Wedding Reception

Join  group

Let's get the party started! Get help picking the right music, seating your guests, choosing the menu, centerpieces, cakes, toasts, wedding favors, and everything else reception-related.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Sarah
To get a dj or just use Spotify?
Sarah, on September 22, 2021 at 12:36 PM

Hi everyone! So our wedding is three weeks away and for the longest time we have been thinking of just going without a DJ for our outdoor intimate wedding, but we’re now thinking of possibly getting a...

Sarah, Sep 23, 2021 19 341 2
Monica
Poster Seating Chart: alphabetical order or by table number
Monica, on September 22, 2021 at 11:57 AM

Guys Im sorry Im asking so many questions. Please dont mind me. Im going crazy trying to stay on top of things in addition to no sleep because I have a 2mo newborn. Okay about seating charts. The...

Melle, Sep 23, 2021 21 164
Sarah
Father/daughter dance songs for step-dads
Sarah, on September 19, 2021 at 1:47 PM

My step-dad is walking me down the isle and doing the father/daughter dance with me. I’m having a hard time finding a song for us to dance to, I really like the Country song “My Boy” by Elvie Shane, I...

Sarah, Sep 19, 2021 10 69
Erin
Mother daughter dance
Erin, on September 19, 2021 at 7:39 PM

I’m getting married next month and I’m surprising my mom with a dance not only for her but my late step father. Would it be a cute idea to dance to their wedding song with her? I’m also doing a dance...

Nancy, Yesterday at 9:05 PM 4 43
Michelle
Buffet leftovers
Michelle, Yesterday at 5:58 PM

For those who are serving a buffet, are you providing take out containers for guests to take food home as they choose or will you donate it to a local shelter? I’ve seen this done at a couple weddings...

Michelle, Yesterday at 7:04 PM 3 62
E
Covid safe cocktail hour food
Elizabeth, Yesterday at 4:00 PM

I originally had thought of things like a fruit tray, cheese and crackers, etc. for our cocktail hour, but I'm feeling uneasy about open, self-serve food with the pandemic going on. Our catered dinner...

Hannah, Yesterday at 6:52 PM 3 77
J
Mother-in-law and son-in-law dance song
Jordan, on September 23, 2021 at 9:31 PM

Hi guys! I would like to ask for opinion on songs. So my parents will not be able to attend the wedding due to the pandemic. My fiance's mother offered to dance with me. So she will be new...

Jordan, Yesterday at 4:45 PM 4 51
Marjoyrie
Garter toss
Marjoyrie, Yesterday at 2:25 PM

If my future great aunt made me a homemade garter, when it’s time to throw it… Do I ask for the garter back and give the guest a replacement that I have extra? Or how does that work? I don’t want to...

CountryBride, Yesterday at 3:51 PM 5 65
Ariel
Seating Chart Help
Ariel, Yesterday at 12:16 PM

I'm working on my seating chart. It's way more complicated than I imagined. Since guest spend most of their time at the table, I want people to sit with people they know and are comfortable with. With...

Ariel, Yesterday at 2:46 PM 9 91
Chelsea
Pool party reception?
Chelsea, on January 5, 2020 at 10:55 AM

My fiancé and I are thinking about having our reception turn into a pool party. We’re trying to keep it informal but tasteful. The ceremony would be informal and then we would want a band playing by...

Marta, Yesterday at 11:10 AM 20 994
Jo Baez
Who should i invite?!
Jo Baez, on September 21, 2021 at 1:26 PM

I have a hard time deciding if I should invite some friends to my wedding. In this time we are looking to save some money for our new house. Still want to celebrate big and nice!

CountryBride, Yesterday at 8:25 AM 5 121
H
Pizza at wedding reception
Hayley, on September 23, 2021 at 12:18 PM

Can you serve pizzas and have a salad buffet at wedding reception or is pizza to tacky?

Michelle, Yesterday at 12:50 AM 18 205
Naomi
Is it weird that i have a 1st dance song picked???
Naomi, on September 21, 2021 at 3:34 PM

So, a little back story...I am getting married for the 3rd time. I've always known what song I wanted to be my first dance song. I never wanted to waste it on either of the previous husbands. I met...

Lynnie, Sep 23, 2021 12 191 1
Savannah
Song suggestions for a brother and sister dance?
Savannah, on September 22, 2021 at 3:05 PM

My fiancé's mother is no longer with us, so he will be dancing with his sister, any ideas on what songs would work for this?

Lynnie, Sep 23, 2021 6 55
Candi
Opinions on cupcake tier for wedding guests, not a cake!
Candi, on September 13, 2021 at 9:30 PM

I’ve been to 2 weddings where cupcakes were given out instead. I am thinking about doing that with a small cake on top of tier for us to “cut the cake” we eat the cake as we feed each other too! Any...

Fiona, Sep 23, 2021 24 223
Jaimie
Dessert table or cake only
Jaimie, on September 18, 2021 at 12:30 AM

We’re having a fall wedding and I thought a medium sized cake and an assortment of mini desserts would be cute like mini pies, cookies, cake pops. Or should I just do cake?

Fiona, Sep 22, 2021 16 286
Felicia
Wedding day photography
Felicia, on September 20, 2021 at 1:17 PM

Hi Ladies, I’m 4 days out (09.25.2021) and just got some bad news from my venue. Venue is on a college campus, so we imagined we could take pictures on the pretty parts of the campus since the...

Mrs.a, Sep 22, 2021 18 326 1
A.B.
Cupcakes with no cutting cake
A.B., on September 21, 2021 at 4:05 PM

We plan to do cupcakes and don't want to get a small cake because it kind of defeats the point of saving money and coordinating rentals. Is anyone else doing this? Are you planning to cut a single...

CountryBride, Sep 22, 2021 9 83
A
Wedding Reception Only Timeline Help
Alexandra, on September 21, 2021 at 5:01 PM

We are having a family only ceremony around lunchtime, followed by a lunch with those 18 family members. That evening we are then having our reception/party with the rest of our guests. I am having a...

Lynnie, Sep 22, 2021 3 49
Haylie
Bridal Party/bride and Groom Entrance
Haylie, on September 21, 2021 at 3:17 PM

Finalizing Song choices with our DJ next week and I have no clue what song to choose for the entrances during the reception ! I don’t want the same typical song everyone does but I also want to make...

Lynnie, Sep 22, 2021 3 64
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics