Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
R
Can a bride ask her bridesmaids to get a spray tan?
Rebecca, on September 18, 2021 at 12:06 PM

So my guilty pleasure of reading anything wedding related on Reddit struck again. I found this post on Reddit, from a few days back where a bridesmaid doesn't want to get a spray tan for her cousins...

Candace, 5 hours ago 22 346
J
Who receives a thank you card after the wedding?
Jennifer, on September 17, 2021 at 2:16 PM

We get married next weekend! I’m wondering who receives a thank you card after the wedding? Is it everyone you invited or only those who actually attend, plus those who didn’t come that sent gifts? I...

, 9 hours ago 10 170
B
Over Inviting for Destination Wedding?
bevbabe, on September 18, 2021 at 5:31 PM

Do you think it's okay to invite 200 people to our wedding that can only have 150? Normally I wouldn't do this, but it's a destination wedding in Europe so I'm expecting more declines than usual.

Lisa, Yesterday at 12:36 PM 16 214
Valerie
Requiring vaccinations or negative test
Valerie, Today at 3:35 PM

Hello lovely people! I would like to require vaccinations for ALL of my guests, but both of my parents are unvaccinated and will not get the vaccine. So I have instead opted to require a negative test...

Layla, 6 minutes ago 3 57
Mykeetah
Bridesmaids
Mykeetah, Today at 6:40 AM

Am I out of line for asking the bridesmaids to have hair/makeup and nails done? Nothing over the top... everyone messy updo bun, natural daytime makeup (airbrush for those who don't really do makeup)...

Haley, 8 minutes ago 27 392
Vaccinations
, on September 7, 2021 at 2:23 PM

How do I tell wedding guests that they must be vaccinated if they are planning to attend our wedding?

, 12 minutes ago 81 2,197 6
Cece
Going above and beyond for guests
Cece, Today at 9:27 AM

I know we always hear about “properly hosting” our guests. But is anyone going beyond the minimum etiquette expectations in hosting? (Things such as extravagant favors, welcome bags, entertainment at...

Cece, An hour ago 15 171
Susan
Gift Etiquette!
Susan, Today at 10:06 AM

Hi All: I was invited to a co-worker's wedding this weekend and had a blast. I chose a gift off her Amazon registry and had it shipped to her. Unfortunately, adding gift options was not a possibility,...

Ingrid, An hour ago 3 111
S
Have you ever had family not come to your wedding?
Sammie, on August 18, 2017 at 9:33 PM

We recently sent out our invitations and I just heard back from my dad's family (6 aunts/uncles, 8 cousins and grandparents. They all RSVP'd no. There is no tension or fighting between our families...

Nichole, An hour ago 34 2,298
Taylor
Am i unreasonable to ask bride to require masks at wedding when young kids are attending?
Taylor, on September 16, 2021 at 2:13 AM

Hi All, My sister’s wedding is in November and I just found out she’s not planning to require guests to wear masks or ask for proof of vaccination. Her ceremony and reception are entirely indoor and...

Valerie, 3 hours ago 42 705 1
S
What do you think about a 5pm start time for a winter wedding?
Suzy, Yesterday at 1:44 PM

Hi, I’ll be getting married in January in the Northeast. We are thinking of having our start time for the ceremony be 5 PM. The ceremony and reception and cocktail hour are all in one venue and guest...

A.B., 4 hours ago 18 184
Rocky
Do you send vendors Save The Dates & invites?
Rocky, on January 9, 2019 at 3:34 PM

So me and FH purchased our save the dates and we were wondering if we send save the dates to our vendors and if we don’t is that rude?

Carrie, 5 hours ago 7 1,896
C
Is it cheesy to put a different dress for our first dance salsa routine then change back into my gown?
Carol, on June 17, 2017 at 7:06 AM

Hello brides! I have a dilemma. I have a gorgeous bridal gown, but it may not be as appealing to wear it for our first dance salsa routine. Would it be cheesy if a wear a more comfortable dress for...

Dress4dance, Yesterday at 9:57 PM 7 416
N
mil help
Nat, on September 18, 2021 at 1:01 AM

Hi everyone I need honest opinions. Me and my FH are planning a destination wedding for late next year and decided on the weekend of November 5th. When telling his mom these plans she asked us to wait...

Samantha, Yesterday at 6:50 PM 5 185
A.B.
Gifts
A.B., Yesterday at 12:00 PM

Hello, I'm curious who you are giving gifts to and if I'm doing enough For some background we have bridesmaids and groomsmen but nobody else is really involved in the wedding planning or helping...

KYLIE, Yesterday at 5:21 PM 6 82
C
Friend Asking for Plus One
Charmander, on September 16, 2021 at 11:39 AM

Hello need your opinion. A friend is asking for a plus one but it is just her girlfriend not a significant other. We have now passed the RSVP date. She is not the closest friend but we have worked...

Charmander, Yesterday at 3:49 PM 21 265
BridalGirl24
Parents at bachelorette/bachelor?
BridalGirl24, on June 12, 2017 at 6:08 PM

Do parents typically get invited to the bachelor or bachelorette?

Marie, Yesterday at 7:44 AM 49 1,066
Futuremrsv
Thank You’s?
Futuremrsv, on September 18, 2021 at 5:44 PM

Hi WW Fam! So hubby and I got married NYE 2019. We were one of the lucky couples able to have our wedding as planned before the pandemic shut the world down. So we were locked down most of 2020. When...

Michelle, Sep 18, 2021 4 172
K
Purely venting - the frustrations of wedding "etiquette"
Krista, on September 14, 2021 at 12:43 AM

This is really just me venting lol, but is anyone else frustrated by the silly rules of wedding etiquette at times? - Cash funds - I don't feel the need to do these on Zola because I didn't feel I...

Jessica, Sep 18, 2021 26 609
Tatiana
Not Sure What To Do
Tatiana, on September 18, 2021 at 12:44 PM

My wedding was on June 5th, 2021 and I STILL haven't received my wedding videos from the videographer. We were supposed to receive our teaser video 1 week after the wedding. It's more than 3 months...

Lisa, Sep 18, 2021 1 108
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics