Rabbi Brian Denker

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$800 Typical Price

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$800 Typical Price

Rabbi Brian Denker is a wedding officiant servicing the New York City Metropolitan Area including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island and Long Island working with couples from all walks of life to celebrate their one-of-a-kind relationships. Rabbi Brian aims to bridge age-old traditions with modern love stories to create special memories that will last a lifetime.

Rabbi Brian Denker has extensive experience officiating Jewish, interfaith, LGBTQA+ (Same-Sex), and non-denominational civil weddings, among others lifecycle events. For truly personalized ceremony experiences, Rabbi Brian creates a personalized and unique ceremony for each couple, including welcoming to-be-weds to write their own vows, among one of the many ways to create a truly one-of-a-kind ceremony, committed to providing couples with guidance and support as they embark on a new chapter of life together. To solidify any relationship's foundation before milestone moments, he is happy to offer premarital counseling services. Though based in Brooklyn, Rabbi Brian is available to work with those celebrating throughout the New York City tri-state area as well as Long Island, New Jersey and Connecticut.

As an openly gay Rabbi, Rabbi Brian devotes much of his work and rabbinate to causes which support diversity, tolerance and inclusion. He is an active member of the International Federation of Rabbis, a Chaplain with the New York State Chaplain Taskforce and New York State Fraternal Order of Police and a preferred in-house officiant to several New York area wedding venues.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Will you co-officiate? GLADLY! But let me share my very personal thought on that matter…I completely respect and gladly serve any couple who feels the importance of having two officiates, and I have happily and successfully been a co-officiate. However, in some cases, the presence of two officiates could give the perception of a division of faith. What I believe to be remarkable, however, is when one officiate can blend two faiths, with grace and meaning, bringing a true sense of unity to your ceremony. Either way, it is my pleasure and my honor to serve my couples, in whatever way they wish to be served!

Can we create our own ceremony? Absolutely! I am your facilitator. You hire me to perform the wedding YOU want to create! I am your guide. I help you understand what each component of a religious or spiritual wedding entails, and you choose how you want to incorporate it. I guide you through the order of the ceremony, and to help you envision your wedding, exactly the way you want it to be.

Our family structure is complicated, how do we handle the processional? Many families today are mixed, and the relationships are often blurred. We discuss all the people you would like to include, and I have many innovative ways to include the people you love, creating a ceremony that highlights love and harmony. No worries or stress allowed!

How will you get to know us? I schedule regular sessions, and have you complete very in-depth questionnaires, so that I am able to really connect with you on many levels. When your guests leave your wedding or ceremony, they will feel as if we have known each other for years!

Do we need a rehearsal? Most of the time – no. Rehearsals themselves are rather outdated. Your coordinator and I will have everyone prepared as we line up, and each person will know exactly where to go. But if you wish to have one – feel free!

We do not belong to a synagogue, where can we have our ceremony? Anywhere that accommodates the number of people you wish to have! Most of my families hold their lifecycle events at hotels, restaurants, private homes, on the beach, anywhere you want!

We are not religious, but we want to include a few traditions that are meaningful to us. You are not alone! Today’s couples want a personalized wedding that reflects who they are, without the obligation of outdated rules and traditions. Our traditions of our faiths have beautiful modern meaning, and your ceremony can be whatever you want it to be. I support and guide you through the process by incorporating the meaning and clearly explaining to all your guests, so everyone feels welcome, and an active part of your special day.

What makes you different? Your ceremony is the most important part of your wedding, and it is of utmost importance for your officiant to set the tone for your event. I am warm, loving, personal, spiritual, dynamic, and flexible. I have exceptional speaking skills, a loving heart, and add lots of fun to your ceremony!

Also, and this is one aspect is very important that most couples do not think about - Unlike many other officiants out there who solely operate as a "wedding officiant" booking sometimes two or more weddings in one day, it is my practice to only book one wedding or life-cycle event on any given day. Doing so allows me flexibility in my schedule so that, should there be bad weather, traffic, the late arrival of a special guest, etc. by making your wedding or life-cycle event my only commitment for the day, I can ensure that I am able to be there onsite with you, completely focused on just you and your day until your ceremony is completed. Other officiants with more than one booking for the day are usually on a tight schedule, rushing to leave one wedding to get to another and are often inflexible in being able to accommodate the unforeseen that can arise.

• LGBTQ+-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$800

Which of the following are included in the price?

Premarital Counseling

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$50

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$150

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$150

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union

What services do you provide?

Premarital Counseling

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Methodist
No Denomination
Presbyterian
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

CT
NJ
NY

What languages do you speak?

English
Hebrew
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Brenda R. Married on 02/04/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fabulous attention to all details. A pleasure to work with

Used Rabbi Brian several years ago for my own wedding. Yesterday he married my mother for her later in life wedding. So special

Rabbi Brian Denker's reply:

Always a pleasure to be a part of and share in family Simchas. Love, life and happiness for mom to 120!
  • Rowan
    Rowan E. Married on 09/03/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A blessing of an officiant!

Rabbi Brian was the absolute perfect officiant for our Mexican-Jewish wedding! It was important to me to have a Jewish wedding, but my husband is not Jewish and did not convert. It was difficult to find a Rabbi to marry us, especially one who would not require us to commit to raising our children Jewish and have Judaism be the only religion around the house - a commitment that we were not ready to make.

We really wanted to incorporate Mexican tradition into our ceremony and Rabbi Brian did a stellar job at this - not only seamlessly incorporating the specific traditions we mentioned but also making other suggestions that ended up being total hits, like having our mariachi band play Siman Tov u Mazel Tov after we broke the glass! He was lighthearted, funny and kind. So many of our guests raved about the ceremony and specifically about how great Rabbi Brian was - and this came from both our Jewish and non-Jewish friends and family.

It was also wonderful to work with a Rabbi who felt closer in age & tradition to us than our grandparents (lol)! From the beginning, we felt like Rabbi Brian understood what we wanted and that he could relate to us. The entire process of getting to know each other and crafting our ceremony was easy and enjoyable. He broke things down into easy choices and decisions, was super flexible, and gave us many opportunities to make things more or less traditional where we wanted to. We also had a last-minute change to our ceremony that Rabbi Brian took in stride and executed perfectly and without asking us any questions, which was SO appreciated with all of the craziness of our wedding day.

We are so happy we found Rabbi Brian. It was a blessing to have him officiate our wedding. Overall, we could not recommend Rabbi Brian enough, and we hope to work with him again for future Lifecycle events!

Rabbi Brian Denker's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure working with you both and being apart of your special day. Wishing you all the best now and always.
  • illustration stars

Team

Brian Denker
Brian Denker
Rabbi

As an openly Gay Rabbi, I work with Jewish, Interfaith and Same-sex couples and families across all life-cycle events, helping to create memories that will last a lifetime while continuing to bind us to the rituals & traditions of our people passed down from generation to generation.

I am an active member of the International Federation of Rabbis and a Chaplain with the New York State Chaplain Taskforce & Chaplain Member of the New York State Fraternal Order of Police working as a leading voice and advocate for policies and programs of greater diversity, acceptance, and inclusion for all. It would be my honor and privilege to get to know you and share in the joy of your upcoming celebrations.

Best Rabbi for Couples in Love Best Rabbi for Couples in Love Wedding Officiants

Thank you to my colleague for his continued devotion to our shared commitment.

Mid Island Wedding Ministries Mid Island Wedding Ministries Wedding Officiants

Rabbi Brian is one of the most caring and professional people I have worked with. He meets with the couple and walks them through the whole ceremony and explains what each part of the service means. When you work with Rabbi Brian you can be assured of a professional service .

Crest Hollow Country Club
5.0 out of 5 rating , 25 Reviews

Brooklyn, New York Brooklyn, NY, 11206
347-201-2247
917-687-4880
Location of (Rabbi Brian Denker)

Other vendors in Greater New York City Metro for your wedding