Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
Wearing a ring 24/7?
Natalia, on August 21, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Hello all!I’m not sure if this is the proper group for this discussion. However, I wanted to know if you ladies and/or gents wear your engagement rings all the time. Recently, I was made to feel bad,...

Jenny, Yesterday at 11:37 PM 262 3 1,956
First Look?
Stephanie, on August 21, 2019 at 9:06 AM

Just curious what everyone thinks about a "First Look". Are you all seeing your FH for a first look or waiting for him to see you coming down the aisle? I've always been one to want to wait for him to...

Chrissy, Yesterday at 11:33 PM 73 579
Parents names on the invitations
Katelyn, on August 19, 2019 at 6:23 PM

So, my mom is doing the favors for my wedding and while we were discussing the wedding favors we got onto the topic of the invites. My fiancé and I already picked out our invites and are getting ready...

Katelyn, Aug 21, 2019 43 1 603
Buffet style
Macy, Yesterday at 7:07 PM

Hey everyone! My fellow buffet style dinner brides are you putting your silverware in you place setting or making something cute and letting them grab it when they get their food?

Macy, 11 minutes ago 11 88
Flash mob etiquette and advise Urgent!!!
Rasha, Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Hello all, I would like to get your opinion for a wedding on August 30th!I'm the sister and maid of honor for the bride to be ready who is getting married in a week. I'm planning a surprise flash mob...

Jessica, 27 minutes ago 1 65
Adults only reception
Paulette, Yesterday at 5:17 PM

I'm having an issue within myself. My FH and I agreed on an adults only wedding. However, we have 6 kids in the wedding. These children will be at the reception because of that fact. How would you/did...

Andrea, 42 minutes ago 10 140
Cant pay for wedding that is only 40 days away!
Gabrielle, Yesterday at 4:57 PM

So my father was paying for our wedding and deposits have been payed, invitations are already out for delivery and now he cannot afford to pay for the rest of our expenses. My sister has multiple...

Andrea, 45 minutes ago 10 389
Boudoir Photos
Katie, Yesterday at 4:11 PM

**Not sure if this is the right form but it is "advice" so I'm going with it**For those of you who are on the fence about doing a boudoir photoshoot I just want to say go for it! My photographer just...

, 48 minutes ago 29 431
Do i have to include my other sister??
Jamie, Yesterday at 1:54 PM

Ok so here we go. My two best friends happen to be my twin sister (matron of honor) and my other sister (maid of honor). I am only having them in the wedding party and my fiancé is having only two...

Andrea, 54 minutes ago 15 234
Anyone have a different name for “bride’s personal attendant”?
Bailee, on February 12, 2019 at 5:04 PM

I have two friends that are my personal attendants but I hate that name... anyone have an idea of something else I can call them on wedding programs & such? *ive seen a lot of incredibly rude...

Liss, An hour ago 44 854
Let's Talk Rings...
Krysta, on August 8, 2019 at 10:56 AM

I am very torn on what to do with my wedding ring. I am obsessed with my engagement ring but just not sure if I like my wedding ring. I have already purchased it, but I had to pick it out of a book,...

MrsV1027, An hour ago 7 147
Rsvp and registery
Kathleen, Yesterday at 1:26 PM

Would it be impolite to have a card that is for both rsvpand registery? I am trying to be solvent, and eco friendly. Plus, I have a wedding website for all that!! Thanks!

Kathleen, 2 hours ago 19 1 173
Should i tip the maitre d' / venue coordinator?
Krysta, Yesterday at 5:19 AM

Our wedding is at a hotel with onsite catering. The contract includes a 20% service fee, which covers gratuity for all the catering staff that evening (I asked). Two questions:1. Does the service fee...

Krysta, 7 hours ago 7 70
Wedding shower gifts? To expect or not to expect?
Melanie, Yesterday at 6:01 AM

My sis, also my MOH, surprisingly printed on the wedding shower invites that “the bride requests no gifts”. A friend texted me to ask if it’s ok if she does, with me responding with a surprise face...

earias, 8 hours ago 6 134
How should i notify my guests that i will not have a registry?
Kansas, Yesterday at 5:27 PM

My FH and I have lived together for 3 years now, so we do not feel the need for a registry because we already have everything. We are hoping that our guests just give us money ( I know that may sound...

Kelly, Yesterday at 11:39 PM 11 115
Seating Chart?
Lean , Yesterday at 9:01 AM

So, my dilemma is: Guest seating chart or No My fiancée says it will cause bottle-necking and it would take too long for our guests to find their names on the list, so he wants to do away with it…...

Lean, Yesterday at 5:47 PM 20 146
Dual language invitations?
Karla, on August 21, 2019 at 9:37 PM

So I am 50% Caucasian & 50% Mexican. 90% of my Mexican side of the family does not speak any English at all. So I was thinking to make my invitations one side English the other side Spanish. Now,...

Jenna, Yesterday at 5:13 PM 13 2 150
fh sister as bridesmaid
Amina, Yesterday at 1:05 PM

So I had asked my FH’s younger sister (20) to be a bridesmaid and a few days ago she texts me she doesn’t want to go on the bachelorette or be a bridesmaid any longer because of a fight she had with...

D, Yesterday at 4:27 PM 8 197
How to handle opening online registry gifts at bridal shower?
Kathryn, on August 21, 2019 at 7:52 PM

Hey Wedding Wire!If you're like me, you Google every wedding issue you come across immediately to see if some other (read: more clever) bride has already found a solve. Welp, I have a head scratcher...

Lady, Yesterday at 3:44 PM 5 94
Rehearsal Dinner Argument
Allyson, on August 17, 2019 at 11:36 PM

A close friend of mine has offered to throw our entire rehearsal dinner at her home and cater it for us as a wedding gift! I am ecstatic because when pricing out rehearsal dinners in our area, the...

Tamika, Yesterday at 3:09 PM 51 1,935