Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Suzann
Missing wedding gift
Suzann, on January 19, 2022 at 3:29 PM

Hello All, I need some advice on what to do with a sticky situation. A couple who attended our wedding did not give a gift. It's now been almost three months after my wedding and I'm sending out my...

Suzann, Jan 24, 2022 18 525 1
Janelle
Small wedding - how to tell people?
Janelle, on January 21, 2022 at 4:20 PM

I have searched and scoured the internet for a good answer to this, and I'm not sure I have yet. My fiancé and I are very casual, laid back people. That being said, we are having a wedding only...

, Jan 22, 2022 20 245 1
Caitlin
Kids Optional
Caitlin, on January 21, 2022 at 3:52 PM

So I am planning for my wedding to have kids to come (which I am so excited about). How do I put though that people do not HAVE to bring their kids? I just want to give that option of they can bring...

Lauren, Jan 22, 2022 10 233
Emily
Post wedding shower 2 years later…
Emily, Yesterday at 2:20 AM

Hi all, my sister got married in 2019 to a man from another country. They got married at the courthouse in order for them to live together and start a life. We had a really nice luncheon for them with...

Jacks, 4 hours ago 9 250
Mrs. Mills
Open Bar/Cash Bar Invitation Wording
Mrs. Mills, on July 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Hello my beautiful brides to be, I would like to order my wedding invitations but had a question regarding the reception card wording. I think I want to go with this: PLEASE JOIN US FOR Dinner,...

Jacks, 4 hours ago 30 15,367
Maryam
Bridesmaids dresses different colors & styles
Maryam, Today at 12:22 PM

Hello! I'm considering having my bridesmaids be in different colors and different fabrics as you can see below. All will be long floor length dresses to keep that consistent. MOH in sparkle and...

Jacks, 4 hours ago 6 88
Lauren
Black-tie Dinner Questions
Lauren, Today at 12:46 AM

My fiancé and I decided to have our wedding as "black-tie preferred". The problem is that we hateeeeee traditional plated wedding food! Surf and turf is never cooked to everyone's preferences no...

KYLIE, 4 hours ago 8 192 1
Gettingmarriedin2016
Do any of your parents have Alzheimer's Disease?
Gettingmarriedin2016, on May 15, 2016 at 7:24 PM

My dad has Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. Lately, his shaking and memory have gotten worse. His hands can not stop shaking and he limps when he walks (he refuses to use a cane). Sometimes he...

Joseph, 10 hours ago 16 482
Kalyx
Bridesmaid turns trip to wedding destination into a family affair
Kalyx, Yesterday at 2:54 AM

I have a very fast engagement. I asked my bridesmaids the week after I got engaged. Anyway, I asked my current college roommate and friend of 5 years to be a bridesmaid. I created a group that and...

Jacks, Yesterday at 9:08 PM 22 401
RaeGin
Maiden name, 2nd middle name
RaeGin, on February 22, 2017 at 7:47 AM

Good morning all, I plan to take FH's last name after we're married, but I have an uncommon last name currently (which I love), and I'm not wanting to let go of it completely. I know that I've seen...

Ren, Yesterday at 5:51 PM 35 15,134 2
Melissa
Advice: "save the dates have gone out and someone should be added" debacle
Melissa, Yesterday at 3:48 PM

A little back story...My FH and I had a difficult time when were deciding our guest lists because we have fairly large families with lots of kids and lots of friends (we have been dating for over 8...

Jacks, Yesterday at 5:36 PM 5 140
Venessa
Bridal shower - who pays?!
Venessa, on April 24, 2017 at 9:09 PM

Hey guys, so I know im not really supposed to be involved with planning my bridal shower but I at least wanted to make sure it was a nice place they picked out. But now, who pays for it? Is it just up...

Catie, Yesterday at 2:20 PM 45 20,803
A
Do you think it’s rude to ask who is in the bridal party
alohawedding1119, on August 9, 2018 at 5:16 PM

Hello! I recently had had a friend ask if we knew who will be in our wedding party. (This was a week after we got engaged.) I was taken aback. What’s your thoughts? Do you think it’s rude to ask who...

Jacks, Yesterday at 2:00 PM 16 699
bride123
Do guests bring gifts to Bridal Shower and Wedding?
bride123, on January 23, 2022 at 5:07 PM

Hi Everyone, I am just curious. Me and my fiancé are the first out of our friends to get married. We all just graduated college 1.5 years ago. Do guests usually buy gifts for bridal shower and...

Tiger Bride, Yesterday at 1:37 PM 8 155
Shannon
Guests not putting pics out
Shannon, on January 26, 2022 at 9:22 AM

So I’m not a big social media person. I have Facebook and keep it so a smaller number of friends. I see you can ask guests not to use their phones during the ceremony and have it “unplugged”. During...

Natalie, Jan 26, 2022 11 236 1
Tiffany
Elopement weekend
Tiffany, on January 19, 2022 at 2:30 PM

Hi all! My fiance and I decided to elope in Vegas...and then we decided to invite some of our best friends (total of 5) to be our witnesses and attend our ceremony Background: We're all flying in...

Tiffany, Jan 26, 2022 10 146
Tiffany
Thank you cards
Tiffany, on January 25, 2022 at 5:15 PM

I can't find a straight answer on other forums on how many thank you cards to send. I bought 3 different designs since I know some will get more than one card. Are you sending a thank you to all...

Lunajay, Jan 26, 2022 7 160
LoveBubbles
Am I missing something? Why do you let parents invite guests?
LoveBubbles, on January 4, 2016 at 12:18 PM

So here is my question. I have been on WW for quite a while now and just about every week there is a discussion/vent on parents inviting guests to people's weddings. While I completely understand if...

Lana, Jan 25, 2022 53 20,335
P
Demoting maid of honor to bridesmaid?
Pati, on April 10, 2018 at 2:30 AM

I have a matron of honor ( my sister) & a maid of honor for my wedding in 2 weeks. Both girls are super busy with their own life’s and careers so I asked them both so that they could team up &...

Jacks, Jan 25, 2022 17 1,565
S
Note on back of wedding invite?
Stacy, on January 24, 2022 at 4:10 PM

Can I write a custom note on back of wedding invitation to all guests about wedding location and reception? It is 5 hours away from everyone invited, and we want it to be special yet casual, as it is...

Taylor, Jan 24, 2022 8 167
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics