Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Abbey
Significant Others when planning Guest Lists
Abbey, Yesterday at 12:37 PM

Hello everyone! During these hard times, I'm currently working from home (for the time being), and using my extra quarantine time to start putting addresses together for our wedding next year! We're...

Adwoa, 8 hours ago 17 230
Cathy
Asking to be in bridal party via text??
Cathy, Yesterday at 12:13 PM

Hey guys! So I'm getting married March 27, 2021. I'm planning to ask one of my friends to be a bridesmaid, but with all the COVID-19 things happening, I havent asked her to be my bridesmaid "properly"...

Judith, 12 hours ago 14 196
Mandi
No rsvp Response... no longer invited.
Mandi, on March 20, 2020 at 7:20 PM

So anyone else have guests who didn't RSVP and then ignore your attempts to get ahold of them? Anybody else decide to kick those people off their guest list for their rescheduled wedding? My theory is...

Mandi, 11 minutes ago 16 304
M
Tattoos
Makayla, Yesterday at 7:08 PM

My family is conservative and I am getting married in a Catholic Church. Is it rude to ask someone to cover their tattoos?

Vicky, 17 minutes ago 30 411
H
Is it tacky to send out save the date right now?
Heathart, Today at 5:48 PM

Covid19 is taking over our lives. My fiancé and I live in NYC, many folks we know are directly tragically affected. We are debating whether we should wait on sending our save the date mailing now...

Stacey, An hour ago 8 131
Rita
Polling: How to Include FSILs
Rita, Today at 9:07 PM

Hi! Need opinions! Just picked my wedding party of a total of whooping 9! 3 sisters, 3 childhood best friends and 3 college best friends. My fiancé has 2 sisters I didn’t include but wanted to get...

Makayla, An hour ago 6 62
L
Do i have to invite my fmil and fsil to get their hair and makeup done with me and my bridesmaids?
Leah421, on March 6, 2020 at 12:14 PM

For the day of the wedding I'm having a hair and makeup artist come to the venue for me, my mom, my bridesmaids and possibly my grandma if she's interested. I don't particularly want to invite my FMIL...

Angel, 4 hours ago 11 180
Olivia
Bridesmaid issue....
Olivia, on March 9, 2020 at 2:09 PM

So I’m getting married October 3rd... a few weeks ago I had a bridesmaid ask me “so how much money is thing thing gonna cost me?” Before I could even talk to her.... then she told me again before I...

Angel, 5 hours ago 19 321
M
Having an acquaintance sing at our wedding
Marissa, Today at 3:31 AM

So there is a friend of mine I’ve known since Elementary school who has an absolutely stunning voice. Over the years I’ve helped do photography when she was trying to build her career and she does...

Sabrina, 5 hours ago 3 44
Navpreetgill
My cousin keeps asking me details about my wedding events & saying “oh, it’ll be so much fun, i mean if you invite me to your bachelorette party”
Navpreetgill, on March 15, 2020 at 1:41 AM

My cousin and I used to be basically best friends growing up but over the last 5-6 years I began distancing myself from her, drastically. She would always cast this negative energy anytime I was in a...

Angel, 5 hours ago 4 168
Sarah
How to politely say no??
Sarah, on March 20, 2020 at 8:30 PM

My bridesmaid (who by god I love to death, but doesn't have quite the same tastes as I do), just offered to make me either a bracelet or an anklet to wear on my wedding day. She said she doesn't want...

Angel, 5 hours ago 10 240
Marlene
Difficult moh
Marlene, on March 9, 2020 at 8:23 AM

I'm having a hard time with my MOH. She is my college roommate and she has a very difficult work schedule and lives in a different state. I know I made the wrong choice asking her to be MOH. Things...

Angel, 5 hours ago 12 291
S
Bridesmaids
S & W, on February 14, 2020 at 8:19 PM

I asked a friend of my FH to be my bridesmaid, I don’t have many girlfriends I’m close with and she’s like a sister to him. She has never answered me but he said she told him yes. I’d personally like...

Angel, 5 hours ago 8 182
Arlo
Family Drama
Arlo, Today at 12:57 PM

Hello everyone, I am looking for advice on if my brother should get an invitation to my wedding. This topic is very upsetting for my family, mostly my mother who happens to be paying for the wedding...

Heidi, 8 hours ago 6 168
Darci
Bridesmaids or nah??
Darci, on March 27, 2020 at 1:09 PM

Hi all! I need some advice. So I don't particularly have any close friends/family I want on my side. My fiance, however, does. I don't want to have him have no one, but I also don't want to force...

Judith, 8 hours ago 11 125
Hannah-Ireland
Bridesmaids struggle
Hannah-Ireland, Today at 2:00 AM

I’m seeking advice. I’m supposed to have bridesmaids but I don’t have ANY friends to ask. There will be at least 5 groomsmen and as of right now 0 bridesmaids and no MOH. I don’t know what to do and...

Maggie, 11 hours ago 10 150
Spring Bride
How should i tell people the wedding is canceled?
Spring Bride, Today at 8:12 AM

Hi everyone, I just canceled my May 2nd wedding. The venue has no Saturday or Friday nights the rest of the year. We don’t have another date and don’t know what we’re going to do. FMIL is saying we...

Judith, 13 hours ago 8 186
Together
Have to post pone due to corona virus 😢
Together, Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Our venue just called for our May 23 wedding and we need to postpone due to corona virus 😢 anyone have any funny (try to make light of the situation) ideas on announcements for this type of...

Laurie, 13 hours ago 5 139
T
Coronavirus and Save the Date
Trinity, on March 17, 2020 at 9:30 AM

We are getting married in October of this year, Idk if I should send Save the Date out or not with everything that's going on with the coronavirus. I know it's recommended to send between 6-9 months...

Trinity, 15 hours ago 11 185
Jill
Destination Wedding Etiquette
Jill, Yesterday at 7:16 PM

We are planning to have a Destination Wedding in Costa Rica because we want to have an intimate gathering of our favorite people (about 50 made the cut). We have lots of family and friends from our...

Ingrid, 23 hours ago 6 121
Start a discussion
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics