We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Jessica
Kids invitation etiquette
Jessica, on July 6, 2020 at 10:59 AM

Hi everyone! So I’m getting married Nov 2021 and I’m having an issue with guest list /how to word invitations for children. I know many people say kids are an “all or none” kind of thing but I’m...

Katie, Jul 10, 2020 41 598 2
Natalie
Good Etiquette vs Do what you want
Natalie, on July 9, 2020 at 1:01 PM

How do you balance the difference of good etiquette and "it's your day, do what you want". I'm still confused by that.

Tiger Bride, Jul 10, 2020 28 412
askdlfjsk
Canceling the bridal party?
askdlfjsk, Today at 8:32 PM

My wedding was supposed to take place July 4, 2020, but due to the pandemic and wanting to still have the party we had hoped for, we've postponed to July 2021. I had asked my bridesmaids last October...

Melle, 2 minutes ago 3 26
Allie
Can i invite my friends to a Bachelorette when I'm doing a 15-person family only wedding?
Allie, Today at 3:44 PM

As we all know, COVID is changing things. My fiancé and I have decided in an effort to lower the stress of our family and friends and to avoid rescheduling our wedding next July or October, we are...

Ashley, 4 minutes ago 7 71
Suzanne
Last Minute Cancellations
Suzanne, Yesterday at 10:10 PM

Has anyone else had people say they're not coming to the wedding after they RSVP'D that they'd be there? I let a rant out on Facebook and said how mad I was and rude that is to do that. Some of it is...

Katie, 6 minutes ago 19 387
Michelle
Do you need to list out children’s names on the envelope?
Michelle, Today at 7:49 PM

How do I address my aunt and uncle’s family on the envelope? They have four kids, all over 18. Three of them live with them but one may move on soon. I am close to two cousins. Their other brother, a...

Michelle, 31 minutes ago 6 31
Kelly
Bridesmaids trouble!!
Kelly, on July 7, 2020 at 6:23 PM

Okay, so I worked with a girl that has always been my work acquaintance however we became closer after I got engaged. I asked her to be a bridesmaid. She got a boyfriend and became a manager and we...

Kelly, 4 hours ago 15 246
R
Alteration Tip?
Risa, Today at 7:59 AM

Hey, Hope everyone is hanging in there! Just wondering what the etiquette is when it comes to dress fittings. My alterations are at the same place I got my dress (assuming that's standard). Do you tip...

Leanne, 5 hours ago 2 79
Kelsey
Am i crazy?
Kelsey, on July 10, 2020 at 4:13 PM

One of my bridesmaids passed away in October 2019 and we are getting married this October. Her husband is the best man who began dating a woman not even two months after her passing. This woman is...

Katie, 6 hours ago 20 397
Chelsea
Hand-written addresses Stds?
Chelsea, on July 10, 2020 at 8:33 PM

I know I've still got a while — I'm sending my save the dates out the first week of November. I thought this would work well so that I don't have to answer the "so when's the wedding?" question 100...

Chelsea, 7 hours ago 18 107 1
Yasmine
Is service charge a tip?
Yasmine, on July 1, 2020 at 5:44 PM

My venue is charging a 20% service charge for the venue/food/alcohol. The estimated service charge is about $1200. Would this be considered the tip for their services? I feel like it should be...

Yasmine, 9 hours ago 48 389 1
Mandy
NWR: My dog wants to eat my new kitten!!
Mandy, on August 15, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Help! I need advice, and if your going to comment 'get rid of one of them' don't waste your time. I just got a new kitten yesterday and this morning my english bulldog almost ate her! We introduced...

Jessica, 16 hours ago 46 16,995
Michelle
How to address invitation of divorced parents?
Michelle, on July 9, 2020 at 12:39 PM

My parents are together but fiancé’s parents are divorced and remarried. I really like the formal wording of “Mr. and Mrs. xxxx requests the honor of your presence at the marriage of their daughter...

Michelle, Yesterday at 9:50 PM 14 116
Kathryn
Asking the Guests to wear Black
Kathryn, on February 5, 2015 at 10:11 AM

I wanted to see what you all thought of this. I am not doing this but was suggested by my venue coordinator. We were talking about decor and possibly doing everything in shades of white. Then asking...

Brittany, Yesterday at 8:09 PM 90 4,088
Erica
Who to tip and how much
Erica, on July 10, 2020 at 1:27 PM

Intimate "minimony" this Sunday!!! Who are you tipping and how much? Vendors I'm using: Photographer (I've read optional if solo, i.e., not part of larger company) Videographer (same as photographer)...

Erica, Yesterday at 3:02 PM 6 104
Lacey
Short Cocktail hour- should we serve apps?
Lacey, Yesterday at 1:02 AM

Still in the planning process of our timeline for our day.... I'm planning on having a short ceremony (30-45 minutes), then leaving with the bridal party to take pictures. Since the ceremony and venue...

Pirate & 60s Bride, Yesterday at 11:13 AM 5 136
J
Thoughts on future sister-in-law’s dress
, on July 7, 2020 at 12:47 PM

So my fiancé and I had decided to do a small wedding party - only maid of honor and best man to avoid issues of who gets to part of the wedding or not. His older sister has mixed opinions of me...

MOB So Cal, Jul 10, 2020 24 386
Edith
Wedding update via facebook?
Edith, on July 10, 2020 at 3:07 PM

Hello brides, I am planning on sending my invites later this month for my wedding in October. However, with everything that is going on it is hard to say if it will actually happen. We have already...

Ashley, Jul 10, 2020 7 95
JJ12
Wording for wedding invitations w/ covid implications
JJ12, on July 8, 2020 at 4:45 PM

Our wedding is October 31st in Puerto Vallarta this year. We are coming up to the time where we need to make a postponement decision. Three weeks ago I would have been very confident saying it's...

Lynnie, Jul 10, 2020 2 82
J
Parents Refuse to Wear Masks at Wedding
Jessica, on July 10, 2020 at 11:05 AM

My FH and I are getting married in two months, and we live in a state where covid-19 is rapidly increasing. Because we have an outdoor venue and our guest count is <25% capacity and events of such...

Kimberly, Jul 10, 2020 28 458
Start a discussion