hill country events Reviews

23 | Cedar Park, TX

23 Reviews for hill country events

Lindsay · Married on 05/27/2018

Seriously, if anyone is in the Austin or surrounding area, you have to use Hill Country Events! They were so incredibly wonderful, and they did a fabulous job helping make my big day perfect. They were completely on top of EVERYTHING, and the quality of service was remarkable. I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this company. Amy is a godsend-she is so helpful, and knows exactly what she's doing.

Kara · Married on 03/24/2018

Talk about QUALITY!!! I cannot write a good enough review for Hill a country events, Amy helped us coordinate everything and she was phenomenal. Working with them was so easy, affordable and of the highest quality for service. They arrived promptly and our bartender was so professional and accommodating. thanks a million!!!

Megha · Married on 08/24/2017

Amy Mullins handled our catering and drinks for our Austin wedding, The service that she and her stuff provides was top notch! We were very impressed and highly recommend her company! Please do not look elsewhere. Ours was a South Asian wedding, there were a lot of components we had to think about for the sangeet night. Amy was always there reassuring me that things were in place. She went out of her way to understand the Indian food items we were serving and made sure all the serving pieces were more than enough and usable for every dish we were serving. It was truly so committed and genuine for her to do this and so reassuring for the bride before her big day. Thanks Amy! She is a true professional and our event turned out marvelous. Couldn't ask for a better vendor and we did our research in Austin!!
    - Megha
    Boston

Katie · Married on 05/06/2017

Amy was so great to work with! I hired Hill Country Events for my wedding of about 85 people. She helped so much planning out the details and logistics. Every time we talked on the phone, I felt noticeably calmer about everything! She was great about touching base with me throughout the evening, which was nice because I knew what was going on, but I didn't have to deal with anything myself. The bartenders and serving staff were fantastic and very professional. They also helped with rearranging the furniture, decorating the tables and packing leftovers. The rates are very reasonable and I would definitely hire Hill Country Events the next time I host something of this scale again.

Sara · Married on 04/15/2017

Amy and her staff are truly wonderful! I knew I was in good hands from the first phone conversation I had with her. The information and tips she gave me along the way were incredibly helpful since I didn't have a wedding coordinator. Amy went above and beyond on my wedding day. She made sure we always had a drink in our hands and even served us our dinner. She and her servers also did an impeccable job cleaning up at the end of the wedding. I can't thank her enough! You will be well taken care of by her and her staff.

• Sabrina

Sabrina · Married on 03/26/2017

Food was incredible. I cannot truly express how perfect everything was. I highly recommend

Traci · Married on 09/17/2016

Amy was amazing from the day I booked our wedding reception with her. She provided everything we needed to know along the way. The bar staff was very professional. The margaritas were delicious especially the jalapeno margaritas!!!

Perla · Married on 07/28/2016

I really enjoyed the professionalism and flexibility that Amy Mullins displayed while working with her for my wedding. I contacted her about 2 months before the wedding, and she did not need me to sign a contract until I had the final guest count. We stayed in contact over the phone, and anytime I would e-mail her a question, she would call the same day to talk about any concerns I had. She made sure to accommodate all of my requests. The day of the wedding they got there in advance to help set up, they also provided the flip between the ceremony and reception, which was the major benefit of hiring Hill Country Events. They also provided great bar service, and made sure to cater to the groom and I the entire night. Overall I think Hill Country Events has quality service without being too pricey.

Sue · Married on 06/04/2016

Amy was wonderful in helping us plan for bar services for my daughter's wedding. As an employee in the wedding industry, I have worked with Hill Country Events for many years, but this was my first experience as a customer. Amy was so helpful in suggesting what to serve and how much alcohol I should buy. Following her guidelines, we didn't run out of anything, but didn't have an excessive amount left over either. Her staff was punctual and professional. They were wonderful helping to load the leftover alcohol into my vehicle at the end of the event. I would definitely hire Hill Country Events in the future. Thanks, Amy and staff for making our event a success!

Meridith · Married on 05/14/2016

Amy is the best! My husband and I planned our wedding in Round Rock from North Carolina, which was difficult at times, Amy responded to all my questions quickly and thoroughly and helped me understand exactly what throwing a party for 200+ entails. She truly put my mind at ease and helped me enjoy the day. The staff served drinks in our custom cups and used our custom koozies and even served microbrews made by my brother and his wife. It was a wonderful day made even more wonderful by Amy and her staff!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/13/2016

Hill Country Events came highly recommended by a friend. I wasn't sure I wanted to hire a bartending service but after speaking with Amy, I was convinced that she was the expert at this! She gave me a shopping list for the liquor, wine and beer and her estimates were pretty spot on. During our event, she took care of so much more than the bar -- she's a whirlwind of energy and expertise. Everyone had a great time, the drinks were awesome and my party was stress-free because of her. I HIGHLY recommend her! Did I mention that her rates were super reasonable? :)

Ashley · Married on 04/30/2016

Hill Country Events we used for bartending. We couldn't be more happier! Tricia, owner of Twisted Ranch Weddings, highly recommended them. Contact Amy and she will provide you with all information & she is quick to responding! The bartending staff we had was such a great team! They all had smiles on their faces and seemed really happy to be there. One of the bartenders went to find me and pulled me away so I could get a drink - I loved that! He made sure I was hydrated. I recommend Hill Country Events if you are looking for a bartender for your wedding.
    Great staff!

Robin · Married on 04/16/2016

I hired Hill Country Events to serve the alcohol at my wedding. Amy was great to work with the entire time. She was always very easy to communicate with and get a hold of, and she helped walk me through what all I needed to purchase for a wedding my size, and how to tone down the list when my ideas started to get out of hand. Her package she offers was very reasonably priced, and covered everything I needed for an open bar at my venue. She was always very professional and easy to talk to, and I would definitely recommend her if you need bartending for your wedding!

Amberley · Married on 03/12/2016

Amy was referred to us through our venue, and we feel that we really lucked out! She had amazing communication through the entire engagement, and the 2 bartenders we had were so friendly and fun! I highly recommend Hill Country Events for your next event!

• Cari

Cari · Married on 05/16/2015

Amy was wonderful to work with! She's very professional, but still very fun to chat with. Her company provided bartending services for our wedding of 100. The pricing was great and she made sure to give us a grocery/shopping list of how many drinks we needed to buy based on what kinds of alcohol we wanted and how many guests we were having. I definitely recommend them!

Katrina · Married on 04/17/2015

Amy is awesome! We enjoyed working with her and she is such a sweet person. Everything from beginning to end was great. Highly recommend Hill Country Events! 5 stars.

Erica · Married on 04/18/2014

From the beginning, Amy was friendly and responded quickly to any of our questions. They provided the mixers, limes, ice, cups and napkins. Amy sent us a list of alcohol to purchase and we were able to return the unopened bottles to Spec's so that worked out perfectly.

On our wedding day, Tracey was our bartender. What I ABSOLUTELY LOVED was that all of our wedding guests spoke so highly of him! Examples of what my husband and I have heard: "He was great!" "The bartender was so fast!" "Tracey had an amazing smile and personality!" "I loved that bartender!" "I hung out at the bar for a while because I liked the bartender." (Funny, but true.)

We would highly recommend Hill Country Events! We are so very thankful for Amy and Tracey for their help in making our wedding day flawless.

Lauren · Married on 03/22/2014

My husband, Brian, and I got married on March 22nd at Kindred Oaks in Georgetown, Texas. We used Hill Country Events as our bartenders for the event. Amy was awesome and very easy to work with. We sent her our guest numbers and she sent us back a shopping list for what we needed to provide her and also a quote for what they could provide and the cost. Her prices for the things they provided were very reasonable, saving us from having to worry about other things on our big day. We had 2 signature drinks (rum punch/jameson and ginger), wine and beer (from NxNW). She mixed the signature drinks and they were very good, not too weak, not too strong. We would definitely recommend her for any event!

Michael · Married on 10/28/2011

Amy at Hill Country Events was so helpful even before our wedding. She helped us to get our wine and beer list created by giving suggestions on good choices that would go well with our meal, and an estimate on how much we would need for our group size.

Also, our bartender Tracey was extremely professional and helpful. Our guests all loved the service that we got.

• Dawn

Dawn · Married on 09/10/2011

Hill Country events bartended my event. They also provided all cups, ice, mixers, and other bar items such as limes, napkins, etc. They were perfect. It was easy to work with them to get it all set up - Amy was extremely friendly and informative. The bartenders were a pleasure to all of my guests. They brought everything early and cleaned up afterwards. We provided our own alcoholic beverages and they provided basically everything else. They sent all of the unused alcohol back to us at the end of the night. I could not be any happier with my decision to hire them for our wedding and I would recommend them to everyone.

Ann · Married on 05/17/2016

I can't say enough about how great Amy and her team were to work with!! We couldn't have asked for a more accommodating, professional and helpful team for our event. We're very grateful to them for being so awesome to work with.

Karen · Married on 05/07/2016

Thank you Amy! You were easy to work. Our day was special because of you!

2.4
      2.0
      0.5
      0.5

I am writing this review because I don't want this to happen to anyone else who plans to have a full open bar at their wedding! Amy from Hill Country Events was amazing always responded quickly, and provided great feedback. She was also very professional. Everything was great up until the alcohol had been ordered from specs. When we walked into the wedding it seemed like the bar had been executed properly until we ran out of my signature drink an hour and a half into the wedding. Then my husband went up to the bar to ask for a crown and coke and the bar tendered asked how he knew she had crown. he said um because it was his bar. She was hiding it under the bar for some reason. The bar tendered also took it upon herself to cut people off who were clearly not intoxicated, even when we had a shuttle from venue to hotel. I also hired Hill Country Events to cut my cake and do a coffee service. They did not ask anyone if they wanted coffee, and let someone else cut my cake(who unfortunetly had no idea how to cut a cake and butchered my $800 cake) I sent Amy an email to explain to her how I felt about the people she had hired and she called me to apologize. I simply did not want to talk about how a huge portion of my wedding was ruined over this. I would not recommend Hill Country unless Amy hires new staff.