Etiquette and Advice

Join  group

Manners matter! From addessing envelopes to wedding dress codes, we'll help you navigate wedding etiquette questions so you are ready to handle every situation with grace.

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
gratia01
Too soon for Save the Dates?
gratia01, on January 22, 2020 at 3:04 AM

(Sorry kind of long description ahead!) We are getting married on January 2, 2021 and I ordered our save the dates about a month ago because I had a coupon for Shutterfly that was going to expire....

Megan, Yesterday at 4:30 PM 12 1 135
Unicorn
Strange and sticky situation
Unicorn, Yesterday at 1:24 PM

I have a girl in our wedding that did a secret shop and is already married. She's still pretending to be getting married , coming to my dress fitting to basically cause problems and complain about...

Deirdre, Yesterday at 4:28 PM 13 299
K
My ring broke and i need to vent!!
Kawanda, Yesterday at 12:06 PM

Hi Everyone, Since getting engaged on New Years Eve, I have tried to be as super cautious with my ring. From making sure I don't take my ring off when washing my hands to making sure it doesn't hit...

Kawanda, Yesterday at 4:27 PM 13 277
Katie
Taking Man’s Last Name?
Katie, on January 4, 2020 at 2:17 PM

Hi all! I’m having mixed feelings about taking or not taking my fiancé’s last name. I’m someone who strongly believes traditions should be questioned, and I won’t do something just because it’s the...

Megan, Yesterday at 4:09 PM 41 465
Chen
Help!
Chen, on January 22, 2020 at 1:00 PM

Hey ladies! I’ve a got a question...so I have friend who’s getting marrying this year in late fall and I’m getting married next year fall. She’s my maid of honor and I’m one of her bridesmaids. She...

Jennifer, Yesterday at 3:46 PM 15 204
Monica
Bouquet and Boutonniere
Monica, on January 22, 2020 at 7:26 PM

I'm clueless about who is supposed to buy the bridesmaids and Groomsmens flowers. Please let me know how you handled that. Ty!

KAREN, Yesterday at 3:34 PM 9 53
Theresa
I don't think my FMIL has much respect for my decisions!
Theresa, on February 19, 2010 at 11:49 AM

At the beginning of this week there was all this drama with FH's family not being happy with him not showing up to family parties lately (i.e kids bday parties) and I felt like they were blaming me...

Blag, Yesterday at 3:08 PM 40 20
Catherine
No kids wedding?
Catherine, Yesterday at 12:40 AM

For those of you who are having a “no kids” wedding. How is your family taking the news. I haven’t mentioned anything to my family but I know they know I am possibly thinking of having no kids at the...

KAREN, Yesterday at 2:40 PM 16 168
T
Removing a Bridesmaid
Tera, on July 1, 2018 at 9:41 PM

I have a bridesmaid who is suppose to be my BFF but can't seem to attend any events I put together. She was unable to shop with the rest of my girls for bridesmaid dresses, she threw a fit because she...

Julie, Yesterday at 2:06 PM 26 1,080
Nicole
Inviting coworkers...
Nicole, Yesterday at 1:58 AM

We are paying for our own wedding. Originally wanted to stay around 5K for a budget with 100 guests. Everything is planned now, and we are way over at 10K. I've only worked at my job for 1 year part...

Julie, Yesterday at 1:52 PM 20 188
Taylor
How to include my brothers on the big day?
Taylor, Yesterday at 11:44 AM

Hi all, I have 2 brothers that are around my age but since my FH isn't close with them he didnt want to have them in his wedding party. Which at first was a big issue but now everyone got over it - my...

Melle, Yesterday at 1:31 PM 7 78
Jamie
Couple Rsvp’d their 2 kids
Jamie, on January 22, 2020 at 10:37 PM

I just got an RSVP from a groomsmen and his wife and on the RSVP they put their 2 kids. On the invitation, it was addressed with just the couples name. (Ex. Mr. And Mrs. John Smith). Clearly nothing...

Kari, Yesterday at 1:18 PM 7 299
Kari
Not using "gifts" intended for wedding
Kari, on January 22, 2020 at 7:25 PM

One of our friends sent us a cake topper as a gift when we got engaged, but I'm not sure we want to use it for our wedding. It's cute but not really the style we are going for. We are just having a...

Kari, Yesterday at 1:16 PM 9 1 179
M
Latino last name issue.. Florida brides, please help!
Mariana, on September 7, 2016 at 11:47 AM

Hi community.. I'm going through a nightmare with my name change here in FL. My husband is Puerto Rican where it is standard to be given both your mother and father's family name. When I showed my...

Alejandra, Yesterday at 12:56 PM 90 1 3,635
Concetta
Hotel stay night before wedding
Concetta, on January 22, 2020 at 12:02 PM

Has anyone stayed alone in the hotel the night before the wedding? I am considering this to avoid any family drama lol

Allison, Yesterday at 12:47 PM 15 150
Shariyahmom
ladies help Me!!! How do i pick his ring???
Shariyahmom, on January 22, 2020 at 1:00 PM

Im trying to decide how do I pick my fiance ring. Our wedding is in May but I want to start buying stuff now. The ring is major expense that I don't want going into the marriage.

Emily, Yesterday at 12:34 PM 21 183
Mary
Distant family
Mary, Yesterday at 8:36 AM

My son (from a previous relationship) his aunt just messaged me about being invited to the wedding. I’m already way over my guest list limit as it is. She hasn’t seen my son or I in a year or two and...

Caytlyn, Yesterday at 8:44 AM 2 105
Michelle
Would you pay for premarital counseling?
Michelle, on January 13, 2020 at 8:19 PM

I found my officiant and she’s awesome! She is in ministry but she’s a counselor. Fiancé and I aren’t religious or belong to any church groups so we aren’t able to get it for free but I’ve been very...

Michelle, Yesterday at 7:39 AM 11 133
I
Invitations
iris, on January 9, 2020 at 9:38 AM

Did anyone put their first names only on their invitations?? I just ordered mine but only used our first names. I’m not sure if it looks too casual or if I can even change it at this point, or does...

Tanyia, Yesterday at 5:26 AM 15 186
C
White on Wedding Trip (guest)
Casey, on January 21, 2020 at 11:22 PM

Hello all, I'm headed to a destination wedding next week and thinking on my wardrobe; I bought a few new outfits as we will be staying a week and making a vacation of it, as will everyone we know...

Judith, Yesterday at 2:46 AM 26 194
Start a discussion
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics