We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
sophie
Why so much drama about "duties?"
sophie, on September 28, 2020 at 7:51 PM

I'm starting this post by saying that I absolutely am not looking for a fight or to cause drama. Just sharing something I've noticed. In the amount of time I've spent scrolling through these forums,...

Michelle, 7 hours ago 23 370
Jehnna
Maid of Honor wants a plus one.
Jehnna, on September 27, 2020 at 7:27 PM

My maid of honor wants to bring a plus one to my wedding. They are both out of town guests. She will be with the wedding party the whole weekend and won't get to see him until after her toast at the...

Taelor, 16 hours ago 49 933
Future Mrs.tidwell 💍
What do my Bridesmaids buy?
Future Mrs.tidwell 💍, Yesterday at 5:30 AM

I would love to go above and beyond for all my bridesmaids however, I can’t afford to buy everything I want them to have. My plan is to gift them the jewelry they need and some drinking flutes, little...

Lynne, Yesterday at 10:53 PM 31 482
mrswinteriscoming
Not inviting people to postponed wedding who knew about initial wedding plans
mrswinteriscoming, Today at 7:14 PM

We postponed our December 2020 wedding to December 2021. There are some people who knew they would be invited to our wedding who we don’t think we will end up inviting now that we have postponed (i.e....

Kia, 2 minutes ago 2 6
Desiree
Groom to be doesn’t like my best friend
Desiree, Yesterday at 7:00 PM

Hi I’m in another dilemma which has caused me to avoid my friend like the plague. My soon to be husband doesn’t like my good friend. They haven’t spoke in years and he can’t forget her hurting him....

Marisa, 14 minutes ago 11 243
Amanda
Bridesmaid gift alternatives
Amanda, Today at 1:57 PM

Hi! I am wondering if anyone got their bridesmaids anything cute besides robes for the wedding day? I have been in a lot of weddings recently, and I love the robes, but I would like to see if there...

Margaret, An hour ago 9 94
Tori
Ghosted by wedding planner
Tori, Today at 12:37 PM

Hey Everyone! I hired my day-of-wedding coordinator back in April and my wedding is in December 2021(My venue recommenced her to use for our wedding). We exchanged some emails and the last I heard...

Veronica, 4 hours ago 10 123
T
Dropping a bridesmaid
T, Yesterday at 5:43 PM

So I need advice. My cousin is one of my bridesmaids, for how much longer i don’t know. She’s been difficult since I bought my dress in august. It started with not wanting to spend said amount on a...

Vicky, 4 hours ago 9 235
LukiLauren
Newlynamed Box
LukiLauren, on September 28, 2020 at 12:43 PM

Hello Everyone! I heard of a box that helps you change your last name called newly Named and I wanted to know if anyone has any good or bad comments or reviews? With COVID, trying to get in anywhere...

LukiLauren, 4 hours ago 6 68
Amanda
No Politics Please
Amanda, on October 24, 2018 at 5:12 PM

How can one kindly make it clear that there should be no political discussions whatsoever at the reception? Should it be in the website or the invitations? How can one word that?

Michele, 5 hours ago 22 662
Madelin
Would it be rude to invite people not initially on the guest list?
Madelin, Today at 12:54 PM

So my fiance and I started our guest list last year. The plan was to invite 100 people. We are introverts and don't have many friends, so with his family, most of our church family, and some of my...

Madelin, 5 hours ago 11 115
Daisey
Thoughts on online Rsvps??
Daisey, Yesterday at 9:25 PM

We are considering doing online RSVP through our wedding website to cut down on costs for stationery (additional envelopes and stamps, etc). I just wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts with online...

MOB So Cal, 6 hours ago 14 113
Trisha
Reserved Seating
Trisha, Today at 7:56 AM

Is Reserved Ceremony Row Seating Necessary? I Cant Figure Out How To Create My DIY Reserved Signs But Am Just Thinking Of Not Doing Them At All.

Kia, 6 hours ago 13 112
Tina
Destination Wedding Etiquette
Tina, Today at 2:51 AM

Hi all! I just hopped on the engaged bandwagon August 1st and am looking for some advice! We decided on a destination wedding to Mexico on August 7th 2021. My parents insisted on something stateside...

Emily, 7 hours ago 8 146
brieliz
Grandma as flower girl?
brieliz, on July 6, 2016 at 11:18 AM

I've seen here and there on idea posts of making grandma flower girl...I was wondering if anyone here has done that or went to a wedding that did that? Was grandma happy to do it/how did it go? I'm...

Sierra, 8 hours ago 24 1,222
Desiree
Inviting non married significant others
Desiree, Yesterday at 6:56 PM

I’m in a dilemma. I have 3 sisters which live with a domestic partner but not married. I want My wedding to be only 20 people. With that being said how do I effectively tell my sisters that there only...

Yvonne, 8 hours ago 11 243
Heidi
Second Time Around
Heidi, on September 17, 2020 at 7:13 PM

I am getting remarried at 48 years old. Anyone else in the same boat? Any suggestions or ideas to help with our planning? We are right at the beginning of the process.

Heidi, 8 hours ago 9 122
Suzanne
Last Minute Cancellations
Suzanne, on July 11, 2020 at 10:10 PM

Has anyone else had people say they're not coming to the wedding after they RSVP'D that they'd be there? I let a rant out on Facebook and said how mad I was and rude that is to do that. Some of it is...

Kristin, Yesterday at 9:18 PM 31 719
Brittany
Forgot to send thank yous!!
Brittany, on September 11, 2020 at 12:08 AM

Crap you guys, it just occurred to me we never sent thank you notes out after my shower!! It was 2 months ago. I feel terrible. It’s not too late right? The wedding is in 2 weeks :/

Katie, Yesterday at 4:05 PM 22 253
H
How to tell a grandmother she is not invited?
Hannah, on September 28, 2020 at 6:11 PM

Hello, to be clear, I can't stand my grandmother. Every time you do something meant nice, she's making bad comments, every time we meet, she's criticising something and on the other hand she's...

Hannah, Yesterday at 3:46 PM 13 225 1
Start a discussion