2320 Guilderland Ave., Schenectady, NY 12306 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 75

About The Make-Up Lounge

The Make-Up Lounge is a luxury makeup and hair service based out of Schenectady, New York and available worldwide. Make-Up Lounge is owned and operated by Brittany, who is passionate about helping brides look their absolute best for their wedding day. Brittany and her team all specialize in bridal makeup and hair, and are professionally trained to do what they do. At The Make-Up Lounge, you can get professional, experienced assistance from a team that is enthusiastic about playing a part in your special day.

Experience

Brittany was certified by the Makeup Artistry from Austin’s School of Spa Technology in 2015. Since then, she has built a team of skilled aestheticians who are committed to enhancing the beauty of their clients.

The Make-Up Lounge offers their clients a range of hair and makeup services. Some of these services include:

• Consultations

The Make-Up Lounge 5
The Make-Up Lounge 6
The Make-Up Lounge 7

Denise · Married on 09/28/2019

Brittany and her team are a dream to work with

Brittany and her team were fantastic. They're very responsive leading up to the wedding, SO friendly and collaborative during the trial, will travel to you on the wedding day, and work so efficiently and professionally to make sure that everyone looks their best. I could not have been happier with way everything turned out that day - I felt amazing. And if you're on the fence about fake eyelashes - DO IT! I wear glasses and was so skeptical, but damn if they didn't look great and stay on for days.

Sent on 10/19/2019

Chelsea · Married on 09/21/2019

PERFECT Hair and Makeup!!! Great group of ladies to work with!

A+ experience, from reaching out to request pricing, to setting up hair and makeup trials (including my own last-minute trial cancel and a reschedule to THE DAY BEFORE my wedding!). The salon is super cute and my hair and makeup artists were really amazing. Jhori and Valerie both did amazing jobs and were super friendly, easy-going and added good-vibe energy to the wedding day :)
    MAKEUP - I showed Jhori a few pictures of the look I was going for and she delivered! Everything was literally flawless for both the trial and the wedding day. My biggest worry was the makeup wearing off/getting an oily t-zone, but I didn’t have to worry. The makeup and lashes lasted from about 2pm until 1am when I took it off! I didn’t touch up AT ALL the whole night and every single picture my face looks perfectly done, non-greasy, non-smudged (even after some happy tears), from ceremony til the end. Also, Jhori did makeup for my bridesmaids, sister-in-law, mom, and mother-in-law. Every single lady absolutely loved their look. THANK YOU!!!
    HAIR - I also showed Valerie pictures of what I was thinking for my hair. She showed me two different options and was really patient while we went back and forth styling to see what I liked better. I was 100% happy with the trial and she recreated it perfectly for the wedding day. Once again, hair lasted PERFECTLY from around 2pm to the end of the night and didn’t look super hair sprayed or stiff at all. Also, Valerie did hair for my bridesmaids, sister-in-law, mom, mother-in-law and flower girl. Everyone had very different styles (up-do, really short hair, long hair, flower girl braids, etc.) and everyone looked totally fabulous! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 10/14/2019
    The Make-Up Lounge 8
    The Make-Up Lounge 9

Jess · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing! Book Brittany & The Make-up Lounge!

I found Brittany & The Makeup Lounge through Wedding Wire and other reviews, and I am so happy I did. I got married at Stonewall Estate in Delhi, NY and it being a "destination" wedding (most of my guests are from NYC area), I wasn't sure who to book as a "one stop shop" for both hair and makeup. After reading wonderful reviews, I booked The Makeup Lounge. From the beginning, Brittany was a true professional but also personable and quick to respond. My trial was great but also allowed me to think about what I liked and what I wanted to change, and on the day of my wedding when I change my look *slightly* from what I received at the trial, The Makeup Lounge knew exactly what I wanted tweaked and my hair & makeup were perfect! It's like they could read my mind. Brittany made the entire process easy for me as the bride, with detailed pamphlets on pricing, quick responses, and showing up on time and even a little early so they could get set up the morning of my wedding. By far one of the easiest vendors I booked and a wonderful and beautiful experience. Thank you for making me feel beautiful on my wedding day, The Make-up Lounge!!

Sent on 09/20/2019
    The Make-Up Lounge 10
    The Make-Up Lounge 11

The Make-Up Lounge FAQ

• Does makeup price include false lashes? No
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Mult. Stylists, Salon, Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Coloring, Extensions, Haircuts, Updos / Styling, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair
  • What hair removal services do you offer? Waxing