Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Merline
rsvp deadline
Merline, on January 21, 2020 at 2:59 PM

Our RSVP deadline is this Saturday and about a third of the guest have not RSVP'd. Just wondering if anyone did not go out their way to remind guest of their deadline? We are thinking about only...

KAREN, 4 hours ago 27 272
Mandi
Gifts, Thank Yous, and Stop Making Me Buy Crap.
Mandi, Yesterday at 1:11 AM

Who all am I supposed to buy gifts for? Every time I turn around, I see a new person that I might supposed to be gifting. Got some cute toys for the flower girls and ringbearers. Awesome. Wine...

Canadiangal, Yesterday at 2:46 PM 16 2 222
Neeva
rsvp laugh
Neeva, Today at 8:21 PM

Guys people are so bold. Addressed the invitation to Mrs. & Mrs. Blank. Online RSVP- so when they type in their name it says a max guest count of 2. They RSVP for 2. Then in the food selection...

Chrysta, 4 minutes ago 9 65
Christina
Online rsvp
Christina, Today at 6:53 PM

So I am doing online RSVP because I feel like it will help me be organized! But my mom thinks I should Give the option RSVP and mailing in RSVP. 1. Do you think she’s right ? 2. Is it okay to not...

Josephine, 38 minutes ago 7 44
Nicole
Need advice with work
Nicole, Yesterday at 8:12 PM

Ladies, I really need some advice. I'm a manager at a dealership, I've been there 5 years and I've always worked my butt off. For the past 3 years, I've given up my summers and missed very important...

Suzie, An hour ago 8 1 210
Shela
Inviting children: Bending the rules
Shela, Today at 6:16 PM

Hello! I have been estranged from one side of my family since I was 8 years old. I want to invite them to my wedding because they're still technically family, but I have an issue. My SO's family...

Hermione, 2 hours ago 3 69
Margo
Am i being Selfish / Wrong
Margo, Today at 11:48 AM

My fiancée and I got engaged last May (2019) and for his proposal it was extremely important he include his son (from 1st marriage) in the proposal. We wanted / want to plan our wedding date around...

Jeanie, 2 hours ago 31 412
Nerissa
Bridesmaids Gifts
Nerissa, Today at 1:39 AM

When do you give your bridesmaids their gifts? I’m gifting mine robes and their jewelry. I’m having a destination wedding so don’t really want to lug all that with me. They’re taking me to Napa a few...

Nerissa, 2 hours ago 8 76
C
How to address save the dates for three people?
Clair, Today at 7:07 AM

I have my best friends mom, her boyfriend and her younger brother that all live under one household, and all three have different last names. How would you address that for save the date?

Cristy, 2 hours ago 13 119
R
Bridesmaid question
Raquel, Today at 3:37 PM

So I have a few friends that I’ve known and been close to for nearly two decades. I never really wanted a giant bridal party and imagined these 3 girls would be my bridesmaids and maid of honor. Well...

Kristen, 2 hours ago 5 89
Baker
Dress Code
Baker, on January 7, 2020 at 3:53 AM

Hi, I'm Baker! My question is: How do I get my guest to dress formal for my wedding? My immediate family dresses up all the time for events and themed parties. However, my cousins and the groom's...

Courtney, 3 hours ago 78 4 2,078
Abby
No Gift or Card from Groom's Parents or Family?
Abby, Today at 1:03 PM

Hi all, My wedding was a few months ago but I can't help but continue to think about this. My parents paid for my entire wedding, which was very gracious of them and I'm incredibly thankful for it. My...

Veronica, 3 hours ago 10 1 210
Natalie
Help: Sister is making things difficult
Natalie, on December 9, 2019 at 9:37 PM

So my best friend is planning my bachelorette party. She’s got everyone in a group chat and has done a great job so far getting everything organized. My sister, who is my matron of honor, will have...

Judith, 3 hours ago 6 178
gratia01
Too soon for Save the Dates?
gratia01, Yesterday at 3:04 AM

(Sorry kind of long description ahead!) We are getting married on January 2, 2021 and I ordered our save the dates about a month ago because I had a coupon for Shutterfly that was going to expire....

Megan, 4 hours ago 12 1 134
Unicorn
Strange and sticky situation
Unicorn, Today at 1:24 PM

I have a girl in our wedding that did a secret shop and is already married. She's still pretending to be getting married , coming to my dress fitting to basically cause problems and complain about...

Deirdre, 4 hours ago 13 266
K
My ring broke and i need to vent!!
Kawanda, Today at 12:06 PM

Hi Everyone, Since getting engaged on New Years Eve, I have tried to be as super cautious with my ring. From making sure I don't take my ring off when washing my hands to making sure it doesn't hit...

Kawanda, 4 hours ago 13 251
Katie
Taking Man’s Last Name?
Katie, on January 4, 2020 at 2:17 PM

Hi all! I’m having mixed feelings about taking or not taking my fiancé’s last name. I’m someone who strongly believes traditions should be questioned, and I won’t do something just because it’s the...

Megan, 4 hours ago 41 464
Chen
Help!
Chen, Yesterday at 1:00 PM

Hey ladies! I’ve a got a question...so I have friend who’s getting marrying this year in late fall and I’m getting married next year fall. She’s my maid of honor and I’m one of her bridesmaids. She...

Jennifer, 5 hours ago 15 203
Monica
Bouquet and Boutonniere
Monica, Yesterday at 7:26 PM

I'm clueless about who is supposed to buy the bridesmaids and Groomsmens flowers. Please let me know how you handled that. Ty!

KAREN, 5 hours ago 9 51
Theresa
I don't think my FMIL has much respect for my decisions!
Theresa, on February 19, 2010 at 11:49 AM

At the beginning of this week there was all this drama with FH's family not being happy with him not showing up to family parties lately (i.e kids bday parties) and I felt like they were blaming me...

Blag, 5 hours ago 40 18
Start a discussion
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics