Wedding Reception

Join  group

Let's get the party started! Get help picking the right music, seating your guests, choosing the menu, centerpieces, cakes, toasts, wedding favors, and everything else reception-related.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Sophi
How’d you know?
Sophi, on January 21, 2020 at 11:18 AM

Morning everyone! I have two questions: 1) How many venues did you tour before finding “the one?” 2) How did you know it was “the one?”

Maddison, Yesterday at 9:30 PM 19 111
Nicole
Beer Preference?
Nicole, on January 20, 2020 at 2:15 PM

Hi All, We're having a brewery wedding and can choose 4 of the breweries beers to have on tap at the reception. We plan to have a pilsner and hefewiezen for all those that don't like craft beer. Now...

Tanyia, Yesterday at 11:52 AM 23 121
Lynnie
Which came first? Cake or Cake Topper?
Lynnie, on November 12, 2019 at 12:22 PM

We can't forget about the cake! Which sweet selection came first for you?? Pick your cake topper before your cake? Or did you decide on your cake design first, and then think about toppers? Topper...

Mandi, 42 minutes ago 81 344
Peyton
Guest favors
Peyton, on January 22, 2020 at 4:49 PM

What did you do as guest favors ?

Mandi, An hour ago 33 248
Audrey
Spotify?
Audrey, Yesterday at 6:33 PM

I’m thinking of making a Spotify playlist to play at my reception. I’d get premium so there’s no commercials. Has anyone done this? How do playlists work on Spotify? Do you pick individual songs or do...

Gen, An hour ago 3 37
Kasyah
Cliché Songs
Kasyah, Yesterday at 8:18 PM

I'm just curious, what are some cliché Songs that you can still get down to at a wedding? Like guilty pleasure dancing?

Leslie, Yesterday at 11:27 PM 3 44
Food and Beverage vs. Out to eat
, Yesterday at 12:22 PM

My Wedding is June 5th 2021 at 3pm. What would you recommend that you could do far as food after for your reception. ( A ) Rent out a Reception Hall in a Restaurant to Accommodate you and your Guest...

, Yesterday at 9:48 PM 4 94
Britnie
Wedding cake
Britnie, on January 22, 2020 at 9:09 PM

How much did you spend on a wedding cake?

Andrea, Yesterday at 8:20 PM 20 167
C
Skipping Grand Exit
Courtney, Yesterday at 6:55 PM

Is anyone skipping the grand exit photo? I've thrown around the idea of sparklers, glow sticks, bubbles but in the end I really don't want to spend the extra money. We will have a lighted pathway...

Andrea, Yesterday at 8:17 PM 8 112
Danika
Compostables
Danika, on January 9, 2020 at 3:18 PM

HI there! Our wedding is being held at a venue that is in the process of going green. We will receive a small discount if we use compostable plates and would love to do our part. However Im having a...

Sophia, Yesterday at 4:58 PM 3 74
K
Compostable dinnerware
Kathrine, on July 1, 2018 at 1:02 PM

So my fiance and I are getting married in a very environmentally friendly venue, and we are interested in using compostable dinnerware, made from wheat, grains, and such. They are more durable and...

Sophia, Yesterday at 4:51 PM 6 323
Britnie
Guest favors
Britnie, Yesterday at 8:57 AM

Are guest favors necessary? Would it be considered tacky if we didn’t do favors? And what are some inexpensive ideas for favors? How much did you spend? Sorry for the 100 questions 😅

Mary, Yesterday at 4:10 PM 17 110
Genevieve
Service charge/tip; is this the same??
Genevieve, Yesterday at 2:04 PM

I noticed there was a “service charge” on my catering contract and I want to make sure this is also know as tip or how does that exactly work? In the restaurant biz, that is also put on checks as...

Virginia, Yesterday at 3:43 PM 6 85
Alma
Catering request
Alma, Yesterday at 1:05 PM

So my catering service wants to serve dinner as soon as people arrive to the venue. Would that be weird? Or should we have a set time for dinner? TYIA

Alma, Yesterday at 3:43 PM 8 114
Kari
Are menus necessary?
Kari, Yesterday at 1:37 PM

We're having a plated dinner and our guests will choose their choice option as part of their RSVP, so we will have meal orders to our caterer ahead of time. We are sourcing local, organic,...

Samantha, Yesterday at 3:24 PM 5 1 85
Christina
Bilingual Wedding (english/vietnamese) - emcees
Christina, Yesterday at 11:06 AM

So I’m finding it very difficult to find a Dj and emcee that can speak both English and Vietnamese fluently. I need some tips. I’m looking to hiring a Dj that can also emcee in English but also a...

Christina, Yesterday at 3:04 PM 6 32
Latoya
Cake topper came in!!!!
Latoya, on January 13, 2020 at 12:58 PM

I am so pleased with my cake toppers!!!! The guy did an amazing job to capture my husband and I as bobble heads and this is a memorable object that my kids will fight for the day I leave this earth!...

Latoya, Yesterday at 1:02 PM 46 1 333
Caitlin
Show me your dusty pink/mauve desserts!
Caitlin, Yesterday at 12:52 PM

Looking for inspiration!

Caitlin, Yesterday at 12:52 PM 20
Mariah
Bride and Groom Joining into Cocktail Hour
Mariah, on July 16, 2019 at 7:13 AM

Im curious to see the logistics on how other couples who joined their guests at cocktail hour. Our cocktail time is going to be an hour and a half, and we are taking the majority of our photos before...

Cyndy, Yesterday at 12:14 PM 28 534
M
Where to get married in New Jersey under $20,000
Migdalia, on September 3, 2018 at 1:59 PM

I need help finding a nice place where it’s under $20,000 that’s out budget including honeymoon,venue, dress etc .... does anybody know a place I have been looking every where almost all of...

Michelle, Yesterday at 11:19 AM 14 499
Start a discussion
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics