Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Vicki
Father offended at Wedding Invitation wording
Vicki , Yesterday at 11:46 AM

Hello, I just sent out my invites and my dad is offended he is not listed on them. My parents have been divorced for 25 years, my dad had never contributed financially to my life and hasn’t been...

Judith, 54 minutes ago 49 1 1,255
Erika
Tipping Vendors
Erika, Today at 6:29 PM

Who(vendors) do you tip at the end and what's an appropriate amount/percentage? Trying to factor in Tip$$ to our budget. Thanks!!!!!

Melle, 15 minutes ago 1 1 15
Brittany
Tipping Bartender w/ a Tip Jar
Brittany, on November 14, 2019 at 9:58 AM

Every wedding I have been to has had an open tip jar for the bartender. My fiance and I always tip graciously to these folks who work their butts off to make the guests drinks as does our friend...

Judith, 35 minutes ago 24 460
M
Does my future sister in law have to be a bridesmaid?
Morgan, Today at 4:42 PM

Hey Everyone! My fiancee is tired of me stressing over this so I've opted to get an outside opinion. My fiancee's twin brother is getting married a year before we are. I'm a bridesmaid in their...

Laura, 48 minutes ago 8 78
Jessica
How to tell the parents...?
Jessica, Today at 4:34 PM

Hello all! I am hoping to get some advice. I just got engaged a week ago and I am trying to decide how to tell my parents. I live about 10 hours away from them so it's not very easy to just drop in...

Andrea, An hour ago 8 109
M
Weird bridesmaids situation
Maddie, on November 16, 2019 at 9:54 PM

So I’m in an awkward place with choosing this one girl to be my bridesmaid. So my fiancé’s family has this girl that lives with them. She came from a rough situation and his parents took her in when...

Cristy, An hour ago 12 265
Aurora
Wedding Band! Help!
Aurora, on November 4, 2019 at 3:04 PM

I really love the idea behind getting wedding bands. However, I’m so picky and I’ve been to the jewelers three times and I can’t find a wedding band I absolutely love! My ring isn’t very large and I...

Sherry, 2 hours ago 19 265
Casey
Asking for money instead of gifts
Casey, on May 9, 2019 at 9:17 AM

My fiance and I will have lived together for 5 years come time for the wedding so we dont really need anything honestly. We are going to be building a house the summer after our wedding and instead of...

Ka-Rina, 2 hours ago 24 528
Vy Nguyen
Gift culture?
Vy Nguyen, Today at 1:45 PM

I just moved to the US and am still not familiar with how wedding traditions here work. I see that some brides give gifts to husband, bridesmaids, MIL, FIL etc on wedding day. Is it usually expected?

Lené, 2 hours ago 7 115
Morgan
Moved wedding date and state after sending Std!
Morgan, Yesterday at 1:14 AM

I need help on how to word the invitations! My fiance and I are from Nebraska but live in Kansas now. We were going to have our wedding in a small town neither of us are from on May 8th so it was...

Alex, 2 hours ago 5 172
Charlee
Small Orthodox Ceremony - Larger Reception
Charlee, Today at 4:16 PM

Hello! We are having a small Orthodox ceremony (parents, grandparents, siblings) in my fiance's home church. I'm new to Orthodoxy since meeting him, so the religious ceremony isn't as big a deal to...

Charlee, 2 hours ago 25
Emma
Destination wedding/etiquette
Emma, Yesterday at 5:49 PM

Hi everyone! I recently (6 months out) have decided to say forget all the wedding stuff, and invite our closest 40 people to a destination wedding in St. Lucia. Since were having a destination...

Emma, 3 hours ago 8 134
Paige
Stamped rsvp envelopes?
Paige, Today at 10:54 AM

When sending RSVP cards with the invitation, I thought it could be an easy way to save some money by letting the person invited stamp their own return envelope. Is it rude for me to send the RSVP not...

Meghan, 3 hours ago 6 94
Tracie
Inviting Cousins?
Tracie, on November 15, 2019 at 9:29 AM

This is long and a bit tricky, so bear with me. We're keeping our wedding small, preferable no more than 60. My parents are divorced. My dad has 3 siblings, and one surviving parent. I'm inviting them...

Hope, 4 hours ago 23 230
Antonia
Officiant was drunk .
Antonia, Today at 12:50 PM

So my officiant at my wedding was drunk is it still valid? Groom and bride were not drunk?

Jennifer, 4 hours ago 6 244
N
moh Backed Out
N Gran, on November 16, 2019 at 3:25 AM

Hey all. I'm looking for a little advice/support. My maid of honour texted today me saying she could not be my MOH anymore. She says she hasn't felt connected in a way that she is comfortable and just...

Lady, 4 hours ago 9 306
Emelie
Matron of Honor due a week before wedding..
Emelie, Yesterday at 11:26 AM

I’m feeling so bummed. My matron of honor / sister lives across the country with our family and just told me today that she’s pregnant and her due date is a week before the wedding. Obviously, I’m...

Lady, 4 hours ago 11 263
Rena S
Guests complaining about destination wedding
Rena S, on July 30, 2014 at 11:36 PM

We are planning a beautiful destination wedding . Unfortunately more than a few family and friends have been telling us that it will be " a hassle " to attend our wedding. This has been so upsetting-...

Uncle, 4 hours ago 39 4,523
Hannah
Brother’s Girlfriend Zilla?
Hannah , Today at 9:36 AM

Hello! I guess a back ground would be, I’m currently 18 but I’ll be married right before I turn 20. Our date is June 26, 2021 so we have quite a bit till the day comes. My oldest brother has a...

Erin, 5 hours ago 9 215
Natalia
Wearing a ring 24/7?
Natalia, on August 21, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Hello all! I’m not sure if this is the proper group for this discussion. However, I wanted to know if you ladies and/or gents wear your engagement rings all the time. Recently, I was made to feel bad,...

Betty, 5 hours ago 1,009 18 13,401
Start a discussion