Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Cece
Destination Weddings (guest experiences)
Cece, Yesterday at 10:40 AM

Destination weddings tend to be more inconvenient and expensive for guests. Because of that, do you feel there should be more ”extras” provided for guests? If you were a guest at a destination wedding...

Amber, An hour ago 15 169
Malia
Accommodating varied budgets for hair and makeup?
Malia, on October 20, 2021 at 3:24 PM

Hey, y’all! I’m looking for a little advice! I’m currently looking for a hair and makeup artist for my wedding next summer, and I’d be willing to pay $250-300 for my bridal services, as I...

Sarah, Oct 21, 2021 10 187
Frankie
not inviting guests by circles.
Frankie, on October 17, 2021 at 10:41 AM

An etiquette states that if you're planning to invite one aunt/uncle, you should invite all of them, and so on with other "circles". However: my fiancé and I DON'T have an all-or-nothing approach on...

Kathryn, Oct 20, 2021 17 329
Angel
Invite co-workers?
Angel, Today at 12:16 PM

Ok weird question, is it weird to invite my co workers to my wedding? Let me give a bit of a background. I started my current job 6 months ago but have really hit it off with my team. Work has started...

Lo, 18 minutes ago 5 86
L
My parents are super controlling
Lissette, Today at 9:53 PM

So my fiancé, (25) and I(23) have been dating for 4 years and he asked me to marry him back in July. When I told my parents they went crazy. My dad started yelling at me like crazy and my mom went to...

Frankie, An hour ago 3 48
F
Officiant Incorrectly Filed Marriage License
Faheem, Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Hello everyone, My fiancée and I had a religious ceremony last Saturday, 10/23/21. In order to have the religious ceremony, we had to obtain a marriage license for the priest to sign. Our plan was to...

Linda, 4 hours ago 15 417 1
Nicole
Do i have to invite all of the aunts/uncles if…..
Nicole, on June 10, 2021 at 12:09 PM

My fiancé and I last minute decided on an October 2nd wedding. I’m trying to figure out the guest list & invites. We’ve been butting heads on one thing. Inviting the aunts & uncles. His &...

B L, 8 hours ago 11 302
Lauren
Is it rude to not invite some "family" members?
Lauren, on June 13, 2019 at 7:51 PM

I really want to have a wedding on the smaller side with our close friends/family members that we know love us/care about us. However, my mom believes it is "bad taste/looks bad" to not invite certain...

B L, 8 hours ago 16 545
L
My significant other hates weddings
Layla, Yesterday at 8:56 PM

He has horrible social anxiety and I’m realizing I’ll have to go to all future weddings without him. Is it weird for a woman to attend weddings without her husband? He goes to all smaller family...

Kristie, 10 hours ago 8 201
Haley
Mimosa Bridal Shower and going back on Invitations
Haley, Yesterday at 6:48 PM

Hi brides to be! Soo I made a huge cardinal mistake in that I addressed kids on the envelopes to the moms I invited to my bridal shower. My mom is planning the whole shower but asked me to send the...

Janet, 12 hours ago 6 142
Kelsy
Wedding Location
Kelsy, Yesterday at 8:07 PM

Hi!! So I need some advice. Both my fiancé’s family and my family live in the same state but are a good distance away from each other. We also live in the same state but we aren’t near our families....

Theresa, 13 hours ago 7 91
J
Should i go to a friends evening party, even though the only being left out
Jane, on October 20, 2021 at 8:08 AM

Hi A friend of mine is getting married in December. When I use to live near her and was single, I wasn’t a close friend of hers but we had the same circle of friends and go out together . I got...

Chloe, 18 hours ago 16 366
Jennifer
Second wedding
Jennifer, on October 23, 2021 at 10:16 AM

Looking for ideas for a second wedding. Some traditions are ok but I'd rather have a low key, less formal event. Any venue locations in jersey down the shore and ideas for planning are welcome 😊

Michelle, Yesterday at 5:41 PM 2 71
Rylie
Bridesmaid + her younger sister
Rylie, on October 22, 2021 at 11:31 PM

So my FH has 3 sister. His older 2 sisters are from his dads side and his 3rd oldest sister, we'll call her sister "A", is from his mom's side. Sister "A" is close with me and she is a bridesmaid in...

Jacks, Yesterday at 2:45 PM 9 158
B
Should i make her a bridesmaid?
bevbabe, on October 24, 2021 at 5:22 PM

One of my closest and longest friends and I are going through a difficult time right now. Basically, she is friends with someone who did something truly awful to me. She thinks that what they did was...

Jacks, Yesterday at 2:42 PM 6 187
Lauren
How much would you tip the venue that has a 15% Service Charge Fee
Lauren, on October 24, 2021 at 12:34 PM

How much would you tip your venue that has a 15% "Service Charge" fee which doesn't include gratuity? Would tipping 15-18% suffice? The service charge fee was over $1000... The venue is...

Cece, Yesterday at 8:12 AM 4 142
Caitlyn
Two last names non-hyphenated
Caitlyn , on June 23, 2019 at 11:38 AM

Hi all! Here are my questions: For those who have tacked your spouse’s last name onto yours and did not hyphenate, do you have any grievances doing so? Is signing your name daunting? Does explaining...

bevbabe, Oct 24, 2021 12 567
Diana
Should Bridesmaids attend the Bachelorette Party
Diana, on September 15, 2021 at 11:48 AM

Hi! My bachelorette party is in one month. My MOH has asked everyone for their availability and confirmed with my bridesmaids on the date and how the trip would be split between the bridal party. One...

Rylie, Oct 22, 2021 18 485
Rachel
Tipping vendors
Rachel, on October 22, 2021 at 9:51 AM

Hi y’all!! Looking for ladies who recently got married this year and how much they tipped for the following vendors and if you went off a percentage or something. Venue Coordinator Photographer...

Lynnie, Oct 22, 2021 2 121
Heavenly
Evening/night send off
Heavenly, on October 21, 2021 at 10:12 PM

I need help with send off ideas! At first, I didn’t want to do Sparklers, I wanted to do the fiber optic lights. Looking at it now, it MIGHT look weird? Any ideas would help!

Lynnie, Oct 22, 2021 4 86
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics