We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Marcia
Red Dress Etiquette
Marcia, Yesterday at 9:48 AM

The controversy of guests wearing red to a wedding came up on a different post. I had never heard about a rule against guests wearing red, so I googled it and got conflicting advice--some said...

Roane, An hour ago 24 273
D
Gift bag for hotel or no
Daniel, on August 2, 2020 at 9:24 AM

So what does one include in a gift bag for the hotel for people staying there. Or do you even have to do one need some ideas but not fully sure what to do I know that the wedding favors or bonbonniere...

Daniel, Yesterday at 9:54 AM 39 258
Cori
Bridal party.
Cori, on July 29, 2020 at 2:16 AM

Does the significant other of someone already in the wedding have to be in it too? The

Breanna, Jul 31, 2020 49 653
Grace
Gift Ideas for a Friend Officiant
Grace, Today at 11:50 AM

We have a big wedding planned and all set for September 19, 2020 in Long Island, NY that is postponed to April 24, 2021. So, we have decided to do a minimony to keep our original date at the local...

Julie, A minute ago 1 17
K
My Brothers wedding is right after mine
Katie, Today at 11:35 AM

So I got engaged in June and we are having our wedding on September 5th in Utah. We live in Maryland and my parents/grandma live in Colorado and my fiancé’s family is all in Utah. My little brother...

Leanne, 10 minutes ago 7 86
S
Bridal shower rant
Sarah, Today at 12:40 PM

Due to recent financial hardship, my fiance and I have decided to have a micro wedding with just immediate family (15 guests). I was reading that you should never invite anyone to a bridal shower if...

Melle, 16 minutes ago 1 23
V
Elopement/future celebration/vow renewal
VICTORIA, Yesterday at 9:33 PM

Hi all! So, as with many others, FH and I have had to postpone our wedding. While NY has been opening, the guidelines would not allow us the wedding we planned. So we postponed to June 2021. That...

Rebecca, An hour ago 7 80
J
Return Address for Std's and Invitations
Jessica, Yesterday at 3:45 PM

My fiance and I do not live together, nor will we until we get married. I am probably overthinking this a lot, but I'm not sure how to write the return address. I did some searching and I could do...

Taran, An hour ago 11 89
Michelle
Should We Invite our Family and Friends?
Michelle, Today at 2:46 AM

Hello! I hope everyone is hanging in there. My (now) husband and I were suppose to get married on 4/25/2020. We postponed it until 10/10/2020 and last week made the tough decision just to cancel it....

Michelle, An hour ago 4 111
Kacci
How long should you know your bridesmaid’s for?
Kacci, Today at 12:09 AM

Is it stupid to ask someone to be your bridesmaid after only knowing them for a year?

Kacci, 2 hours ago 14 115
Alyson
Are Evites tacky ??
Alyson, on July 24, 2020 at 4:37 PM

What is the etiquette on evites? I really want to use an electronic invitation because of how easy they are .. I was wondering if anyone has used them for their wedding or do you think they are too...

Kristi, 3 hours ago 31 425 1
Kristi
Bridal Party?
Kristi, on August 1, 2020 at 10:07 AM

So due to all the unknowns with covid 19 we have decided to elope and have a reception when we return. We plan on our reception to go as it would if it were immediately following the ceremony. We...

Kristi, 4 hours ago 7 108
Charlene
Plus 1
Charlene, Yesterday at 8:38 AM

Plain and simple, do I have to let everyone bring a plus one? My mil said I should only let married couples and people in long term relationships bring plus ones, also those elderly who may need a...

Katie, 5 hours ago 27 221
Claudia
Do i have to let my guests know there will be no wedding this year?
Claudia, on July 16, 2020 at 2:04 AM

My wedding date is October 10, 2020. We ordered and received our invites about 4 mos before the date (in late June/early July), but we literally on the 90 day mark decided to postpone. So we did not...

Claudia, 9 hours ago 56 1,011 1
Megan
Mini ceremony invites
Megan, on July 31, 2020 at 7:55 PM

So we officially postponed our big wedding to next year, but are still going to get married this year. We are planning on invited about 30 people.m which consists of our immediate family and wedding...

Suzie, Yesterday at 9:00 PM 4 70
Kayla
Covid Insert
Kayla, on July 30, 2020 at 1:50 PM

I'm sure all of us who have recently sent our or are getting ready to send out invites have dealt with this same issue. What, if anything, did you put on your invite or detail card about Covid? I feel...

Suzie, Yesterday at 8:57 PM 9 154
Rachel
Best Man’s gf is my employee do i invite her?
Rachel, Yesterday at 1:32 AM

This is a long and complicated dynamic, nothing in an etiquette book really tells me what do do. Fiancé and I have differing opinions but he ultimately says it’s my choice. I met my fiancé at work...

Suzie, Yesterday at 8:43 PM 26 278
C
Spouses of the Bridal Party
Claire, on March 12, 2016 at 6:15 PM

I may or may not have already seen or read anything in this regard, but some of the wives of the groomsmen I have only met once. Honestly, I may not even know their names. Do I invite them to...

Shelby, Yesterday at 7:11 PM 40 1,171
KristenMeowza
My parents don't want to sit with FMIL
KristenMeowza, on July 22, 2014 at 4:00 PM

I told my mom that I have her at a table with FMIL and assorted relatives and friends from both sides at the reception and she said WHY??? She thinks she should sit with her own family and friends...

Queen Cone, Yesterday at 7:02 PM 18 63
T
Suggestions For Thank You Messages
TANIA-LYNN, Yesterday at 3:08 PM

So we are looking into sending out thank you cards, but are unsure of what to "thank" in regards to cash and checks. I don't want to just write "Hey, thanks for the cash!" and sound greedy. Any ideas...

Suzie, Yesterday at 6:52 PM 5 72 1
Start a discussion