Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Tara
Bridesmaids I've Never Actually Met
Tara, on January 9, 2022 at 2:04 PM

My FH has two cousins that he is close with that he would like to have in our wedding (I'm fine with that). He's already informally asked them and they will be bridesmaids standing on my side. I...

Pegah, Yesterday at 9:07 PM 24 463
Kate
Wedding Favors..a Must?
Kate, on January 9, 2022 at 10:51 AM

My fiance and I had originally planned on not having wedding favors for guests. We’re having a two-day wedding (Friday night religious ceremony with small ice cream social for family and close friends...

Sydney, Yesterday at 5:52 AM 32 475 1
Nancy
Bridesmaids not getting ready with me?
Nancy, on January 8, 2022 at 12:29 PM

Wondering if this is normal. I've asked all my bridesmaids if they will be needing any makeup and hair services, which I will paying for. They all told me that they will not be getting ready with me....

Sydney, Yesterday at 5:11 AM 14 293
Melissa
Best Friends Wedding
Melissa, Yesterday at 6:14 AM

I'm in my best friends wedding but she told me yesterday that I won't get a plus 1 for my fiance because they don't particularly care for him. Buttt my kids are invited. First I obviously can't bring...

Cece, 33 minutes ago 15 233
Ricky & Jazmine Johnson
Asking for tip before service?
Ricky & Jazmine Johnson, Today at 12:52 AM

I got a text from our wedding photographer tonight that said “our team would appreciate any tips/gratuity you can give 😁”. Is it common for vendors to ask for tips beforehand? Our wedding is tomorrow...

Candace, 38 minutes ago 8 109
Aidan
i don’t want to have a wedding anymore.
Aidan, on January 14, 2022 at 12:39 PM

I’ve always envisioned having an amazing wedding day with the one I love, surrounded by our friends and family who would ideally be genuinely happy for us. Since getting engaged, I’ve had to detach...

Maya, 2 hours ago 11 407 2
mrswinteriscoming
Is anyone else being incorrectly labelled a bridezilla over things that don’t even come close to it?
mrswinteriscoming, on December 5, 2021 at 6:45 PM

(I am going to preface this by saying that I don’t agree with the label ‘bridezilla’, and I think where a bride is being a bit unreasonable or out of line, it should be dealt with more delicately...

Colleen, 6 hours ago 21 419
Salomé
Advice? My boyfriend is a groomsmen at his best friend's wedding, I'm not invited.
Salomé, on November 13, 2020 at 10:34 PM

My boyfriend and I have been in a loving, committed relationship for the past 3.5 years. Living together for 1.5/ LDR for past 5 months (my partner received a job offer in his hometown, which is...

Jacks, 7 hours ago 53 10,361
Amber
Stag n' Drag
Amber, on April 9, 2017 at 9:11 PM

So ladies, I have another question for ya. What is a Stag n' Drag? I have never heard of it, but the MIL wants to throw one for the FH and I. I'm guessing it's more of a northern thing, as I have...

Alyse, 12 hours ago 22 1,722
Stephanie
Change of wedding plans…
Stephanie, on January 5, 2022 at 12:00 AM

So me and my fiancé decided to keep our wedding smaller (due to covid) than what we had planned and we already sent out our save the dates which some of those people won’t be invited anymore. How am I...

Michelle, Yesterday at 5:01 PM 12 237 1
Tiffany
Covid testing at wedding
Tiffany, on January 13, 2022 at 8:18 PM

I was hoping this new Omicron strain would die out, and I know I have a lot of time, but at this rate I think covid might still be a thing (even if its very small and not a big deal anymore). Out of...

Theresa, Yesterday at 3:14 PM 9 228
M
Hens Weekend- not attending
Mrs_H, on January 11, 2022 at 5:20 AM

I have been invited to a close friend’s hens weekend. I would love to be there to celebrate this special occasion with her. However, she has planned it in a city that is classed as a major hotspot for...

Sydney, Yesterday at 6:38 AM 9 194
Miranda
Wedding invitations
Miranda, on January 12, 2022 at 7:31 AM

We are having our 'wedding' on August 20th. I say it that way because we have decided for insurance reasons that we are going to the courthouse to get married in March or April. But we still want to...

Sydney, Yesterday at 6:35 AM 8 112
Hannah
Would you take this personally?
Hannah, on January 10, 2022 at 1:36 PM

Hi all - just got married back in October and it was such a wonderful wedding! So many things went right and it was truly the best night of my life. Only one thing really bothered me though. My best...

Sydney, Yesterday at 6:26 AM 21 398
H
Already married but having a wedding
Heather, on February 6, 2017 at 7:28 PM

My husband and I married last November it wasn't anything fancy just had close family there and said our vows. I always wanted my special day and some of our family we really wanted there wasn't able...

Sydney, Yesterday at 6:20 AM 36 7,332
C
How to tip when your wedding venue is part of a package?
Chelsea, on January 12, 2022 at 8:47 PM

I'm trying to figure out how much to tip all of our vendors, but I'm not sure how to handle the caterers, wait staff, bartenders, and coordinators. Our wedding came as a package at our venue that...

Sydney, Yesterday at 6:09 AM 3 57
Sam
How would you react to this vow renewal?
Sam, on January 12, 2022 at 5:59 PM

I feel like every vow renewal is different, so it's difficult to measure if ours fits common etiquette. Can I ask your honest opinion? We'll be celebrating 5 years of marriage. Our original wedding...

Sydney, Yesterday at 6:01 AM 8 171
M
Vaccine Requirement at Wedding
Mariamc, on January 12, 2022 at 8:15 PM

My wedding is in Mexico in early April at a resort. I did a destination wedding bc my father is undocumented and I wanted my family to be together on my wedding day. At the time of planning this, I...

Sydney, Yesterday at 5:43 AM 5 154
P
Did anyone bring any children to your adult-only wedding?
Peach, on January 11, 2022 at 4:33 PM

I've listed on both my website and invitations addressed to those with children and grandchildren that we are having an adult-only wedding. Outer envelopes were addressed explicitly only to those...

Sydney, Yesterday at 5:35 AM 6 171
Larissa
Plus Ones for Single People?
Larissa, on May 14, 2021 at 9:36 AM

There are a few people on my guest list that are not dating. We are having a pretty small wedding (70 people max). Do I waste seats on dates that they don’t have/random people that I don’t know ? What...

Sydney, Yesterday at 5:31 AM 24 655
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics