Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Dana
Rehearsal dinner cash bar- tacky or not?
Dana, on December 12, 2019 at 3:23 AM

Hello! Opinions needed. We are wayyy over budget for our wedding. My fiance and I are contemplating hosting a rehearsal dinner and providing one drink for our guests (alcohol or non alcoholic) and...

Alexis, Yesterday at 4:10 PM 31 488
Gabby
Food favors - is it ok?
Gabby, on December 11, 2019 at 10:34 AM

Okay, so my fiancé and I are thinking about doing food as a favor at our reception. Our venue offers the ability to send guests off with different little goodies and the one we really like is soft...

Suzanne, Dec 12, 2019 32 407
E
Trying to walk the fine line between "it's my wedding Dammit" and not being Bridezilla
Elizabeth, on December 13, 2019 at 3:53 PM

Getting married on a cruise ship on the First Day at Sea, which is, traditionally, "Formal Night". Unfortunately, The Powers That Be scheduled my wedding for noon which means I am going to end up with...

Theresa, An hour ago 13 326
Maggie
Hair decisions
Maggie, on December 13, 2019 at 8:58 PM

So, I picked out my hair style And I asked all of my girls to put in their ideas for what they want to do for their hair day of and.... this is what they ALL want: Is this different enough for...

Lady, Yesterday at 11:43 PM 8 171
Amina
Christmas and wedding expenses
Amina, on December 13, 2019 at 10:48 AM

Anyone else struggling with Christmas presents with their wedding being so close to the holidays?? Our date is 2 weeks after Christmas and FH is stressing himself out paying for the wedding and trying...

Christine, Yesterday at 11:25 PM 18 150
FutureMrs
Is this a good reason to have a dry reception?
FutureMrs, Yesterday at 9:10 AM

Hi all! So going to a destination wedding (~2 hr flight minimum for most guests) at a really swanky 4-5 star resort. We are invited to reception only as I’m guessing the couple want the ceremony more...

Lady, Yesterday at 8:27 PM 17 265
Jocelyn
Open Bar vs. No Open Bar
Jocelyn, on December 13, 2019 at 7:16 PM

Hey everyone!!! So I have quite a dilemma as far as serving alcohol at the reception goes. Half of my guests are older Christians who do not partake in drinking. The other half of my guests and the...

Jocelyn, Yesterday at 7:25 PM 17 315
M
Latino last name issue.. Florida brides, please help!
Mariana, on September 7, 2016 at 11:47 AM

Hi community.. I'm going through a nightmare with my name change here in FL. My husband is Puerto Rican where it is standard to be given both your mother and father's family name. When I showed my...

Eunice, Yesterday at 7:08 PM 75 1 3,227
J
Different last names invitation
Jordan, Yesterday at 4:13 AM

Hey guys, wanna get some advice at this because I'm kinda at a lost at this. My fiance's Aunt got remarried but kept her first husband's last name (eg: Smith). Her kids have their biological father's...

April, Yesterday at 6:07 PM 2 89
Samantha
Kid-free
Samantha, on June 1, 2019 at 7:07 PM

We are not having kids at our wedding except for the wedding party. I am going to need a ton of advice on how anybody who is doing the same has handled the backlash you have gotten from this. Because...

Rachael, Yesterday at 1:48 PM 48 1,690
Bethanne
Rehearsal Dinner Speaches
Bethanne, on December 13, 2019 at 6:13 AM

The grooms parents are not hosting the rehearsal dinner and as a result my brother and sisters have stepped up to pay for the dinner. Should the grooms parents still give the welcome toast? I feel...

Theresa, Yesterday at 1:23 PM 8 123
Monique
Using a charger plate for food?
Monique, on December 13, 2019 at 6:37 PM

I am having an outside wedding/ backyard tent wedding and I don’t want to rent glassware and I want to do something slightly more fancy than paper plates. Anyone ever use charger plates for actual...

Elizabeth, Yesterday at 1:06 AM 6 171
Aubrey
Do i keep this bridesmaid in my wedding?
Aubrey, on December 13, 2019 at 10:07 AM

Hi guys! So I know the typical answers of of selfish I am being and how I’m not allowed to expect anything of my bridesmaids will come up but hear me out. I’m just not sure if I can get over all of...

Elizabeth, Yesterday at 12:11 AM 15 309
LoveYouMoore
My dad died today.
LoveYouMoore, on February 11, 2017 at 11:06 PM

69 days until I get married to my bestfriend...but the man who is suppose to walk me down the isle died today....I'm shattered and broken. I look forward to none of this now...

Traci, Dec 13, 2019 241 100
Jaimie
How do I deal with a guest who didn't even give a card?
Jaimie, on May 21, 2014 at 4:21 PM

I completely understand if someone is not financially capable of giving a gift, but can we all agree that it is completely unacceptable to not even give a card? A card can be purchased 2 for a dollar...

Traci, Dec 13, 2019 73 2,377
A
Photo album best options?
Angelena, on December 9, 2019 at 8:43 AM

Besides Shutterfly, what are some other good options for both good quality and affordable photo albums? I’m not talking artifact uprising because those are hundreds of dollars a pop. Maybe for myself,...

Richard, Dec 13, 2019 8 82
Jessica and Rashad
Collecting Addresses
Jessica and Rashad, on November 12, 2017 at 11:22 AM

I still need a lot of addresses on my guest list and I want to send out save-the-dates. I'm really a "do it yourself" type of bride, but I just can't think of a proactive way to get addresses from...

Eshell, Dec 13, 2019 36 5,203
Paige
Individual Address Labels
Paige, on December 12, 2019 at 5:59 PM

I'm about to start working on our save the dates and I really don't want to hand write each individual address, just because I want it to look neat and I know my handwriting can be messy and uneven at...

Jeanie, Dec 13, 2019 7 2 72
Future Mrs. MCS
The dreaded wedding gap
Future Mrs. MCS, on December 12, 2019 at 9:11 PM

I've been reading the forums long enough to know that WW *hates* a gap between the ceremony and reception. But I am still considering having a gap, and here's why: I am having a DW--still in the US,...

Lady, Dec 13, 2019 13 273
J
Post-wedding Return Address - Different Last Names
Jessica, on December 13, 2019 at 3:25 AM

All my search results for this question bring me results about invitations and save the dates. But how would you go about writing your return address when the couple keeps their own last names? I...

Jessica, Dec 13, 2019 7 115
Start a discussion