We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
E
Do i re-invite all the no responses?
Erica, on January 17, 2021 at 3:27 PM

My wedding like many other brides has been postponed due to Covid. I had people that explained why they responded no to our original wedding, Some just flat out said no. My dilemma is should I...

Dj Tanner, Yesterday at 4:27 PM 14 214
D
Wedding favors
Debbie, Today at 9:06 PM

Mother of the bride here... I have a question for you. What are your thoughts on wedding favors? Personally, I hate them. I think they are a huge waste of money. I've gotten them at weddings and TBH I...

Judith, 37 minutes ago 17 106
Felicia
Thoughts on wearing a fake / decoy engagement ring?
Felicia, Today at 7:23 PM

Dilemma: my engagement ring a 1/4 size too big. during the winter because my fingers shrink so the ring is a little on the loose side and while I know “ring snuggies” are an option I’m not a super...

Andrea, 54 minutes ago 12 132
M
Alternate role for bridesmaid
Melissa, Today at 8:42 PM

How would you tell/ask a friend who pre-covid would have been asked to be a bridesmaid (probably even the maid of honor) that you would like them to be a reader instead of being in the bridal party?...

Shirley, An hour ago 3 54
Kelly
Military Bride
Kelly, Today at 6:28 PM

My daughter is getting married in May 2021. My daughter's fiance is in the Navy and is stationed in Hawaii. She will be moving there the end of March so they will both be flying back here for the...

Cassidy, 4 hours ago 5 67
Jules
Awkward invite situation.. guest inviting themselves
Jules, on January 4, 2021 at 10:23 PM

I was sent this message last month by a bartender at a bar that I was a regular at 10 years ago. We have stayed “friends” on Facebook but we never talk and I do not have her phone number and we...

Megan, 6 hours ago 28 1,007
Emily
covid Postponement #4... Stick with it or cancel?
Emily, on January 12, 2021 at 8:40 PM

I need some advice, from one COVID bride to others! I am the truest definition of a COVID bride. Our original wedding was scheduled for March 22nd (the week COVID hit in the US). We had to postpone...

Megan, 7 hours ago 24 533
Y
Planning wedding around toddler schedule?
Yvonne, Today at 9:56 AM

Hi! So I'm getting married 5/22/22 and my son will be 19 months old. I want him to be a part of the wedding somehow and was hoping to have him come down the aisle with my daughter who will be 7. I...

Yvonne, 8 hours ago 9 94
J
Photographer Issues- so frustrated
Jessica, Yesterday at 2:15 PM

Hey Ladies! I need to vent! I was married on the 19th of last month. I chose a photographer that was the wife of an attorney I work with. I'd met her in person and she'd done our engagement photos and...

Michelle, 8 hours ago 12 233
Lesia
Tipping
Lesia, on January 17, 2021 at 1:19 AM

We are providing beer and wine for our wedding, but the venue requires us to use their bartender. The $200 comes out of our deposit. What should we tip in this situation?

Loryn, 10 hours ago 5 128
Taylor
Elopements & Bridal Showers
Taylor, on January 15, 2020 at 11:17 PM

I got engaged in December and have always dreamed of “eloping” on a mountain that is just a couple of hours from my house. If we did this, both of our parents, siblings and grandparents will be there...

Victoria, 11 hours ago 9 150
Kayla
When to Begin Uninviting Guests (covid)
Kayla, Yesterday at 1:33 PM

My FH and I sent save the dates out to 101 guests at the end of October when we were more optimistic about the future state of things. Our wedding is June 12th in Massachusetts, where guest counts are...

Brigitte, 13 hours ago 6 171
Cameron
Save The Date 2022 Wedding
Cameron, Yesterday at 10:21 AM

Hiii Everyone! I am getting married in March 2022. I am thinking about sending the Save the Dates in March 2021 because restrictions will start to lift & I want to give people enough notice. Is...

Cameron, 15 hours ago 9 94
KB
Elopement and children advice needed
KB, on January 19, 2018 at 3:32 PM

Hello all! This is my first post, yay. FH and I are planning on 'eloping' with a weddingmoon. Our eloping is not a secret; we are being very open about our plans. We are doing this for many reason...

Sarah, 22 hours ago 23 4,274
K
Wrong date on gift for fiancé
Kelli, on January 14, 2021 at 8:25 PM

I ordered a engraved watch for my fiancé with our original wedding date on the back of it. We, unfortunately, had to change our wedding date due to COVID. Now the watch has the wrong wedding date, and...

Vicky, Yesterday at 5:50 PM 7 109
Brianna
Specifying Dress Code=tacky and rude?
Brianna, on January 13, 2021 at 7:30 PM

We have plenty of time to plan, so I'm taking my time to weigh my options with everything. However, I'm so torn on this. We're having an upscale wedding, I think our guests can tell that just by...

Victoria, Yesterday at 4:04 PM 88 1,545
E
Covid “uninvitation”
Emily, Yesterday at 1:02 AM

Hey everyone! Just looking for some advice on the wording of my “uninvitation.” For background, I was originally suppose to be married in July of 2020 with a guest list of 200 and we postponed until...

Biaani, Yesterday at 11:41 AM 6 149 1
Lauren
Am i being too impatient?
Lauren, on January 18, 2021 at 2:06 PM

Hi lovely’s!!! I hired a photographer and she is very wonderful and pleasant. We had our engagement shoot on 1/8/21. It went great! The photographer said the turn around time was about a month, but...

Shelly, Yesterday at 8:01 AM 7 168
Mrs.Briggs2Be
Step siblings
Mrs.Briggs2Be, on September 18, 2016 at 12:02 PM

This might get a bit confusing sorry in advance! So my Barents are divorced and both remarried my dad has been remarried for 12 years and I consider my step moms kids as my siblings (her youngest was...

Natalie, Yesterday at 7:10 AM 13 928
Natalia
Wearing a ring 24/7?
Natalia, on August 21, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Hello all! I’m not sure if this is the proper group for this discussion. However, I wanted to know if you ladies and/or gents wear your engagement rings all the time. Recently, I was made to feel bad,...

Ty, Jan 18, 2021 1,141 17,612 17
Start a discussion