We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Wedding Reception

Join  group

Let's get the party started! Get help picking the right music, seating your guests, choosing the menu, centerpieces, cakes, toasts, wedding favors, and everything else reception-related.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Kristen
Silly poll about cake flavors lol - Your opinion
Kristen, Yesterday at 2:20 PM

I am looking at two cake places and both have interesting flavors that both sound good and totally different. One has vanilla champagne and one has chocolate amaretto. Which flavor appeals to you...

Kristen, 4 hours ago 38 170
Megan
How many drinks at reception
Megan, on July 6, 2020 at 12:49 PM

Hello- I am planning a wedding reception for around 200 people in early October. We are going to have beer, wine, pop, and water. How much of each should we get? Almost everything will be served in a...

Samantha, Jul 6, 2020 20 196 1
Melissa
Dances for the groom?
Melissa, Today at 12:20 AM

Has anyone thought about doing a dance for the groom at the reception? I've really been thinking about it. You know pg pg13ish sexy and cute. I do have someone that can choreograph a dance with me,...

Elmarose04, 24 minutes ago 8 90
Kristen
Personalized cake cutting set came in
Kristen, Yesterday at 9:02 PM

I am a fan of JJs House.

Lynnie, An hour ago 19 106
Jesssss
Anyone having a wedding with no dance floor? What’s your plan?
Jesssss, on July 3, 2020 at 7:28 PM

Hi Everyone, So massachusetts announced yesterday that we will be going into phase 3 starting on Monday. Phase 3 will allow gatherings and weddings, but with restrictions including no dance floor and...

Cassie, 2 hours ago 10 224 1
R
Nothing Bundt Cakes
Roberta, Yesterday at 12:11 PM

Hi. I was going to use Nothing Bundt Cakes for my cake. Has anyone done this before? Pros, cons? What size cake topper should I get, 1 prong or two? Thanks!

Kate, 6 hours ago 12 107
Tameka
Wedding reception during covid 19
Tameka, on July 8, 2020 at 9:33 PM

What changes did you have to make to your ceremony and reception due to covid 19? At our wedding we had to reduce the capacity to 50 % and couldn't have the bar open due to the bars being closed in...

Ashley, 7 hours ago 9 160
Jacquelyn
Reception Completely Canceled?
Jacquelyn, on July 8, 2020 at 8:16 PM

Is anybody not postponing their reception and just deciding to completely cancel it? I really want the reception to happen, but also don't know when this will all be over and don't want to play the...

Jacquelyn, Yesterday at 8:48 PM 25 268
Andrea
Song recommendations
Andrea, on July 8, 2020 at 3:36 PM

Hi! Looking for songs for throwing the garter and bouquet! Something fun!

Lynnie, Yesterday at 4:38 PM 5 30
Viki
Cake Display
Viki, on July 7, 2020 at 5:40 AM

I was wondering if others were going to make any changes to their wedding cake because of COVID. Originally we had ordered a four tiered cake that would serve about 100 guests and kitchen cakes to...

Lynnie, Yesterday at 4:20 PM 11 148
Rosilus
Looking for sweetheart table photos
Rosilus, Yesterday at 4:23 AM

Looking for sweetheart table images decent replies only

Rosilus, Yesterday at 3:22 PM 8 116
R
Wedding Speeches
Rachel, on July 8, 2020 at 4:45 PM

Hello, Ladies! I need some input on wedding speeches. I know that it is typically customary for the father of the bride, the groom, and the best man to gives speeches. My concern is around the maid of...

Molly, Yesterday at 11:58 AM 12 110
P
Open air photo booth or social photo booth?!
Paige, on July 8, 2020 at 10:05 AM

Hey brides to be! I am about to sign the contract for our DJ but trying to decide between the open air photobooth or the social booth ? Pros and cons ?? Thanks in advance ! Also- should I go for the...

Paige, Yesterday at 10:14 AM 8 73
Amber
First dance songs
Amber, on June 11, 2020 at 12:13 AM

We don’t have “a” song. I feel like the same ten songs are first dance songs (probably for a good reason) Looking for recommendations of all kinds please and thanks in advance!

Meghan, Jul 8, 2020 14 154
Lexie
Plus one’s
Lexie, on July 7, 2020 at 1:24 PM

Hi y’all! What are you doing about plus ones? We’re having a hard time coming to an agreement on what we should do! Thanks!

MrsD, Jul 8, 2020 17 224
ocminnaert
Transportation to/from the reception
ocminnaert, on July 7, 2020 at 3:45 PM

Our ceremony & reception are both at the same place, so obviously guests can just stay there between. Our venue is about 25 minutes from the hotel we are booking rooms at, so we are getting...

MrsD, Jul 8, 2020 11 105
Summer
Sunday Wedding
Summer, on March 13, 2020 at 11:41 AM

Who else is having a Sunday wedding? Are you doing a brunch reception, or regular evening reception with dinner, drinks, and dancing? My wedding is October 18th 2020, and I’m a bit nervous it being on...

Chelsea, Jul 8, 2020 23 221
K
Which would you desire? Out of town guests! Weekend Celebration or One Day?
, on July 6, 2020 at 2:26 PM

Hi Brides! I have a large portion of guests traveling out of town to our wedding. That being said, which of these options sound more appealing to you if you were in their shoes? Option #1 - The night...

Molly, Jul 8, 2020 16 166
Caitlin
diy photo booth
Caitlin, on February 3, 2020 at 6:02 PM

Looking to do a photo booth for as cheap as possible! Any suggestions or pics?

Hanna, Jul 8, 2020 9 94
Caila
Cupcake / Cake
Caila, on July 6, 2020 at 7:03 PM

We are about to order our cupcake/cake for our reception...we have 310 guests. How many servings should we plan for? What have some of you done or planning to do?

Molly, Jul 8, 2020 24 203
Start a discussion