The Persnickety Bride Reviews

112 | Newtown, CT

112 Reviews for The Persnickety Bride

Emily · Getting married on 11/01/2019

Denise was absolutely amazing, and her staff was so attentive and helpful! They made picking out a dress easy, fun and enjoyable. They treated myself and my family absolutely wonderful and made the process so personal. I really felt like the most important part of their day, and have no hesitation referring any other brides to them. You can’t go wrong! So happy I found them and got my wedding dress from them. Thank you Denise and girls!!

Graysha · Getting married on 09/07/2019

Wedding Dress

It was such a pleasant experience getting my dress from The Persnickety Bride. Denise made it easy and stress free when searching for my dress. Other bridal shops that I had went to were quick to just grab anything off the rack, but Denise actually listened to what I was looking for. She made it fun and exciting, while accommodating the different opinions of my guests and found one everyone loved! I’m so in love with my dress and would recommend to anyone looking for their dream dress to come here! I drove over an hour to come here, and it’s definitely worth the drive for an amazing experience! Thank you so much!

Elizabeth · Getting married on 08/03/2019

Amazing! Wonderful! Unforgettable!

Marianne · Getting married on 07/27/2019

The persnickety bride is a fabulous bridal shop. Denise is amazing and will make you feel perfect and beautiful in every way!

Nicole · Getting married on 07/13/2019

I couldn't be happier with my experience at the Persnickety Bride. From the moment you walk in, you are greeted by the wonderful, bubbly owner - Denise. She was excited to know about me and was so welcoming to my Mom and sister. Denise worked hard to listen to what I wanted, and gauge my reaction to dresses to help me find the perfect dress. With Denise's help, the experience was fun, exciting, and not the least bit stressful! Plus, we celebrated with some champagne once I said yes to gown! I had visited several other dress shops and nothing compared to the Persnickety Bride. In addition to the amazing experience, the shop itself is gorgeous. It is beautifully lit, clean, and well decorated. There is a comfortable sitting area for your helpers and most importantly an outstanding selection of beautiful gowns. I cannot say enough about the Persnickety Bride and the amazing Denise!

Sent on 07/09/2018

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Oh Nicole - I had such a wonderful time with all of you! Thank you for the thoughtful, beautiful testimonials. My only goal is to make my brides and my couples happy. I truly am so fortunate to have such wonderful families walk through my doors. I can't wait to continue to help you with your journey to your marriage. Much love and I will talk to you soon xoxo Denise & The Persnickety Bride team.

Jennifer · Getting married on 07/13/2019

I got my dress at The Persnickety Bride the other week and couldn’t be happier with the experience! Denise, the owner, was so much fun to work with and made trying on dresses a great experience! She was able to pull so many dresses I liked based on the few photos I showed her. I Didn’t feel pressured to push my budget up or that I was just one of many brides getting a dress there. Denise really makes you feel special and was just as excited as my mom and I that I found my dress! I would highly recommend persnickety brides to anyone looking for that perfect dress. Thanks Denise, can’t wait to see my dress when it comes in!!

Nikki-Lynn · Getting married on 06/22/2019

Denise is absolutely incredible and her boutique is stunning! I cannot say enough wonderful things about my experience at The Persnickety Bride. I had been to a few other salons, but felt completely overwhelmed by the thought of choosing my wedding gown! During my appointment, I had Denise's full attention. She had an exact idea of what I was looking for and helped me select the most perfect dress for me. Her personality and sense of humor calmed my nerves immediately because I knew I was in such great hands. If you haven't already, please call her to make an appointment. You absolutely won't regret it!

Sent on 05/24/2018

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Nikki-Lynn I am so very happy you found us! I had such a wonderful time with you, and your family! You came in with the biggest smile and were so very excited. Your gown fit you to a TEE! I am honestly honored to work with all of you. I am also touched that you wrote such a beautiful testimonial. It really makes me so happy (ok now I am getting teary eyed) to help my clients get their dream dress and other items. I do love what I do and families like yours make it so worth while. I look forward to continuing your planning journey with all the other items we offer in our boutique. See you this weekend - much love xo Denise

Maxine · Getting married on 05/19/2019

My experience at the Persnickety Bride was amazing ! Denise is so personable and made my gown shopping experience so special! The salon is beautifully decorated and the dresses she has chosen are all so pretty ! She made my family feel comfortable and celebrated with us when we said yes to the dress! I would recommend Denise and the Persnickety Bride to everyone ! If your looking for a special and personal experience, this is the place to go ! Thank you so much for making my dress shopping the best it could be !

