Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Nancy
Bridesmaids not getting ready with me?
Nancy, on January 8, 2022 at 12:29 PM

Wondering if this is normal. I've asked all my bridesmaids if they will be needing any makeup and hair services, which I will paying for. They all told me that they will not be getting ready with me....

Kelly, Yesterday at 11:12 AM 15 322
Tara
Bridesmaids I've Never Actually Met
Tara, on January 9, 2022 at 2:04 PM

My FH has two cousins that he is close with that he would like to have in our wedding (I'm fine with that). He's already informally asked them and they will be bridesmaids standing on my side. I...

Pegah, Jan 15, 2022 24 486
Kate
Wedding Favors..a Must?
Kate, on January 9, 2022 at 10:51 AM

My fiance and I had originally planned on not having wedding favors for guests. We’re having a two-day wedding (Friday night religious ceremony with small ice cream social for family and close friends...

Sydney, Jan 15, 2022 32 487 1
Ashley
Wedding party proposals and gifts
Ashley, Yesterday at 12:42 PM

I am confused about this trend of bridesmaid proposals (do they do groomsmen proposals too?). Also, if you did that, do you still do a gift afterward? My bridal party is just family, so a proposal...

Taylor, Yesterday at 8:22 PM 13 167
A
Maid of honour won't speak to me
Anonymous, on January 16, 2022 at 11:31 PM

Hello, my maid of honour is my younger sibling who I grew up very close to. They happily accepted being my maid of honour and were initially very excited. Our relationship has fallen apart in the last...

Anonymous, Yesterday at 8:07 PM 8 155
Keyra
Something blue /something borrowed
Keyra, Yesterday at 9:32 AM

So I am doing something new (my dress), something old (a bracelet), something borrowed (i need an idea), and something blue (a friend in a blue). My question is how do I incorporate my friend in the...

R C, Yesterday at 7:13 PM 4 72
Beckie
Maybe on a rsvp
Beckie, Yesterday at 3:24 PM

We have guests reaching out to us stating that someone in their party is a maybe...We put our date out to this group of people one month shy of a year of what the deadline date is for RSVPs so they...

Beckie, Yesterday at 7:10 PM 11 169
Tiffany
Covid testing at wedding
Tiffany, on January 13, 2022 at 8:18 PM

I was hoping this new Omicron strain would die out, and I know I have a lot of time, but at this rate I think covid might still be a thing (even if its very small and not a big deal anymore). Out of...

Miriam, Yesterday at 7:05 PM 12 290
Kelly
Paying for Guests' Hotel Rooms?
Kelly, Yesterday at 11:10 AM

Are we supposed to pay for out of town guests' hotel rooms? I didn't think so but the Wedding Wire budget tool includes a line for it. I'd need to redesign my wedding if this is the case because hotel...

Jacks, Yesterday at 6:27 PM 5 105
Jess
Bride is not offering vegetarian option for dinner
Jess, Yesterday at 10:09 AM

I am the maid of honor at my best friends wedding. We were going over the website and RVSP process when I noticed there was no veg option. Having been to a ton of weddings I assumed it was by request...

Jacks, Yesterday at 6:24 PM 12 204
Brenda
Shower / meet and greet
Brenda, on January 16, 2022 at 9:47 PM

Our son is marrying a wonderful woman. They are both in their mid-thirties, never been married and are combining two homes. They truly need not to register. They are not registering anywhere. They...

Orianna, Yesterday at 3:33 PM 8 222
mrswinteriscoming
Is anyone else being incorrectly labelled a bridezilla over things that don’t even come close to it?
mrswinteriscoming, on December 5, 2021 at 6:45 PM

(I am going to preface this by saying that I don’t agree with the label ‘bridezilla’, and I think where a bride is being a bit unreasonable or out of line, it should be dealt with more delicately...

Kelly, Yesterday at 1:35 PM 22 443
P
Did anyone bring any children to your adult-only wedding?
Peach, on January 11, 2022 at 4:33 PM

I've listed on both my website and invitations addressed to those with children and grandchildren that we are having an adult-only wedding. Outer envelopes were addressed explicitly only to those...

Peach, Yesterday at 12:42 PM 7 186
E
Feet Washing at Ceremony
Erin, on March 21, 2016 at 12:30 AM

I've seen such beautiful pictures at Christian weddings where there is a moment when the groom washes his bride's feet (and I assume visa versa). I know the action is a depiction of the love and honor...

Katherine, Yesterday at 10:34 AM 40 40,793 4
B
Reading each other’s vows?
Bcpatterson, Yesterday at 1:11 AM

Is that a thing? I was reading an article about vows and just thought about it and thought it would be kind of cool/romantic.

Sarah, Yesterday at 9:26 AM 6 65
Ricky & Jazmine Johnson
Asking for tip before service?
Ricky & Jazmine Johnson, on January 16, 2022 at 12:52 AM

I got a text from our wedding photographer tonight that said “our team would appreciate any tips/gratuity you can give 😁”. Is it common for vendors to ask for tips beforehand? Our wedding is tomorrow...

Ms., Jan 16, 2022 11 201
Melissa
Best Friends Wedding
Melissa, on January 15, 2022 at 6:14 AM

I'm in my best friends wedding but she told me yesterday that I won't get a plus 1 for my fiance because they don't particularly care for him. Buttt my kids are invited. First I obviously can't bring...

Ms., Jan 16, 2022 17 294
S
i was not included in my boyfriend's wedding invitation
Sarah, on January 13, 2022 at 10:48 PM

Hi ladies! I could use your opinion and advice. My boyfriend is the best man at his friend's wedding. I've met the couple a handful of times and been with my boyfriend for over a year and a half. The...

Caitlin, Jan 16, 2022 15 311
Brennaa
Hotel room booking for guests!?
Brennaa, on January 13, 2022 at 10:59 PM

Hi! My fiancé and I are getting married May of 2023. We are having our ceremony and reception at the same place. The venue is almost exactly 1 hour from our home (and the majority of the guests). Our...

Ashlee, Jan 16, 2022 8 181
Aidan
i don’t want to have a wedding anymore.
Aidan, on January 14, 2022 at 12:39 PM

I’ve always envisioned having an amazing wedding day with the one I love, surrounded by our friends and family who would ideally be genuinely happy for us. Since getting engaged, I’ve had to detach...

Helen, Jan 16, 2022 12 462 2
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics