessibility.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Ensure our accessibility standards include leading technologies.
- Respond to accessibility issues raised by users in a timely manner.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. WeddingWire strives to code and render its functionality in conformance with WCAG 2.0 level AA.
As part of our mission, we strive to achieve accessibility for our diverse visitors, including those who require assistive technologies like a screen reader, magnifier, voice recognition software, or switch technology. Our website and navigating experience meets the high standards for web accessibility, including remaining in compliance with all laws and applicable guidelines. Our professional team is dedicated to constructing a website to comply with WCAG 2.1, and we will regularly test to ensure we meet or exceed that standard, and will continue to consider content and input from advocacy groups, accessibility and usability specialists, and people with disabilities to make sure our site functions properly.
We are always willing and eager to learn and to improve our performance. We therefore welcome your feedback on the accessibility of all of our pages. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers by contacting us at:
- Email: AccessibilityComments@weddingwire.com.
- Postal address:WeddingWire, 10825 Farnam Drive, 3rd Fl., Omaha, NE68154.
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with Browsers and Assistive Technology
The WeddingWire website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Firefox, Chrome, IE edge, and Safari with assistive technology EqualWeb on all operating systems compatible with those browsers.
The WeddingWire website is not designed to be compatible with:
- Browsers older than five years or mobile operating systems older than five years.
Website Technical Specifications
Accessibility of WeddingWire relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and Alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of WeddingWire, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
- Comments from users: Please send us an email at AccessibilityComments@weddingwire.com if you encounter an issue.
- Archived documents: might not work with current assistive technologies because they use outdated technologies that do not support accessibility. We strive to convert documents to new formats upon request as soon as commercially practicable but sometimes such conversion may take up to ninety (90) days. Please contact AccessibilityComments@weddingwire.com for support.
Mobile Application, Apple iOS, and Android Users
WeddingWire iOS Apps are designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- iOS Voiceover.
WeddingWire iOS Apps are not designed to be compatible with:
- iOS operating systems below the minimum version stated on our App Store page.
Weddingwire Android Apps are designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Android Talkback, Android TalkBack braille keyboard, Android Select to Speak, Voice Access, Switch Access, Variable Display size and font size.
WeddingWire Android Apps are not designed to be compatible with:
- Android operating systems below the minimum version stated on our App Store page.
Android and iOS App Technical Specifications:
Accessibility relies on a particular combination of device Operating System and App Version. In order to ensure accessibility, users must be running the most current version of the app downloaded from the official Apple App Store or the official Google Play Store. WeddingWire does not support instances of the app installed on devices that are not running standard Android or iOS operating systems (e.g. jailbroken devices), or instances of the app installed from non-standard app stores (e.g. APK Mirror).
Formal Approval of Accessibility Statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by WeddingWire.