The Make-Up Lounge Reviews

The Make-Up Lounge 6
The Make-Up Lounge 7

Erin · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing!!!

We hired Brittany and her team to do hair/make up for my 8/3/19 wedding in Roxbury, NY. I had a large bridal party + both moms, so she brought 2 people for hair and another 2 people for make up. All 4 of them were amazing! Every single one of us absolutely loved our hair and make up, and it held up perfectly through the night. They arrived early, got through everyone on time, and I couldn't have been more impressed with how beautiful everyone looked. Everyone wanted something different done with their hair/make up and they were extremely accommodating and helpful. One of the easiest vendors we worked with for the wedding. Would 100% recommend!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 07/12/2019

July 2019 wedding

Brittany and her team were very flexible and friendly to work with both before and the day of our wedding. Brittany-Congrats on your wedding next month! Wishing you and your future husband all the best on your special day!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Allyson

Allyson Elder Kastner · Married on 07/06/2019

AMAZING!! I would choose them 1000 times over!

I cannot say enough about The Makeup Lounge LLC. My experience working with Brittany was above and beyond my expectation for a vendor. Her as well as her entire team were kind, personable and professional. A fear I had the morning of my wedding was that I did not have time to do a makeup trial prior and wasn't sure how I would look. That fear faded fast as soon as I sat in the chair. The girls made me feel comfortable and at ease and even better, they made me look absolutely BEAUTIFUL. It was exactly how I could ever hope to look on the best day of my life. Myself as well as my bridesmaids received ENDLESS compliments about our flawless makeup and the Lashes that were to die for. I would choose Brittany and her team 1000 times over to look and feel as good as I did on my Wedding Day. I will forever be grateful!

Sent on 07/14/2019
    The Make-Up Lounge 8
    The Make-Up Lounge 9

Jen H · Married on 07/05/2019

Amazing Results

The Make Up Lounge was amazing the day of my wedding! Brittany and Valerie were super punctual and very easy to work with. Everyone's make-up stayed looking fresh all night and everyone received so many compliments! Brittany did a great job creating a natural make-up look! Hair was also amazing, Valerie was able to create all of the styles desired. I would definitely use the Make Up Lounge again in the future!

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Meaghan

Meaghan Martin · Married on 06/30/2019

Amazing Job!

Brittany is wonderful! She was extremely responsive throughout the entire process from trial to wedding day. As someone who does not usually wear makeup, Brittany helped me feel comfortable! Both she and Jhori did an amazing job with our makeup. We all felt so beautiful! Valerie did an awesome job with our hair, too. She is fantastic! I cannot recommend Brittany and her team at the Make Up Lounge enough- you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Ferguson · Married on 06/15/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Jhori and make up assistant, Jenna, came to the venue the morning of my wedding. I had 10 total people getting their make-up done (one which was a 4 year old, who was my flower girl) so it was not a small task! But they got everyone done in a very timely manner, and everyone's make-up looked absolutely amazing! Everyone loved how their make-up looked. As the bride, I chose to personally pay for the services to make sure that all of my bridesmaids had their makeup done professionally and it was well worth the cost! It looked flawless on everyone all night long. I only had to touch up my lips a few times throughout the night, I was worried about the areas around my nose as this is a problematic spot for me, I made Jhori aware of this and she made sure use a little extra in this spot and give me pointers to keep the area looking just as flawless as the rest of my face. I was so amazed that the makeup looked flawless from the time it was put on all the way until getting back to my hotel room around 3 am after going out after my wedding. Jenna did my flower girl's make up, she is only 4 years old, and she still looked like her natural self, but was also able to feel like she was one of the "big girls" by being glammed up! I really loved that The Make-Up Lounge offered this service. Overall, I cannot recommend The Make-Up Lounge enough!

Sent on 08/08/2019
    The Make-Up Lounge 15
  • Brooke

Brooke Weinert · Married on 06/09/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Brittany, Valerie, Jhorie and Kennedy were all amazing! They came out to the Catskills to help me and my bridesmaids get ready for the big day! They were on time, enthusiastic, and helped calm us all down. I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else doing my makeup and hair on my wedding day!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Carrie B · Married on 06/08/2019

Wedding Styles

Valerie and Kennedy did a fabulous job with hair and makeup for my wedding. They started promptly on time and managed their time effectively throughout the process. They were both very sweet and worked really hard on all of us ladies. Our hair and make up lasted through the night with much dancing and sweating

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Dallas

Dallas · Married on 06/08/2019

Couldn’t be happier!

These girls are such sweethearts! Had the pleasure of working with Jhori who was just incredible! She did an amazing job on me and my girls. I wasn’t sure about the false lashes at first and she was willing to put them on then take them off if I didn’t like them instead of just dismissing the idea. My makeup stayed on all day from 11am-1am and only had to reapply lipstick once throughout the night! I would definitely recommend these ladies!

Sent on 06/25/2019
    The Make-Up Lounge 16
    The Make-Up Lounge 17
    The Make-Up Lounge 18
    The Make-Up Lounge 19
    The Make-Up Lounge 20

Kelly Jamison · Married on 06/01/2019

Long lasting makeup!

We had 10 girls getting ready for our wedding, some of them who love makeup, but the majority barely wear it - Brittany made each of them feel comfortable and they all looked gorgeous! The offer of airbrush makeup is actually why I booked The Makeup Lounge, and it was so worth it! My airbrush makeup made my skin look even (despite a tough year of hormonal acne) and it lasted all night, through hours of sweaty dancing, and even into our brunch the next morning - I have truly never felt more beautiful. Brittany was very responsive to email, easy going, prompt, and fairly priced.

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/24/2019

Incredible work

Brittany and Jhori made my girls and I look like absolute bombshells. We got so many compliments on our makeup and how beautiful we were! They were such a pleasure to work with. Brittany remembered how I wanted to look a bit more natural the day of my wedding day and went easier on my airbrush makeup and I looked exactly how I wanted.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Christine Goodrow · Married on 05/04/2019

Fantastic hair and makeup!

Brittany did makeup for myself and my bridesmaids and did a fantastic job! The makeup looked perfect on everybody and lasted the whole day. Valerie did mine and my bridesmaids hair and they all looked so beautiful. Valerie did such a great job! All of our hair stayed perfectly in place the entire time! Everyone was complementing our hair and makeup. They both are very professional and it’s obvious that they love what they do. They made us all look great and I would definitely choose them again!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Maria · Married on 04/27/2019

Make up stayed on all night

Brittany and Valerie did make up & hair for myself and bridal party and I must say everyone’s hair and makeup stayed all night threw the wind, sweat and dancing they both were amazing patient and did a fabulous job would deff use them again not one disappointment.

Sent on 04/30/2019
    The Make-Up Lounge 21
    The Make-Up Lounge 22
  • Kassondra & Troy's Wedding

Kassondra · Married on 04/26/2019

Perfection.

Brittany was so responsive, easy going, and great to work with to set up my bridal trial (a must!) and organize the details for my bridal party for the day of the wedding. On the day of, she and hair stylist Valerie were prompt, professional, and did an amazing job on a range of makeup and hair services for all 8 of us that made each person feel beautiful and confident. I so appreciate them and their talent to get the look that you envision for the big day, and would recommend them to anyone getting married in the capital region!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Destiny

Destiny · Married on 12/15/2018

Love Brittany and her team!

The Makeup Lounge LLC is where you need to go for your services! After looking through endless reviews and prices of other salons, The Makeup Lounge was suggested to me by a friend who was getting married. I loved her look on her day, so I instantly booked them for my wedding! Brittany is the lead makeup artist and owner of the salon. She is the cutest! So sweet and so talented. I personally am very picky and specific about my makeup and I have never let anyone do it before Brittany. I was so concerned that no one would live up to my standards, BUT I was wrong! Brittany is extremely talented and does her very best to give you the look that you have dreamed of. After worrying obsessively about my makeup and hair for my wedding day, the day came and I was shocked at how well she listened to my concerns!

I didn't get my hair done by this vendor, but most of my Bridesmaids did. Valerie did such a good job!

I would definitely suggest them to anyone looking for beauty services at a more than reasonable price. Support your local women owned businesses!

Sent on 01/16/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria Fitzpatrick · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing !!!

