Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Jasmine
Catering Killed Our Guest List
Jasmine, on December 4, 2019 at 4:00 PM

We had finalized our guest list and we were content...until catering sent us an invoice. Holy fuzzballs! We were forced to cut our guest list down to at least 100 people which was really hard! What...

Jasmine, Yesterday at 4:53 PM 22 2 473
L
How to discuss budget with parents
Liza, on December 2, 2019 at 5:49 AM

So my parents are divorced and refuse to be in the same room let alone talk to each other. My mom has been married and divorced THREE times and my father twice. Neither one of them has ever really had...

Jenten428, Dec 3, 2019 28 1 456
Morgan
Help! My photographer is withholding my photos!
Morgan, Today at 6:52 AM

I hired a 3rd party vendor through weddingwire as a photographer. Long story short I was super dissatisfied with the photographer himself and went back to the owner of the company to explain my...

Vy Nguyen, 40 seconds ago 20 1 290
Crystal
Engagement photos
Crystal, Yesterday at 11:41 AM

I am curious about different poses for Engagement photos. Please drop your favorite(s) here! Thanks!

Michelle, 3 minutes ago 17 1 105
Jenn
Thank you card pix
Jenn, Yesterday at 8:03 PM

One month happily married & now that we have our wedding photos back, we're ready to send "thank you" cards. What kind of pic do you choose? Fun? Serious? Romantic? Landscape? Close up? IDK what...

Melle, 16 minutes ago 15 171
Jessica
Bridesmaid won't buy her dress and the window of opportunity is closing. Sos!
Jessica, on December 1, 2019 at 10:36 AM

I've had a long engagement-- we've been engaged for over 2 years. My bridesmaids accepted their roles a month after I was engaged. So they've been "bridesmaids" for almost 2 years. It took me awhile...

Jessica, 23 minutes ago 48 1 1,418
Stephanie
No Registry, just cards
Stephanie, Today at 11:43 AM

My FH and I are not doing a registry and I'm not having a bridal shower. Since we have moved in together a year ago and got a ton of house warming gifts/ bought new things for ourselves we...

Caytlyn, 29 minutes ago 1 19
Natalie
Help: Mother In Law Wants to Invite Too Many Additional Guests
Natalie, Yesterday at 8:18 PM

Planning our wedding has been an absolute breeze, that is, until my MIL wanted to add 10+ additional guests to the list after we already sent out invites. Any advice on how to let her know (gently)...

Lady, 37 minutes ago 8 160
A
No bridal shower?
Alison, on December 4, 2019 at 8:04 PM

Hey all, looking for some party advice. I want to have a bridal shower. Like a lot! But I'm not 100% sure if any of my people are throwing me one. I know it's supposed to be something that someone...

Cassandra7, 41 minutes ago 7 207
FarmersWife
Personal Attendant?!
FarmersWife, on September 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM

What are you guys having your personal attendant do? Or are you not having one? Im just lost at what there supposed to do! Are they supposed to carry the back of your dress & bustle it? Or does the...

Cassandra7, 46 minutes ago 13 122
V
Rehearsal dinner thank yous and gifts
Valerie, on December 4, 2019 at 10:49 PM

During our rehearsal dinner, we plan to pass out gifts to all those who stood up in our wedding and those who participated by doing a reading. I also want to gift my parents something as they are...

Chrysta, 4 hours ago 7 105
Kaitlyn
Wedding Party Group chat?
Kaitlyn, Yesterday at 11:42 AM

Do you have a group chat with everyone who's standing up with you? I want to make one for my girls but I'm unsure of how to word an introduction without seeming awkward or domineering. I have: Best...

Judith, 11 hours ago 15 147
K
Our videographer made a mistake...
KT4ever, Yesterday at 11:52 AM

We just got our video back- everything was great! We got all the footage and the highlights video. The only thing we noticed was that he put the wrong wedding date. Would it be a hassle to tell him...

Cher Horowitz, Yesterday at 10:45 PM 14 250
Jill
Do i address this non-gift giving guest?
Jill, on November 13, 2019 at 8:46 AM

I have an awkward situation regarding a guest that didn't give a gift, and I need advice on how to deal with it. We were married just over three weeks ago, and my one coworker did not bring a gift to...

Amanda, Yesterday at 6:34 PM 17 355
Nicole
Proofs (invites and rsvp Cards)
Nicole, on November 29, 2019 at 12:25 PM

Just wanted to run these by the forums for proofing before I order. I believe everything looks good, though it's always better to have multiple eyes looking out for errors! Does anyone see anything...

Alejandra, Yesterday at 5:29 PM 10 129
Ivy
Couples counseling before the wedding
Ivy, on June 15, 2017 at 9:15 PM

Has anyone done couples counseling to fix issues before the wedding? If so, how did it go? My fiancée and I have agreed to go on couples counseling because lately our fighting has escalated and has...

Katelyn, Yesterday at 4:55 PM 34 71
Samantha
Engagement shoot fashion
Samantha, on December 4, 2019 at 9:32 AM

What should we wear to our engagement shoot? We're having it at the bookstore where we met so it'll be indoors. Not sure how to dress for it, any advice?

Dayna, Yesterday at 2:42 PM 9 78
R
Postcard type wedding invitations.
Roberta, on December 4, 2019 at 11:22 PM

Has anyone ever done or seen postcard type of invitation? With an email RSVP? What about "in lieu of gifts donation for honeymoon appreciated"? Do you have to do a bridal registry? We live together...

Lady, Yesterday at 2:19 PM 8 87
K
Family or friend
Kathy, on December 4, 2019 at 7:52 PM

I am on guest list for 2 weddings. Wedding 1, Cousins (we are a close family) daughter where the whole family will be, or: Wedding 2, Family friend and my daughter is standing up in it. I have known...

Catherine, Yesterday at 2:17 PM 8 147
Stacy
Private Ceremony
Stacy, on December 4, 2019 at 12:44 PM

Hey guys! I need some advice.. We are having a private ceremony with about 30ish guests, and then having a much larger reception after. For our wedding website, should we put the information for the...

Catherine, Yesterday at 2:11 PM 22 228
Start a discussion