Wedding Reception

Join  group

Let's get the party started! Get help picking the right music, seating your guests, choosing the menu, centerpieces, cakes, toasts, wedding favors, and everything else reception-related.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
Bar options
Katelyn, on September 16, 2019 at 1:34 PM

If you don't have the means to have an open bar, what would you prefer instead as a guest?We are planning on having free beer and two signature drinks and then the rest a cash bar, but I keep seeing...

Andrea, Sep 19, 2019 26 250
Reception Order
Martika, on September 15, 2019 at 8:43 PM

Hello ladies. I have 11 more days and I am losing my mind. From the beginning we have planned to have dinner before the dances and stuff like that at the reception. We are getting a lot of weird...

Ashley, Sep 16, 2019 38 518
Parent & Inlaw gifts.
Kierstin, on September 20, 2019 at 9:47 PM

Is anyone doing gifts for parents & inlaws ? If so what are you doing ? Just need some ideas.

Amy, Yesterday at 11:42 PM 10 87
Perfect venue except...
Michelle, Yesterday at 10:54 AM

There’s a checkered wall that I think is out of place for the wedding I want in the room. Everything else is perfect, it’s a shelter house pretty much so pricing is cheaper than other venues but nicer...

Michelle, Yesterday at 11:19 PM 11 156
bam pro pics
Rebecca, Yesterday at 12:23 PM

It was the best day of my life, thankful for my amazing vendors! If you are in the NC area and need vendors I would love to recommend these people

Cher Horowitz, Yesterday at 10:51 PM 10 1 224
So, how many plastic cups do i order?
mkibs, Yesterday at 8:27 PM

My caterer isn't supplying any kind of cups for water, soda, or alcoholic beverages. Renting glassware is too much of a hassle for us. I plan on buying 12oz cups for water, soda, and beer. I plan on...

Miss, Yesterday at 9:18 PM 4 83
Cake pricing and size.
Erika, on September 6, 2019 at 9:06 AM

Morning Brides! So my cousin sent me her cake vendor and she paid 1150$ for her cake. I remember there being soooooo much cake left! I know the cake is a focal point at the wedding but I cannot bring...

Jamie, Yesterday at 8:12 PM 27 219
Wedding Cake
Christine, Yesterday at 8:24 AM

Hi I'm looking for recommendations for a bakery in Kissimmee Fl. Any help would be appreciated. I need a simple 2 tiered wedding cake. Ty

Laura, Yesterday at 6:28 PM 2 24
What is going on?
Krista, Yesterday at 2:57 PM

Why hasn’t any of the venues I’ve reached out to responded? It’s been WEEKS! Help.

Peggy, Yesterday at 6:22 PM 5 67
Photo Booth – yes, no or neutral?
Fleur, Yesterday at 1:12 PM

Recent brides, did it get used? Would you spend the money if you had to do it over again? As a guest.... do you always make time to jump in the booth? They are fairly reasonably priced these days...

Melle, Yesterday at 4:48 PM 4 72
Don't want a guest to attend. What do i say??
Rachel, on September 19, 2019 at 9:19 PM

My aunt and uncle had a nasty divorce. He was caught cheating, he is now dating a new woman. He has invited her as a guest when my invitations clearly stated just him. The woman being there would...

Elizabeth, Yesterday at 3:12 PM 14 1 511
Alcohol at Wedding
Madeline, on September 19, 2019 at 9:32 PM

Hey guys! I’m getting married in a week and my venue will have an open bar (beer and wine). We are not allowed to bring outside alcohol but I am worried that some guests may try to sneak it in. Im...

Elizabeth, Yesterday at 3:08 PM 6 170
Who gets a plus one?
Erica, on September 20, 2019 at 8:13 AM

So I had a bit of an argument with my mom lately. I was going to give some single guests plus ones, mostly because they would be sitting at a table full of couples or they didnt really know anyone...

Elizabeth, Yesterday at 2:39 PM 16 157
Advice needed! Reception change!
Sarah, Yesterday at 11:16 AM

Talk about stress I’m getting married 10-17 and I just gave me final guest count to the Venue for the reception, which dropped quite a bit. I went from 40 guest to 25 and no knowing this was going to...

Melle, Yesterday at 1:08 PM 4 111
Popcorn Bar
Andrea, Yesterday at 9:17 AM

Ladies, I need help! We are having a popcorn bar at our wedding. We got apple baskets to put the popcorn in. The only issue I have is I don’t know what to use for a liner in the basket since we bought...

Andrea, Yesterday at 11:44 AM 5 84
The Restaurant Store- Review (comparable to Webstaurant)
FutureMrsKC, on October 17, 2018 at 9:48 AM

My caterer doesn't supply the nicer disposable plates for our buffet dinner, so I was on the hunt for good deals! I ordered our gold cutlery from Amazon, the brand is WDF and I ordered our gold rimmed...

Caytlyn, Yesterday at 9:33 AM 2 128
Ordering linen napkins -- what size?
starsinwaves, on July 3, 2018 at 1:04 PM

So I feel like a crazy person for even asking this, but I'm looking into ordering linen napkins for the wedding and there seem to be two popular size options, 17"x17" and 20"x20". The 20" ones are...

Your-Majesty,, Yesterday at 1:19 AM 9 1,612
Venues - cash only
Vanessa, on September 11, 2019 at 10:12 PM

Hi ladies ! I just started the crazy venue search process , hoping to get married next fall. I have one question- is it normal for a venue to only accept cash payments? I only looked into one venue so...

Ocbride2019, Yesterday at 12:37 AM 17 216
Catering vs diy
Isa, on September 16, 2019 at 10:03 PM

Hi y’all! I’m planning my wedding for October 2020, but want to get going with booking vendors before it’s too late. I was wondering if anybody has advice or experience on what would be better, hiring...

Ocbride2019, Yesterday at 12:31 AM 12 158
Caterer!!!
Kaitlyn, on September 20, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Anyone else have trouble making like big decisions like that?? It was nerve wracking for me, I feel like I read and re-read the email a hundred times!!Solidifying a caterer seems so huge and it's...

Ocbride2019, Yesterday at 12:23 AM 6 52