Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
Moh/bm responsibilities
Kristal, on October 15, 2019 at 10:49 AM

okay so I've seen multiple places where people say that the only responsibility of the MoH/BM is to show up in the dress/tux picked by the bride/groom. When did this become the norm?Traditionally, all...

Kristal, Yesterday at 8:13 PM 39 418
Gift from wedding party?
Ashley, Today at 9:31 PM

So can y’all help me settle something? What is the proper etiquette for bridesmaids to bride? Do they give a gift, offer a card with money, or both? thanks in advanced!

Emily, 41 minutes ago 5 43
fmil hates the untraditional wedding!
Chelsey, on September 16, 2019 at 5:03 PM

So my FH and i decided on having a Halloween themed wedding. It's more my favorite theme than his but he thinks it would be a fun time and different, and he's been very supportive and helping me with...

Chelsey, 2 hours ago 18 297
Time Between Ceremony and Reception
Shannon, Yesterday at 8:41 PM

I really don’t want there to be a ton of time in between the ceremony and reception as guests won’t have anything to do. We are getting married in a tourist town so there are some places they could go...

Melle, 3 hours ago 6 141
Wearing a ring 24/7?
Natalia, on August 21, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Hello all!I’m not sure if this is the proper group for this discussion. However, I wanted to know if you ladies and/or gents wear your engagement rings all the time. Recently, I was made to feel bad,...

Braya, 4 hours ago 969 18 12,660
Parent discussion
S & J, Today at 1:28 PM

We got engaged last Sept (2018) and told my parents in person a week later and announced officially another week later. A few months ago we decided on a date and a budget between us. I went to talk...

MOB So Cal, 6 hours ago 5 160
Wording for ceremony only student invite?
Ada, Today at 5:27 AM

Hi, I teach Sunday school and I am getting married in the church where I teach. The Church is small and the entire program is around 20 kids (I teach younger kids so I have at some point taught all...

karen, 7 hours ago 5 118
Online Rsvps
Amers, on October 17, 2019 at 6:24 PM

Hey y’all! I’m planning on doing online RSVP’s. Originally I was going to send an RSVP card without a stamp and a comment at the bottom about the online RSVP option. Now, I’m thinking about only...

DANIEL, 9 hours ago 23 1 205
Gifts for wedding party , ushers, flower girl etc
Emily, Yesterday at 7:24 PM

What are you giving for gifts at the rehearsal dinner? Let me first say we have a small wedding party. We have two groomsmen and two bridesmaid . Then two ushers who are niece and nephew. We have a...

Tara, 12 hours ago 5 58
Copy cat bridesmaid
Nycole, Today at 1:20 AM

So I'm am looking for advice from people who are maybe experiencing the same issue. I have been planning my wedding for almost 2 years little by little and putting in a ton of effort for every little...

Tara, 13 hours ago 8 232
Wedding website and registry on invites?
Sydney, Today at 12:01 AM

Hi friends. Is it considered rude to put registry info and wedding site info on your actual invitations or should that be reserved for wedding shower and/ or save the date cards? I’ve obviously never...

Kelly, 14 hours ago 5 58
Save the dates for weekday wedding
Jen, Yesterday at 3:01 PM

So I was talking with a coworker and I said I was thinking of sending my save the date magnet with my Christmas cards, since we’re having a Thursday wedding, on October 15,2020. I wanted to give our...

Mandee, 17 hours ago 9 112
Update Email to Vendors
Tiffany, Yesterday at 2:10 PM

Hello!!Today marks 6 months till my wedding, April 18th 2020, woohoo!!I am wondering if I need to send out an update to all my vendors? If so, what do you put in an update email? Do you send them...

Nycole, 22 hours ago 6 104
Dinner at reception help
Jessica, on October 1, 2019 at 10:07 PM

My wedding ceremony is at 4pm in a garden, followed by a 5pm reception with room for only 65 people. No dance floor. Should I serve a full dinner or just cocktails, hors d’ oeuvre’s, cake? It’s a...

Lashona, 22 hours ago 11 229
Shower Etiquette
Allie, on July 5, 2019 at 10:13 AM

I really thought I wasn't going to have to deal with this, but here I am. I am having a relatively small wedding and am unable to invite a lot of people. Mostly second cousins in my family aren't...

Emily, Yesterday at 11:33 PM 19 419
Wedding band ideas??
Kaylie, on October 17, 2019 at 10:47 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any different/unique wedding band ideas for my solitaire diamond?!

Kaylie, Yesterday at 11:33 PM 34 296
Many Non-Gifting Guests
Karen, on June 1, 2017 at 1:09 AM

I'm hoping this post doesn't result in negativity though I know I run the risk of attacks here. The title may make me sound greedy, superficial and ungrateful but I promise I'm not. I'm incredibly...

BHP Oct, Yesterday at 9:33 PM 63 17,757
"Unofficial" Bridesmaid Proposal before the "official" Bridesmaid Proposal????
Kristen, Yesterday at 2:20 PM

Did anyone have a conversation with their bridesmaids before they "officially" proposed with a gift to make sure they are ready to commit to be in a wedding? Wedding parties have a big commitment...

Caitlin, Yesterday at 9:30 PM 23 1 205
My photographer wants me to provide food(?)
Desiree, on October 16, 2019 at 8:22 PM

Hey ladies, So I super duper had my heart set on a photographer. She was just wonderful, did our engagement photos and my FH and I fell in love with her. But her wedding packages were just out of...

Desiree, Yesterday at 9:10 PM 51 678
Contract - Service Charge/tip Question
Lauren, on October 17, 2019 at 3:31 PM

This is an excerpt from our contract and just want a second opinion that the service charge DOES include tip. After reading so many times, it becomes blurred and confusing."A service charge, currently...

BHP Oct, Yesterday at 9:03 PM 9 177