Brandi's Bridal Galleria is a wedding boutique in New Glarus, Wisconsin. Nestled in the beautiful village of New Glarus,...Read more this modern, chic store is home to a 360 runway and over 600 stunning gowns in a range of styles and sizes. The expert team looks forward to welcoming you for a glamorous and...
Eva’s Bridal Center is a premier bridal salon located in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Established in 1946, they specialize in...Read more bridal gowns and accessories, dresses for your wedding party, and tuxedos. For more than 75 years, their knowledgeable team has provided memorable dress shopping experiences for...
Lovella Bridal is a sophisticated, luxury bridal salon located in Los Angeles, CA. We specialize in finding you the most...Read more important article of clothing you will ever wear - your wedding dress! Lovella Bridal embodies a beautiful ambiance with over 6,000 square feet of space to shop housing over 1,000...
Ablitt’s Fine Cleaners are wedding gown specialists in Santa Barbara, California. This family-owned company has three...Read more generations of experience caring for wedding gowns. They will give your dress the special attention it deserves to have it picture-ready for your big day. Ablitt’s Fine Cleaners are...
We offer original first quality designers for wedding gowns, bridesmaids dresses, flower girl dresses, mother of the...Read more bride/groom dresses, prom dresses, informal destination bridal gowns, gown preservation, shoes and veil. We currently carry dresses from the following designers: -Allure Bridals...
Dublin Cleaners - gown care is a dry cleaning service located in Columbus, Ohio, that serves the Columbus region. They...Read more are a family-owned business who have more than 80 years of experience. They would love to use their effective techniques and talents to care for your cherished pieces. Services...
Las Vegas Wedding Gown Specialists, based in Henderson, Nevada, is a non-profit trade association of speciality wedding...Read more dress cleaners. The company offers a number of locations throughout the Las Vegas areas, all of which provide robust on-site tailors and seamstresses. The company endeavors to help...
Gown Boutique of Charleston is a wedding dress shop and boutique in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, just 10 minutes...Read more outside of downtown Charleston. From their elegant styles to excellent service, the company specializes in customized shopping experiences for clients in their local area. Their...
Pinstripes Cleaning and Restoration, based out of Mineral Wells, Texas, is dedicated to providing care for bridal gowns...Read more before and after the wedding. With a staff experienced in their field, Pinstripes uses high-quality materials to clean and restore dresses to their absolute best. In addition to...
New City Cleaners is a dress and attire company that has been servicing Kern County in Bakersfield, California since...Read more 1910. For 108 years they have been offering their valued customers expertise for all special items and fine garments. Every item is custom cared for so you can trust that your fine...
Heider Cleaners, Inc. - gown care is a dress and attire specialist for couples’ weddings in the Dayton, Ohio area. This...Read more dry cleaner in Southwest Ohio can take care of wedding dresses before and after the wedding itself. The family-owned business also does preservations and restorations of wedding...
Kite's Wedding Gown Specialists is a wedding dress business located in Fort Worth, Texas with over 60 years of...Read more experience in the care and protection of wedding gowns. We specialize in cleaning, vintage gown restoration, and preservation of wedding gowns so that your dress can remain in perfect...
The Seamstress is a local business based in Winter Park, Florida, specializing in formalwear alterations for weddings...Read more and special events. These experienced tailors love helping couples and their wedding parties achieve a flattering and comfortable fit in time for the celebrations. With over 35 years...
The Dress Bridal Boutique is a wedding dress boutique located in Medina, Ohio. This boutique offers a contemporary and...Read more vibrant bridal dress shopping experience that you will never forget. This is a new kind of dress shopping, with a knowledgeable staff, private fitting rooms, and a vast selection of...
Romanoff's Classic Tuxedos is a suit rental and clothing shop in Westerville, Ohio. This locally owned and operated...Read more business offers a wide selection of formalwear from an array of designers such as Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, and Michael Kors. From slim fits to traditional styles, Romanoff's Classic...
Ella Blu is a wedding gown boutique located in El Paso, Texas. This bridal boutique prides itself on excellent,...Read more unparalleled customer service from bridal experts who are committed to finding the perfect gown to fit your personality, style, and shape. They offer a beautiful salon, a collection of...
Maggi Bridal is a wedding dress boutique in Raleigh, North Carolina. They have been serving their community and...Read more surrounding areas for more than a decade. Every customer is given personalized attention, helping them find their dream dress in their ideal style. The boutique is light and airy with a...
Jasmine's Bridal Shop is a wedding dressmaker based in Fremont, California. This incredible team of tailors and...Read more seamstresses works with clients to help make their wedding attire visions a reality. No project is too big or too small for them, creating custom gowns, veils, and more with...
Anna’s Bridal is a wedding boutique near Portland, Oregon. It is known as a premier bridal boutique for its elegance and...Read more excellent customer service. You can easily dress up all of the important people taking part in your special day. Anna's has an array of exclusive gowns to fit any price range or...
From St. Louis County to Warren County, our newly relocated bridal shop is best known for having a gorgeous and...Read more affordable collection of wedding gowns and dresses, both sold off the rack and custom ordered and priced between $99 - $1500. Specializing in plus sizes! In addition to our wedding dress...
Linh’s Bridal & Alterations is a wedding dress shop operating out of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The business is a...Read more one-stop-shop offering custom-made gowns and tailoring services to couples for over 25 years. The company knows that every client has a unique vision in mind for their special day,...
Wedding Pageants & Proms is a chic formal wear boutique located in Boaz, Alabama, that specializes in wedding gowns....Read more This company was originally established in 1995 and has been helping couples find their ideal marital attire ever since. Owned and operated by Susan Hallmark, she and her talented...
Jim Massey’s Cleaners, based out of Montgomery, Alabama, is a professional dry-cleaning service that provides clothing...Read more services to wedding couples. This company utilizes the latest technology to ensure all of your garments are carefully cleaned and pressed. Specifically, they will press and clean...
Congratulations! You're engaged!! Our mission is to create an experience for you, the bride, and your family and friends...Read more to enjoy, make memories, and find the perfect dress! We specialize in having a wide selection of unique dresses, so we can match your personal style with your wedding vision. Our...
How much does a wedding dress cost?
Buying a wedding dress is unlike purchasing a piece of everyday attire. You’re going to be wearing this dress on one of the most important days of your life, and so you’ll likely spend quite a bit of money on your wedding dress. While wedding dress prices do vary greatly, the average wedding dress cost in the U.S. is $1,000. It typically ranges from $280 to $1,650, but you can purchase a wedding dress for far above and below those prices.
- $ 100 or less Lower range
- $ 1,000 Average cost
- $ 280 - $ 1,650 Most couples spend between
- $ 2,600 or more Upper range
What impacts wedding dress prices?
What additional wedding dress costs should a bride plan for?
- Alterations: If you want to drastically change your wedding dress, your alterations may end up costing more than your actual wedding dress!
- Undergarments and accessories: Be sure to factor in your accessories— bridal undergarments, shoes, and more. These accessories will greatly affect how your gown looks and fits, so don’t forget to include them in your wedding dress cost.
- Cleaning and preservation: Don’t be surprised if you’re still spending money on your wedding dress after your wedding! Whether you plan on wearing your wedding dress again, passing it on to a future generation, or none of the above, it’s still a good idea to have your gown professionally cleaned and preserved. Wedding dress cleaning and preservation can cost $200 or more.
How can you save money on a wedding dress?
- Don’t try on dresses that are over-budget: Be upfront with your bridal salon consultant about your budgets—and be sure ask about the cost of each dress you try on. Avoid the temptation of trying on a wedding dress that’s out of your price range.
- Find a simple wedding dress, and accessorize: As mentioned, a simple and relatively unadorned wedding gown will cost less than an extremely detailed wedding dress. If you’re on a tight wedding dress budget, we recommend finding a simple gown and using a beaded sash or a brooch to give it some extra sparkle.
- Find a dress you love as is: Any significant alterations or customizations that you do to a wedding dress will cost (a lot of!) money. Therefore, if you want to make significant changes to a wedding dress (add sleeves, change the silhouette, etc.), that gown is probably not for you. Look for a wedding dress that you love mostly as it looks off the hanger.
- Scour sample sales: Many bridal salons offer sample sales where they sell sample dresses from past seasons. These sample dresses are typically in sizes 6 to 12, so if you fall in that size category, you may find a gorgeous gown at a low price at one of these sales.
- Visit trunk shows: If you’re set on purchasing a gown by a specific designer, you might find a deal at a trunk show. Trunk shows are when a bridal salon features the collection of a particular dress designer—and usually offers a discount (usually about 5 or 10 percent off that designer’s wedding dress prices). Research which salons in your area carry your favorite designers, and check their websites for upcoming trunk shows.
- Give yourself time to shop: A wedding dress can take several months to arrive after you’ve ordered it. Be sure to start shopping for your wedding dress as soon as possible —many brides shop at least nine months in advance, if not more. If you wait until the last minute, you may end up paying rush charges for your dress, which can greatly add to your total wedding dress cost.
How much does it cost to alter a wedding dress?
What questions should you ask a wedding dress tailor?
- How many fitting appointments will I need? How long will the process take?
- What types of alterations do you recommend for my wedding dress?
- Have you worked with a dress and fabric like mine before?
- Can you provide a cost for my alterations?
- How will you store my wedding dress?
- What do I need to bring to my first fitting appointment?
Wedding Dresses and Gowns
As you plan your wedding, one of the most important decisions you’ll make is your wedding dress. The dress you choose should reflect your unique style and personality and make you feel like the most beautiful woman in the room. How does a bride say “yes” to that perfect dress? Here’s a quick guide to shopping for wedding dresses.
Set Your Budget
When you start browsing bridal gowns, it’s easy to fall in love no matter the price tag. Before you even pick up a bridal magazine, set a strict wedding dress budget. We suggest allocating around 10 percent of your overall wedding budget to your dress – and don’t forget to include the cost of your wedding accessories in that line item!
Narrow Down Your Style
About a year out from your wedding, start browsing bridal dresses and get a feel for how they match up with your style. Now is the time to educate yourself on silhouettes, necklines, fabrics and more. Our wedding dress style guide can help.
Once you’ve set your wedding date and chosen a venue, add these factors into your dress calculation. Are you marrying in the winter at a beautiful church? Then you might choose a dress with heavier fabric – like satin – in a more traditional silhouette like a ball gown or A-Line.
Book Wedding Dress Salons
About 10 to eight months before your wedding, it’s time to get boots (or heels) on the ground to start your wedding dress hunt. Consider wedding dress salons in your area and book appointments with your top choices – most salons do not allow walk-ins. Take a look at our complete wedding dress shopping guide to learn all the tips and tricks to finding the wedding dress of your dreams.
Trying on Bridal Dresses
As your salon appointments approach, assemble your fashion squad to give you feedback and moral support. Keep your posse small, as too many opinions can get overwhelming. When you arrive at the salon, your stylist will discuss your dress preferences and budget and help you choose options. Keep an open mind; your stylist knows what looks good on different body types. If your stylist suggests a dress, even if it’s not a silhouette you are considering, give it a try. You might be surprised.
Choosing Your Bridal Gown
When your heart leaps and you can’t stop grinning at the reflection in the mirror, you’ve found the right wedding dress. The salon will likely ask for a down payment and then order your dress. Over the next months, your dress will be created just for you. It should arrive a few months before your wedding so you have time for fittings and alterations at your salon. (See our full wedding dress shopping timeline.) You may feel like you’re waiting forever, but this is the perfect time to pick your wedding accessories and knock off other items on your wedding to-do list.
Ready to start shopping for wedding dresses? WeddingWire is here to help. Put in your location and search for the top salons in your area. Read reviews and start making appointments. Happy dress hunting!