We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Madelin
Is it rude to mark people who did not rsvp as not attending?
Madelin, Yesterday at 12:06 PM

The RSVP deadline was last week (on the 15th). I sent messages to some people regarding their RSVPs, some have chosen not to respond (so I marked them as declined) and others explained why they...

Madelin, Yesterday at 7:06 PM 28 266
Jessica
Would it be rude to only invite a select few kids to our wedding?
Jessica, on October 17, 2020 at 12:19 PM

The way our guest list has grown blows my mind. One night, we had about 45, then we go over to my future MIL’s place and start talking about more names we might want to add. They came up with about 50...

Adrienne, Yesterday at 1:58 PM 22 258
C
My Daughter & His Daughters Roles
Christina, Yesterday at 7:37 PM

I need some advice. I want my 7 year old daughter to be one of my bridesmaids. She has been through a lot with me. His daughter is 2 and I want her to be part of the wedding and was thinking flower...

Christina, 49 minutes ago 9 79
V
Plus One issues
VICTORIA, Yesterday at 9:59 PM

Hi all! To start : we aren't allowing +1's unless guests are married or engaged by the time our Save the Dates went out. Everyone is aware and fine with it. We had to do this because FH wanted kids in...

mrswinteriscoming, 53 minutes ago 4 97
Anna
Lost invitations
Anna, Yesterday at 6:00 PM

So we found out recently that two of my guests never received the invitation that was mailed the first of September. Mom wondered how many others got lost, but I told her I felt like most responded...

Chelsea, 2 hours ago 3 94
Mary
Opinions needed: Which would you prefer as a guest?
Mary, Yesterday at 1:03 PM

Our top venue that we’re in love with is a hotel, and we'll be having about 120 people invited. All of the family and friends we're inviting are people we are closer with (so-- no one feels like we're...

Theresa, 2 hours ago 40 334
T
Controversial Topic: Honeymoon Shower
Tiger Bride, on October 16, 2020 at 3:39 PM

A friend of mine recently told me she received an invite to a honeymoon shower for a couple they are good friends with. It was pretty much known they would not have a 'regular' registry because they...

Heather, 2 hours ago 28 420
B
Timeline Advice
Bailee, on October 19, 2020 at 11:27 AM

Hi everyone! I’ve been looking at this timeline for hours to make sure everything seems okay and I thought fresh pairs of eyes might help! Is there anything that you would change about this timeline?...

Bailee, Yesterday at 11:44 PM 11 192
Wendi
Elopement Planning= Family Complaining. Share your woes!
Wendi, on December 20, 2019 at 9:00 AM

Seeking advice and rants are acceptable! Share your elopement planning woes here!!! How have you dealt with your family's complaints on your chosen nuptials?

Catelyn, Yesterday at 8:59 PM 7 215
A
Restaurant after a courthouse wedding???
Angel, on June 17, 2016 at 4:13 AM

My fiancé and I are getting married at the local courthouse in a month and a half. The only people invited are his family (~6 adults & ~4 kids over 1 years old) but I'm still sending out official...

Valerie, Yesterday at 8:47 PM 82 11,835 1
S
Family members
Sara, on October 20, 2020 at 1:16 PM

Hello, My fiancé and I decided to share our wedding website with family as our version of save the dates (saves money this way). Since then I have an uncle who is asking if he can bring his wife’s...

MOB So Cal, Yesterday at 8:32 PM 14 231
Na'Imah
Reception food
Na'Imah, on October 12, 2020 at 8:57 PM

Hi everyone Does anyone have any experience with having people pay for their own food? My fiance and I are paying for the wedding party, but the package we have does not cover food. It is going to be...

mrswinteriscoming, Yesterday at 8:23 PM 52 1,116
Liberty
Travel time to wedding venue from hotel?
Liberty, Yesterday at 12:36 PM

Hi ladies, I'm sure this has been discussed but I can't seem to find a good category to put this question under. A lot of our friends and family are coming from out of town, a good 2+ hours travel...

Hanna, Yesterday at 7:12 PM 8 109
Rachel
Navigating the guest list...
Rachel, Yesterday at 12:03 PM

Hi, Everyone - My fiancé and I have ran into another roadblock (once again, instigated by my MIL). Like I've said in previous posts, we anticipate having between 40-50 people attend our wedding. Much...

Rachel, Yesterday at 6:28 PM 8 144
Courtney
They Haven't Given Us Their Plus-one's Name
Courtney, on September 29, 2020 at 11:26 AM

Our guest list and seating chart are due tomorrow and we have multiple guests that haven't given us the names of their plus ones. We've texted them multiple times asking and they always dodge the...

Judith, Yesterday at 3:37 PM 12 192 1
Kathleen
Save the date
Kathleen, on October 20, 2020 at 2:13 PM

I’ve been reading about save the date etiquette for weddings and I need advice. I have quite a few out of state family I know won’t be attending the wedding, I was going to send them save the dates...

Allie, Yesterday at 7:49 AM 7 116
Kimi K
Unhappy with VistaPrint order :o( ... what to doooo?!
Kimi K, on January 19, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I was super excited to see my vistaprint package sitting on my doorstep when I arrived home yesterday. We ordered a bunch of stuff (free) but most importantly we got our menus! Exciting right? NO! My...

Bays, Yesterday at 6:17 AM 19 2,679
Rachel
How to tell my Sister that it will be a no-kid wedding?
Rachel, on October 19, 2020 at 3:01 PM

Hi, Everyone - I just wanted to get some input on this topic. As some of you may know, my fiancé and I have decided to have a no-kid wedding. This is largely due to cost and because of the wedding...

Judith, Oct 20, 2020 6 208
Natalia
Wearing a ring 24/7?
Natalia, on August 21, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Hello all! I’m not sure if this is the proper group for this discussion. However, I wanted to know if you ladies and/or gents wear your engagement rings all the time. Recently, I was made to feel bad,...

Rhiamae, Oct 19, 2020 1,115 16,801 17
Tarsha
Thank You Gift for Zoom attendees
Tarsha, on October 17, 2020 at 8:03 AM

I got married on 10/10/20 with 75 people in attendance. My guest received a box of wedding favors (hand sanitizers, fancy soap, beard balm, bottle opener). I also had my wedding live streaming on...

Lynnie, Oct 19, 2020 3 100 1
Start a discussion