Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Elisa
Inviting people to a joint bachelor/bachelorette who won't be invited to the wedding...
Elisa, on June 16, 2021 at 10:43 AM

Looking for advice/thoughts. My fiance and I are planning on having a joined bachelor/bachelorette party this Halloween (also having seperate trips). We are having a microwedding because at the time...

Sarah, 2 hours ago 14 223 1
Aly
Multiple Moh?
Aly, on June 14, 2021 at 9:37 PM

My MOH lives on the other side of the state, so she hasn’t been able to help as much with the planning as a MOH typically would. I have a friend who’s literally helped me plan the entire thing and I...

Melissa, Yesterday at 8:38 PM 17 274
Elizabeth
Tipping the band
Elizabeth, Yesterday at 6:05 PM

Hi! We’re having a small wedding with a three piece band (singer, guitarist, pianist) and an mc. I’m not sure what kind of tip to give them! I’m in northern NJ. Help!

Cool, 13 minutes ago 7 56
K
Maid of Honor Help!
Kristen, Yesterday at 8:48 PM

Hi there! So here is my predicament - I am getting married next June and I always thought my college roommate/best friend would be my maid of honor. We have even discussed this before, so she...

Lady, An hour ago 9 142
Emily
Videographer not posting to Instagram
Emily, Yesterday at 2:47 PM

This is kind of a weird post but I’m wondering if there’s anyone here who is a photographer/videographer who has some advice. We got lucky to find a videographer who filmed an amazing video for our...

Ava, An hour ago 17 372 1
M
I’m the MOH and feel like second fiddle to a BM-help
Moh, Today at 8:36 AM

My friend who’s the bride was one of my MOH for my wedding and kind of did the bare minimum and ticked off all of my bridesmaids with how she handled everything. She’s an event planner for corporate...

Clarissa, An hour ago 3 89
mrswinteriscoming
Flaky vendor? Persevere or replace?
mrswinteriscoming, on June 16, 2021 at 8:45 PM

My makeup artist is a distant family friend who used to do makeup full time but now does it solely as a side hustle on occasion as she has 2 children under 3. Her work is beautiful but I’m a little...

AJ, 4 hours ago 4 55
Victoria
Groom Changing after Ceremony
Victoria, Today at 12:08 AM

My fiancée and I have been discussing options for our wedding in two months. I’m from Florida and we could only afford an outdoor wedding at the venue Ive chosen. He wears a US army uniform for the...

Rebelle Fleur, 4 hours ago 2 100
T
Bridesmaid Due 2 Months Before Wedding - Help/advice
Tobe, Yesterday at 1:10 AM

Looking for some advice as to how to handle this situation. I just found out one of my bridesmaids is pregnant and due a little over 2 months before my wedding with her second child. She’s already...

Peyton, 10 hours ago 10 245
J
Am I a Horrible MOH?!
Jasmine, on June 16, 2021 at 6:20 AM

Hey all! I am MOH in a friends wedding. We have known each other for about 15 years. Her wedding is next month and the Bachelorette party is next week (not fully planned out which is another story -...

Victoria, 10 hours ago 22 480 1
Anna
Does your in laws/FIL's still have pics of your FH with his Ex's?
Anna, on October 5, 2011 at 9:31 AM

So here's the deal ...I never had issues with FH's..in fact they are really the only family I have and im greatful for that. When I first met them at their home as soon as you walked in you see a huge...

Sahithi, Yesterday at 6:25 PM 26 3,735
BridalB
Couples Shower- am i the rudest person without knowing?!
BridalB, on June 16, 2021 at 10:09 PM

I have to start this by saying I feel HORRIBLE. I made a huge etiquette faux pas and didn’t even realize it. I got engaged a while ago. In my family I am the eldest daughter/granddaughter on both...

Natalie, Yesterday at 2:55 PM 12 354
Monica
Covid wedding
Monica, Yesterday at 12:30 AM

I had a small ceremony in October 2020. I had my reception in April 2021. Many of my college friends and bridesmaids could not make it to my reception. I did not have a bachelorette party. I did not...

Natalie, Yesterday at 2:39 PM 4 96
Cherie
Help with invitation wording
Cherie, Yesterday at 4:26 AM

The parents of the bride are paying/hosting the wedding. How shoud the invitations be worded. We don't like Mr. And Mrs. Xoxox Request the honor of .... Our families: ..... (Sounds like everyone...

Cherie, Yesterday at 2:14 PM 11 113
Amanda
I do not want to invite my best friend's boyfriend to my wedding. What should I do?
Amanda, on June 16, 2021 at 1:57 PM

One of my best friends has a significant other who verbally and emotionally assaulted me years ago. He was drunk, I was driving them home from a concert, and I felt so unsafe that I ended up having to...

Lady, Yesterday at 10:21 AM 19 283
Lisa
Possible Ring Bearer and His Brother
Lisa, on June 16, 2021 at 5:36 PM

Initially my fiancé and I were not planning on having a ring bearer since we do not have any young boys on either side of the family that we actual know. We were thinking maybe our closest friends...

Ariel, Jun 16, 2021 4 63
Sarah
How to word thank you card?
Sarah, on June 15, 2021 at 7:07 PM

So my shower was the other day. I'm sitting here thinking about how to word thank you cards for people who gave money. I certainly can't write like hey thanks for the nice check lmao 😂. Can I...

Samantha, Jun 16, 2021 6 94 1
L
Worried about in laws meeting each other
Lucy, on August 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Hi! My FH and i are having our families to his house for dinner on 8/24. Our familes are very different and he's very worried about them meeting and doesn't really even want it to happen until the...

Cyrus, Jun 16, 2021 18 969
Sandra
Uninviting a Guest / Alcoholism
Sandra, on April 5, 2021 at 11:26 AM

I'm looking for advice on how to navigate a delicate situation. I have a friend that our "closeness" level is hanging once every 2-3 months, and catching up over the phone once a month. We used to...

Sandra, Jun 16, 2021 11 370
Kasyah
Videographer Isn't Responding
Kasyah, on December 28, 2020 at 8:54 AM

As if getting married in 2020 hasn't been a nightmare enough now I'm dealing with this... We were married back in July of this year and I have had hardly any communication from our videographer. We...

Kasyah, Jun 16, 2021 14 210 1
Start a discussion
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics