Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
J
Help! is it Tacky?
Jennifer, on December 3, 2021 at 8:49 PM

Is it tacky to use nice plastic plates/silverware at my daughters wedding but still use regular glassware? My caterer says it is.But I want to buy nice sturdy plates/silverware for food service and...

Laura, Yesterday at 9:49 PM 22 275
Elizabeth
noooo pink
Elizabeth, on December 1, 2021 at 10:15 AM

How and/or where do I ask that NO ONE WEAR PINK. Seriously any shade of pink! Any other color is good but That color! I dont want to see it anywhere! Help me be polite about it! About 100+ Guests are...

Shannon, Dec 6, 2021 35 1,561
Ashley
Wedding photos as Christmas gift?
Ashley, on December 3, 2021 at 11:44 PM

Hi, all! I got married in July and I was planning to give my immediate family (mom, dad, sisters, stepdad, niece, and in-laws) a picture of us with each of them as a Christmas gift. My husband thinks...

Sharon, Dec 5, 2021 10 234
V
Help! How do you translate “padrino y madrina de boda”
Valeria, on November 23, 2017 at 3:54 PM

So I'm having a Spanish wedding and we have a padrino and a madrina. I'm not sure how to translate this into English. I've never heard of this before until my fiancé's family said we needed to have...

Lyn, Yesterday at 10:44 PM 13 5,500
Jordan
Addressing save the dates & invitations
Jordan, Yesterday at 5:03 PM

I'm looking for some advice about the etiquette for addressing the save the dates and wedding invitations. For save the dates, can we exclude the Mr., Ms., Mrs., etc.? Or do those need to be included...

Michelle, Yesterday at 8:55 PM 2 42
Darian
Save the dates as invitations???
Darian, Yesterday at 1:57 PM

Hi! I am having a smaller wedding 10-14-2022 with 75 guests. We are trying to be budget friendly and cut costs wherever possible! I know traditionally you send save the dates and then send invitations...

Jacks, Yesterday at 7:28 PM 14 155
mrswinteriscoming
Is anyone else being incorrectly labelled a bridezilla over things that don’t even come close to it?
mrswinteriscoming, on December 5, 2021 at 6:45 PM

(I am going to preface this by saying that I don’t agree with the label ‘bridezilla’, and I think where a bride is being a bit unreasonable or out of line, it should be dealt with more delicately...

F S, Yesterday at 7:31 AM 15 291
Ava
Monetary gifts only —how to word the invites making sure guests bring gifts???
Ava, on November 24, 2021 at 1:14 PM

I’m having a smaller wedding of about 50 people. On the invites (Save the dates) I’ll be putting something along the lines of “Monetary gifts only, will be collected by the day of coordinator” —Is...

Mrs. Coakley, Yesterday at 6:54 AM 38 1,345
S
How to deal with not being a bridesmaid
Shannon, on June 7, 2018 at 5:23 AM

Hello! First let me say I’m sorry for any grammar errors or spelling errors as I am writing this 2 in the morning after a few drinks... I needed a place to vent and a place to ask for advice on if I...

Morgan, Yesterday at 2:59 AM 15 19,284
Tiffany
Question on Accommodations Card Wording
Tiffany, on December 5, 2021 at 7:30 PM

Hi, I'm getting married June 4th 2022 and just getting ready to send out the Save The Date cards. I'm going to add info on the accommodations but I don't know how to word it because we are not booking...

Heather, Dec 6, 2021 5 155
Paige
Step siblings invited to rehearsal dinner?
Paige, on December 5, 2021 at 12:04 AM

Hello, My mom passed away when I was almost 17, and my dad started dating my now-stepmom when I was a freshman in college. I didn't meat my step sister till Junior year of college, and my step brother...

Veronica, Dec 6, 2021 6 174
mrswinteriscoming
Tipping for reception in a non-tipping culture country?
mrswinteriscoming, on December 5, 2021 at 11:16 PM

I have just received the final invoice for our sit down reception for 39 people this weekend and included in the bill was a 10% gratuity for the beverage package (mandatory for groups) and an...

Heather, Dec 6, 2021 2 89
K
fmil wanting to invite family from Europe
Katie, on December 4, 2021 at 4:13 PM

My Future Husband (FH) and I both come from LARGE families. His mother, my Future Mother In Law (FMIL), gave an insane list and we kept 99% of them, as he asked me to. After figuring it all out, his...

Amanda, Dec 6, 2021 7 188
Kelli
No-kid Rule Is Upsetting Too Many People
Kelli, on January 29, 2020 at 10:25 PM

So I’m getting married in 5 months and my FH and I have no kids of our own and do not want any children at our wedding. Period. We’ve made this very clear from the beginning but are still receiving...

Gloria, Dec 6, 2021 166 5,920 9
mrswinteriscoming
When to send 'thank Yous' when having 2 events?
mrswinteriscoming, on December 5, 2021 at 4:54 PM

FH and I are marrying this weekend in front of 37 guests followed by a sit down dinner for our reception due to COVID rules in place. To make up for the downsizing of our wedding (originally it was...

Lisa, Dec 5, 2021 5 64
Sylvia
Not tipping wedding vendors.
Sylvia, on June 10, 2021 at 10:10 PM

Hi! I wanted to get some insight on weddings and tipping your vendors. I will in fact be tipping every vendor who’s providing me a service for my wedding from the venue, to DJ, to the event decorator...

GB Henderson, Dec 5, 2021 30 1,628 2
Dixi
Invatitions plus one
Dixi, on December 3, 2021 at 11:11 AM

So I am a little confused as to what to do here. (A little back story. My daughter was a flower girl in a wedding in August for her best friends parents.) Well I am getting married on 2-2-22, and her...

Michelle, Dec 4, 2021 6 168
Beatrice
Expectations of the Wedding Party
Beatrice, on December 1, 2021 at 5:55 PM

Hello Everyone, I recently had a disagreement with my sister who was supposed to be my Matron of Honor because she wants to bring a date, which is not her husband. To start things off, when I...

Beatrice, Dec 4, 2021 26 771 1
Samantha
Tipping Etiquette?
Samantha, on December 1, 2021 at 5:55 PM

We've already paid everything in full and are just counting down the days! Are you supposed to tip for vendors or is it just a recommendation?

Michelle, Dec 4, 2021 4 107
Shannon
Helpp i need advice
Shannon, on November 29, 2021 at 11:33 PM

Hi yall I need advice, my fiance and I got engaged in August we are super eager to be husband and wife as we have been together since high school and now are 25 and 26. We recently came up with the...

Elycia, Dec 4, 2021 18 424
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics