You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our related wedding FAQs.

Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Whitney
Online Invitations, Tacky or Forward Thinking?
Whitney, on April 4, 2020 at 8:27 PM

My Fiance and I are thinking about doing online virtual save the dates, invitations, and RSVPs for our destinatio wedding. We are both eco-conscious and are having a hard time sending out so many...

Judith, 3 hours ago 11 235
Ashley
Would you go?
Ashley, on April 3, 2020 at 8:17 AM

Hey ladies! I just want some opinions. Would you go to a reception only (next year) if you weren't invited to the ceremony (in June) because of this virus?! FH doesn't think people would come. I just...

Suzann, Yesterday at 9:49 PM 80 1,456
Niki
Sunday Weddings - Start Time?
Niki, on April 3, 2020 at 9:56 AM

If you’re getting married on a Sunday, what time does the wedding start? We had to push our wedding date back to Sunday, August 23rd. I’m struggling with choosing a start time. I love the idea of a 2...

Megan, Yesterday at 8:59 PM 86 887
Trisha
Bridal Party/parent Gifts?
Trisha, Today at 9:13 AM

Am I The Only One Not Planning On Giving Gifts To My Bridal Party Or Parents? I Really See No Point In It Other Then To Just Be Nice. Me And FH Are Paying For Everything So I Don't See The Point Of...

Erica, 2 minutes ago 6 75
Lynnie
Are you inviting exes?
Lynnie, on September 3, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Are there any old exes you've remained friends with who made it on the guest list? Next Question: Are you inviting everyone who asks? Back to the Beginning: Who made the cut?

K.J., 46 minutes ago 103 791
Hannah
Non-traditional guests
Hannah, Today at 10:28 AM

Ok so heres my question, I have children from a previous relationship and my kids asked me if I was gonna invite their nan (their dads mom) to the wedding. It's not that I have a issue with her,...

Caytlyn, An hour ago 3 60 1
Together
Have to post pone due to corona virus 😢
Together, on March 30, 2020 at 11:53 PM

Our venue just called for our May 23 wedding and we need to postpone due to corona virus 😢 anyone have any funny (try to make light of the situation) ideas on announcements for this type of...

Amy, An hour ago 6 174
S
Inviting Coworkers
Stephanie, on January 18, 2020 at 10:02 PM

I am an ABA Therapist in a classroom and there are about 15 of us total in the classroom. I get along great with all of my coworkers. I wanted advice on if I should just invite them all or only invite...

Judith, 2 hours ago 9 137
Cathy
Significant others in bridal party
Cathy, on April 5, 2020 at 1:05 AM

Hey! Do you think its rude to not include a husband or wife as a groomsman/bridesmaid if their spouse is in the wedding? For example my fiance wants one of his friends as a groomsman, but although my...

Judith, 3 hours ago 14 199 1
Evelyn
Cancelling Wedding: Receiving Deposits Back?
Evelyn, on April 3, 2020 at 12:50 AM

Is anyone having a difficult time getting your deposit back due to Covid-19? I had to cancel the wedding for May 23 2020 due to this crisis.... how are you brides handle this? One of my vendor doesnt...

Michael, 3 hours ago 5 238
A
Not chosen to be bridesmaid...feelings hurt
Alice, on October 23, 2019 at 2:39 PM

Hello all, I just wanted to get advice on a situation! I am not the sort of person to usually be upset about this sort of thing or create any drama but I can't help but feeling hurt by this situation....

Sarah, 4 hours ago 13 535
A
Brides-postponed Wedding
Arlene, Yesterday at 10:11 AM

We postponed our April wedding to November 30 days before our wedding date. Fortunately, the only things that we had with our April date were our guest book and koozies. I’m really upset about having...

Judith, 10 hours ago 8 150
H
Honorary Bridesmaid Sister??
Hannah, Yesterday at 12:32 AM

FH and I are having a destination wedding next summer with about 60-70 guests. We decided that we did not want a bridal party at all to have less stress over the whole thing, and instead we would just...

Judith, 10 hours ago 6 120
Ashley
How Soon ??
Ashley, on March 28, 2020 at 11:11 AM

How soon should you send out save the dates ?

Ashley, Yesterday at 9:29 PM 5 49
K.J.
Are Wedding Guest Books a "new" Thing?
K.J., Yesterday at 9:49 AM

Just curious. I've been googling it and I can't find any real history on the use of them. What's the earliest you can remember seeing one? The reason I ask is yesterday I was talking to my parents...

Judith, Yesterday at 8:50 PM 17 148
A
Invite wording with virtual Rsvp, no +1s
Ashley, on April 5, 2020 at 3:37 AM

Hi, all! I was wondering how you’d go about wording your invitations if you were doing things this way: We aren’t including plus ones for single guests, and we need to make that clear in our invites....

Molly, Yesterday at 12:25 PM 3 127
Abbey
Significant Others when planning Guest Lists
Abbey, on March 30, 2020 at 12:37 PM

Hello everyone! During these hard times, I'm currently working from home (for the time being), and using my extra quarantine time to start putting addresses together for our wedding next year! We're...

Samantha, Yesterday at 9:49 AM 20 291
K
Bridal Party help!!!
Krystyna, on April 2, 2020 at 7:01 AM

Hey ladies, I hope everyone is well and staying safe during this crazy time. So I recently became engaged, March 7th, and I know it is super early to start planning but I am super excited!! I am...

Krystyna, Yesterday at 7:12 AM 17 165
Gen
Really don’t want to share a hotel room with a friend...
Gen, on September 29, 2018 at 10:52 AM

So FH and I are attending a wedding in about a month, about 3-4 hours from where we live. The wedding is a Saturday at noon, so we were going to drive down Friday after work, stay over in a hotel, and...

Badrul, Apr 5, 2020 34 1,809
Elle
My theme is not something my mother wants *RANT/VENT*
Elle, on July 9, 2014 at 8:52 AM

A couple of you know, and I'm tired of being vague. I'm having a Dr Who wedding. My mother has not been pleased with this decision since the beginning. Though my mother is the kind of person that...

Bae, Apr 5, 2020 23 113
Start a discussion
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics