Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
Asking for help from Wedding party
Elyza , Today at 12:40 AM

So my fiancé and I had a long engagement to save up for our wedding. In the middle of our planning/saving, I was laid off from work and my income was the main source for wedding funds. I didn’t have a...

Angel, 57 seconds ago 1 5
Pastor Pushing Us to Elope
Jeanne, Yesterday at 1:36 PM

Little bit of background: my boyfriend and I have been living together for 2 years already. He is recently joined me in my faith, and has been talking to our pastor about proposing, etc.Today, he had...

Angel, 4 minutes ago 12 192
fmil hates the untraditional wedding!
Chelsey, on September 16, 2019 at 5:03 PM

So my FH and i decided on having a Halloween themed wedding. It's more my favorite theme than his but he thinks it would be a fun time and different, and he's been very supportive and helping me with...

Tigriswc, 5 minutes ago 16 241
Guest List and bridesmaid Frustration
Cassi, on September 16, 2019 at 4:55 PM

Hey Guys! 26 days to go till I go from Miss to Mrs.! I am so excited! That being said I'm pretty frustrated in a certain situation and maybe could use some positive outlooks... lol btw sorry for the...

Samantha, 5 minutes ago 25 606
Just curious
Laurie, Yesterday at 5:40 PM

My daughter will be having a private ceremony with about 20 people attending. She would like to have 2 other wedding celebrations later on after the big day. Is this okay to have a separate...

Shadd, 20 minutes ago 4 106
Should he get a groomsmen gift still?
Shannon, Yesterday at 3:35 PM

My fiance's good friend was going to be our officiant. He backed out after he didn't approve of my reaction to the bachelor party (whole other story). My fiance is thinking of getting him a groomsmen...

Angel, 30 minutes ago 13 191
Kids at bridal shower
Monique, on September 16, 2019 at 9:31 PM

Hi all, just curious if anyone has ever had/or may have kids at their bridal shower? My sister just told me there is a lady who wants to come but her husband works a lot and will be working day of....

Tigriswc, 31 minutes ago 21 1 231
i was removed from the wedding party
Hannah, Yesterday at 3:58 PM

My best friend got engaged about a year or so ago. She has plans to get married in one month and of course, I was asked to be a bridesmaid about 7 months ago. Not long after, I too got engaged. My...

Angel, 33 minutes ago 21 378
Gift for Ring bearer
Kelly, Yesterday at 2:27 PM

Our ring bearer is my FH's grandson and will just be 6 when we get married. What is a good gift for someone this age? All suggestions are welcomes. Thank you in advance! Kelly May 2020

Tigriswc, 38 minutes ago 8 37
Should i Still Attend
Shadd, Yesterday at 9:45 PM

I was asked to be a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding ( the only other person is the maid of honor). I graciously accepted and have been planning a wedding shower with her maid of honor all summer....

Willow, 43 minutes ago 11 135
Your kids attending your wedding??
Damonica, Yesterday at 6:25 PM

Hi everyone okay so i get married April 18,2020 and I will have a 2 year old and a 4 month old and of course their going to be a part of our big day but who will I trust them with? Is it a good idea...

Tigriswc, Yesterday at 11:57 PM 7 66
Rundown of Thank You Card Etiquette
TheFutureMrs, Yesterday at 6:50 PM

My wedding was Saturday and I am leaving for my honeymoon tomorrow but I want to get an idea of who gets a card so I can send them out as soon as possible when I get back. I know people who attended...

Tigriswc, Yesterday at 11:33 PM 5 73
Guest attire: How much say does the couple get?
Mrsbdg, on September 6, 2019 at 3:37 PM

Hey y’all!Well. My dad is getting married in December 🙄 As planning has gone on his FW has really pushed my sister and I around and I’m curious if my hatred towards her is tainting my judgement (okay,...

Miss, Yesterday at 11:22 PM 177 1 3,483
Commitment ceremony?
FutureMinor08182017, on November 25, 2017 at 10:42 PM

Hi everyone. My fiance and i r thinking of doing a commitment ceremony. We r both on ssi and don't want to lose any of the income after we marry. Does anyone have any other ideas we could do.

Lanetta, Yesterday at 10:26 PM 65 8,175
Older Bride
Dana, on September 16, 2019 at 10:39 PM

I am turning 58 this year and my husband to be says my parents ( who are 80 & 84 ) should pay for the wedding OR I should pay for it. He says he paid for the ring and will pay for the honeymoon. I...

Tigriswc, Yesterday at 10:26 PM 19 281
Thanksgiving Weekend?
Katie, Yesterday at 10:47 AM

My boyfriend of 5 years & I recently got engaged and are starting our wedding planning. We want a Fall Wedding, but I work in politics, so anything before 11/3/20 is off the table. We also don't...

Shadd, Yesterday at 10:08 PM 29 402
Wearing a ring 24/7?
Natalia, on August 21, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Hello all!I’m not sure if this is the proper group for this discussion. However, I wanted to know if you ladies and/or gents wear your engagement rings all the time. Recently, I was made to feel bad,...

Jasmyn, Yesterday at 10:02 PM 851 14 9,602
Bridal shower etiquette?
Erica, Yesterday at 8:05 AM

My MOH asked me to put together a guest list for my bridal shower. My FMIL said that I should invite all women that are invited to the wedding, but majority of the women are distant family on my FH...

Tigriswc, Yesterday at 9:58 PM 21 175
When to give a plus one
Amanda, Yesterday at 4:35 PM

So my FH and I have been redoing our guest list like crazy and we are already have a bigger list than my father (who is paying for the venue) is really happy with. We had to make a lot of cuts (i.e...

Tigriswc, Yesterday at 9:37 PM 26 1 335
How do i let vendor know we aren’t happy with them?
Sashenka, Yesterday at 2:12 PM

Y’all! I hired a photographer that my coworker used for her wedding and he took the most amazing pictures of her for engagement shoot and wedding. We hired him because of budget and because the...

Molly, Yesterday at 5:59 PM 15 234