Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Suzann
Missing wedding gift
Suzann, on January 19, 2022 at 3:29 PM

Hello All, I need some advice on what to do with a sticky situation. A couple who attended our wedding did not give a gift. It's now been almost three months after my wedding and I'm sending out my...

, Jan 20, 2022 17 435 1
M
How to politely ask Mother to cut back on invited friends?
Morgan, on January 18, 2022 at 3:22 PM

I’m recently engaged and we are in the very early stages of planning. My parents have very generously offered to pay for the wedding. We had originally intended the guest count to be around the...

Taylor, Jan 18, 2022 9 222
Beckie
Maybe on a rsvp
Beckie, on January 17, 2022 at 3:24 PM

We have guests reaching out to us stating that someone in their party is a maybe...We put our date out to this group of people one month shy of a year of what the deadline date is for RSVPs so they...

Beckie, Jan 17, 2022 11 233
Destanee
Venue Coordinator Help
Destanee, Yesterday at 3:18 PM

Hello! I just wanted some advice here. I am getting married on 5/20/2022 and having a reception at a rooftop bar. This venue is all inclusive except for my decorations, florals, and whatever I would...

Bird, An hour ago 4 78
E
Accommodate Officiant?
Elly, Today at 8:32 AM

This one in a little tricky, and I would like to know everyone's thoughts: My officiant is a friend of mine who is active duty and serves on the other side of the country. Most of our guests will be...

Michelle, 2 hours ago 5 89
S
Wedding or Engagement Gift?
Sara, Yesterday at 4:29 PM

I got engaged August 2021 and am getting married September 2022. It is now January 2022 and I had something from my registry arrive. Do I think them for the engagement gift or wedding gift? I kinda...

Michelle, 2 hours ago 4 63
Janelle
Small wedding - how to tell people?
Janelle, Yesterday at 4:20 PM

I have searched and scoured the internet for a good answer to this, and I'm not sure I have yet. My fiancé and I are very casual, laid back people. That being said, we are having a wedding only...

Cece, 3 hours ago 19 167 1
Caitlin
Kids Optional
Caitlin, Yesterday at 3:52 PM

So I am planning for my wedding to have kids to come (which I am so excited about). How do I put though that people do not HAVE to bring their kids? I just want to give that option of they can bring...

Lauren, 4 hours ago 10 180
Sally101
Mother Wants a Terrible Plus One
Sally101, Yesterday at 12:55 PM

We got engaged in 2019, to be married in 2020, postponed to 2021, postponed again to 2022. My mother was at once given a plus one (on the first wedding date), but we have since made major cuts to our...

Bird, 5 hours ago 9 184
B
Advice
Bjkjjjsisiejski, Yesterday at 5:22 AM

Ok, so would it be weird if I have two maid of honors, one matron of honor, and one bridesmaid?

Ladyray, 15 hours ago 6 84
Colleen
Tipping
Colleen, on January 19, 2022 at 3:03 PM

I am uncertain about Tipping. Does my day of coordinator get tipped? The musicians? How about the photographer? Please help. Thanks in advance!

Kristen, Yesterday at 4:39 PM 6 121
LuckyAK
Still bummed
LuckyAK, on June 24, 2017 at 7:26 PM

Did anyone else's FH not get down on one knee when he proposed? I know it shouldn't matter and I know it's stupid but it still really bothers me, just because I had been waiting for the moment for so...

Amber, Yesterday at 3:46 PM 109 5,473
Abigail
Bridal party
Abigail, on January 20, 2022 at 6:03 PM

So I was asked to be apart of one of friends bridal party who lives out of state. For me to attend the wedding it would be over 3,000.00 which I don’t have laying around to spend or go into debt over....

Maggie, Yesterday at 1:29 PM 11 188
Tiffany
Elopement weekend
Tiffany, on January 19, 2022 at 2:30 PM

Hi all! My fiance and I decided to elope in Vegas...and then we decided to invite some of our best friends (total of 5) to be our witnesses and attend our ceremony Background: We're all flying in...

Tiffany, Yesterday at 12:34 PM 5 105
Nikki
Nobody cares and I'm bummed
Nikki, on June 22, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Hello All, My wedding is in October and planning has been going really well. However, I've started to feel like nobody cares anymore. Nobody asks how things are going. I try not to overload people...

Amanda, Yesterday at 11:35 AM 34 956
L
Wedding Website Wording - Airbnb
Lindsey, on January 20, 2022 at 3:28 PM

Hello! I'm working on filling in information for my wedding website. I'm having a micro-wedding at a vacation rental house. I'm only inviting 12 people to the wedding total, and I have room for 8...

Elycia, Yesterday at 10:38 AM 9 136
A
Anyone doing silent vows?
Army Bride, on April 12, 2011 at 12:58 PM

My FH would really like us to write our own vows to recite to each other. I am not too keen on reciting something that I have written that is so personal in front of a large group of people. A...

Jacks, Jan 20, 2022 12 1,491
M
Vaccine Requirement at Wedding
Mariamc, on January 12, 2022 at 8:15 PM

My wedding is in Mexico in early April at a resort. I did a destination wedding bc my father is undocumented and I wanted my family to be together on my wedding day. At the time of planning this, I...

Jacks, Jan 20, 2022 8 200
Reina
Guest List Stress
Reina, on January 2, 2022 at 4:49 AM

My guy & I are getting married at a venue that allows 130 people. Our guest list is at 150 right now… Close family members are suggesting I cut people I haven’t had meaningful conversations with...

Jacks, Jan 20, 2022 31 717
M
Still Waiting on Photos
Melissa, on January 20, 2022 at 9:50 AM

Hey everyone! I was hoping to get some advice here.. It has been almost 15 weeks since my wedding date. My husband and I got married in early October. I received the previews of my wedding photos late...

Allaura, Jan 20, 2022 5 91
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics