We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Jennifer
a Thursday wedding?
Jennifer, on June 3, 2020 at 2:01 PM

We are having a hard time picking a date because, let's face is, there is NO magical date. Having a lot of the weddings that were supposed to happen this year moved to next year, many wedding venues...

Rhiamae, 14 hours ago 25 497 1
A
Guests costs for Destination Wedding?
Alysha, on June 2, 2020 at 11:51 AM

My FH and I are planning a destination wedding in Cancun for April 2021 and I picked an all-inclusive resort based on service reviews, atmosphere, and the wedding package they provide. Our driver for...

Judith, Jun 4, 2020 20 309
Caila
Gifts!
Caila, Today at 11:22 AM

Hi all! What is everyone doing for groomsmen gifts for the wedding?? And what did some of your future husbands get their dads? I have decided on gifts for my bridesmaids, MOB, MOG, FOB, stepfather of...

Jana, 18 minutes ago 4 44
Chasity
Venue not understanding
Chasity, Today at 2:52 PM

So we postponed our May 24, 2020 wedding to Aug 7, 2020 thinking things would be a lot better. However, we’ve invited 150 guest and only have gotten 33 RSVPs back. Several of our guest are out of...

Melle, 36 minutes ago 1 42
S
Bridesmaids - tips for a large bridal party
Sara, on June 4, 2020 at 2:31 PM

Hi everyone, I am a first time poster. I am seeking advice for how to manage a large group of bridesmaids. I’ve decided I want to have 13. I have one sister, one step sister, and two future SILs. The...

Judith, 43 minutes ago 9 152
GINA
Vendor Help!
GINA, Today at 2:10 PM

Hi guys, So in the middle of planning my wedding- I booked a small business for my bridal shower. I was going to use their rentals for a selfie wallI gave her a $187 deposit No contract was...

Jasmine, An hour ago 9 38
Marissa
2Nd Invites
Marissa, Yesterday at 11:05 PM

Our original date was in March. We had to move it to the end of July. Should I resend invitations so that our guests don't forget? We've already told all of our guests about the new date but that was...

Judith, An hour ago 9 82
Neeva
When to send out change the dates
Neeva, Yesterday at 10:54 PM

Hey all! We postponed from April 11 to September 5th. we got word we can continue with our guest list and want to send out change the dates. I had already sent out save the dates and invitations and...

Leanne, 2 hours ago 7 97
Chelsea
How to announce minimony on social media
Chelsea, on May 30, 2020 at 11:46 PM

Hi everyone! Like lots of couples, we’ve postponed the big wedding we had planned for June. We are still getting married on our original date with our immediate family there. Any ideas for how to word...

Casey, 4 hours ago 6 139 1
Gwendolyn
Inviting "last minute" local friends, after pandemic made family not able to attend?
Gwendolyn, Yesterday at 5:19 PM

I debated if I should post this because I feel like this could be sort of sensitive. Anyways, because most of our friends and family live many states away and we initially wanted to elope, we kept our...

Gwendolyn, Yesterday at 8:31 PM 8 156
mrsrobinvalentine
Help me, I won; Bridal Registry?
mrsrobinvalentine, on March 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I received a call from Bridal Registry stated that I won a choice of one gift package. But I have to attend one of their Bridal Registry showrooms. Packages choices: Wedding bands (value $700)...

Kayla, Yesterday at 8:07 PM 44 22,230 1
Brianna
Engagement photos
Brianna, on June 4, 2020 at 2:52 PM

I get married august 2021 and we have been engaged for almost 2 years. I really want to get them done in a couple months. However I’m unsure if the time line for engagement photos. Please help

Tori, Yesterday at 4:58 PM 11 129
My bridesmaid refuses to let someone else do her make up.
, on February 9, 2020 at 4:09 AM

Ok so my wedding is coming up. Destination wedding! One of my friends in my wedding happens to be a make up artist. I asked her to do our make up because it’ll save me the expense of having to fly...

, Yesterday at 1:13 PM 233 6,325 3
M
Announcement About Rescheduling Wedding
Madelaine, on May 24, 2020 at 11:07 PM

Our daughter’s wedding was scheduled for September 2020 and now has been reschedule to 2021 due to COVID-19 and we need to notify our guests of the change. Anyone had to go through the same experience...

Madelaine, Yesterday at 12:58 PM 28 326
Tasha
Usher/greeter Proposal
Tasha, on May 25, 2020 at 8:16 PM

Hi, guys! So, I’m wondering how people have asked ushers/greeters/etc. to be a part of the wedding. Did you do a “proposal” like you would with your bridesmaids and groomsmen? Any ideas/suggestions...

Lisa, Yesterday at 12:04 PM 4 66
Madison
Do i ask fiancés brothers girlfriend to be in the wedding?
Madison, on May 30, 2020 at 12:01 PM

So my fiancé’s brother has been with his girlfriend now for over 6 months and I’ve grown to be closer to her and have really bonded with her when we see each other at get togethers and when we all...

Lisa, Yesterday at 11:41 AM 11 242
Katie
Bridal shower gift if already got a big wedding gift
Katie, on June 4, 2020 at 9:24 PM

Etiquette says to bring a gift to the shower, but what if you already bought a relatively big ticket item off their registry for the wedding that was already delivered? Do you also bring a small gift?...

Hanna, Yesterday at 10:41 AM 11 156
Natalia
Wearing a ring 24/7?
Natalia, on August 21, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Hello all! I’m not sure if this is the proper group for this discussion. However, I wanted to know if you ladies and/or gents wear your engagement rings all the time. Recently, I was made to feel bad,...

Jana, Yesterday at 12:19 AM 1,094 15,836 17
A
Unwanted jack and Jill
Amanda, on June 4, 2020 at 10:53 AM

I know the topic of jack and jills have been covered a lot, but I couldn’t find this specific question. My future mother in law is adamant about throwing a jack and Jill to raise money. My FH is all...

Amanda, Jun 4, 2020 13 281
Talia
Invitations- October 2020 brides
Talia, on May 26, 2020 at 10:23 AM

October brides, Did you guys order your invites yet? When do you plan to send them out? We're trying to figure that out now.

Taylor, Jun 4, 2020 22 435 2
Start a discussion