We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
D
Gift bag for hotel or no
Daniel, on August 2, 2020 at 9:24 AM

So what does one include in a gift bag for the hotel for people staying there. Or do you even have to do one need some ideas but not fully sure what to do I know that the wedding favors or bonbonniere...

Daniel, Aug 7, 2020 41 318 1
Angela
No-shows at wedding
Angela, on August 5, 2020 at 11:40 PM

How did you deal with guests who did not show at your wedding after RSVP-ing? Did you end up brushing it off or just moved on and never speak to the guests? I just need advice to handle this. I was...

Angela, Aug 7, 2020 42 613
Marcia
Red Dress Etiquette
Marcia, on August 3, 2020 at 9:48 AM

The controversy of guests wearing red to a wedding came up on a different post. I had never heard about a rule against guests wearing red, so I googled it and got conflicting advice--some said...

Judith, Aug 5, 2020 29 383
Nicola
Photographer charging fees due to covid-19
Nicola, Today at 7:17 PM

My original wedding date was 3/21/20. However, like majority of the other couples— we pushed our wedding date to 8/22/2020 (this was back in March). Due to the pandemic and the mandate issued by...

Theresa, 2 minutes ago 5 116
Samantha
Replies to unheard rsvps
Samantha, Yesterday at 10:12 AM

My rsvps are due soon and I’m kind of nervous because I have sent out a message about a week ago reminding everyone that they are due soon. Some I have heard from, others opened and ignored, and some...

Sabrina, 3 minutes ago 16 202
Kari
Head Table Seating
Kari, Today at 12:56 PM

Hi! I’m trying to figure out how to do the seating for the head table. We do not have a wedding party. The grooms parents are divorced and each have children of their own and I am the only child to my...

Mindy, An hour ago 6 69
R
Father planning his second wedding last minute a weekend before my first wedding
Rl, Yesterday at 1:28 AM

Hi everyone, my parents divorced when I was 12 I’m not 26. He has been with the same girlfriend for 7 years now and they recently got engaged this past month. I have had my wedding planned for a...

Rl, 5 hours ago 13 298
Michelle
i put the wrong street number on my invitations
Michelle, Yesterday at 7:35 PM

I just got my invites and as I was organizing them to send, I randomly decided to look up my venue and realized the street number was way off! It said 141 not 154! I was so hung up on stupid...

Michelle, 6 hours ago 18 211
Liz
So many etiquette questions...
Liz, on August 2, 2020 at 9:45 PM

My fiance and I recently postponed our September wedding. We had a small guest list (~30 people) so we originally thought we could make it work. But we live in upstate NY and 70% of our guest list...

Michelle, Yesterday at 8:42 PM 12 298
Sharlene
Downsizing ??
Sharlene, Yesterday at 6:48 PM

We sent Save the Dates in Match for our November wedding. We are planning on sticking to our November date but we lost our venue and need to downsize from 250 to 150 guests. What is the appropriate...

Sharlene, Yesterday at 6:48 PM 69 1
C&k
Wedding is Tomorrow!!!
C&k, on August 7, 2020 at 7:06 AM

Anything special I should do today? Besides stress lol We are having a small backyard wedding with family, making sure everyone and everything is safe from Covid has been stressful but definitely...

Samantha, Yesterday at 10:10 AM 12 115 1
Taylor
Thank you’s to the uninvited..
Taylor, on August 7, 2020 at 7:28 PM

Due to Covid-19, we had to cut down our guest list from 105 guests, to 15. Some of the uninvited guests sent us cash for our wedding, which is SO appreciated. What kind of wording do y’all suggest for...

Fleur, Yesterday at 8:30 AM 3 181
Katie
Replacing Bridesmaids That Dropped Out
Katie, on August 7, 2020 at 1:48 PM

I am in a bit of a dilemma. First things first, we were supposed to get married next week (8/15/20), but with all the new guidelines that came out mid July in PA, we ended up having to postpone the...

Mercy, Yesterday at 2:05 AM 9 219
Jacqueline
Sunset pics
Jacqueline, on August 6, 2020 at 9:05 PM

I was taking note of time of sunset this eve. We are marrying on Friday Aug 21 @ 6 pm Sunset was at 8:14 tonight and I began thinking about pictures. We live in Fla and I really would like a few...

Jacqueline, Aug 7, 2020 8 110
When to decide to finally cancel?
, on August 7, 2020 at 6:43 AM

Hey everyone, So yesterday was an emotionally hard day for me. I finally let the sucky situation that many of us brides and couples have been experiencing this year sink in, and I had a full on...

Neeva, Aug 7, 2020 8 218
Emily
Tips for vendors
Emily, on August 7, 2020 at 12:15 PM

Hi all! Our previously postponed from April wedding is coming up in two weekends FINALLY and we are going ahead with it (we are in MD, originally invited 160 people and will have 100 now total). Can’t...

Lisa, Aug 7, 2020 3 75
AnewH
Birthday at a Wedding
AnewH, on July 29, 2016 at 8:26 AM

Anyone else having a guest with a birthday at their wedding? Are you doing anything for them? I have a cousin who is in their 50's that is having a birthday. My Mom wants us to sing Happy Birthday to...

Martha, Aug 7, 2020 42 499
Heather
Gift card for photographer
Heather, on August 7, 2020 at 8:20 AM

Hey all, my husband and I eloped in July and only invested in a photographer because that’s all we had for options at that time. I’d like to send him a card with an REI gift card in it. We did an...

Jana, Aug 7, 2020 6 83
B
Positive responses :)
Brooke, on August 7, 2020 at 9:36 AM

Hello! I am looking for brides that have sent out save the dates to a large amount of people but had to cut back their list. I'm curious if you have gone a certain way to say "sorry due to covid we...

Lisa, Aug 7, 2020 3 88
S
Bridal shower rant
Sarah, on August 4, 2020 at 12:40 PM

Due to recent financial hardship, my fiance and I have decided to have a micro wedding with just immediate family (15 guests). I was reading that you should never invite anyone to a bridal shower if...

Amber, Aug 7, 2020 14 346
Start a discussion