Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Jiamin
Is it ok to have guests sit in different rooms for dinner? (rooms are connected though)
Jiamin, on November 19, 2019 at 4:09 AM

We have only one concern of our favorite venue. (We haven't decided it yet). I'm not sure if it's a major problem and should definitely kill it because of the problem or we can accept it and/or find a...

Beth, Nov 20, 2019 25 1 296
J
How to invite kids, but also give the option of leaving them home?
Julia, Today at 10:48 AM

Hi! Okay so me and my FH are having a BIG disagreement. He wants kids, I don’t. And I LOVE kids. I’m a teacher and a doula. Trust me, I love me some kids. However, I don’t want them at my wedding. I...

Kristen, 9 minutes ago 15 175
Callie
Small wedding no family!
Callie, Today at 12:21 PM

Am i a horrible person for only wanting to invite friends. No family just our parents, the bridal party and our friends. We have a huge family on both sides and it comes close to 218 total guests that...

Judith, 2 hours ago 8 118
V
std vs Invitation etiquette
Valerie, Today at 5:05 PM

The best way I know to ask this question is with an example: Bob Smith, 50Mary Smith, 49Suzie Smith, 25 (adult daughter living with parents) Is it okay to send 1 STD to this household addressed “The...

Gen, 2 hours ago 6 72
Sarah
Bad vendor reviews
Sarah, on November 20, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Our wedding was last weekend and the ceremony and reception were beautiful. I loved my vendors and was overall very satisfied with the results. Our caterer, however almost coast us the night. Food was...

Kelsi, 2 hours ago 11 263
Amers
Photos before ceremony-rings on or off?
Amers, Today at 3:39 PM

Hey all, I'm putting together my photo list and hit a small bump in the road. We are doing a first look and are getting a good majority of our photos taken before the ceremony. The only photos that...

Amers, 3 hours ago 3 80
Amber
Bridal Shower Invites
Amber, Today at 2:41 PM

Hey everyone! So my wedding is 02/23/2020 and my mom has just let me know that she's planning a bridal shower for me on 01/11/2020. Today she asked me for a list of people I want to invite and I asked...

Amers, 4 hours ago 7 100
Rebecca
How do i say “no” ?
Rebecca, Yesterday at 8:02 PM

It’s 3 days before my wedding and a friend is dropping a bomb on me by asking if her 8 year old can come to get ready with all us adults. I really just want some girl time in the morning with my mom,...

Ashley, 4 hours ago 17 503
Imamanda12
Ran out of money? Tips for vendors
Imamanda12, on November 4, 2019 at 4:06 PM

Hey everyone! My fiancé and I have been struggling financially with the last month or two of wedding planning. He’s in the navy and went without a paycheck for a while so we had to budget tightly....

Shaneka, 4 hours ago 46 2 1,082
Danielle
Bridesmaids gifts
Danielle, on November 19, 2019 at 7:27 PM

Hi. Does anyone know where I can find custom plush robes. All I can seem to find are silk. I live where it's cold and winters are long I need plush lol.

Tamika, 4 hours ago 12 149
Ally
Reception food
Ally, Yesterday at 2:16 PM

I’m thinking of changing my mind on my food choice for the reception. We are having a casual outdoor rustic style reception after our ceremony with about 75 guests. My reception is at around 1:30 and...

Ally, 5 hours ago 13 169
J
First look with my mom?!
J, Yesterday at 11:16 AM

So tell me what you think of this idea. Long story short, my mom raised me as a single mother and is walking me down the aisle. I’ll be dress shopping soon and my mom is less enthusiastic about...

Cherry, 6 hours ago 13 143
Natalia
Wearing a ring 24/7?
Natalia, on August 21, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Hello all! I’m not sure if this is the proper group for this discussion. However, I wanted to know if you ladies and/or gents wear your engagement rings all the time. Recently, I was made to feel bad,...

Savanna, 7 hours ago 1,019 18 13,538
Sara
Setup/cleanup
Sara, Today at 10:18 AM

I plan on hiring a day of coordinator for my wedding. Almost every planner I have contacted states they "help" with setup and cleanup. I am not wanting my mother having to do any of this at all as I...

Cassandra7, 7 hours ago 8 108
M
Gift/welcome bags for kids
Michelle, Yesterday at 10:15 PM

Hi! We're having a destination wedding in Hawaii. My friends' kids will be there and will be 6 and 7. Since they are the flower girls and ring bearer (2 are twins), we wanted to have a welcome gift...

Jeanie, 8 hours ago 5 62
M
Inviting someone you don't expect an invite back from?
Meghan, Yesterday at 1:23 PM

So, my friends tell me I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be - you all probably will to lol. But basically, my fiance and I both have small families and a relatively small circle of...

Lily, 8 hours ago 10 215
Joan
Serving champagne
Joan, Today at 2:41 AM

My daughter is having having a non traditional wedding ot a beautiful river front vacation home. We are having a simple out doors ceremony and the a royal tea. Later that evening we are having a bbq...

MrsD, 9 hours ago 5 143
Rebecca
Tip vendors... day of or after wedding?
Rebecca, Yesterday at 8:52 PM

Do I tip my vendors the day of it after the wedding with a thank you note?

Cyndy, 11 hours ago 4 90
V
Tipping your vendors
Valerie, Yesterday at 7:23 AM

Hi all so my wedding is this saturday and i am curious as to what we should tip our vendors? do you do a percentage of the price you paid for services? any thoughts are appreciated. thanks soo much! ...

Valerie, 13 hours ago 5 74
Alexis
Who do i tip??
Alexis, Yesterday at 12:52 PM

I’m wondering which vendors are usually tipped at the end of the night... which ones did you tip and how much?

Cliodhna, 13 hours ago 3 65
Start a discussion