Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
L
Childless Wedding
Lakisha, on July 25, 2021 at 1:16 AM

Hello Brides. Is anyone considering a childless wedding? I’m seriously considering it simply because my wedding is on New Years Day, so there will be plenty of alcohol and I’m having a plated dinner.

Theresa, Yesterday at 10:42 PM 25 304
Elena
Welcome bag or no welcome bag??
Elena, on July 27, 2021 at 5:28 PM

Do I need to do welcome bags for my hotel guests? I’m a bride on a budget and really wondering if I can skip this… but I obviously don’t want to slight my guests!

Katie, Yesterday at 4:59 PM 13 168
Madeline
Rehearsal Dinner Help
Madeline, on July 24, 2021 at 1:14 PM

So about 70-80% of our guests are from out of town. My fiance's parents are generously paying for the dinner, which we are so grateful for, but they want to know how many people to expect and what we...

Lila, Jul 27, 2021 22 729 1
L
Https://xtrm-life-keto-68.webselfsite.net/
LillianMuniz, Today at 3:04 AM

So it's miles endorsed desire to carbohydrates to make sure that body begins solved the use of fat burning gas. includes 60 tablets similarly to you require to consume tablets a day preceding for your...

LillianMuniz, An hour ago 2
B
Social media makes it hard
Bride2Be, Yesterday at 7:35 PM

Does anyone else feel like being on social media makes it hard to distinguish who you should invite? Like just because we are friends on Facebook and we like each other’s posts, does that warrant an...

Michelle, 3 hours ago 16 129
A
Confusion about in-law's contribution towards wedding expenses
Amanda, on May 27, 2021 at 1:50 PM

In a conversation we had before starting wedding planning, my fiancé and I told my in-laws that we do not expect any help paying for our wedding, but wanted to know if they were planning on...

Katy, Yesterday at 10:37 PM 11 317
LrNs
Uneven wedding party, so only some standing?
LrNs, Yesterday at 3:43 PM

My fiance wants his best friend to be his best man but doesn't want any other groomsmen. I am choosing my best friend as my MOH but also want my sisters to be bridesmaids. However, to keep it even...

Sarah, Yesterday at 8:42 PM 5 84
Aspen
Photos Missed! Help
Aspen, Yesterday at 3:42 PM

Hello! So I’m in a bit of a pickle. I got married just over two weeks ago. Yay!! We just got back from our honeymoon, and my mom said she was waiting until we were back to bring this up, but, the...

Jacks, Yesterday at 7:05 PM 6 134
Lisa
What to do with Rsvp's?
Lisa, Yesterday at 2:23 PM

Since we are starting to get our RSVPs back in the mail, I'm wondering what to do with the cards. Toss them once I log their response or hold on to them until after the wedding? Can't think of any...

Lisa, Yesterday at 4:08 PM 10 105
JJAF
Flower girl makeup?
JJAF, on February 22, 2018 at 2:52 PM

Is anyone paying for hair and makeup for their flower girls? In my opinion I think makeup on flower girls looks weird ... maybe because they’re still young

Jacks, Yesterday at 2:50 PM 27 1,759
Ciara
Gifts for parents of bride and groom
Ciara, Yesterday at 12:58 PM

I’ve been reading online that usually the bride and groom get gifts for their parents and gift them at the rehearsal dinner or morning of the wedding. I have asked around and no one has done this so...

Michelle, Yesterday at 2:04 PM 7 63
L
How to cancel makeup/hair artist
Lindsay, Yesterday at 2:10 AM

I decided to cancel with my current makeup/hair artists after a trial that wasn't what I wanted (instead of feeling beautiful I was disappointed and couldn't wait to take the hair down and makeup...

Theresa, Yesterday at 12:05 PM 7 140
Keah
Millions of questions and scattered brained
Keah, on July 15, 2021 at 1:37 PM

Okay, I have millions of questions and in slightly scattered brained in my train of thoughts (thanks to loads of concusions). Anywaaayyy... BACKGROUND: we have been together for 9 years, lived...

Keah, Yesterday at 2:40 AM 9 174
Alicia
Bridal Party
Alicia, on July 27, 2021 at 12:52 PM

In the last few years I have been the MOH in two weddings. These two brides are friends of mine. I am keeping my bridal party small and when I selected the 2 or 3 people that will be standing with me,...

Sonja, Yesterday at 1:58 AM 7 138
Erin Wood
Shower 3 weeks before the wedding?
Erin Wood, on May 1, 2017 at 12:47 PM

My Aunt offered to throw me a shower months ago but wanted to wait until the weather was nicer. Now she needs a hip replacement and is hoping to do the shower on June 11. The wedding is July 8. I...

Jacks, Yesterday at 12:50 AM 28 187
M
How much do spend on bridesmaids gifts?
Maddy, on July 27, 2021 at 8:14 PM

Hello, I was wondering about how much do you spend on bridesmaids gifts to give them the day of the wedding? Thanks!

Michelle, Jul 28, 2021 8 130
Marie
Is my gifting for rehearsal dinner getting out of control?
Marie, on July 27, 2021 at 2:02 PM

Wedding coming up on August 7. Ordering the bridesmaid and junior bridesmaid jewelry for their gifts (earrings and bracelets). Went ahead and also ordered matching bracelets for my mom and MIL as...

Bride2Be, Jul 28, 2021 5 194
Amanda
My friend is too ill to be a bridesmaid. How can i make her a part of the wedding?
Amanda, on July 27, 2021 at 10:16 PM

My good friend has been battling a chronic illness. Prior to her illness I would’ve wanted her to be a bridesmaid, but now her condition will not allow her to participate in the wedding. I’m hoping...

Jade, Jul 28, 2021 6 154
C
Etiquette Advice
Christina, on July 27, 2021 at 5:47 AM

I need advice for my rehearsal dinner! We are in the processor planning the RD and things have spiraled. My MIL would like to invite 80 people which to me sounds stressful and unnecessary. How we got...

Peyton, Jul 28, 2021 15 234
Ellen
Brother’s girlfriend?
Ellen, on July 27, 2021 at 7:53 AM

Hi all, wondering your advice on this decision I’ve been playing around with. My fiancé and I are getting married 8/14/21 (less than three weeks!) and our RSVPs were due back on 7/3. A week or so...

Michelle, Jul 27, 2021 12 342
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics