Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
Am i invited to the wedding?
Mary, on June 12, 2019 at 12:58 PM

This is the first personal message I’ve received but Ive had plenty of “when is the wedding?” “are we invited?” type comments and I honestly don’t know how to respond. I think this is rude, I don’t...

Theresa, Yesterday at 9:37 PM 36 1 548
Love Offerings aka Tips
Courtnee', Today at 3:34 AM

As I budgeted for my wedding my planner advised me to set aside money for love offerings aka tips for each of my vendors. In total my husband and I spent nearly $2,000 on tips for the planner,...

Courtnee', 2 hours ago 12
Hurt about not being invited to the wedding shower, should i say anything?
Angela, Yesterday at 9:35 PM

So I have a friend who is getting married this year in August and I just found out she had a bridal shower today and I wasn't invited. I'm very hurt. Its piling on to the fact that I'm starting to...

D, 4 hours ago 4 142
Elopement and reception help
Annalyn, Yesterday at 3:00 PM

My fiancée and I plan on eloping in August of 2020. We want it to be a secret ceremony with just our parents present. Then when we return home, we want to surprise our family and friends with the news...

Judith, 5 hours ago 12 121
Reply Card Envelope Address help
Kali, Yesterday at 10:58 PM

So my fiancé and I do not live together and I will be collecting the reply cards at my current address. Is it appropriate then for the address to just be written with my name and not his. Or do I...

Judith, 5 hours ago 6 42
Question about “no kids”
Alison, Yesterday at 6:10 PM

I honestly don’t want a lot of children at my wedding but my mother is 10 years older than her siblings so I have like 10 first cousins under the age of 13. I figured I’d definitely invite them...

Pirate & 60s Bride, Yesterday at 9:17 PM 8 117
Hostess gifts
Katherine, on June 14, 2019 at 10:15 PM

Hi! Is it required to provide a gift to your hostesses or your bridal shower? I am planning to write thank you notes but wasn’t sure if it was customary to provide a gift as well. If so, any ideas of...

Judith, Yesterday at 7:30 PM 7 99
Details/info Card
Lizbeth, on June 14, 2019 at 10:02 PM

Looking for some wording ideas on pinterest regarding info and details card I found this. Most importantly the last part.what do you think? Tacky? OK?This is not mine and I am not thinking of doing...

Lizbeth, Yesterday at 7:10 PM 6 108
If i give a monetary shower gift do i still have to get a gift for the wedding?
Christina, Yesterday at 10:48 AM

Do i bring a monetary gift to the wedding if I brought a monetary gift to the shower?

Judith, Yesterday at 6:16 PM 8 146
rsvp drama
Vanessa, on June 13, 2019 at 1:07 PM

We are having a million issues with people RSVPing. The biggest issue right now is that my fiance's aunt isn't sure if her stepson is planning on attending the wedding. We sent her and her husband an...

Sarah, Yesterday at 5:50 PM 11 198
Great solution for seating guests who didn’t rsvp
Jameelah, on June 14, 2019 at 4:52 PM

I just saw this on Instagram and thought it was funny, but it’ll eliminate confusion on where to seat guests whom you didn’t know were coming! Lol

Jameelah, Yesterday at 2:54 PM 16 2 417
Already married, but do we have a ceremony next year?
Cheryl, Yesterday at 9:34 AM

My husband and I had to get married for health benefits, so we eloped with 2 of our friends there and no one else. He'd like to have a ceremony/reception (kind of feels obligated). No one really knows...

Kelly, Yesterday at 1:03 PM 2 84
Are you doing or ditching the “carry over the threshold” tradition?
Jayla, on January 15, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Have you and your significant other decided to follow the “carry over the threshold” tradition? This old wedding night tradition was another way to ward off evil spirits, apparently brides were extra...

Jess, Yesterday at 11:20 AM 100 760
Can i wear it ?
Jaydee, on May 31, 2019 at 7:47 PM

Hello! So long story short, I’m going out of country in a few days and was advised not to wear my engagement ring (for safety purposes because you just never know) but, I feel so naked whenever I...

Samantha, Yesterday at 11:20 AM 46 815
Kids or no kids??
Whitney, on May 11, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Hello Everyone! My fiance and I are debating on having a 21+ age limit on our wedding. I have a huge worry that having kids at the wedding something is going to go wrong, but we dont want to be...

Jess, Yesterday at 11:18 AM 70 1,278
Feeding th Musicians
Abby, on April 27, 2010 at 8:03 AM

I have a string quartet playing for 2 hrs. Just the ceremony and cocktail hour. Do I need to make a table for them to eat at, and pay for their food? It will really mess up my table settings if I have...

Chelsey, Yesterday at 11:08 AM 18 643
21 days to go and we fought about rings 😥
Sharon, on June 14, 2019 at 8:24 PM

She picked her own ring out first! I literally damn near moved out over this and separated because it was stupid due to the fact she picked this ring for herself! She waits 23 days before the wedding...

Melle, Yesterday at 10:59 AM 12 516
Should we send another save the date?
ChiBride, Yesterday at 1:33 AM

Hello all! We originally sent “save our dates” for the 13th and 14th for our Buddhist ceremony the 13th, then our catholic ceremony and reception on the 14th. Last Monday out venue burnt down, and now...

MOB So Cal, Yesterday at 10:45 AM 5 136
Vendor meal for dj & Mc? (9:30-1:30 working hours)
Am, Yesterday at 12:30 AM

Hi!I am of course providing a meal for our photographer, assistant photographer and videographer - they're going to be with us for 10 hours and OF COURSE need to eat.I'm wondering if the same is true...

Melle, Yesterday at 10:44 AM 8 116
Bridesmaid advice
Rebecca, on June 14, 2019 at 4:41 PM

This is a bit of a long story before I actually get to my question - so I apologize. I’m getting married next year (exact date TBD, but May/June most likely) and I’ve already chosen my sister as my...

Cara, Yesterday at 9:46 AM 6 214