The Persnickety Bride

Newtown, CT View map Visit website

Based in Newtown, Connecticut, The Persnickety Bride is a wedding dress boutique, invitation, custom product service company. They offer a range of wedding-related products, from gowns to stationery and favors. The team is ready to serve you and will be “persnickety” so you don’t have to be. With The Persnickety Bride, you can relax while they dot every “I” and cross every “T.”

Experience
Denise Buzy-Pucheu is the founder and president. The business, along with its parent company, has been in business for more than 30 years.

The Persnickety Bride is driven by your excitement and desires. They are here to support you, and most importantly, celebrate with you. They offer wedding dresses by designers Justin Alexander, Justin Signature, Lillian West, Paloma Blanca, Atelier Pronovias, and Lea-Ann Belter. They create custom, personalized, and themed invitations. Their wedding-related services include:

* Wedding Dresses

• Shipping
  • Express shipping
  • Printing

Other Services
Denise and her team can produce a variety of favors and gifts. These include:

• Bags
  • Photo favors
  • Plants/flowers
  • Send-off sunglasses

Areas Covered
The Persnickety Bride serves Connecticut, Westchester County, New York, and New Jersey. They also accept online orders.

• Woman-owned

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

$1,000 - $2,499
$2,500 - $3,999
$4,000 - $6,499

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Flower Girls
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom

Which of the following services do you provide?

Appointments Only
Cleaning
Preservation
Sample Sales
Trunk Shows

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Jewelry
Plus Size Gowns
Sample Gowns
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

Less than 6 months
6-8 months
9-11 months

How often do you receive new bridal gowns?

Seasonally

What is your return policy?

Final Sales
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

4.9 out of 5 rating
    4.9 out of 5 rating

Marianne Getting married on 07/03/2023

Exceptional!

I went to Persnickety Bride to get a wedding dress for vow renewals. My whole life I've been a tomboy, and can't remember last time I wore a dress, not to mention a wedding dress. I'm also petite size/small bust, and though for sure that would be an issue. Not so! Denise blew me away with her kindness, knowledge and patience. I was so lucky to find a gorgeous sample dress with price tag to match my budget. She made me feel so comfortable, and all the dresses she picked out were really perfect, but lucky for me I got a dress I would have otherwise not gotten if it wasn't for the sample sale. I highly recommend them, you won't regret it. You gotta check out the sample sale. Thanks to Denise for making this such a great experience, and for helping me find exactly the dress I had pictured. Denise, you're simply the best!!

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Oh Marianne honestly you have made my day!!! I am so happy you came in and I can not wait to see pictures of you on your special day. That dress is simply gorgeous on you and with a little something in your hair and earrings you are going to blow everyone away!!! I am so thrilled you came to see us and most importantly that you were able to become a Persnickety Bride - much love and please send pictures! xoxo Denise
    Linda F. Getting married on 06/16/2023

Five Stars!

Outstanding experience at the Persnickety Bride! I purchased my mother-of-the-bride dress there. They had many, many selections to choose from and really worked with me on finding what was right for myself. Their dresses are clearly high quality dresses and every one of them is simply stunning! Emily was absolutely a pleasure to work with. She made you feel very comfortable from the start and gave her honest opinion for each dress tried on. Denise is simply beyond words.....her knowledge regarding each dress and the correct way it should fit is impressive. Her honesty is a credit as you never feel the pressure to simply buy the dress. She, as well, makes you feel very comfortable from the moment you enter her shop. Most importantly, both Emily and Denise listen to what your concerns are and what you are looking for and do their absolute best to accomodate you! Five Stars!

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Linda - Thank you so much for your wonderful review! How much fun did we have together!! Emily is a blessing and is honestly like one of my daughters so these young ladies (including my daughters) are so good at asking what your needs are and that is what is important in working with moms and brides. You look stunning in your dress so I can't wait to see the pictures of the wedding. Thank you so much for becoming a Persnickety Mom. It means the world to us to make all of our clients feel absolutely gorgeous!! xoxo Denise , Emily, Aeryn and Bella
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Pricing

Make Up by Candee Caldwell Make Up by Candee Caldwell Wedding Hair & Makeup

Absolutely recommend Persnickety Bride for favors. They listen to you, fast delivery . I love that they capture your vision and bring into for wishon.

Green Light Limousine Service Green Light Limousine Service Wedding Limos

Some very talented people and innovative ideas come from this boutique, The Persnickety Bride! Have heard nothing but good things from our wedding couples who have also used their service.

Wanda Chiles - Justice of the Peace Wanda Chiles - Justice of the Peace Wedding Officiants

Denise loves what she does and it shows! Her business is so much more than invitations and place cards! The ideas she has for so many aspects of your Big Day are mind boggling. If you want the very best, be a "Pernickety Bride" and let her take care of all it for you!

The Waterview

224 South Main Street Upper Level, Upper Level Newtown, CT, 06470
2034262598
203-482-7413

By appointment only
Location of (The Persnickety Bride)

Other vendors in Westchester for your wedding