Brittany is absolutely AMAZING! She is genuinely a nice person and an outstanding make up artist. She responsiveness is quick and she’s very professional, all while having fun (of course!). Having Brittany do my bridal party and my make up was a no brainer. We never felt awkward while she was there, everyone was laughing the ENTIRE time and she contributed more than making us look beautiful, she made the morning fun. I would recommend her to anyone. I promise you won’t be let down!! 😊

Sent on 12/30/2018

Samantha · Married on 11/17/2018

Makeup Heaven

After a bad makeup trial with another artist, I restarted my search and found Brittany at The Makeup Lounge. Even prior to my trial Brittany was super responsive and helpful in helping me figure out my look and discussing colors. During my trial I showed Brittany photos of my bad trial and also showed her photos of what I decided on based on our conversation online. I can't tell you how relieved I was when my trial was done and I looked in the mirror and everything was perfect. Brittany did exactly what I wanted and even more. For other events I've had makeup artists who have done lack luster jobs worse than I can do my own makeup or just not accentuated the right features knowing my face best. Brittany knew exactly what to do and everything was amazing. I can't recommend her more. She was super friendly and incredibly responsive. I wanted to not start doing makeup so early so we added another one of her team members to come do makeup on the day - Valerie. Both of their work was incredible. I can't recommend Brittany enough. I mean, the photos speak for themselves! I'm attaching photos from my trial (taken at night in a car with a light on) and from the actual day.

Sent on 12/14/2018
    The Make-Up Lounge 23
    The Make-Up Lounge 24
    The Make-Up Lounge 25
    The Make-Up Lounge 26
    The Make-Up Lounge 27

Jaime · Married on 11/10/2018

Stunning wedding makeup!

I am so incredibly happy that I chose the Makeup Lounge to style me and my girls for my wedding on 11/10/18. Brittany was such a pleasure to work with and does excellent makeup! From the trial to the actual wedding day, I was so impressed with Brittany's work. She listened to me and understood the look I was going for and totally delivered! I felt so beautiful on my wedding day, thanks in part to the amazing work that Brittany did. My bridesmaids, mother, and grandmother all looked stunning and everyone was so happy with their makeup. Brittany is not only an incredibly talented makeup artist, but she is kind, friendly, and so easy to work with. Her services are affordable and you will not be disappointed in the work that she does. I cannot thank Brittany and the Makeup Lounge enough for making my wedding day that much more special. I highly recommend the Makeup Lounge and their services!

Sent on 01/06/2019
    The Make-Up Lounge 32
    The Make-Up Lounge 33

Brittany · Married on 11/09/2018

11/9 amazing review!!

Brittany is absolutely amazing! I loved having her do my makeup for my wedding! She listened to what I asked for and did an awesome job. I had my makeup done by her a few times prior to my wedding - (engagement shoot, bridal shower) - and every time it turned out great! I also had lash extensions done by her which look phenomenal!! She is super responsive to emails. She and her team are very professional and they are great at what they do. Everyone in my bridal party loved their make up as well. I highly recommend her and her team! They do a fabulous job!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/26/2018

Professional and fun!

Brittany and Valerie are the most wonderful! I had the pleasure of having Brittany do my makeup for my engagement shoot as a trial. She was fantastic! Not only did she listen to what I like, what I usually wear, how my skin is, etc, but she also gave me a lot of professional direction. I decided to do another trial with her and Valerie so I could do my hair as well, and we worked out all the kinks and perfected my look. Valerie also did all my prep before the wedding, including eyebrow waxing and color/cutting my hair. She did the BEST color on my hair. I have very stubborn greys that seem to never take the color. She got every single one of them and I didn’t seen on sign of silver!! On the day of my wedding, they made the long 2 hour drive out to the middle of Vermont for me. They were prompt and professional, starting right on time. They had everyone done on time and even left a little time to have some fun! My hair was secure all night, without a hair leaving its place. My makeup was long lasting and I looked beautiful, all the way up until 2am. My MOH was so beautiful and so were all my family members. They all had such a great time! I would highly reccomend the makeup lounge for all your beauty needs!

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 10/20/2018

Great job, would highly recommend

Absolutely was so happy that i went with the makeup lounge, she travelled to my hotel which was a huge help and she did and absolutely phenomenal job. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Andrea

Andrea Livingston · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely perfection

Britt cares about what she does and it shows it with her work. She was patient caring and easy going. She made myself and my girls look great for my special day and I could not thank her enough. She is reasonably priced and literally worlds nicest.

Sent on 10/20/2018
    The Make-Up Lounge 34
    The Make-Up Lounge 35
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 10/13/2018

Everyone loved their makeup!

Valerie did a fantastic job with everyone's makeup and was very flexible about getting there early in the morning. I like that the airbrush and eyelashes were part of the cost vs. charging extra for every little thing. Would recommend!

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2018

wedding makeup

Brittany was amazing! She was very accommodating and fit me in for a second trial about a month before my wedding. All of my bridesmaids, flower girls, and myself looked amazing for my big day! I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 11/04/2018