Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Suzann
Missing wedding gift
Suzann, on January 19, 2022 at 3:29 PM

Hello All, I need some advice on what to do with a sticky situation. A couple who attended our wedding did not give a gift. It's now been almost three months after my wedding and I'm sending out my...

, Yesterday at 3:57 PM 17 410 1
M
How to politely ask Mother to cut back on invited friends?
Morgan, on January 18, 2022 at 3:22 PM

I’m recently engaged and we are in the very early stages of planning. My parents have very generously offered to pay for the wedding. We had originally intended the guest count to be around the...

Taylor, Jan 18, 2022 9 211
Beckie
Maybe on a rsvp
Beckie, on January 17, 2022 at 3:24 PM

We have guests reaching out to us stating that someone in their party is a maybe...We put our date out to this group of people one month shy of a year of what the deadline date is for RSVPs so they...

Beckie, Jan 17, 2022 11 227
Alexa
Mother Wants a Terrible Plus One
Alexa, Today at 12:55 PM

We got engaged in 2019, to be married in 2020, postponed to 2021, postponed again to 2022. My mother was at once given a plus one (on the first wedding date), but we have since made major cuts to our...

Michelle, 15 minutes ago 5 61
Abigail
Bridal party
Abigail, Yesterday at 6:03 PM

So I was asked to be apart of one of friends bridal party who lives out of state. For me to attend the wedding it would be over 3,000.00 which I don’t have laying around to spend or go into debt over....

Maggie, 49 minutes ago 11 158
Tiffany
Elopement weekend
Tiffany, on January 19, 2022 at 2:30 PM

Hi all! My fiance and I decided to elope in Vegas...and then we decided to invite some of our best friends (total of 5) to be our witnesses and attend our ceremony Background: We're all flying in...

Tiffany, An hour ago 5 101
B
Advice
Bjkjjjsisiejski, Today at 5:22 AM

Ok, so would it be weird if I have two maid of honors, one matron of honor, and one bridesmaid?

Jacks, An hour ago 5 64
Nikki
Nobody cares and I'm bummed
Nikki, on June 22, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Hello All, My wedding is in October and planning has been going really well. However, I've started to feel like nobody cares anymore. Nobody asks how things are going. I try not to overload people...

Amanda, 2 hours ago 34 952
L
Wedding Website Wording - Airbnb
Lindsey, Yesterday at 3:28 PM

Hello! I'm working on filling in information for my wedding website. I'm having a micro-wedding at a vacation rental house. I'm only inviting 12 people to the wedding total, and I have room for 8...

Elycia, 3 hours ago 9 125
A
Anyone doing silent vows?
Army Bride, on April 12, 2011 at 12:58 PM

My FH would really like us to write our own vows to recite to each other. I am not too keen on reciting something that I have written that is so personal in front of a large group of people. A...

Jacks, Yesterday at 9:53 PM 12 1,487
M
Vaccine Requirement at Wedding
Mariamc, on January 12, 2022 at 8:15 PM

My wedding is in Mexico in early April at a resort. I did a destination wedding bc my father is undocumented and I wanted my family to be together on my wedding day. At the time of planning this, I...

Jacks, Yesterday at 9:51 PM 8 194
Colleen
Tipping
Colleen, on January 19, 2022 at 3:03 PM

I am uncertain about Tipping. Does my day of coordinator get tipped? The musicians? How about the photographer? Please help. Thanks in advance!

Lunajay, Yesterday at 9:40 PM 5 104
Reina
Guest List Stress
Reina, on January 2, 2022 at 4:49 AM

My guy & I are getting married at a venue that allows 130 people. Our guest list is at 150 right now… Close family members are suggesting I cut people I haven’t had meaningful conversations with...

Jacks, Yesterday at 5:15 PM 31 706
M
Still Waiting on Photos
Melissa, Yesterday at 9:50 AM

Hey everyone! I was hoping to get some advice here.. It has been almost 15 weeks since my wedding date. My husband and I got married in early October. I received the previews of my wedding photos late...

Allaura, Yesterday at 4:57 PM 5 88
K
Can you invite people to the bachelorette and not the bridal shower?
Keri, on January 19, 2022 at 12:13 PM

First of all, I know I am not in charge of planning either of the events, but I do need to come up with the guest list. I have a few friends that I want to invite to the bachelorette but not the...

Jacks, Jan 19, 2022 3 102
Leah
Small wedding dilemma
Leah, on January 18, 2022 at 1:25 PM

My Fiance and I want to have a small wedding originally I was thinking of no more than 50 but I work at a place with 15 other women. Ive only been working there since Aug of 21. we are a tight group...

Krista, Jan 19, 2022 14 286
J
Sister of bride- bridal party anxiety
Julie, on July 7, 2017 at 6:54 PM

Hi! My sister got engaged in March of this year. We are only 2 years apart and have a pretty good relationship, although she lives far from me and we visit each other maybe once or twice a year. I was...

Laura, Jan 19, 2022 21 652
Geneva
Bride has no voice
Geneva, on January 18, 2022 at 9:15 PM

I (37F) am trying to plan a wedding with my fiancé (42M). I am 4 months pregnant and we have a shorter planning timeframe, with us ideally getting married in late Feb / early March. We initially went...

bevbabe, Jan 19, 2022 5 228
Kate
Wedding Favors..a Must?
Kate, on January 9, 2022 at 10:51 AM

My fiance and I had originally planned on not having wedding favors for guests. We’re having a two-day wedding (Friday night religious ceremony with small ice cream social for family and close friends...

Kelly, Jan 19, 2022 33 517 1
Kelly
Paying for Guests' Hotel Rooms?
Kelly, on January 17, 2022 at 11:10 AM

Are we supposed to pay for out of town guests' hotel rooms? I didn't think so but the Wedding Wire budget tool includes a line for it. I'd need to redesign my wedding if this is the case because hotel...

Kelly, Jan 19, 2022 8 174
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics