We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
M
Couple not sitting together at the reception
Macy, on May 23, 2020 at 10:40 AM

I recently started dating this guy who's sister is getting married in a couple of months. His sister told him that he should bring me as a date and I obviously said yes! I haven't met any of his...

Martha, Yesterday at 3:00 PM 31 613
Kaitlin
Bridal Shower Gifts Early
Kaitlin, Today at 1:24 AM

I’ve been searching through google and here to get an answer on this odd question. Backstory: Both my fiancé and I live in AZ, we have a few friends here but the majority of our invitees for my bridal...

Hillary, An hour ago 3 18
Logan
Elopement
Logan, Yesterday at 11:37 AM

Hi guys! Hope everyone is hangin in there. We just made the decision to cancel our wedding and head forward with an elopement. I’m actually a little relived as the anxiety of being infront of people...

, 2 hours ago 12 121
Jei
Destination Wedding Invitations & rsvp
Jei, on April 15, 2020 at 10:16 PM

Hello All, I am having a destination wedding on June 5, 2021 at an all inclusive resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica. We have blocked 40 rooms for family and friends. Any rooms not booked and paid in full...

Julia, 2 hours ago 7 127
M
Announcement About Rescheduling Wedding
Madelaine, on May 24, 2020 at 11:07 PM

Our daughter’s wedding was scheduled for September 2020 and now has been reschedule to 2021 due to COVID-19 and we need to notify our guests of the change. Anyone had to go through the same experience...

Madelaine, 2 hours ago 23 283
Dr E
Is having a Maid of Honor a must?
Dr E, Yesterday at 10:06 AM

Heyyyy my Beauties! So, is it is a must to appoint a Maid of Honor? Is it fine to just have Bridesmaids? What are you thoughts? What did some of my fellow Brides do?

Anna, Yesterday at 10:25 PM 13 92
Amber
Dance Lesson?
Amber, Yesterday at 5:05 PM

Ok... so I have two left feet and he can dance like hes from the 70's... we need Dance Lessons, but when is it appropriate to get them and start learning? What kind of time frame should we...

Jana, Yesterday at 10:17 PM 4 34
Katie
Downsizing wording
Katie, on May 27, 2020 at 6:28 PM

My fiancé and I have decided to downsize our reception for a ton of reasons. However, we’ve already sent out save the dates. We’ve decided to write everyone a nice letter. I’m curious what others have...

Vicky, Yesterday at 10:02 PM 7 169 1
Naomi
Destination Wedding Dinner
Naomi, Yesterday at 8:14 PM

Hello! I need some advice. My fiance and I are having a destination wedding with about 30 people attending. We are having a reception back home with those 30 people, along with everyone else that...

Kelsey, Yesterday at 9:51 PM 5 60
Morgan
Getting Married a year before Ceremony/reception
Morgan, on May 27, 2020 at 11:44 PM

My fiancé and I were supposed to have our wedding on June 20th, but due to COVID, we decided to postpone until June 19th, 2021. We are getting married in front of our immediate family on June 19th of...

Lynnie, Yesterday at 4:03 PM 7 146
Kelly
Ideas for groomsmen gifts?
Kelly, Yesterday at 10:15 AM

Hey ladies, Ive been searching to try to get ideas for our groomsmen. I feel like the bridesmaid gifts are so much easier! Everything i see for the groomsmen however, are either flasks or knives or...

Jana, Yesterday at 3:01 PM 5 51
E
Honorary Bridesmaid
Evon, Yesterday at 11:38 AM

Having a small wedding less than 70 guest...I think:~ Anyway, I have one matron of honor and best man; My daughter is a special needs adult and I want her to be a part of the wedding somehow. Will it...

Evon, Yesterday at 2:43 PM 12 111
DitchingDiaz
Rehearsal Dinner- who gets to come? Advice!!
DitchingDiaz, on May 25, 2020 at 2:35 PM

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is staying safe during this crazy time! I need some advice! My FH and I are paying for most of the wedding and are paying for the bridal shower and bachelorette in full....

Judith, Yesterday at 1:25 PM 15 254
Katie
How can a help as a Moh?
Katie, on May 27, 2020 at 2:32 PM

I was asked to be a friend’s bridesmaid last year for her wedding this fall. Specifically her maid of honor. She’s given zero details about the wedding, as in I found out the date through a Facebook...

Margaret, Yesterday at 8:32 AM 9 120
WESLEY
Wedding Etiquette Save-the-dates and Invitations
WESLEY, on May 23, 2020 at 12:59 PM

Our original wedding date was 7/17/20. We already sent out save-the-date magnets and invitations. However, we postponed our date to 7/24/21. We are still thinking about getting legally married this...

Megan, May 27, 2020 10 146 1
Susee
Guest restrictions
Susee, on May 26, 2020 at 8:59 PM

How to word limitation of guest? Keeping it to who the invite is addressed to. Help lol.

Laura, May 27, 2020 9 121 1
Talia
Invitations- October 2020 brides
Talia, on May 26, 2020 at 10:23 AM

October brides, Did you guys order your invites yet? When do you plan to send them out? We're trying to figure that out now.

Maci, May 27, 2020 20 344 2
Cat
To Invite or Not To Invite???
Cat, on May 26, 2020 at 4:13 PM

I’m having issues trying to decide if I should invite my aunt and her kids to my wedding or not. Backstory: She became my aunt when she married my dad’s brother about 17 years ago (I was a flower girl...

Jodie, May 27, 2020 11 164
Reasie
new wedding date etiquette
Reasie, on May 27, 2020 at 1:36 AM

I am considering postponing my wedding to next year, should I send out new invitations, Save-The-Dates, and RSVP cards or just do a text or email message to my already invited guests? What steps did...

Angela, May 27, 2020 10 82
Brittany
Destination wedding!
Brittany, on May 26, 2020 at 12:09 PM

Hi everyone! So my wedding is 03/18/2021 and it’s a destination wedding, most guests will be traveling from out of state but some are coming from countries as far away as Greece. How soon in advance...

Naikesha, May 27, 2020 8 94
Start a discussion