Wedding Reception

Join  group

Let's get the party started! Get help picking the right music, seating your guests, choosing the menu, centerpieces, cakes, toasts, wedding favours, and everything else reception-related.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Songs for Photo Slideshow
Emily, Today at 1:06 AM

My friend volunteered to do us a photo slideshow of our pictures(from childhood pics of me and FH until now). Any suggestions of background music? It will be played during dinner.

Claire, 2 hours ago 1 Comment 16
Servers in catholic wedding
Whitney, Yesterday at 10:15 PM

We are getting married in the Catholic Church and we’re trying to decide if we should invite the servers for our wedding ceremony and their families to the reception? My FH is Catholic, but I am not...

Cuoghi, 3 hours ago 2 Comments 38
Cardbox dilemma
HappilyHyatt, on September 18, 2018 at 7:14 AM

Hi everyone,I purchased a metal mailbox to use as my cardbox. My mom thinks that we should temporarily seal up the front and cut a slit in the top so it's more secure. However, I hate feeling like I'm...

Courtney, 3 hours ago 25 Comments 348
Traditions and New Ideas
McKenzie , on August 28, 2018 at 11:32 AM

What are some traditions that you are planning to take part in during your wedding reception? Any dances, games, foods, etc?

Megan, Yesterday at 11:52 PM 4 Comments 84
Where the heck does everyone sit and why does this require so much brain power?
Victoria, on September 18, 2018 at 5:02 PM

I'm torn between options for head table seating... there will be 8 in the bridal party and 13 including all of their significant others. Then... I have a really overbearing mother who thinks she...

Kalie, Yesterday at 10:41 PM 33 Comments 354
Gen
"our song" as first dance song, or new song?
Gen, Yesterday at 1:10 PM

So FH and I are extremely conflicted between 2 songs for our first dance. FH really wants to use the song History in the Making by Darius Rucker, which has been "our song" since we first started...

Shannon, Yesterday at 9:47 PM 12 Comments 108