Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
When to give a plus one
Amanda, on September 17, 2019 at 4:35 PM

So my FH and I have been redoing our guest list like crazy and we are already have a bigger list than my father (who is paying for the venue) is really happy with. We had to make a lot of cuts (i.e...

Elizabeth, 7 minutes ago 39 1 555
Thank you note message
September186, Today at 4:17 PM

We want to send our thank you cards out soon. I will write them all by hand. Is it alright if I write the same message to almost each person? Pretty much all our gifts were money. Thanks in advance!

Melle, 22 minutes ago 9 48
Guest attire: How much say does the couple get?
Mrsbdg, on September 6, 2019 at 3:37 PM

Hey y’all!Well. My dad is getting married in December 🙄 As planning has gone on his FW has really pushed my sister and I around and I’m curious if my hatred towards her is tainting my judgement (okay,...

Kat_, 25 minutes ago 194 2 3,929
Bridal Shower
Jessica, Today at 12:33 PM

Hi, I am looking for some advice related to a bridal shower. I was skimming through the discussion/forum and noticed that brides were inquiring about a bridal shower with a lot of responses saying it...

Abigail, 26 minutes ago 14 196
Wedding hashtag
Natalia, Today at 12:31 PM

Hello hello!For the longest time I have been pretty against using wedding hashtags for my own wedding, but recently I have been warming up to the idea. Now, I need help with picking one out just in...

Sharon, 33 minutes ago 1 16
Annoyed with bridesmaids
Amina, Today at 7:48 AM

Currently less than 4 months out from the big day and not one of my bridesmaids have ordered their dresses. We’re ordering from Azazie and a lot of people on here have said they’ve ordered close to...

Judith, 48 minutes ago 17 259
Wearing a ring 24/7?
Natalia, on August 21, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Hello all!I’m not sure if this is the proper group for this discussion. However, I wanted to know if you ladies and/or gents wear your engagement rings all the time. Recently, I was made to feel bad,...

Emily-Anne, 50 minutes ago 857 14 9,750
Does anyone else feel anxiety/dread when they think of their wedding day?
Rhonda, on October 30, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I know that sounds awful. But as I'm more of an introverted person, I am actually not that excited about my wedding day. I'm so happy to be marrying my fiance, I love him very much and can't wait to...

Mariya, An hour ago 23 5,856
Single Digits! Advice??
Heather, Today at 2:38 PM

We are at the 9 day mark. I can't believe how quickly the last two years of planning has flown by. The excitement is really staring to hit me along with the anxiety about everything going right. I...

Melle, An hour ago 4 33
i don't know the proper etiquette here.
Elizabeth, Today at 10:28 AM

Hi everyone! I'm not the bride or bridesmaid but actually the wedding singer!! Haha so I feel silly but I seriously don't know what to do in the situation I am in.My friend asked me to sing at her...

Sarah, An hour ago 11 176
Alcohol Etiquette
Kennedy, Yesterday at 5:50 PM

We are planning to serve alcohol at our wedding and wanted to provide 1-2 drinks per person before having a cash bar. What is the norm or etiquette for how many bottles of wine and how many kegs to...

Elizabeth, 2 hours ago 21 484
Bar input?
Kassie, on September 16, 2019 at 4:16 PM

Hi everyone! I'm looking for some input on what my fiance and I should do on our wedding. (Sorry in advance for such a long post).We want to have a bar of some sort, but it cannot be open. With...

Elizabeth, 2 hours ago 19 373
How to politely correct people about last name
Neena, Today at 10:58 AM

“Congrats! You’re officially a Smith now. Welcome to the family.” If I’m not taking my husband’s last name, how should I politely correct people? Should I not correct them or take this opportunity to...

Judith, 2 hours ago 23 238
Seating Drama Opinion
M, Yesterday at 3:33 PM

When making your seating chart, how much did you all focus on who doesn’t like whom?I know most people coming will put stuff aside to eat dinner then go party if they are near someone they’re not fond...

Melle, 3 hours ago 8 160
Guest List and bridesmaid Frustration
Cassi, on September 16, 2019 at 4:55 PM

Hey Guys! 26 days to go till I go from Miss to Mrs.! I am so excited! That being said I'm pretty frustrated in a certain situation and maybe could use some positive outlooks... lol btw sorry for the...

Jenna, 3 hours ago 30 760
Addressing Informal Stds & Invitations
Jamie, Today at 11:33 AM

So our wedding will on the more casual side. The ceremony will be in a church, but our reception will be at a botanic gardens with burgers/pulled pork sandwiches from a food truck, lawn games, and a...

Sara, 3 hours ago 5 59
Photographer editing
Neena, Today at 12:28 PM

I don’t want to embarrass myself in front of my photographer during our upcoming engagement session but is it normal to ask the photographer to photoshop the pictures to remove imperfections or alter...

Cher Horowitz, 3 hours ago 4 83
Elopement and gift etiquette
AMDN, on March 18, 2019 at 4:05 PM

I am not sure that I really understand or agree with the elopement = no gift rule of thumb. Isn't the gifting about helping the couple start their lives together, not an exchange for a attending a...

Cassandra7, 4 hours ago 59 1 3,047
Attend the wedding or the funeral?
Felicia, Yesterday at 9:50 PM

I am a bridesmaid in my friends wedding next weekend. However, my husband found out earlier this month that his grandmother passed away. He originally told me she is being cremated, and that the...

Christine, 4 hours ago 19 348
Should i Still Attend
Shadd, on September 17, 2019 at 9:45 PM

I was asked to be a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding ( the only other person is the maid of honor). I graciously accepted and have been planning a wedding shower with her maid of honor all summer....

Nicole, 4 hours ago 23 397