Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
Changing your last name? Why/why not?
Suzie, on October 7, 2019 at 8:37 PM

Hey everyone. I am on the fence about whether or not to change my name. FH is not pushing it at all, and in fact is encouraging me not to. His last name is long and complicated, no one pronounces it...

Laura, Yesterday at 3:11 PM 56 408
i didn’t ask my older sisters to be my bridesmaids...
Karina , on October 13, 2019 at 6:05 PM

My two sisters are indirectly taking to each other about me because I didn’t ask them to be my bridesmaids. They are both 20 -23 years older than me and we are not very close. I asked my two nieces...

Jennifer, Yesterday at 12:56 PM 33 476
No children please
Tranean, on October 12, 2019 at 9:56 AM

My husband and I decided we didn’t want children under a certain age at our vow renewal. What’s the best way to articulate this request in the invitation?

Tranean, Yesterday at 12:07 PM 71 1,009
Friend's Wedding
Veronica, Yesterday at 8:00 PM

My friend is planning on getting married on June 28, 2020 and the wedding is about 2.5 hours from where we live. It will be from 3-9 PM. Not sure if they are having an after party for anything. The...

Veronica, 22 minutes ago 9 138
Pre-wedding Ceremony Advice
Abby, Yesterday at 11:37 PM

So due to some issues we have family that will be unable to make it to our DW. So we are going to have a ceremony before we have our wedding. We have several reasons for having it before instead of...

Sharon, 34 minutes ago 1 29
Winery wedding
Jasmita, Yesterday at 10:24 PM

Hi all! We're getting married at a winery and are plnning to have either an open bar or partial bar. Any suggestions on how to advise my guests on driving safely as there are no hotels close by. I...

Lizzy, An hour ago 4 50
Yes, another tipping question!
Caitlin , Today at 6:21 AM

Our wedding reception includes all the food and wait staff. Believe gratuity is included in our bill. Do we tip extra? Do we tip the waitstaff and bartender separate?ceremony - at the same place as...

Caitlin, An hour ago 6
Wedding week stress!!
Adrienne, Yesterday at 1:34 PM

So my wedding is this coming Sunday the 20th and I’m having severe stress and anxiety over last minute things. Has anyone else experienced this and how did you deal with it? My bridal party hasn’t...

Carrie, 6 hours ago 10 115
Children at Reception (fiance's First Cousins' Kids)
Marie, Yesterday at 6:24 PM

Hi, I am planning on booking my wedding for sometime in 2021 in my hometown of Chicago. My fiancé is not from Illinois and his entire family lives out of state besides his grandfather. He only sees...

Caroline, 7 hours ago 3 1 64
Inviting Coworkers - Only Half Of Them
Jeri, Yesterday at 6:37 PM

Can I hear from some brides who invited/are inviting only a portion of their coworkers on their team? How did you go about it? Was there awkwardness with the coworkers who weren't invited? For me, the...

Caroline, Yesterday at 11:51 PM 10 87
Drive time
Jordyn, Yesterday at 5:14 PM

How far is too far to drive from a church ceremony to a reception?

Jordyn, Yesterday at 10:19 PM 14 119
i am my sisters moh and my boyfriend of 7 years isn’t invited.
Victoria, Yesterday at 4:03 PM

Hi Wedding Wire —My sister is having a destination wedding in Montego Bay Jamaica November 2020. 80 guests. My my question is how to deal with the fact that I’ve been asked to be MOH and my sister has...

Alejandra, Yesterday at 9:33 PM 22 1 424
Announcements
Kaitlyn, Yesterday at 1:34 PM

If im not getting married till 2022, should i do announcements as well. Or since its closer to christmas can I get away with doing them as a Christmas card? Would that mean i have to get my engagement...

Kaitlyn, Yesterday at 9:30 PM 4 52
Wedding party dilemma
Lakin, Yesterday at 6:33 PM

I’m on the struggle bus with choosing my wedding party! Obviously my closest sister is in it and so are my two daughters (yes this is my second wedding but first to be planned) I plan on asking my...

BRANDI, Yesterday at 9:29 PM 2 44
maid of honor Help!
Breanna, Yesterday at 2:52 PM

Hi, As soon as I got engaged I asked my aunt to be my maid of honor. I don't have any friends that I was close enough with at the time to ask. I thought I would love having her as a maid of honor,...

BRANDI, Yesterday at 9:01 PM 13 208
Wearing a ring 24/7?
Natalia, on August 21, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Hello all!I’m not sure if this is the proper group for this discussion. However, I wanted to know if you ladies and/or gents wear your engagement rings all the time. Recently, I was made to feel bad,...

Katie, Yesterday at 7:58 PM 959 18 11,377
Gift ideas for officiant
Megan, Yesterday at 12:50 AM

We’re having a quick and easy ceremony for our wedding, and chose my fiancé’s uncle as the officiant. He was ecstatic and has been incredible, but we can’t figure out a gift for him. He’s not the type...

Courtney, Yesterday at 7:39 PM 3 59
Plus one etiquette
Amers, Yesterday at 2:07 PM

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice on plus one's. I originally planned on giving all the single people a plus one, but we are getting very very close to our guest limit. Let me preface this, so y'all...

Courtney, Yesterday at 7:21 PM 8 163
Sending wedding invitations via email?
FutureJohnson's, on January 21, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Has anyone sent their wedding invitations via email? If so how did you do it? Any advice, we are trying to cut cost on sending invitations through the mail. Can you please provide some advice on the...

FutureJohnson's, Yesterday at 7:09 PM 20 1 2,875
Legally Married
Jacob, Yesterday at 3:57 PM

Thoughts about if you were invited to a wedding a year after the bride and groom were legally married. The situation is that we come from very religious backgrounds and we hate to disappoint anyone....

Jeanie, Yesterday at 5:39 PM 11 189