Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
mrswinteriscoming
What ridiculous reasons have you heard for people not attending a wedding?
mrswinteriscoming, on November 25, 2021 at 3:01 AM

I read somewhere today that someone didn’t attend a wedding because they felt the couple who invited them were selfish for not giving them a plus one because they were single. It was also not long ago...

Mrs.a, 4 hours ago 17 451
Valerie
Is the Thursday before Christmas 2022 a bad date?
Valerie, on November 26, 2021 at 5:13 PM

We were thinking about 12/22/22 for our wedding ceremony and reception, but some of our relatives are concerned that some of our guests wouldn't attend a wedding on a Thursday. Our thought was that...

Meghan, Yesterday at 3:44 PM 15 313
Kelsey
Guest list turned family feud
Kelsey, on November 27, 2021 at 1:51 PM

I need help navigating what may be the most dramatic guest list debacle in the history of weddings. FH and I are covering cost for most of the wedding. My father is not contributing, which is totally...

Alexandra, Nov 28, 2021 14 288
J
Bridesmaid duties
Jess, on November 28, 2021 at 9:22 PM

Not sure if I’m out of line here but looking what others think. My impression of a bridal party was always being involved in all the wedding activities. I just asked all my girls to be my bridesmaids...

Jess, 55 minutes ago 12 273
Shannon
Helpp i need advice
Shannon, Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Hi yall I need advice, my fiance and I got engaged in August we are super eager to be husband and wife as we have been together since high school and now are 25 and 26. We recently came up with the...

Lissett, 7 hours ago 2 64
S
Confused about plus one for bridesmaid
Sinica, on November 14, 2021 at 9:12 PM

I'm feeling confused and conflicted and wonder if anyone has advice- I know what lots of articles and sources say about plus one etiquette for BP members but i think my situation is a little...

Sinica, Yesterday at 7:20 PM 20 340
Nicole
Should i invite my cousin's in law to my wedding
Nicole, on November 27, 2021 at 1:52 AM

So I am really struggling with the situation. My cousin is probably the only family I have in the state, but she's a person kinda like to taking advantage of me and my family. So I decided not to let...

Jacks, Yesterday at 6:39 PM 8 166
theragirl
PSA....PLEASE READ BEFORE SUNLESS TANNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
theragirl, on September 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I had to post this after reading the other post about spray tan vs tanning bed! OMG please DON'T spray tan!!!!! Have you read what they actually use? They use an acetone called DHA this is the...

Madison, Yesterday at 5:56 PM 24 581
A
Wedding do over
Alyssa, on June 13, 2017 at 12:06 PM

My husband and I got married a little over a year ago and because of budget we had to cut so many corners and couldn't have the wedding we dreamed of and now that we are better off financially we...

Russ, Yesterday at 5:42 PM 18 816
Ava
Monetary gifts only —how to word the invites making sure guests bring gifts???
Ava, on November 24, 2021 at 1:14 PM

I’m having a smaller wedding of about 50 people. On the invites (Save the dates) I’ll be putting something along the lines of “Monetary gifts only, will be collected by the day of coordinator” —Is...

Cece, Yesterday at 3:03 PM 35 1,131
Cameron
Pre- Marital Counseling
Cameron, Yesterday at 11:35 AM

Good morning!! I hope everyone has a nice holiday. I am writing this just for some opinions. My fiancé and I are christian and are going through pre marital counseling. We have been doing it with the...

Theresa, Yesterday at 2:25 PM 5 116
Kelli
No-kid Rule Is Upsetting Too Many People
Kelli, on January 29, 2020 at 10:25 PM

So I’m getting married in 5 months and my FH and I have no kids of our own and do not want any children at our wedding. Period. We’ve made this very clear from the beginning but are still receiving...

Sydney, Nov 28, 2021 161 5,693 9
kelsey
Is a guestbook really important?
kelsey , on April 24, 2018 at 8:44 PM

Ugh so I've been arguing with myself if its actually worth it?? My FH doesn't care for it, but if we were to get one it would be more of a journal that people can write their wishes in (like the...

Katies, Nov 27, 2021 23 1,072
Beth
Wedding Insurance that Accepts Sparklers
Beth, on November 26, 2021 at 1:48 PM

I am wanting to have sparklers as my exit. However WedSafe does not allow/cover them. I was hoping someone who's had sparklers has also had insurance and tell tell me where to get it. Any help?

Beth, Nov 26, 2021 2 65
Kassondra
Feeling Obligated??
Kassondra, on November 24, 2021 at 11:11 AM

So I'll try to keep the ling story short... my fiancé has a brother and a sister. Brother was married 5 years ago and his now wife asked me to be a bridesmaid. Of course I accepted. She also asked his...

Jessa, Nov 26, 2021 5 259
Tracy
Elope now, ceremony/reception to follow?
Tracy, on February 20, 2012 at 2:28 PM

So, I've been perusing the boards both here and elsewhere and have come to the conclusion that there is a lot of hostility towards eloping and having a ceremony and reception at a later date. My first...

Jacks, Nov 25, 2021 44 17,192 1
Aimee
Need Some Advice. Post-wedding Dealings with Cake Vendor.
Aimee, on November 23, 2021 at 4:03 PM

So at 7:30 p.m. the night before our wedding. I received a call from our cake vendor to unapologetically inform me that we would not be getting the cake that we paid for. We had asked for the cake to...

Shannon, Nov 25, 2021 7 285
J
Need some advice around inviting guests to our wedding
Jen, on November 24, 2021 at 10:29 PM

Backstory: I got engaged in September and we're planning the wedding for October next year. Throughout all the planning we've done so far, my fiancé and I decided early on that we wanted to have more...

Jacks, Nov 25, 2021 3 163
Lexi
No kid wedding when wedding party member assumed their baby is invited and in wedding
Lexi, on November 23, 2021 at 3:57 PM

Ok I need help. So I am in the early stages of planning my wedding. So I'm still working out all the kinks. Initially I wanted to Elope but my close family and Circle is small and my parents (father...

Heather, Nov 24, 2021 7 299
M
At what point does a man wear his ring after getting engaged?
mrsjohnson09, on May 16, 2017 at 2:11 AM

After a man gets engaged, does he wear his ring immediately like the woman? Or does he wait until the actual wedding?

Ava, Nov 24, 2021 174 155,410 4
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics