Wedding Reception

Join  group

Let's get the party started! Get help picking the right music, seating your guests, choosing the menu, centerpieces, cakes, toasts, wedding favours, and everything else reception-related.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

How many tiers in your wedding cake?
Lynnie, Today at 11:13 AM

How tall is your wedding cake going to be? How many tiers did you decide on?Short and sweet?Photo by Ashley dePencier Photography in Bakersfield, CA Or tall and towering?Cake by Hera Hezail, Photo by...

SB, 8 minutes ago 34 Comments 195
Reasons to have a dry reception? What to do if somebody brings alcohol?
eilonwy3, Yesterday at 7:56 PM

I feel like it's looked down upon so harshly here, but I am refusing to have alcohol at my reception. I am just wondering if it sounds like an understandable reason. My mother died from an alcohol...

Xandria, 9 minutes ago 32 Comments 745
Visited *the* Venue
HowCo Industries, Today at 4:40 PM

We just got back and it was amazing! The venue itself was a medium sized room with double doors opening to a patio under a pergola. (Obviously we'll need a slush fund for a tent in case of inclement...

SB, 11 minutes ago 9 Comments 99
Venue decor
Elizabeth, on May 17, 2018 at 9:01 AM

Looking for suggestions! This is the venue we chose for our wedding reception next August, it's at a 19th century estate and we love it! Tables, chairs, and linens are all included. I feel like it...

Jay, 32 minutes ago 3 Comments 92
Mother/son song (preferably Country genre)
Emily, Today at 2:37 PM

My Fiance is looking for a good country song to dance to with his mom at our wedding. I feel like I've looked up listened to so many but we want something that doesn't get used as much.

Ashley, 52 minutes ago 11 Comments 70
August Wedding with Tent or without?
Lorena, Today at 1:38 PM

I am having a small crisis! My wedding is August 18th this year in nothern va, and it can be pretty hot during that time. I have a tent rental saved but now I am facing the possibility I might have...

BrandiWeds18, An hour ago 15 Comments 168