We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Jessica
Kids invitation etiquette
Jessica, on July 6, 2020 at 10:59 AM

Hi everyone! So I’m getting married Nov 2021 and I’m having an issue with guest list /how to word invitations for children. I know many people say kids are an “all or none” kind of thing but I’m...

Katie, Yesterday at 7:40 PM 41 575 2
Natalie
Good Etiquette vs Do what you want
Natalie, on July 9, 2020 at 1:01 PM

How do you balance the difference of good etiquette and "it's your day, do what you want". I'm still confused by that.

Tiger Bride, Yesterday at 1:05 PM 28 362
Lacey
Short Cocktail hour- should we serve apps?
Lacey, Today at 1:02 AM

Still in the planning process of our timeline for our day.... I'm planning on having a short ceremony (30-45 minutes), then leaving with the bridal party to take pictures. Since the ceremony and venue...

Hannah, 4 hours ago 3 32
Kelsey
Am i crazy?
Kelsey, Yesterday at 4:13 PM

One of my bridesmaids passed away in October 2019 and we are getting married this October. Her husband is the best man who began dating a woman not even two months after her passing. This woman is...

Kristen, 6 hours ago 12 260
Chelsea
Hand-written addresses Stds?
Chelsea, Yesterday at 8:33 PM

I know I've still got a while — I'm sending my save the dates out the first week of November. I thought this would work well so that I don't have to answer the "so when's the wedding?" question 100...

Ashley, Yesterday at 11:45 PM 10 65 1
J
Thoughts on future sister-in-law’s dress
, on July 7, 2020 at 12:47 PM

So my fiancé and I had decided to do a small wedding party - only maid of honor and best man to avoid issues of who gets to part of the wedding or not. His older sister has mixed opinions of me...

MOB So Cal, Yesterday at 9:21 PM 24 365
Edith
Wedding update via facebook?
Edith, Yesterday at 3:07 PM

Hello brides, I am planning on sending my invites later this month for my wedding in October. However, with everything that is going on it is hard to say if it will actually happen. We have already...

Ashley, Yesterday at 6:42 PM 7 80
JJ12
Wording for wedding invitations w/ covid implications
JJ12, on July 8, 2020 at 4:45 PM

Our wedding is October 31st in Puerto Vallarta this year. We are coming up to the time where we need to make a postponement decision. Three weeks ago I would have been very confident saying it's...

Lynnie, Yesterday at 5:05 PM 2 76
J
Parents Refuse to Wear Masks at Wedding
Jessica, Yesterday at 11:05 AM

My FH and I are getting married in two months, and we live in a state where covid-19 is rapidly increasing. Because we have an outdoor venue and our guest count is <25% capacity and events of such...

Kimberly, Yesterday at 5:05 PM 28 398
Erica
Who to tip and how much
Erica, Yesterday at 1:27 PM

Intimate "minimony" this Sunday!!! Who are you tipping and how much? Vendors I'm using: Photographer (I've read optional if solo, i.e., not part of larger company) Videographer (same as photographer)...

Lynnie, Yesterday at 4:38 PM 5 81
Bree
Plus ones
Bree, on July 9, 2020 at 4:31 PM

Should everyone get a plus one even if they are single and not dating anyone or married to a registered sex offender but you two have been friends for years... My cousin is determined he should get a...

Angel, Yesterday at 2:03 PM 25 291 1
Courtney
Bouquet
Courtney, Yesterday at 11:31 AM

Hi I’m looking for advice on bouquet I’ve contacted a few florist and told them what I was looking for for me I loved the cascading bouquet wondering if anyone has had one Most florist loved the idea...

Meghan, Yesterday at 1:08 PM 4 72
D
Bridal party assumptions
Danielle, Yesterday at 1:59 AM

So I’m in the process of giving bridal party proposal boxes. Basically, my FH has a long time best friend of like 5 years that he asked to be a groomsmen. The groomsmen has a fiancée who just messaged...

Melle, Yesterday at 11:27 AM 12 180
Harmony
Turning invitations into postponement/new date announcement?
Harmony, on July 9, 2020 at 9:54 PM

Hello, all! So here's the deal - I ordered my invitations and then the very next day, Arizona set a new order for no events larger than 50 people "until the end of July" But that's only giving my...

Marisa, Yesterday at 10:19 AM 14 109
Julie
Destination wedding - what do we do about kids?
Julie, on July 9, 2020 at 5:43 PM

I am getting married in Florida next March, and it will be a destination wedding for about 2/3 of our guests (many coming from New England). We want to encourage people to make it a vacation weekend...

Sexypoodle, Yesterday at 6:09 AM 5 110
Kathryn
Asking the Guests to wear Black
Kathryn, on February 5, 2015 at 10:11 AM

I wanted to see what you all thought of this. I am not doing this but was suggested by my venue coordinator. We were talking about decor and possibly doing everything in shades of white. Then asking...

Vicky, Yesterday at 3:22 AM 88 4,061
Kaylex
Bridesmaids Paying for Dresses?
Kaylex, on March 5, 2020 at 9:48 AM

I'm going back and forth on whether or not I should have the bridesmaids pay for their dresses. Of course if everything else wasn't so expensive, I would have no problem paying for them. But that is...

Bridget, Jul 9, 2020 67 947 4
S
Fiancé Gifts
Sydney, on July 7, 2020 at 8:27 PM

So what does everyone typically do for a day of gift for your fiances? Does everyone do them? Is there a traditional gift or kind of gift?

Kelly, Jul 9, 2020 16 186
Michelle
How to address invitation of divorced parents?
Michelle, on July 9, 2020 at 12:39 PM

My parents are together but fiancé’s parents are divorced and remarried. I really like the formal wording of “Mr. and Mrs. xxxx requests the honor of your presence at the marriage of their daughter...

Cassidy, Jul 9, 2020 11 102
Kelly
Bridesmaids trouble!!
Kelly, on July 7, 2020 at 6:23 PM

Okay, so I worked with a girl that has always been my work acquaintance however we became closer after I got engaged. I asked her to be a bridesmaid. She got a boyfriend and became a manager and we...

Kelly, Jul 9, 2020 10 214
Start a discussion