Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
Moh/bm responsibilities
Kristal, on October 15, 2019 at 10:49 AM

okay so I've seen multiple places where people say that the only responsibility of the MoH/BM is to show up in the dress/tux picked by the bride/groom. When did this become the norm?Traditionally, all...

Kristal, 2 hours ago 39 391
Time Between Ceremony and Reception
Shannon, Today at 8:41 PM

I really don’t want there to be a ton of time in between the ceremony and reception as guests won’t have anything to do. We are getting married in a tourist town so there are some places they could go...

Cyndy, 15 minutes ago 2 43
Many Non-Gifting Guests
Karen, on June 1, 2017 at 1:09 AM

I'm hoping this post doesn't result in negativity though I know I run the risk of attacks here. The title may make me sound greedy, superficial and ungrateful but I promise I'm not. I'm incredibly...

BHP Oct, An hour ago 63 17,707
"Unofficial" Bridesmaid Proposal before the "official" Bridesmaid Proposal????
Kristen, Today at 2:20 PM

Did anyone have a conversation with their bridesmaids before they "officially" proposed with a gift to make sure they are ready to commit to be in a wedding? Wedding parties have a big commitment...

Caitlin, An hour ago 23 1 162
My photographer wants me to provide food(?)
Desiree, on October 16, 2019 at 8:22 PM

Hey ladies, So I super duper had my heart set on a photographer. She was just wonderful, did our engagement photos and my FH and I fell in love with her. But her wedding packages were just out of...

Desiree, An hour ago 51 654
Contract - Service Charge/tip Question
Lauren, Yesterday at 3:31 PM

This is an excerpt from our contract and just want a second opinion that the service charge DOES include tip. After reading so many times, it becomes blurred and confusing."A service charge, currently...

BHP Oct, An hour ago 9 176
Gifts for wedding party , ushers, flower girl etc
Emily, Today at 7:24 PM

What are you giving for gifts at the rehearsal dinner? Let me first say we have a small wedding party. We have two groomsmen and two bridesmaid . Then two ushers who are niece and nephew. We have a...

Veronica, An hour ago 2 25
Who writes the thank you card
Alyy, on October 13, 2019 at 9:37 AM

Who writes the thank you card? Are you choosing based on who has the better handwriting? 50-50? Just the ladies because the guys could care less what it says? Let me know!

BHP Oct, 2 hours ago 21 176
Tipping Vendors?
ek825, on October 11, 2019 at 10:17 AM

What does everyone do for tipping? I've googled and seen so many varied answers, and some of them seem just so over the top so just looking for a little sanity check.My package with the venue includes...

BHP Oct, 2 hours ago 7 3 159
Immigration (canada to Us)
Kj, Today at 8:24 PM

Hi!My fiancé is a Canadian and I am an American. Just wondering if anyone was willing to share their immigration experience? M y fiancé does not have any type of green card and we have been in talks...

Kj, 2 hours ago 25
Taking the Save the Date back
Caitlin, on October 15, 2019 at 8:28 PM

Ladies, I need your advice! First, backstory- I worked with a woman who was fired from my office about 6 months ago. Not only did we work together for 14 years but we were very close friends outside...

BHP Oct, 2 hours ago 6 249
Wearing a ring 24/7?
Natalia, on August 21, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Hello all!I’m not sure if this is the proper group for this discussion. However, I wanted to know if you ladies and/or gents wear your engagement rings all the time. Recently, I was made to feel bad,...

Kierstin, 2 hours ago 968 18 12,616
Online Rsvps
Amers, Yesterday at 6:24 PM

Hey y’all! I’m planning on doing online RSVP’s. Originally I was going to send an RSVP card without a stamp and a comment at the bottom about the online RSVP option. Now, I’m thinking about only...

Mary, 2 hours ago 20 174
Honey Moon Fund
Alex, Today at 3:43 PM

My SIL started a honey moon wish fund without asking if it was OK. It's not something i really wanted to do we are not really that close should i be upset?

Alex, 2 hours ago 9 1 101
Anyone else not doing a rehearsal?
Natalie, Today at 2:47 PM

So we are getting married January 2nd. That means that the day before is a holiday, so our venue will not be open. My fiance has been a groomsman in several weddings, and always feels as if the...

Future Mrs. A 💍, 3 hours ago 18 170
Videographer
Amanda, Yesterday at 1:49 PM

Help! My wedding was 4 months ago and we have been in a battle with our videographer ever since. We signed together with her and the photographer. The photographer was great and did all we had...

Emily, 3 hours ago 8 121
Response Cards
Brittany, Yesterday at 3:07 PM

First off, I've done little to no research about this, but I am curious. Is it proper etiquette to provide the response cards with return postage? I know it seems cheap, but I was thinking of offering...

Emily, 3 hours ago 16 175
Dinner at reception help
Jessica, on October 1, 2019 at 10:07 PM

My wedding ceremony is at 4pm in a garden, followed by a 5pm reception with room for only 65 people. No dance floor. Should I serve a full dinner or just cocktails, hors d’ oeuvre’s, cake? It’s a...

Emily, 3 hours ago 10 216
Changing your last name? Why/why not?
Suzie, on October 7, 2019 at 8:37 PM

Hey everyone. I am on the fence about whether or not to change my name. FH is not pushing it at all, and in fact is encouraging me not to. His last name is long and complicated, no one pronounces it...

Emily, 4 hours ago 64 1 488
Tipping
Kaitlyn, Today at 10:36 AM

Hi all! I know that tipping discussions come up often and I looked through the discussions before posting, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.Our photographer offers a free engagement...

Emily, 4 hours ago 3 53