Sent on 06/24/2018

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Maxine - I was so very happy to see you purchase your beautiful dress. It is stunning on you and just seeing your MOH cry the way she did was just the sweetest thing. You are going to put everyone in tears when they see you - it is truly one of favorite gowns in the shop and was named so appropriately! I can't wait to work with you on your other wedding needs! You got this girl!!! xoxo Love Denise

Caitlyn · Getting married on 05/11/2019

I initially contacted the Persnickety Bride because I was looking for a specific dress, even though they didn’t have it in stock, Denise (the owner) went above and beyond to get a sample of the dress for me to try on. She was the ONLY bridal salon (within a 3 hour radius of Boston!!!!!!) that offered to try and track the dress down. Because of this I decided that if this wasn’t my dream dress I would still make sure to purchase my dress from her because she deserves my business. “My dress” wasn’t the dress for me but Denise was more than helpful in trying to find one that worked. Her cheerful attitude and humor totally won my family and I over and we purchased a different gown (my dream gown) that day. So all in all, the Persnickety Bride hasn’t been in the dress business for long but with how they run things I can only imagine their great successes in the long run! Thanks so much Persnickety Bride and I can’t wait to see you guys again when my dress comes in!

Sarah · Getting married on 04/05/2019

I had a wonderful experience trying on dresses. They were very knowledgeable and great at picking out dresses that were my style and listening to what I liked and didn't like. Would highly recommend getting your dress here!

Michelle · Getting married on 03/31/2019

Oh my God this place is amazing! I have traveled to so many places throughout the years and customer service is key. This is going to be my second wedding and I couldn't have asked for a better Bridal Boutique and staff. Denise is amazing and her daughters are the cutest. They were all extremely a attentative, caring, loving and made it all about me. You can tell the difference between someone just trying to sell a dress and someone who is very passionate and are doing what they love. This is Denise all the way. Not to get on a personal note but my mother was being difficult which was upsetting and all Denise did the whole time was comfort me and act like the mother that I needed that day I bought my gown with her. She is honest straightforward and exactly what I needed while trying to pick the right bridal dress for me. On top of all that it's so convenient they have invitations, save the dates, accessories, Etc. which makes it so much easier because I have a very busy life and not a lot of time plus I want to purchase
    from someone I trust. They are amazing! Trust me you will not be disappointed and they have a beautiful variety of dresses
    and accessories Etc. Xo

Sent on 04/18/2018

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

My dear Michelle, I am so happy you came up from Westchester to find us. I am so glad we were able to create a space that is not only warm and inviting, but really expresses my personal belief that my clients are like my "persnickety family". We do not treat people like numbers. We treat everyone with respect and listen very closely to what they envision their day to be. They are marrying their best friend and will be surrounded by the people they love in celebration. It is a milestone in your life and just the fact that my staff and I are sharing this part of it is very important to us. So is the responsibility of doing it right. As you know, I have sold to many large corporations in my day and have been in business a very long time. The personal gratification I get from the love of my families and brides can not be expressed in words. I am proud to be in a position where I can help others and feel their appreciation and love. It's exciting and I am touched and honored to be part of your journey. xoxo

Rachel · Married on 11/10/2018

I wish I could give more stars! Denise is absolutely amazing and I could not have found my wedding dress without her. The dress selection in her store is amazing and she is constantly getting new styles in all the time. She gets genuinely excited about all things wedding and goes out of her way to make you feel so special. I am thrilled that I found this place!

Sent on 04/02/2018

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

I so enjoyed working with you and your mom Rachel. Thank you for your beautiful review of our shop. You knew what you wanted and your got it! Can't wait to see you in your gown and veil. Next up - we work on stationery! xoxo D

Aimee · Married on 10/06/2018

I cannot say enough about Denise and the fabulous team at The Persnickety Bride. I have had the pleasure of working with Denise for my save-the-dates, invitations, escort cards, programs, flower girl dress, and more. When I first met with Denise, I was unsure of exactly what I was looking for. She took the time to get to know me, attended to every detail, and found the perfect designs for my wedding style. The attention to detail, professionalism, and welcoming environment made my experience so special. I am proud to be a Persnickety Bride and highly recommend Denise and her team. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 10/13/2018

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Aimee is one of the easiest and most organized client I have ever met. Working with her and Andrew was nothing short of a JOY. I can't believe now they are married. I miss them already! Thank you for your heartfelt review. You know you will always be a Persnickety Bride and my shop is always there for you! Feel free to stop by any time! xoxo <3
  • Marie

Marie Geotes · Married on 09/08/2018

Deserves More Than 5 Stars

Denise and her team were a pleasure to work with! They were so helpful and accommodating when it came to designing our invitation. They executed beautifully! We also did our wedding favors though her - which were just as amazing!! Our monogrammed moscow mule mugs were a big hit. They deserve more than 5 stars :)

Linda · Married on 08/18/2018

Denise and her staff are simply the best! You will feel like their only client. They pay attention to what you want and just as importantly, what you don’t want. This is as high-end and exclusive as you can get. Every woman wants to feel special when she’s picking out her wedding dress and accessories and at The Persnickety Bride, you feel like a royal princess. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 03/31/2018

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Thank you so much for your great review Linda. I just loved your face when you saw yourself in your wedding dress! It was completely priceless. The joy said it all. It is perfect for you and you will be stunning on your wedding day. The the veil, the earrings and headpiece - Voila - it's perfection....! I am so happy we got to have you and your sisters and niece there for the big event! On top of that - being able to get your bridal party - gifts and your invitations with us certainly made it a totally great bridal conquest! That's what it is all about for us. Getting you all that you need and making it FUN!!!!! Popping the Prosecco was particularly enjoyable! Thank you again for your business. My staff and I appreciate it. xoxo Denise

Nicole · Married on 08/04/2018

Denise and her entire team at The Persnickety Bride were amazing to work with. At our initial meeting, Denise quickly understood the look I was going for and helped me to design the gorgeous invitations I envisioned. From the initial order to proof approval to arrival, everything went impeccably. I am so pleased with the quality of our invitations. Our guests who received them had nothing but positive things to say. Working with Denise was such a pleasure and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/25/2018

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole for your lovely testimonial. Your invitations were like a work of art and we really loved the way they came out. Our goal is to be the best in the business and honestly it is very easy to do so when we collaborate with our couples and families the way we do. I am thrilled that you and your guests enjoyed the invitation and that it represented your wedding in the most special and personal way possible. Again - I thank you so much for your business and if you need anything else before the wedding, please do not hesitate to contact me. Best personal regards, xoxo Denise and the Staff of The Persnickety Bride xoxo <3

Diane · Married on 05/19/2018

Denise is the epitome of energy, experience, and style. The invitations we received for our wedding had our guests talking! The quality was outstanding to say the least. We loved them so much; we framed one to put up in our house. Denise will put every last effort in to customizing your invitation to reflect the couple’s taste, color scheme and overall budget. My husband and I had two different religious ceremonies. Denise had many various styled invitation offerings and was able to tailor our visions to exactly what we wanted and needed. Her spunky personality and creativity made it easy and fun to work with her. What’s more, she genuinely cares about the couple and her product and will ensure that happiness and satisfaction is achieved. The Persnickety Bride is a must-see gem hidden in Newtown.

Sent on 07/05/2018

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely review Diane - I loved working on your invitations. One of the best things about my couples is that they always love to mix things up. Do things a little different and make everything their very own. That's exactly what both of you did! Make something really beautiful out of what was a completely different design. Can't wait to see you and see pictures of the wedding!!! Talk soon xoxo Denise

Erin · Married on 03/24/2018

Denise is such a PLEASURE TO WORK WITH! I met her and it felt like I knew her since forever! She is extremely professional and amazing to work with! She stays on top of any questions that I had and answers them in a very prompt manner, whether I had to text, call or email, she is right there for you ! Her personality has such great energy! I knew what I wanted for my invitations and she gave me exactly what I wanted, down to every little detail! I also ordered my wedding guests favors through her, which made everything for me extremely convenient!! I will definitely be working with her again for my future invitations! You will not be disappointed !

Sent on 04/23/2018

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Erin - I think you know me well enough that I love people that have a sense of adventure and creativity. I immediately LOVED your ideas when you came in to see me. You really knew how to put a unique stamp on your and David's wedding. I am fortunate to say that I feel so many great emotions with my clients. Most very happy - many I never want to let go. You are now a piece of the fabric of my life. I mean that seriously. You are very special person and now a friend. Thank you for your beautiful review. It touched my heart. I am thankful that fate and your wedding brought us together! xo Denise

Robert · Married on 10/08/2017

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Denise and The Persnickety Bride. She and her staff made it an absolute please for my bride and I to pick out invitations. Seemless process and Denise knew exactly what my bride's style was after speaking with her for just a few short moments. I would highly recommend The Persnickety Bride to any Bride and groom.

Sent on 08/25/2017

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Thank you so much Robert! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Traci on your beautiful wedding invitations. I'm so happy that you both enjoyed your experience with us. Our goal to to create a completely enjoyable, relaxed and fun relationship with our clients. We love what we do - and I am thankful that our clients appreciate our work. Much love to both of you as your start your journey together as husband and wife. Much love and we want to see pictures!!! xoxo Denise

Abbey · Married on 09/16/2017

Denise did such an awesome job finding us the perfect wedding invitation. We wanted something unique and different and boy did she deliver. We went with a Acrylic style and everybody loved it. Denise makes you feel like family which is really great.

Nicole · Married on 09/08/2017

Just ordered my wedding invitations from The Persnickety Bride, they came out absolutely perfect and shipped sooner than I expected. Denise was great to work with and very prompt in responding to emails!

Sent on 04/20/2017

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole for your lovely review. Our "Persnickety Bride" Nicole bought her wedding invitations on line from us after having been referred to our company. First she ordered a couple samples and those went out very quickly. Once she had the samples in hand and saw the quality - she ordered them very quickly. They shipped in no time. The suite of papers are beautiful - she made a terrific choice. Thank you so much again Nicole for shopping with The Persnickety Bride. We appreciate your business and please keep the referrals coming! That's how we end up with great on line couples as well as our in shop couples ! Much love and happiness always xo Denise, Bridget, Emily

Beverly · Married on 07/15/2017

As the mother of the bride, Denise and Bridget made our invitation experience enjoyable and stress free! With so many irons in the fire for a wedding this was truly a blessing to have them "take care of us". Their selection of invitations and vendors were all beautiful and they worked tirelessly with us to create a unique invitation that was truly elegant and exactly what my daughter wanted. Any corrections were taken care of immediately and always with a smile. Thank you Denise and Bridget for making our invitation experience so much fun!

Sent on 02/02/2017

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Dear Beverly - We enjoyed working with you and Kat! You are great ladies who made our creative process a breeze. We strive to make our clients enjoy ordering from and and keep it stress free and a happy, joyous experience. We all look forward to helping you out with anything else you need and seeing pictures of wedding!!! xoxo Denise, Bridget and Emily!

Kat · Married on 07/15/2017

Denise and Bridget were wonderful to work with! They made an otherwise stressful experience very pleasant. At first I thought I was going to use a discounted website to make my invitations, to save money, but quickly realized how daunting the task was. I saw Denise's ratings on the knot and decided to get a quote from her. Not only was her quote comparable to the wedding invitation websites, but she did a tremendous amount of work that I would otherwise have to do! I took a landscape, navy blue invitation and transformed it into a portrait cream and black invitation and took off the motif. She basically created my invitation from scratch based on what I explained to her and it was PERFECT! Her and Bridget were so easy to communicate with and granted every single wish we had. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 02/02/2017

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Kat you were a joy to work with and are so very happy that we created a completely stress free experience for you. That is our job. We work exceptionally hard with all our customers to get them exactly what they need at all times. You and your mom were a joy for us to work with in our studio. Thank you so much for your lovely testimonial - it means the world to us in all that we do. If there is anything else you need we are just an e-mail or phone call away! xo Denise, Bridget and Emily!

C · Married on 07/02/2017

Denise was a dream to work with. With great patience, warmth and care for every detail and for quality, she made our wedding process and day feel special with the most unique and beautiful invitations. She was a savior As I work full time and had little knowledge of the invitation options. She helped me choose exceptional and elegant invitations and notes that fit my style and budget just perfectly. She showed me a variety of choices within my budget And instantly got to know What we needed and wanted. Orders were received on time and with no stress to us. She held our hands with care and humor through the invitation and thank you card process and kept us going with great communication and care for every detail. Her staff was equally caring for our special requests. Working with Denise on invitations, gift options and making our wedding day go smoothly from invitation to thank you notes and stationary made it all go so easily for us and great efforts on their part. We had deadlines and no time. Denise made it happen. She also has a list of high quality vendors and resources that made my wedding special. She was incredibly supportive and caring for alll that I wanted in my special day. For quality and care for your special day, I recommend highly the persnickety bride and promotions.

Sent on 07/12/2017

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Cindy - You had me at "I need help" - I am so grateful that this business brings me some really sweet and appreciate clients. Clients I hope to call my "new friends" - you are a lovely, gracious woman and I truly loved working with you. So did my staff. You had a vision and I am happy we had the chance to work with you on such an important day and milestone for you and Andy. May you enjoy a lifetime of wedding bliss with good health and happiness always. We definitely need to do wine or coffee soon xoxo Denise
  • W

Wilde · Married on 06/18/2017

We are very pleased with the end result, Denise and the staff went above and beyond helping us get the perfect wedding invitations. My wife and I highly recommend, The Persnickety Bride for your next wedding invites. Thank you.

Sent on 07/06/2017

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Thank you so much Wilde for your lovely testimonial - it means so much to me and to my staff. We loved working with both of you. Much love and happiness always xoxo Denise