Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Frankie
not inviting guests by circles.
Frankie, on October 17, 2021 at 10:41 AM

An etiquette states that if you're planning to invite one aunt/uncle, you should invite all of them, and so on with other "circles". However: my fiancé and I DON'T have an all-or-nothing approach on...

Frankie, 9 hours ago 16 277
Karen
My mom wants to invite someone i dislike!!
Karen, on October 13, 2021 at 8:16 AM

Hi all! I definitely need help with this one. My mom has a friend, let’s call her Jane. My fiancé (boyfriend at the time that we met her) and I met Jane at a pub crawl about 4 years ago. She was nice...

Janicaellison, Oct 16, 2021 19 346
Paige
Speeches at rehearsal dinner instead of wedding?
Paige, on October 13, 2021 at 11:36 AM

My fiancé and I are doing a destination wedding, we both dislike the speeches at weddings so we thought that we would do the speeches at the rehearsal dinner instead. Because it is a destination...

Allie, Oct 14, 2021 12 150
Essjyc47
Room Block Pricing for Bridal Party
Essjyc47, Today at 4:39 PM

Hi! So we’ve booked out a bed & breakfast in Middleburg, VA for our wedding! It’s a three-day event with all the events happening at the B&B. The area is pretty pricey and luxe with the...

Essjyc47, 10 minutes ago 5 37
Courtney
fmil Challenge
Courtney, Today at 4:57 PM

I need someone to encourage me to be the bigger person and invite my FMIl to my first dress fitting. For background: FH and I have been together for just shy of 5 years and living together for nearly...

Jasmine E., 28 minutes ago 1 23
Hope
Invite timeline?
Hope, Today at 12:53 PM

Wedding date: May 28, 2022 Handful of out-of-towners, most are local. My thought process is the invites should go out very early because we know that next year is going to be insane for weddings. It...

EGD, An hour ago 6 91
Angela
My wedding video
Angela, on October 16, 2021 at 5:45 AM

Can y’all help me feel better?! I loved everything about my wedding don’t get me wrong…especially since we had to postpone like 7 months. I loved my wedding photos and video but I get so irritated...

Melanie, 2 hours ago 7 214 1
Jaimie
Bridesmaid gifts. How much are you spending
Jaimie, on October 11, 2021 at 2:22 PM

How much is appropriate for a bridesmaids gift? I want to give them the day of.

RecentlyWed, 2 hours ago 8 132
alexandra
Firing my brother?
alexandra, on October 16, 2021 at 9:27 PM

Okay so I know this sounds bad, but hear me out. My brother and I have always had a strained relationship. We never speak unless our mom forces us into a room together, and even then it’s barely...

alexandra, 7 hours ago 9 313
Angela
Only 1 ring?
Angela, Yesterday at 3:25 PM

Anyone only have 1 ring? Long story short our asd non verbal 4 yr old flushed my engagement ring. We haven't replaced it and I'm not sure insure covers that. We are eloping in the next 60 days and...

Sarah, 9 hours ago 5 129
A
Save the dates
Aynmie, Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Would you send your save the date to your photographer?

Sarah, 9 hours ago 4 67
Rebecca
Social media question: Did you post about your wedding close to the day?
Rebecca, on December 20, 2016 at 11:41 AM

Ok, a little background: I'm a bit reserved on social media when it comes to personal things. I don't post much on relationships--only when we got engaged, and when my girlfriends helped me find The...

Rene, Yesterday at 6:46 PM 72 1,239
Christina
Help! Etiquette advice
Christina, on October 17, 2021 at 1:16 PM

My FH and I are eloping to Colorado next year and we are able to have 25 guests in attendance. We have spoken with our nearest and dearest and let them know that we would love for them to come IF THEY...

Christina, Yesterday at 5:50 PM 7 270
L
Etiquette on not inviting all extended family to a micro wedding?
Layla, Yesterday at 10:17 AM

I’m having a micro wedding and the only guests are immediate family, grandparents, and my fiancés 2 cousins and aunt. They’re immigrants from a really far away country and they’re basically immediate...

Cool, Yesterday at 2:52 PM 7 98
SomethingBluth
School Bus Transportation
SomethingBluth, on March 18, 2018 at 1:42 AM

I'm thinking of renting a couple of school buses to provide shuttle service for my guests to and from the hotel and our ceremony/reception space. However, my wedding is going to be a fairly formal...

Monica, Yesterday at 5:05 AM 19 969
LoveBubbles
Am I missing something? Why do you let parents invite guests?
LoveBubbles, on January 4, 2016 at 12:18 PM

So here is my question. I have been on WW for quite a while now and just about every week there is a discussion/vent on parents inviting guests to people's weddings. While I completely understand if...

Frankie, Oct 17, 2021 52 19,113
Jennifer
Thank You Cards
Jennifer, on October 15, 2021 at 2:08 AM

I know you're supposed to send a "Thank You" card within 2 weeks of receiving a gift and no later than 3 months after the wedding. When receiving a gift, it's straight forward what to say, but when...

alexandra, Oct 17, 2021 21 207
DesertPolarBear
Bridesman gifts?
DesertPolarBear, on June 2, 2017 at 1:07 PM

I have a bridesman in my party and I am wondering if any brides have gift ideas? The girls I am getting their hair professionally done, I plan to get them jewelry and a nice hair piece, a getting...

Michelle, Oct 16, 2021 14 2,913
J
Received wedding gift before wedding -what to do
Jamie, on October 16, 2021 at 2:28 PM

So we JUST sent out our invites a week ago and already one of our lovely guests bought off our registry and had the gift shipped to our house. I wasn't prepared for that lol! Do I send a thank you...

Samantha, Oct 16, 2021 5 122
Britnimarie
Best man- recycled?
Britnimarie, on October 10, 2021 at 2:06 AM

My FH has been married before while I have not. We are getting married next May in Jamaica and I am SO excited. Except for one aspect….who my FH has chosen as a best man. It’s his brother in law, who...

Janicaellison, Oct 16, 2021 19 363
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics