Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members

Discussions

Sort by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Kimpy
What are some annoying wedding questions you keep getting asked about?
Kimpy, on October 6, 2011 at 4:57 PM

I have seen posts about this in the past, but it keeps happening to me right now! A couple times a day someone random will text, email, facebook, or call me and ask me something "crazy" about the...

Christiana, Yesterday at 9:57 AM 33 688
Jessi
Invitation Addresses - Mini Rant
Jessi, on July 30, 2021 at 9:56 AM

So this isn't even an actual big deal and I'm aware it's super petty lol, so take this complaint with a grain of salt. We just got an invitation in the mail to a wedding for some friends. Both FH and...

Jessi, Yesterday at 9:28 AM 16 243
Christina
Bridesmaid dilemma
Christina, on July 31, 2021 at 3:38 PM

So, my bridesmaid said that she unusable to attend Bachelorette party. She is off that weekend but claims she doesn't know if she will have plans. My Bachelorette is in September. Now I hear as of...

Miranda Landry, Yesterday at 2:40 AM 21 658
Ren
Bridesmaid Name on Program?
Ren, on August 1, 2021 at 10:04 PM

Hello, I have a quick question- two of my bridesmaids are no longer able to attend the wedding for various reasons. What’s the proper etiquette regarding placing them in the program? If they are...

Jacks, Yesterday at 1:10 AM 3 91
Kim
Groomsman can't attend wedding, do we still give him a thank you gift?
Kim, on August 1, 2021 at 4:00 PM

My husband and several groomsman are in the Army. One of the groomsman cannot be in/at the wedding due to training for work (Army denied his leave). If he won't be in the wedding, do we still give him...

KYLIE, Aug 1, 2021 6 105 1
Jessica
Dirty, Dirty Hands... Literally.
Jessica, on July 31, 2021 at 11:36 AM

To all my fellow brides with significant others who do hard labor as their job. How did you/ are you preparing their hands for your wedding? My man works with all different kinds of elements and...

H, Aug 1, 2021 7 142
Jennifer
Guidance on approach (long, sorry)
Jennifer, on July 31, 2021 at 12:14 AM

I’ve been struggling with planning since we hit 2021. I know (and constantly hear) wedding planning is stressful but since May the planning and excitement have gone out the window. I love planning...

Laura, Aug 1, 2021 10 372
Amy Louise
Do we still need a rehearsal dinner?
Amy Louise, on August 1, 2021 at 8:07 AM

We, like many others were married during Covid in a lovely backyard mini-mony June 2020. After rescheduling 4 times (God willing this is the last time we reschedule!) we are having our wedding vow...

Judith, Aug 1, 2021 5 125
S
Gift timing
Sarah, on July 31, 2021 at 8:23 PM

Hey all! We’ve historically given cash and a card on the day of weddings. However, for an upcoming wedding we’d like to donate to their honeymoon fund (basically a cash fund). It’s kind of tricky...

Vicky, Aug 1, 2021 6 116
A
My so had strippers ordered to hotel room by his groomsmen
Ashley, on July 21, 2021 at 9:35 PM

Really needing some advice: My fiancé and I have gone to strippers together before and so I told him if your going to a strip club that is fine just NO lap dances. I’m just not in to the whole idea of...

Rebecca, Aug 1, 2021 9 570
Marie
Is my gifting for rehearsal dinner getting out of control?
Marie, on July 27, 2021 at 2:02 PM

Wedding coming up on August 7. Ordering the bridesmaid and junior bridesmaid jewelry for their gifts (earrings and bracelets). Went ahead and also ordered matching bracelets for my mom and MIL as...

Mrs. Coakley, Aug 1, 2021 6 219
J
Maid of honor being a nightmare
Jen, on July 18, 2021 at 6:19 AM

Hello, so I picked my sister as my maid of honour. She is older than me and my engagement brought a lot of negative emotions up for her as she was due to get married a few years ago and broke it off...

Jen, Aug 1, 2021 32 547
A
Confusion about in-law's contribution towards wedding expenses
Amanda, on May 27, 2021 at 1:50 PM

In a conversation we had before starting wedding planning, my fiancé and I told my in-laws that we do not expect any help paying for our wedding, but wanted to know if they were planning on...

, Aug 1, 2021 12 360
Ciara
Gifts for parents of bride and groom
Ciara, on July 29, 2021 at 12:58 PM

I’ve been reading online that usually the bride and groom get gifts for their parents and gift them at the rehearsal dinner or morning of the wedding. I have asked around and no one has done this so...

Th, Aug 1, 2021 9 104
Elena
Welcome bag or no welcome bag??
Elena, on July 27, 2021 at 5:28 PM

Do I need to do welcome bags for my hotel guests? I’m a bride on a budget and really wondering if I can skip this… but I obviously don’t want to slight my guests!

, Jul 31, 2021 14 196
aHs
ASL Interpreter
aHs, on April 2, 2015 at 11:21 AM

My FH's aunt is deaf, so we're looking into hiring a sign language interpreter. We have lots of resources locally, but we're having a destination wedding. We're hoping one of her friends is able to...

Tracie, Jul 30, 2021 17 1,769 2
SHY
Mr. and Ms. addressing
SHY, on July 30, 2021 at 1:40 PM

Hello everyone! I'm going through our guest list and double checking how we've listed names for addressing and I have a question. We're putting Mr., Ms., Mrs. before their names, but do we need to...

SHY, Jul 30, 2021 11 131 1
L
How to cancel makeup/hair artist
Lindsay, on July 29, 2021 at 2:10 AM

I decided to cancel with my current makeup/hair artists after a trial that wasn't what I wanted (instead of feeling beautiful I was disappointed and couldn't wait to take the hair down and makeup...

Samantha, Jul 30, 2021 8 171
JJAF
Flower girl makeup?
JJAF, on February 22, 2018 at 2:52 PM

Is anyone paying for hair and makeup for their flower girls? In my opinion I think makeup on flower girls looks weird ... maybe because they’re still young

Arushi, Jul 30, 2021 28 1,782
LrNs
Uneven wedding party, so only some standing?
LrNs, on July 29, 2021 at 3:43 PM

My fiance wants his best friend to be his best man but doesn't want any other groomsmen. I am choosing my best friend as my MOH but also want my sisters to be bridesmaids. However, to keep it even...

Sarah, Jul 29, 2021 5 126
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics