Palmer Dance Studio Reviews

77 | Greenville, SC

77 Reviews for Palmer Dance Studio

Amy Henderson · Getting married on 04/08/2021

Fun and Flexible Dance Instruction

We really enjoyed getting dance-ready for our daughter's wedding with Palmer Dance Studio. Sue was fun, organized, and patient. And what a great library of music she has in her roomy studio space! We appreciated her flexibility when we brought along our son for one lesson, and shared another lesson with a couple of visiting friends.
    Thanks, Sue!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Amy,
    Thank you for your kind review. I always knew I would be in for a fun time whenever you and Luigi arrived!
    I am glad I could be of service to you both and I hope you get to use your new found dance skills at other events.
    I am always happy to share my love of dance with who ever my students want to bring.
    Cheers,
  • Bri

Bri Rae · Married on 10/23/2020

Informative & Hilarious

Sue is quite a character and so fun to work with! I can't wait to dance with my fiancé in front of our family and friends in 17 days on our wedding day; Sue was able to help him feel confident and capable on the dance floor.

Sent on 10/06/2020
  • Cassy

Cassy Natasha Robinson · Married on 10/11/2020

Comfortable

Avery and I had so much fun at every lesson. Susan worked with us and encouraged us the entire time. Her sense of humor was so helpful. Dancing is something we have always been insecure about but we actually looked forward to our lessons! She was able to choreograph a dance that was within our abilities, but also pushed us to new levels. So happy our paths crossed!

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Marissa

Marissa Calabro · Married on 08/29/2020

So much fun!

We loved working with Susan! My husband and I wanted to do a surprise swing dance as our first dance, and she did a fantastic job not only teaching us the dance, but making it so fun. We enjoyed going on our little "dance dates" every week and getting better and better at our dance! You could see the excitement she had in choreographing the dance, which made it even more fun to do! It was an absolute hit at our wedding and everyone was super impressed. We so recommend her!

Sent on 09/21/2020

Marissa,
    Thanks so much for your kind review and the wedding pics you sent me. You guys looked great together so I am not surprised that your dance went so well and your guests loved it! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of creating your perfect wedding day.
    Best wishes for the future,

Lauren · Married on 08/21/2020

Wonderful!

We had such a fun time learning from Susan! Lots of laughs and great instruction.

Sent on 09/08/2020

Lauren,
    Thank you for your review. I loved every minute of teaching you and Eric! Your lessons were always the highlight of my week.
    Thank you for the videos you sent. It was great getting to see you guys perform it in front of your friends.
    Happiness Always,

Natalie Bikulege · Married on 08/08/2020

Father/Daughter dance

my dad and I wanted to surprise our guests with a choreographed dance. Susan was amazing and helped us come up with a great dance! neither of us have any experience with dance and she made it very easy and fun to learn. We had so much fun together and I will cherish those memories forever!

Susan was also super flexible as I have a very tight schedule and she always found a way to get us in to practice. She even answered text messages when we had questions when we were practicing on our own!

I highly recommend Susan!

Sent on 08/31/2020

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Natalie, I'm so glad we were able to get all your lessons finished in time. I thoroughly enjoyed working with you and your dad. I was happy it went so well on your wedding day and thrilled the crowd! I hope to see your parents for dance lessons in the near future.

Erica Smith · Married on 05/30/2020

Mother of groom

We took group lessons for our son’s wedding, great experience! Instructor is wonderful and knows how to make learning fun on any level.

Sent on 10/06/2020

Luke Richardson · Married on 01/25/2020

Fantastic Teacher and Dancing

We worked with Susan for three months before our wedding and had a great time learning a great dance. Very much worth the time and money.

Sent on 02/18/2020

Luke,
    Thank you very much for your review. I had a great time teaching you.
    I hope you and Amelia will consider dance lessons for date night in the future. You're naturals at it!

Jennifer · Married on 01/18/2020

Book with Sue today!

I coaxed my husband into taking lessons for a signature dance at our wedding. In the beginning he was very reluctant, as most guys are, but Sue was the best teacher and made each lesson very fun for us both. we learned a tango that wowed our guests! None of it would have been possible without Sue. Sue was very flexible and accommodating to our schedules. If you are even thinking about taking dance lessons for anything, book with Sue, you won't regret it!! Thanks for everything you did for us Sue, we can't wait for our next lesson!
    Joe & Jenn

Sent on 02/05/2020

Hi Jenn & Joe,
    Thank you for your great review!
    The best part of teaching you guys was when Joe said he was proud of himself for being able to dance. You both really exceeded my expectations. Thank you for trusting me.
    All the best,
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/26/2019

Get your dance on here!!

My husband and I went to Palmer dance for our "First Dance." I didn't just want to sway back and forth for two minutes--I always get bored at weddings that have that. He was a little hesitant at first which I expected. She helped us pick through our top 3 songs to find the best one for us. We went to 10-15 lessons I believe over and extended period of time. She choreographed the whole dance and I loved every minute of it. The crowd at the wedding went wild! Not only did our dance look great but we were able to have "date nights" at practice where we were able to spend time with each other having a good time. Susan will quickly become a great close friend. If you're questioning if dance lessons are right for you I say do it! We hope to return in the future just for some "fun" lessons.

Sent on 11/10/2019

Hi Sarah,
    Thanks so much for your glowing review.
    It was always a joy to see that you both. I was always delighted when Mike would look doubtfully at me when I was teaching a new step and then proceed to nail it when he tried it himself. Thank you for being willing to try any crazy step I threw your way. Couples like you are the reason I keep teaching!
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 10/19/2019

We Love Susan!

I can not begin to brag enough about how awesome Susan is. We knew we wanted lessons, and had met with her several months prior to our wedding. It wasn't until the last minute that we realized we still wanted to do lessons, and she got us in for 2 the week of our wedding, and helped us pull of a great first dance. I recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Carrie, Thank you so much for your review! I was very happy to help you and James better late than never and very happy you that it went well. Please send pics when you get them.

Amanda Wade · Married on 10/12/2019

Made our first dance so much more memorable!

Palmer Dance Studio was great! Sue made us feel so comfortable during our lessons and she has a great space. Not only were we working on our first dance, but the lessons turned out to be a great date night as well. The dance at our wedding was a success and both us and the crowd loved it!! I would highly recommend Palmer Dance Studio to anyone in and around the Greenville area 😁

Sent on 10/18/2019

Amanda,
    So happy to hear your dance went well! I knew it would since you and Mike were very conscientious students. Keep date night alive--come back for more lessons!
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 10/05/2019

Best instructor in the upstate!

Sue is a blast to work with, she choreographed a dance specifically for our out of the ordinary song and taught us step by step at our pace. If she can teach us to dance she can teach ANYONE!
    We are planning to continue lessons with her because it has been that fun!

Sent on 09/13/2019

Brandy & Josh,
    It has been an absolute pleasure teaching you both! I really like that you were able to laugh at your own mistakes as well as my bad jokes and stories. I can't wait to have you back in my studio for regular lessons to continue the fun!

Sam Estrin · Married on 10/05/2019

Great for beginners!

Susan was a great teacher. I scheduled two lessons, one for me and my dad and one for me and my fiance. We learned a few moves to incorporate into our dance and felt very confident leaving with something we know our guests are going to love and be very impressed with! I would recommend scheduling a lesson even as a fun date night.

Sent on 09/22/2019

Hi Sam,
    Thanks for your review. I am glad to hear that I could help out with your dance and your confidence going into it. Once you guys are settled in your new life together, come back to learn some fun dance styles maybe swing or salsa.

Kiere Lee · Married on 09/28/2019

Great Experience!

Sue did a wonderful job setting the foundation for our first-dance!!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Kiere,
    Glad to have been able to help you guys. Thank you for your review. If you are planning to stay in the area it would be fun to see you again. I could continue to teach you in some other dance styles.

• Jamie

Jamie Underwood · Married on 09/21/2019

Choreographed Dance for Wedding Reception

My fiancé and I had such a great experience learning a choreographed rumba for our first dance! Sue makes learning a dance so easy and fun. Neither of us are dancers, and we really enjoyed the experience and feel confident going into our wedding reception.

Sent on 09/15/2019

Jamie,
    I so enjoyed teaching you both! You guys make a great team and I hope you never stop dancing. Best wishes on your marriage!

Chiannon Harvey · Married on 06/22/2019

Be fully confident on your wedding day!

Susan went above and beyond to work with us on our wedding dance. She gives just the right amount of instruction but also let's you take the skills she's taught and create it yourself. It was so much fun being able to surprise our guests with a choreographed dance. We plan to go back just for some date nights in the future. Thank you. Susan!

Sent on 09/14/2019

Chiannon,
    I was glad to be able to help you with your dance. I just know your guests were impressed.

Elizabeth · Married on 06/15/2019

The best! Made a girl with two left feet feel confident for her 1st dance at wedding!

Susan is great, very responsive and an absolute joy to be around!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Elizabeth,
    Thank you for your review. It really made my day when you and Bob contacted me about helping with your wedding dance. I was very honored. I'm sure you looked great!
    Thanks again,

Ryan R · Married on 06/14/2019

Fantastic experience!

We used Palmer Dance Studio to prepare for our wedding, and it was a blast! We had so much fun learning the basics!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Ryan,
    I'm glad you guys had fun! I was happy to be able to help you with your dance. I hope you will come back to see me for date night to learn even more!

Kristen Hopkins · Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful!

My now husband and I signed up for lessons with Sue prior to our May wedding, and we absolutely loved her! She was so much fun to work with, extremely patient with us (even when we changed first dance songs on her over halfway through!), and our first dance turned out perfectly. :) We hope to take additional lessons from her in the future - just because! I highly recommend Palmer Dance Studio. :)

Sent on 06/12/2019

Kristin,
    Thank you for your review. I'm glad your dance was a success. I really enjoyed watching you guys dance together during your lessons.Jason definitely had his own special flair with the dance moves.

Danica · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing! Susan is a wonderful teacher. We are still getting compliments about our first dance.

Susan is a wonderful teacher! We came to Susan with absolutely no dance experience. We wanted our first dance to be special and more than just swaying back and forth. We told her our first dance song and she took care of the rest. We were quite nervous at first, especially my (now)husband, but Susan made us both feel comfortable. She choreographed a beautiful dance that we really loved. My husband is slightly rhythmically challenged but Susan was patient and gave him the confidence he needed to learn the moves. Susan is professional, positive, upbeat, and FUN! We had so much fun learning the dance and dancing on our wedding day. Our first dance was one of my favorite parts of the day. We received so many compliments from our guests about how awesome the dance was! I highly recommend Palmer Dance Studio.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Danica,
    Thanks so much :) I was happy to have helped you guys with your dance. It always made my night when Ricky learned moves that challenged him and learned how to lead you through them.
    I hope you continue to dance together.
    Best wishes,
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 04/20/2019

Wonderful and Fun Dance Instructor

Susan helped us create two different wedding dances for our special day. Her expertise and patience astounded us!!! She was very easy to work with, and we always had a blast at our lessons! We will be continuing lessons with her to add to our ballroom dancing skills. 😁💃🕺

Sent on 04/24/2019

Palmer Dance Studio's reply:

Thanks for your kind review. I loved teaching you and Eddie, your lessons were usually the highlight of my day.
    I look forward to our continued lessons together!

Lindsay · Married on 03/16/2019

Wonderful!

Susan was a very good teacher and listened to what we wanted out of our dance. And she is super funny!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Lindsay,
    I love teaching couples as focused and intense as you guys were. I'm glad to have been part of your special day. Hoping you will send a video when available.
    Thanks again,
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 02/16/2019

Susan helped add that special touch to our wedding day!

Susan choreographed our first dance and we are so glad that she did! Neither my husband nor I are great dancers but we knew that we didn’t want to just go in circles for our first dance. We met with Susan about 3 months before our wedding and had 8 sessions with her. She starts from the ground up and slowly builds in additional moves/steps as you get more comfortable with what you have already learned. She somehow was able to bring the coordination out in both of us and was extremely patient with us as we messed up (a lot). On our wedding day we had a lot of compliments about our first dance and how we nailed it, and we wouldn’t have been able to pull it off without the help of Susan! We are looking forward to going back to her to learn swing, someday!

Sent on 05/04/2019

Chelsea,
    Thank you for your review! You guys were a joy to teach and I loved watching your progress with every lesson. I look forward to teaching you again to expand your dance repertoire.

Lori Mason · Married on 10/28/2018

Dance Lessons for a Wedding

My daughter, her fiancé, my husband and I had a ball learning to dance for our daughter’s upcoming wedding! Mrs. Palmer was very patient with us as we grew more comfortable dancing in public. I would highly recommend taking lessons with her for an upcoming event or just for fun!

Sent on 11/11/2018