Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
Moh/bm responsibilities
Kristal, on October 15, 2019 at 10:49 AM

okay so I've seen multiple places where people say that the only responsibility of the MoH/BM is to show up in the dress/tux picked by the bride/groom. When did this become the norm?Traditionally, all...

Jill, Yesterday at 2:41 PM 37 376
Honey Moon Fund
Alex, Today at 3:43 PM

My SIL started a honey moon wish fund without asking if it was OK. It's not something i really wanted to do we are not really that close should i be upset?

Lauren, A minute ago 5 59
"Unofficial" Bridesmaid Proposal before the "official" Bridesmaid Proposal????
Kristen, Today at 2:20 PM

Did anyone have a conversation with their bridesmaids before they "officially" proposed with a gift to make sure they are ready to commit to be in a wedding? Wedding parties have a big commitment...

Jeanie, 3 minutes ago 17 1 107
Night before accommodations?
Taylor, Today at 4:16 PM

I live with my FH now but we have plans to spend the night before our wedding separately for my father's sake. (Don't ask, don't tell) LOL What did y'all do regarding accommodations the night prior?...

Cristy, 14 minutes ago 8 98
Wedding band ideas??
Kaylie, Yesterday at 10:47 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any different/unique wedding band ideas for my solitaire diamond?!

Lily, 15 minutes ago 32 220
Anyone else not doing a rehearsal?
Natalie, Today at 2:47 PM

So we are getting married January 2nd. That means that the day before is a holiday, so our venue will not be open. My fiance has been a groomsman in several weddings, and always feels as if the...

Summer, 20 minutes ago 16 130
My photographer wants me to provide food(?)
Desiree, on October 16, 2019 at 8:22 PM

Hey ladies, So I super duper had my heart set on a photographer. She was just wonderful, did our engagement photos and my FH and I fell in love with her. But her wedding packages were just out of...

Desiree, 43 minutes ago 47 615
Save the dates for weekday wedding
Jen, Today at 3:01 PM

So I was talking with a coworker and I said I was thinking of sending my save the date magnet with my Christmas cards, since we’re having a Thursday wedding, on October 15,2020. I wanted to give our...

Cher Horowitz, 53 minutes ago 7 67
Makeup at fitting
Don, Today at 12:20 PM

Did anybody wear makeup at your fitting, is that frowned upon trying on the dresses? I feel naked when I don't have any on.

Kim, 57 minutes ago 10 82
Period Panties
CourtneyBrittain, on August 1, 2019 at 7:13 PM

So I guess my body is still adjusting to birth control, because my period just came 11 days early and in the middle of my BC package. That being said, before today I wasn’t worried about spotting or...

M.W., An hour ago 21 341
Online Rsvps
Amers, Yesterday at 6:24 PM

Hey y’all! I’m planning on doing online RSVP’s. Originally I was going to send an RSVP card without a stamp and a comment at the bottom about the online RSVP option. Now, I’m thinking about only...

Shayna, An hour ago 19 153
Update Email to Vendors
Tiffany, Today at 2:10 PM

Hello!!Today marks 6 months till my wedding, April 18th 2020, woohoo!!I am wondering if I need to send out an update to all my vendors? If so, what do you put in an update email? Do you send them...

Emma, An hour ago 4 54
Table visits at reception?
Candice, on December 7, 2016 at 1:53 PM

Originally we wanted to do table visits during the reception but now I'm thinking it may take too long to do this. I don't want the guests at the last table to be sitting there waiting for us to get...

Jill, 3 hours ago 27 1,745
Where are my wedding pictures!
CourtneyBrittain, Yesterday at 11:30 PM

Okay so about two weeks ago I wrote a post asking if it was okay to follow up with our wedding photographer since she said we would have our photos 6-8 weeks after the wedding. I did reach out and she...

Cher Horowitz, 5 hours ago 11 220
Lost Wedding Photos Advice
Jennifer, Today at 11:07 AM

Hey all!My wedding photographer sent me all of my wedding photos and I was swooning over them for days. As I was purging which ones I was going to get printed into a wedding album I realized most of...

Jennifer, 5 hours ago 3 130
Tipping
Kaitlyn, Today at 10:36 AM

Hi all! I know that tipping discussions come up often and I looked through the discussions before posting, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.Our photographer offers a free engagement...

Jill, 7 hours ago 2 42
Etiquette for invites
Gabrielle, Yesterday at 5:32 PM

Hey ladies, so my FH and I sent out our save the dates a few weeks ago, and we’ve gotten several responses over text and in person from people who say they won’t be able to come. My question is do we...

Jazmine, 7 hours ago 20 361
Remarrying the Same Person and Invitation Wording
Simone, Yesterday at 12:02 AM

So, I'm remarrying my ex-husband. It's almost time to order invites and we're needing help with wording. Everyone coming knows we are being remarried so I guess we don't have to spell it out on the...

Stephanie, 8 hours ago 10 1 396
Reviews for ceremony musicians
Hera💙, on October 15, 2019 at 7:40 PM

I'm really conflicted on this one...I hired a string quartet for my wedding ceremony. In the chapel where I got married is a loft where I wanted my musicians to be, but I expressed my concern to them...

Sinéad, 8 hours ago 3 83
Tip the wedding planner for the company i also work for?
Emily, Yesterday at 11:51 PM

Help! About 6 months ago I began working as an assistant for the wedding planning group I’m using for my wedding. After my wedding next weekend I will begin training to be a lead planner because I...

Emily, 8 hours ago 2 57