Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Kate
Wedding Favors..a Must?
Kate, on January 9, 2022 at 10:51 AM

My fiance and I had originally planned on not having wedding favors for guests. We’re having a two-day wedding (Friday night religious ceremony with small ice cream social for family and close friends...

Kelly, 8 hours ago 33 505 1
M
How to politely ask Mother to cut back on invited friends?
Morgan, Yesterday at 3:22 PM

I’m recently engaged and we are in the very early stages of planning. My parents have very generously offered to pay for the wedding. We had originally intended the guest count to be around the...

Taylor, Yesterday at 10:49 PM 9 191
Beckie
Maybe on a rsvp
Beckie, on January 17, 2022 at 3:24 PM

We have guests reaching out to us stating that someone in their party is a maybe...We put our date out to this group of people one month shy of a year of what the deadline date is for RSVPs so they...

Beckie, Jan 17, 2022 11 213
K
Can you invite people to the bachelorette and not the bridal shower?
Keri, Today at 12:13 PM

First of all, I know I am not in charge of planning either of the events, but I do need to come up with the guest list. I have a few friends that I want to invite to the bachelorette but not the...

Jacks, 15 seconds ago 3 56
Tiffany
Elopement weekend
Tiffany, Today at 2:30 PM

Hi all! My fiance and I decided to elope in Vegas...and then we decided to invite some of our best friends (total of 5) to be our witnesses and attend our ceremony Background: We're all flying in...

Jacks, 2 minutes ago 3 33
Suzann
Missing wedding gift
Suzann, Today at 3:29 PM

Hello All, I need some advice on what to do with a sticky situation. A couple who attended our wedding did not give a gift. It's now been almost three months after my wedding and I'm sending out my...

Suzann, 10 minutes ago 9 116 1
Leah
Small wedding dilemma
Leah, Yesterday at 1:25 PM

My Fiance and I want to have a small wedding originally I was thinking of no more than 50 but I work at a place with 15 other women. Ive only been working there since Aug of 21. we are a tight group...

Krista, 58 minutes ago 14 235
J
Sister of bride- bridal party anxiety
Julie, on July 7, 2017 at 6:54 PM

Hi! My sister got engaged in March of this year. We are only 2 years apart and have a pretty good relationship, although she lives far from me and we visit each other maybe once or twice a year. I was...

Laura, 6 hours ago 21 629
Geneva
Bride has no voice
Geneva, Yesterday at 9:15 PM

I (37F) am trying to plan a wedding with my fiancé (42M). I am 4 months pregnant and we have a shorter planning timeframe, with us ideally getting married in late Feb / early March. We initially went...

bevbabe, 8 hours ago 5 192
Kelly
Paying for Guests' Hotel Rooms?
Kelly, on January 17, 2022 at 11:10 AM

Are we supposed to pay for out of town guests' hotel rooms? I didn't think so but the Wedding Wire budget tool includes a line for it. I'd need to redesign my wedding if this is the case because hotel...

Kelly, 8 hours ago 8 161
FutureMrsG
Hotel block too expensive?
FutureMrsG, on June 23, 2016 at 8:23 PM

We're considering an absolutely beautiful venue about 2hr away from home. It has everything we could ever want and more. The only problem is that the hotel rooms on site are around $200 per...

Rebecca, Yesterday at 6:48 PM 33 1,484
Brooke
Eloping
Brooke, Yesterday at 8:30 AM

Alright so my fiancé approached me the other day and told me we should elope for a few different reasons (works,school, name change, insurance, etc.). This is the first time he’s ever brought up...

Brooke, Yesterday at 4:44 PM 11 195
Ashley
Wedding party proposals and gifts
Ashley, on January 17, 2022 at 12:42 PM

I am confused about this trend of bridesmaid proposals (do they do groomsmen proposals too?). Also, if you did that, do you still do a gift afterward? My bridal party is just family, so a proposal...

Nicolle, Yesterday at 2:42 PM 14 198
Keyra
Something blue /something borrowed
Keyra, on January 17, 2022 at 9:32 AM

So I am doing something new (my dress), something old (a bracelet), something borrowed (i need an idea), and something blue (a friend in a blue). My question is how do I incorporate my friend in the...

Keyra, Yesterday at 1:21 PM 7 96
Tiffany
Covid testing at wedding
Tiffany, on January 13, 2022 at 8:18 PM

I was hoping this new Omicron strain would die out, and I know I have a lot of time, but at this rate I think covid might still be a thing (even if its very small and not a big deal anymore). Out of...

Miriam, Yesterday at 1:05 PM 17 358
Jess
Bride is not offering vegetarian option for dinner
Jess, on January 17, 2022 at 10:09 AM

I am the maid of honor at my best friends wedding. We were going over the website and RVSP process when I noticed there was no veg option. Having been to a ton of weddings I assumed it was by request...

Melle, Yesterday at 11:48 AM 13 271
A
Maid of honour won't speak to me
Anonymous, on January 16, 2022 at 11:31 PM

Hello, my maid of honour is my younger sibling who I grew up very close to. They happily accepted being my maid of honour and were initially very excited. Our relationship has fallen apart in the last...

Anonymous, Jan 17, 2022 8 179
Brenda
Shower / meet and greet
Brenda, on January 16, 2022 at 9:47 PM

Our son is marrying a wonderful woman. They are both in their mid-thirties, never been married and are combining two homes. They truly need not to register. They are not registering anywhere. They...

Orianna, Jan 17, 2022 8 233
mrswinteriscoming
Is anyone else being incorrectly labelled a bridezilla over things that don’t even come close to it?
mrswinteriscoming, on December 5, 2021 at 6:45 PM

(I am going to preface this by saying that I don’t agree with the label ‘bridezilla’, and I think where a bride is being a bit unreasonable or out of line, it should be dealt with more delicately...

Kelly, Jan 17, 2022 22 458
P
Did anyone bring any children to your adult-only wedding?
Peach, on January 11, 2022 at 4:33 PM

I've listed on both my website and invitations addressed to those with children and grandchildren that we are having an adult-only wedding. Outer envelopes were addressed explicitly only to those...

Peach, Jan 17, 2022 7 196
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics