Skip to main content

Etiquette and Advice

Join group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Annabelle
Morning rehearsal brunch?
Annabelle, on January 25, 2023 at 8:07 PM

Hey guys I really need some advice 2023 bride here, So our venue won’t let us do our rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding due to them having another wedding the night before ours, we were...

Bird, 2 hours ago 7 150
Cary
Destination Wedding - Guest Payment Collection Question
Cary, Yesterday at 6:43 PM

Hello, My fiance and I recently settled on a small destination wedding at a Chateaux in France. The wedding weekend includes a 4 day, 3 night stay at the Chateaux (wedding day, two shoulder days, and...

Cary, 3 hours ago 2 86
Mia
" Two Part Wedding"
Mia, Yesterday at 2:56 PM

Hi all, I'd love some advice on my wedding reception idea. My fiancé and I both come from large Italian and Mexican families. We are recently engaged and are starting the wedding planning process. My...

Taylor, Yesterday at 10:30 PM 2 64
B
Putting attire on invite/details card?
Brittany, on January 24, 2023 at 8:15 AM

Difficult conundrum...would it be inappropriate/overbearing if we put something in the details for the reception asking people to NOT dress in all black? I am asking because my FH will be in all...

Michelle, Yesterday at 6:08 PM 7 133
LaToya
Uncle/Niece Dance Song!!
LaToya, on August 26, 2014 at 3:40 PM

My father passed away a couple of years ago and my uncle will be walking me down the aisle. Any suggestions of a great song! I am so STUMPED!! Thanks!!

Alexander, Yesterday at 3:47 PM 6 4,221
K
Photographer is late on delivering photos
Katelyn, on January 25, 2023 at 3:12 AM

I’m having a little bit of a dilemma with our wedding photographer and really need some advice. My husband and I got married on October 16, 2022. We realized around Christmas that it had been a pretty...

Sarah, Yesterday at 2:08 PM 2 71
Sarah
How would you feel? Awkward Bridesmaid
Sarah, on January 25, 2023 at 9:02 PM

Hi everyone - So my friend is one of my BM in my wedding. She recently got engaged and is currently planning a wedding. Her wedding is a month before mine. She recently asked her girls to be in her...

Michelle, Yesterday at 2:06 PM 5 158
Sylvia
Not tipping wedding vendors.
Sylvia, on June 10, 2021 at 10:10 PM

Hi! I wanted to get some insight on weddings and tipping your vendors. I will in fact be tipping every vendor who’s providing me a service for my wedding from the venue, to DJ, to the event decorator...

Michelle, Yesterday at 12:54 PM 34 6,018 2
A
Byob?
Ashley, on March 14, 2018 at 12:30 AM

Would it be wrong to do byob for my wedding? I would have some beer and liquor there but then have people bring their own as well. Would that be wrong for a wedding? It is going to be in my fiancé’s...

Brooke, Yesterday at 11:40 AM 29 2,314
Chelsie
Is there a way to add an early rsvp option on our save the dates without it looking tacky?
Chelsie, on March 19, 2019 at 12:30 AM

I want to avoid have to purchase extra invitations so I thought maybe adding an early rsvp on our save the dates would help with that. The thing with that is, we want to avoid parents rsvping their...

Brooke, Yesterday at 11:30 AM 25 4,790
FutureBennis
Unplugged ceremony sign worth it?
FutureBennis, on August 1, 2017 at 2:49 PM

Can anyone tell me if it's worth it to buy an unplugged ceremony sign? I've been debating this for a week and I can't make a decision on it.

Samantha, Yesterday at 11:10 AM 28 2,130
A
i think one of my bridesmaids wants to drop out of the wedding, what should i do?
Andrea, on January 23, 2023 at 3:15 PM

My fiancé and I are over a month away from our wedding date. The only issue we are running into is with one of my bridesmaids. To preface, her and I had a conversation before either of us were engaged...

Lady, Jan 25, 2023 9 170
Leslie
Disappointing wedding pics
Leslie, on January 24, 2023 at 11:28 AM

Soooo disappointed by wedding pictures. Just got them back after waiting almost 2 months for them (none are edited yet, still raw) but the poses he made us do I don’t like at all. Any advice on what...

Lisa, Jan 25, 2023 4 112
Sarah
Sending save the dates but not an invitation
Sarah, on May 3, 2022 at 5:45 PM

So me and my fiancé invited someone on impulse … We didn’t invite them verbally but we did send them a save the date would it be wrong to not send them an invitation or is it to late ?

Diana, Jan 24, 2023 10 794
Reina
Planning a wedding before "the proposal'. Everyone has an opinion...what's yours?
Reina, on August 16, 2011 at 6:49 PM

So we continue to have this conversation at work since there are 4 different employees planning their wedding in the next year or two. I personally think since every relationship is different in it's...

BLM, Jan 24, 2023 78 12,675 1
Joan
Only some of our kids invited
Joan, on January 21, 2023 at 1:06 AM

My BIL is getting married. Hubs is the best man, and they asked our eldest to be flower girl. The event will cost our family about $6.5K to attend with travel costs, housing and everything they...

Kelly, Jan 23, 2023 9 240 1
PressTheStarKey
Father physically giving the bride's hand to groom?
PressTheStarKey, on October 19, 2016 at 10:24 AM

I was in a wedding this past weekend, and during rehearsal, the preacher told the bride's father to literally put the bride's hand into the groom's hand. The bridesmaid beside me muttered, "There will...

jessica, Jan 22, 2023 47 3,223
Michelle
Not inviting Bridesmaid’s husband
Michelle, on January 16, 2023 at 4:10 PM

Hey guys, Curious to know your thoughts on this issue. I have a bridesmaid whose anniversary also happens to land on my wedding! She is unhappily married (both are cheating, arguments constantly,...

Mary, Jan 21, 2023 11 371
A
Is it petty to hold a grudge for no-show guests?
Alicia, on February 4, 2017 at 6:56 PM

My wedding was three weeks ago and I had three different parties not show up to the wedding after they RSVP'd 'yes' months in advance. I understand that certain things come up in life unexpectedly,...

Heather, Jan 20, 2023 30 787
Ashley
Wedding photos as Christmas gift?
Ashley, on December 3, 2021 at 11:44 PM

Hi, all! I got married in July and I was planning to give my immediate family (mom, dad, sisters, stepdad, niece, and in-laws) a picture of us with each of them as a Christmas gift. My husband thinks...

MetcalfeVictor, Jan 20, 2023 15 667
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics