13 Reviews for Bartending by Mallard

House Wine (2)
Champagne Toast (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
12 Bartending by Mallard Reviews

Bartending by Mallard was outstanding! We had our wedding reception on January 28th at the Pioneer Park Pavilion in Puyallup and were very impressed by Bartending by Mallard. They did a fantastic job but what I really want to mention is that Scott Mallard was so helpful to me prior to the reception by providing me with great information and advice on what to buy, how much, and what people actually drink. If I hadn't listened we would've ended up with crappy wine and a lot of leftover beer! It pays to listen to a professional who's been doing this for awhile! Thanks so much Scott!

Profile Picture Jenny, 1/28/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: House Beer, House Wine, Specialty Beer

When searching for a bartender, I had no idea where to start but heard great things from our caterers and a few other vendors about Scott and his team. From the first time we emailed him, we were sold from his knowledge, enthusiasm, and helpfulness. He provided so much guidance on the the important bar details we knew nothing about: quantities, ice, tubs for kegs, etc. Our reception overall was a huge hit and I have to say that a lot of that was because of the bar! Scott and his colleague were so prepared and helped keep the bar fun and lively throughout the night. We really appreciate their help in making our night so amazing!

Profile Picture Alisha, 11/5/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cocktail Reception
3.1

I'm having a hard time writing this review. Scott was very nice and personable. If you hire him, I would be very specific and ask a lot of questions like tell him what the attire is, what the event is and ask the questions of what to serve at your wedding/event. He wore a t-shirt that says "who's your daddy", a Seahawks scarf and ball cap to my wedding which was an evening wedding and cocktail attire. I never thought I would have to tell a bartending company what to wear to a wedding, I would've assumed it would've been something professional. His employee or coworker looked very nice. I had quite a few people comment on his attire and asked if it was just a friend helping out. Luckily, I was very organized and had everything together because 3 DAYS before the wedding, he contacted me and told me what I needed to supply for the day of including what kind and how much alcohol to supply, what to keep it in and how much ice to get. I would think that would be something important to tell the bride and groom way in advance considering you aren't going to be ordering all the kegs, wine etc 3 days before.

Profile Picture Crystal, 1/16/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Cocktail Reception

Andrew was our bartender and did a great job. There were a few snags caused by our caterer but Andrew coped with them beautifully and helped salvage her errors. The small dip in "professionalism" category was not on Andrew, but the business owner who missed putting one rather important detail on the notes for Andrew. However it was an honest error and it was acknowledged openly by the provider. All in all I was very satisfied with this company and would use them again. (Although in future will hire /communicate with them directly rather than leaving the details to a third party)

Profile Picture Wendy, 9/6/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Bartending by Mallard was great! The value and level of service and professionalism you get for the price is remarkable. They are outstanding. They are courteous and personable so your guests will love them. Scott will prepare you for your event down to the last detail. Tell him what you want, and he will provide you with workable, practical ways to make it happen right down to which kinds of wine to get, what type of containers to serve from, etc. I would definitely use them again and I recommend them to anyone in this area to hire them. You won't be sorry! They did a great job and my guests all had a wonderful time at my wedding!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/24/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Scott and his crew were awesome! My wedding was everything I hoped and dreamed it would be and that is thanks in part to Bartending by Mallard! They are quick to respond, very helpful in planning and forecasting the event, very professional and so easy to work with! Thank you for your great service! I recommend Bartending by Mallard to anyone!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 12/1/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Awesome is the only word to describe our experience with Scotty and his staff. From the first phone call I knew I wanted to Scotty to be responsible for the bar at our wedding; he was confident, laid back yet professional, funny, and extremely knowledgeable. Additionally, he was up front about our needs for a larger wedding, helped us prepare our shopping list, and answered our many questions. On the day of he was prompt and was ready to help get the party going when guest arrived and kept the party going throughout the night with some creative shots which myself, my father-in-law, former teammates, and many others took part in.

Cheers to job perfectly done!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/7/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

> Scotty did a great job tending bar at our wedding at the Pioneer Park Pavilion last weekend. He is a true professional. . . and so much fun! He worked with me before the reception to ensure we had everything necessary, always quick to respond to a phone call or email. Having him tend bar at the party allowed me to attend to the food and actually enjoy my guests! With his help, the party was a total success. We wouldn't hesitate to call on his excellent services again.

Profile Picture Katy, 8/14/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I would like to say that mallard worked our wedding at the Slavonian Hall nearly six months ago and the experience was so gratifying that posting this review, even this far down the road, was absolutely necessary. He was a gentleman and a professional. He was on time, trustworthy from the get-go and a steal for what he charges. I dare anyone to find such great service and such a value. I will recommend Mallard to any and all I know looking for some help at a party. Thanks, man!=

Profile Picture sTEVE, 6/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

What can I say Scott, AWESOME JOB!!! Scott was on time, knew what he was doing and kept everyone at the party happy. I didn’t hear one complaint, and only compliments. Thanks for helping us make our reception at the Tacoma Sportsman's Club a huge success

Profile Picture Bette, 5/28/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Hi Scott ... I would like to thank you for the many time you have added to our events at the Gig Harbor Yacht Club. It has been great working with you. I am sorry I did not book you earlier for our up-coming Commodor's Ball. It will not be the same without you.

Thanks ... Dick

Gig Harbor Yacht Club
Richard Sapp
Immediate Past Commodore
April 17, 2011

Profile Picture Richard, 4/17/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Scott, you were amazing at our wedding out at Steilacoom Town Hall and your ability and willingness to accomodate us on such short notice was GREATLY appreciated. I could not have asked for a better professional/personality at our event....you were great with our guests, your presentation was amazing, your drinks were so yummy, and you were so creative and great about working with me on a "menu", and all the while keeping a professional, by-the-book committment to guest control and liquor responsibility....I especially loved your collaboration with us for our signature drink :-) Your price was amazing and unbeatable and you were so easy to work with and so hilarious as well, not to mention you were so great at keeping me sane and calm through the planning process with your great humor and your professional control and knowledge of the situation. Thank you for your hard work and relaxed and fun addition to our wedding reception....couldnt have asked for better! We will DEFINITELY contact you again with ANY need for a bartender!

Profile Picture Mary, 3/5/11, 1 Review