We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Suzanne
Last Minute Cancellations
Suzanne, on July 11, 2020 at 10:10 PM

Has anyone else had people say they're not coming to the wedding after they RSVP'D that they'd be there? I let a rant out on Facebook and said how mad I was and rude that is to do that. Some of it is...

Pati, Jul 13, 2020 21 532
Jenna
Etiquette
Jenna, Today at 10:19 PM

Hi ladies! I hope everyone is so excited for their big day! I have a few questions - Do I mention I want something new, something blue, etc, to my bridesmaids? Or Do I not mention that and if it...

Kristen, 32 seconds ago 8 60 1
Sarah
Tip???
Sarah, Today at 9:36 PM

Which vendors do you tip? I have a photographer, DJ, caterer (but tip is already included), hair dresser, and cake lady. Who do I tip and how much? Thanks!

Chrysta, 5 minutes ago 4 32
Marcia
Guest gripe about black tie weddings
Marcia, Today at 9:37 AM

I'm in that stage of life when all of my friends are getting married, and literally every wedding so far has had a black tie dress code. However, the weddings haven't been black tie in the traditional...

Jana, 25 minutes ago 21 277
Tasha
Kids at Your Wedding
Tasha, on July 13, 2020 at 11:47 AM

Are you inviting kids to your wedding? We have decided to have an adult only wedding with Exception of kids who are in the wedding what is the best way to tell people they cannot bring their kids it...

Margarita, 30 minutes ago 25 261
L
Minted online Rsvp- guests and plus one(s)
Lili, on July 23, 2019 at 4:57 PM

I dont know what Im doing. When I input the name (ex. Mr. Joe Smith) and I give this guest a plus one for his wife (Mrs. Smith) do I input their names separately? Or do I just add Mr. Smith and a...

Clelia, 55 minutes ago 6 373
Cheryl
How to fill the space between end of reception and cocktail hour
Cheryl, on July 13, 2020 at 12:25 PM

Hello All, For our wedding next June, our reception is at a hotel and our ceremony is at a small church about a 10 - 15 minute drive away. Because the church is so small and has limited parking, we...

Julie, 2 hours ago 27 283
covidbride94
The +1 Debate
covidbride94, Yesterday at 9:14 AM

Ok, in trying to trim back our wedding guest list the slightest bit I've seen mixed info on +1s. As far as I'm concerned, most of my friends are either in a serious relationship or married so they all...

Jana, 5 hours ago 17 167
Michelle
Is it selfish to still have a wedding reception during the pandemic?
Michelle, on June 22, 2020 at 10:55 AM

I was lurking on WeddingBee and someone posted about people still having receptions and just about everyone agreed it as really selfish. Here in Ohio our numbers are steady and not increasing other...

, 7 hours ago 38 950
S
How much to give my sister
Suzie, Today at 6:13 AM

I need some advice on how much to give my sister for her wedding on Friday. Due to COVID she cut the list of people who could come and I was not invited but other members of my family were. At the...

Jodie, 7 hours ago 22 296
R
Alteration Tip?
Risa, on July 12, 2020 at 7:59 AM

Hey, Hope everyone is hanging in there! Just wondering what the etiquette is when it comes to dress fittings. My alterations are at the same place I got my dress (assuming that's standard). Do you tip...

Lynnie, 8 hours ago 3 92
M
Bridesmaid Drama
Meghan, Today at 11:08 AM

I have one bridesmaid that the rest of the girls are iffy on here recently. They've told me they feel like she comes off as it all about her. With everything going on in the world, the bachelorette...

Samantha, 8 hours ago 8 179
askdlfjsk
Canceling the bridal party?
askdlfjsk, on July 12, 2020 at 8:32 PM

My wedding was supposed to take place July 4, 2020, but due to the pandemic and wanting to still have the party we had hoped for, we've postponed to July 2021. I had asked my bridesmaids last October...

Marcia, 9 hours ago 15 230
K
Too late to add to a wedding party?
Katie, Today at 7:59 AM

My fiancé and I postponed our wedding from last year to this year and we had already picked our bridal party over a year ago now. It is 3 months until our wedding. My niece and nephew are the flower...

Jodie, 9 hours ago 6 89
Talia
Invitations- October 2020 brides
Talia, on May 26, 2020 at 10:23 AM

October brides, Did you guys order your invites yet? When do you plan to send them out? We're trying to figure that out now.

Talia, 10 hours ago 37 909 2
Nicole
Gifts
Nicole, on May 9, 2020 at 9:26 AM

I need help, so we pushed back our big wedding and we decided we are still going to get married on our original date. Main family and our bridal party will be there. We have gifts for our parents and...

Nicole, 13 hours ago 6 117
Cassie
Cutting back our guest list
Cassie, on July 13, 2020 at 11:05 PM

COVID BRIDE HERE - how do you let people know you are cutting back on your guest list??? OKAY! So. My fiance and I were originally getting married may 30, 2020 and had sent out invites to 180 people...

Lisa, Yesterday at 10:54 PM 7 116 1
T
Photographer charges a fee for rescheduling
Trinity, on July 13, 2020 at 8:13 PM

Hello all, We are supposed to get married on 10/10/20 (the Perfect 10). Due to Covid, we are planning to postpone until next May. The main reason is because we have a lot of elderly guests and out of...

Trinity, Yesterday at 8:42 PM 16 210
K
Postponing
Kate, on July 12, 2020 at 5:52 PM

Hi everyone- we are postponing our wedding from August 21 of this year to probably next June. Our venue had encouraged us to postpone to this October so we did but then got word shortly after that as...

Lynnie, Yesterday at 4:48 PM 5 130
Chelsea
Hand-written addresses Stds?
Chelsea, on July 10, 2020 at 8:33 PM

I know I've still got a while — I'm sending my save the dates out the first week of November. I thought this would work well so that I don't have to answer the "so when's the wedding?" question 100...

Brittany, Yesterday at 4:19 PM 21 126 1
Start a discussion