We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Megan
Guests that don’t bring gifts
Megan, on April 7, 2021 at 8:31 PM

Has anyone else had guests that don’t bring gifts? How do you handle thank you cards? I was thinking about sending thank you cards to everyone who attended, and maybe just personalize the cards to the...

Sarah, Apr 8, 2021 11 277
MK
moh while being a bride?
MK, on April 5, 2021 at 4:58 PM

My friend, who is also a bridesmaid in my wedding, has recently started planning her wedding. She isn't engaged yet, but has already started planning a beach "minimony" wedding this summer. She asked...

Michelle, Apr 8, 2021 24 399
Ciara
Is it weird to invite parents of a family friend you grew up with, but not the friend you grew up with?
Ciara, on April 6, 2021 at 1:40 AM

Hey Brides! FH & I feel differently about this, so hoping for some advice. Is it weird to invite parents of a family friend you grew up with, but not the friend you grew up with? Here's the...

Donnaly, Apr 7, 2021 16 318
Angela
Sister Bridesmaids and crunched timeline
Angela, Today at 1:33 AM

I'm going to preface this by saying I've only been to 3 weddings in my life and have never been a bridesmaid so I'm a bit hazy on all of the traditions and etiquette involved. When it came time to...

Catherine, 3 hours ago 3 24
N
The Big Wedding -what to call it?
Nancy, Yesterday at 11:20 PM

Last year bc of Covid we had a very small wedding or minimony. This year we are going ahead w the ‘big wedding’ and reception. But what do we call it? Marriage Blessing, Vow Renewal, Wedding Blessing...

Nikki, 3 hours ago 4 37
Allison
Destination Wedding Etiquette
Allison, Yesterday at 7:24 PM

Hi everyone! I have been planning an intimate destination wedding (40 people) for the past six months and invites went out recently. The deadline to RSVP is approaching and one of my bridesmaids still...

Catherine, 4 hours ago 10 144
T
Demoting maid of honor
Trynady, on July 1, 2018 at 10:35 PM

Hey guys so I made one of my best friends my maid of honor, and I'm just really started to regret it. She is not making a single effort to help me, never has time when I ask her to hang out to plan...

Tracey, 4 hours ago 29 2,947
Megan
Website on invite
Megan, Yesterday at 12:02 AM

We’re not including a details insert with our invite. See attached proof of invite. We plan to list additional details and rsvp on the website. We’re listing the website on the back side of the...

Michelle, Yesterday at 7:00 PM 7 156
bajan_kay
Champagne Toast or Nah???
bajan_kay, on May 12, 2015 at 9:03 AM

Hi! I just got my final estimate for my wedding next month. We're expecting a total of 48 guests and the venue is charging about $700 just for the champagne. Is this reasonable? Do I have to...

Malia, Yesterday at 6:20 PM 25 1,235
Laura
Minor E-ring change?
Laura, Yesterday at 6:18 PM

My wedding band has white gold behind the accent stones which make them look bright white and sparkly. My E-ring, though, has no white plating and only rose gold. I love two tone rings. Do you think I...

Laura, Yesterday at 6:18 PM 39
M
Previously married.
Misselis, on April 9, 2021 at 5:55 PM

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there are woman here who's husband has been previously married. I'm currently in an emotional rollercoaster (as some have might red in my other topic) but I feel that...

Laura, Yesterday at 5:52 PM 17 235
Rosilus
Is a $50 gift card good enough
Rosilus, on April 9, 2021 at 7:27 PM

Hello all May 15 bride here so excited but at the same token in a huge dilemma. Here it goes we are eloping just the 2 of us and 1 family friend with his sister will be our witnesses. we currently...

Michelle, Apr 9, 2021 3 159
B
Guest list crossroads
Bride2Be, on April 9, 2021 at 12:35 PM

I’m having a hard time with some people on my guest list and whether or not I should keep them or take them off. These are distant relatives that I am friends with on Facebook and would see every once...

Judith, Apr 9, 2021 12 142
Shelby
Rehearsal dinner- do we invite the wedding party’s spouses?
Shelby, on April 6, 2021 at 8:07 PM

Hi All, My FMIL planned our rehearsal dinner at a really nice restaurant- the bridal party and immediate family alone is 27 people, and we opted to not include our wedding party’s dates, as this is...

Virginia, Apr 9, 2021 14 310
S
My friend wants me to be in her wedding that is a week before mine. Do i say yes?
Sarah, on April 9, 2021 at 9:38 AM

Hello beautiful people! I don't know what to do! A close friend of mine got engaged a few weeks after me and I am so excited for them! However, about a week after my fiancee and I set our date she...

Hannah, Apr 9, 2021 12 198
A
a little help?
Amy, on April 7, 2021 at 12:27 PM

So... I’m having an issue with one of my friends for the wedding. Pre-covid times (feels like ages ago) when my FH and I knew we wanted to get married we set the date for November 2020. That one...

Elizabeth, Apr 9, 2021 9 224
Estrella
How do i handle drama over No invites
Estrella, on April 7, 2021 at 9:25 PM

Hello all, My fiancé and I are planning an intimate celebration for October inviting only immediate family and our closest friends, no kids. We are also planning a surprise baby shower for my sister...

Jennifer, Apr 9, 2021 7 197
kahlcara
KWR: Using maiden and married names on resume?
kahlcara, on June 8, 2015 at 4:49 PM

I just had a meeting to review my resume with a career counselor at my graduate school. Right now I have my resume formatted with my name at the top as First MI Married (Maiden). The counselor...

Klementina, Apr 9, 2021 14 3,726
Calisha
Bridesmaids proposal box
Calisha, on March 30, 2021 at 1:44 AM

Hello! I want to make my bridesmaids a proposal box but I’m not sure what to put in it. Help?!

Valerie, Apr 9, 2021 13 120
mrswinteriscoming
What are your 'pet peeves' (wedding related)?
mrswinteriscoming, on March 22, 2021 at 10:19 PM

Whether you are a part of the bridal party and have been asked to do something ridiculous, or a wedding guest that has seen some bridezilla like behaviour, or even the bride/groom and have encountered...

Catherine, Apr 9, 2021 69 1,956 1
Start a discussion
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics