The Persnickety Bride Reviews

164 | Newtown, CT

164 Reviews for The Persnickety Bride

Claire Burch · Getting married on 04/07/2022

Literally amazing in every way!

I honestly cannot say enough good things about The Persnickety Bride. I honestly loved this store and Denise (the owner) THAT MUCH. I had a strong feeling I'd find the right dress there the moment I walked in the door. I'd already been to a couple of bridal stores, but nothing fully "clicked" for me before Persnickety. Plenty of dresses had looked good and other owners were also nice, but no owner compares to Denise. Her store is beautiful and filled with incredible quality gowns, but it really was the kind of service she gives that I've never gotten anywhere else (bridal or otherwise). She set me up with an online lookbook before my appointment so I could identify dresses I like (however many or few you want!) and then she had those ready for me when I arrived. She took the time to have a quick zoom pre-meeting with me so we could talk about my wedding and she could really understand me, my style, and my wedding. She clearly cares, and that's what makes her so effective at helping connect clients with their dress. She is genuinely excited for her brides, and she really knows how to help match them with dresses, be supportive of their vision, and give useful AND honest comments (but only when they're wanted). She really knows what she's doing. I genuinely believe the right dress for every bride is at Persnickety Bride. You will not be sorry if you go here!!

Sent on 06/25/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Claire - You and your mom were such a joy to work with today. I love how beautiful you look in your dress. It is stunning on you and of course will look more stunning when you walk down the aisle! I'm excited we can get it in before you move to Texas. Thank you for your incredible review. It really brought tears to my eyes. I can't express how much I appreciate the kind words of my clients. It pushes me forward to continue my craft in my own way and style that makes a difference in the lives of my brides and their families.
  • Erica

Erica Lynn · Getting married on 03/06/2022

Loved every minute!

This is a one of a kind shop. I knew from the energy as soon as I walked in that I'd be purchasing my dress from The Persnickety Bride. The one-on-one appointments offered a much more intimate experience than other shops I've been in. Lori was so sweet and funny as I tried on dresses; she was honest, patient, and knowledgable. As for Denise- she is highly passionate, genuine, and she truly runs a beautiful shop. She took the time to send me kind messages before my appointments, which really helped to calm my nerves. This type of quality is unmatched! I'm so grateful! (and props to Denise's daughter for helping!)

Sent on 01/26/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Erica you looked stunning in your dress. I am so happy with the fit and how joyous you look in it. If you need anything you know how to reach us. Thank you for your lovely review. It means so much to me, Lori and the rest of our staff. xoxo Denise

Niki R · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Amazing experience

Denise and the whole team at The Persnickety Bride were top notch and so great to work with. I was introduced to the shop as they were a retailer who carried the dress that I had been dreaming of. I started my dress search at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, so I was nervous that I wasn't going to be able to get my dress in time, however, they handled the situation like true professionals. Prior to meeting in person, Denise set up a Zoom appointment to discuss my tastes and style preferences. She took the time to show me gowns on mannequins, which was super helpful in determining which dresses that I wanted to try on at my in person appointment. I had such a fun time during our Zoom appointments and in person appointments to try on dresses. Denise really knows her stuff, and not to mention is so fun to work with. She truly cares about her brides. I can't recommend Denise and The Persnickety Bride enough, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/01/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Niki - wow - how many times can I say wow - putting your dress on you yesterday was beyond amazing that dress - was just wow. We know its a great dress but you were absolutely stunning - you know we are totally here for you if you need anything else for the wedding. Thank you for the awesome review. I live every day for my girls (and you know you are MINE once you are a Persnickety Bride you are always a Persnickety bride) - my job is to see you smile from ear to ear and have people gaze at you on your wedding day - and say - wow she looks stunning.. I want it to be the happiest day of your life and create the memories and pictures that will last a lifetime of love, marriage and family. xoxo Denise
  • Rose

Rose Adamson · Getting married on 10/16/2021

The Dress Whisperer

The Persnickety Bride and Denise are 5 plus stars.
    Denise spent a couple zoom meetings with me discussing not only my dress but dress options for my mother. When I walked in not only had she pulled dresses we discussed about but spent time finding dresses she thought would look amazing. Denise spent time really thinking about what I wanted and what would look best on my body. I will be referring to her in the future as the "dress whisper" because she really knows her stuff! The first dress was stunning and I LOVED it but we kept looking just to be sure. Denise encouraged me through the whole process to trust my gut. At the end when I had 3 dresses I was between she took me outside to try them on with a mirror and stand "COVID" safe and friendly without a mask! And outside is where I knew. If you've been unsure or lost or confused about what to wear, the dress whisper (Denise) is where you will find it! I cannot thank her enough. She even helped my mom find a stunning dress!!!

Sent on 08/01/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Nothing makes me happier than being called "the dress whisperer" - actually I think it is just understanding our bride's needs and body type which is what drives me to find the right dress for our brides. A Persnickety Bride really has a good sense of self, but just needs that little touch and ability to find the right dress for her special day. It's about listening, and learning our bride - learning who they are and what makes them happy. I do amaze myself when I hit the nail on the head the very first time. It's a very fun and rewarding job and brides like you Rose are the reason I am so passionate about my company and our business! xoxo Thank you. Denise, Emily and Aeryn
  • Carolyn

Carolyn DiMicco · Getting married on 10/16/2021

Amazing Experience

Denise is absolutely amazing! Not only is she quick to respond, BUT SHE LOVES WHAT SHE DOES! Her passion and joy completely comes through in ANY interaction you have with her. Even in setting up my appointment, I knew Denise would find my dress. The weeks leading up to my bridal appointment sold me on becoming a Persnickety Bride well before I found my dress. Denise makes you feel like valued as a customer and like one of her long-time friends right from the start. A truly unique experience - Denise takes the time to get to know you before your appointment so when the day comes, she knows your style and it’s really like hanging out with your close friend! Not only that, but I fall more in love with my dress each day. Great selection. Gorgeous dresses. Amazing experience.

Sent on 08/24/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Your joy this past weekend in getting yourself measured for your beautiful custom Lea Ann Belter dress was magical. You and your mom were so excited to move on to the next step in your wedding gown journey. I loved your shoes and they were perfect for the dress. I can't wait to see both of you again. Thank you for the beautiful testimonial - I am just so happy to have all my beautiful brides glowing on their wedding day. Anything I can to to make it the best day ever - I am there!!! xoxo Love Denise

Corina Dasilva · Getting married on 07/10/2021

What an experience

Go to the shop and you won’t regret it!

Sent on 06/19/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Thanks so much Corina for your review! You are such a sweetheart. Take care and I will see you again soon! xoxo Denise
  • Megan

Megan Poitras · Getting married on 07/10/2021

WOW WOW WOW! Absolutely incredible experience!

The Persnickety Bride is hands down THE place to go if you want an incredibly dress shopping experience and a gorgeous dress. I can't say enough wonderful things about Denise and The Persnickety Bride! The store is filled with gorgeous, high quality gowns. Every dress in the store is absolutely beautiful. I ended up purchasing the first dress I put on! The minute I stepped into it, I burst into tears. It was so beautiful and Denise nailed my personal style. The dress is everything I dreamed it would be and more! Denise makes wedding dress shopping easy, personalized, and fun! She is so welcoming and an absolute blast. The level of customer service and care she shows for each bride is unmatched. I am so thrilled to be a Persnickety Bride! I can't imagine a better dress shopping experience. I am still over the moon! Thank you, Denise!

Sent on 07/12/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Dear Megan, This has to be one of the most endearing testimonials. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have such a passion for what I do - and so much of this is driven by my brides. To be able just to learn about you, your fiance Eric, your plans for your wedding day. I was thrilled to have pulled the first dress that you fell in love with as your own. I always put brides into more dresses just to be absolutely sure - but when I got word that this was your dress and we had the second appointment set up - I was so happy for you. Congratulations - you looked absolutely gorgeous in your dress! Can't wait to work on the rest of your wedding planning with you.

Lauren · Getting married on 06/26/2021

Come here if you want all your bridal dreams to come true!

Review
    Where do I even start! The Persnickety Bride was my first bridal shop. Before I came in, I was given a personal lookbook link to favorite the dresses they had. Denise FaceTimed me the day of and we talked a bit without masks about my wedding style, venue, etc. It was quick, but made me feel like she cared about me and wanted to be prepared. And boy was she - they had all my favorited dresses out and ready for me to try! Every dress I tried, Denise was quick to clip me with various very strong clips that made each dress look like it fitted me perfectly. She asked what I liked and didn’t like, and we refined my style with each new dress she pulled. For those concerned about COVID, we all wore masks, her darling daughter steamed/sanitized each dress after I was done considering it, and I was the only appointment at that time. Being an overanalyzer though, I wasn’t prepared to buy a dress at my first stop, but not once did Denise pressure me! Instead, she spent time educating me on the different fabric qualities, the production times, and the designers, and cautioned me to ask other shops “this” and look out for “that.” I went to 2 other shops, and from the weak binder clips that flew off the dress if I moved (making me feel insecure), to their unsolicited opinions and pressures to buy a dress that day, leaving each made me appreciate Denise even more. Let me tell you, I RAN back to Mama Denise!! She gives constructive criticism only on the dress itself if you ask (“this drop waist isn’t as flattering as those natural waists”), points out all the beautiful intricacies of the dress, and gives you the space and time to think for yourself. She makes the process so fun that time just flies by. She’s fiercely loyal to the bride, supporting your choices and emphasizing your happiness first and foremost. She’s the only bridal vendor who has made me feel like a special, unique bride with my own vision, and not just another sale. I wish I could get married every year (to my same fiancé of course lol) just so I could spend more time trying dresses with Denise! I can’t stop singing her praises and if you visit her, you’ll feel the same. Walking into her shop was the best bridal decision I could’ve made (other than saying yes to my fiancé) - it truly is a one-of-a-kind one-stop shop and I can’t wait to go back for other items! Thank you Mama Denise for taking care of me and making my dress dreams come true!!

Sent on 09/23/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

My sweetheart Lauren - OMG you just made me cry!!! Honestly - I love having the connection that I do with you. It means so much to me that my brides find what makes them truly gorgeous in a wedding dress. You and I clicked from the moment we spoke. I am glad you went and educated yourself on other dresses. I'm happy you had your beautiful wedding dress brought in for you as a loaner. You put careful thought into purchasing your dress and you really knew what you loved. That is all I can ever ask - is that my brides work through the processes in choosing the right dress for you - from the time you will be in the dress to how you will accessorize it. All of this is part of making you - your most beautiful you!! Thank you so much for becoming a Persnickety Bride. I am excited to continue our journey together during this exciting time in your life. xoxo!!! Fondly, Denise
  • Suzi

Suzi Rebecca Wright · Getting married on 05/29/2021

The best little bridal boutique

I came to Persnickety a couple months ago and instantly fell in love with their dresses and staff. I had so much fun trying on gowns and just spending time in the store. I knew that I would be back again to get my prefect dress.
    When I came back it was like we were all old friends and they knew exactly my style and what dresses I needed to try. I loved how personalized the experience felt. They really are just spectacular at what they do.
    I have found the perfect gown that feels like it was made for me. I am so proud to say that I am a Persnickety Bride :)

I would highly recommend this shop!

Sent on 03/01/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Suzanne I was so happy to see you come back to the shop with your Moms bestie "Auntie" and your girlfriends. You have such a great support system of women. It was so sweet to meet your mom via FaceTime to go over each dress with you. You looked beautiful in so many of our dresses - but YOUR dress is extremely gorgeous and so perfect for you. It's elegant and timeless and you look stunning in it! I am so happy that you joined The Persnickety Bride family. Thank you for your business and most importantly your friendship. It means the world to me and all us ladies here at The Persnickety Bride!! xoxo Denise
  • Dani

Dani · Getting married on 05/22/2021

Best Wedding Dress Shop!!!

The best shop! Denise is so knowledgeable, fun, and makes you feel like you’re at home and have known her forever!!! There is an incredible selection but you never feel overwhelmed by the choices, 100% recommend everyone to go find their dream dress here!!

Sent on 10/13/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Dani - you are such a doll. I had such a great time with you and your family. You did a great job in narrowing down your choices. You picked such a gorgeous Justin Alexander Signature dress!! Thank you so much for becoming a Persnickety Bride!!
    xoxo
    Denise

Kelsey · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Beautiful and affordable stationary

We just put our save the dates in the mail last night and cannot help but feel so grateful to the Persnickety Bride. I did not think it would be possible to actively plan my wedding during a quarantine but Denise and Emily helped it go off without a hitch by using zoom meetings and email. I am a very hands on person but it was easy to put my trust in Denise and Emily; their expertise and advice with all things bridal is so comforting. You also cannot beat that personal touch when it comes to doing your stationary via the Persnickety Bride vs DIY alternatives. There were many things I would have never even thought about that Denise brought to my attention. This process was not only easy but so much fun! I cannot recommend the Persnickety Bride enough, they are fabulous!

Sent on 06/17/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Awwwww Kelsey thank you for such a lovely review. You just made Emily and my day!! We totally love our brides, grooms and families and I am proud to say we are dedicated to creating a positive and happy experience for everyone. These are very trying times - but I am very fortunate to have great staff and wonderful clients. I am so happy that you found our work diligence and "persnickety-ness" to be fun and helpful. We LOVE doing Zoom appointments for paper and think it is a great way to connect with our couples and really give a great run down of product. We are sure to pick awesome paper for you as we know what we provide. There is a lot of trust in the process and we are so happy we provide that piece of mind!!! Thanks again and you know we are here for you for the rest of you planning xoxo much love - Denise, Emily, Lori and Aeryn
  • Samantha

Samantha Ciaccia · Getting married on 05/06/2021

The most special experience

The best, most memorable part of my wedding planning experience (so far) has taken place at The Persnickety Bride with Denise and her girls.  It's hard to decide where to start because there are a million and one reasons why this bridal store is so special.  From the moment I made my appointment online, Denise made me feel like family. She reached out and talked to me about how I can prepare, what I should bring and what I should think about before arriving.  They offered an online portal where I could browse through all the dresses and favorite the styles I liked.  Based on that, they pulled them all ahead of time so when I arrived it was organized, efficient, and zero stress.  Upon arrival, the store was ADORABLE, so clean, and felt like a fairytale.  They had two huge fancy chairs where my Mom got to sit and feel special.  Denise herself was a little ball of energy, who we fell in love with immediately.  She was warm, funny, and just overall someone you want to spend time with.  Now - to the dresses.  After sitting and chatting for a few minutes, Denise said "I know which dress I want you to put on first."    Let me tell you ... this woman knows what she is doing.  Before the first dress was even zipped, I burst into tears.  I knew it was mine as soon as she threw it over my head! It was just like I saw in the TV shows... when I made my grand exit my Mom burst into tears too.  From that point on, Denise was patient and encouraged me to try on all the other dresses I selected.  Nothing matched that first dress - I said "OBSESSED WITH THE DRESS!"  I appreciated how they wanted me to utilize my full hour appointment, they did not rush me, and once I decided we had a champagne toast celebration.  I'm now working with Denise for Save the Dates, Invitations, etc.  Denise and her team of girls are so delightful and fun to work with.  If you want an experience to remember, go to the Persnickety Bride and see Denise!

Sent on 08/03/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Samantha - the joy on your face when you put on your dress is what makes my heart so happy in this business. There is nothing like a bride to be looking and herself with such excitement and knowing that she was in "the one" - it's a pretty darn special moment for me - especially when I just pick up the dress and put it on the bride. Now I have to say this happens a lot in our shop - brides don't realize that this all comes from listening to the bride. Looking at their body and more listening. Samantha was literally shocked - but she was absolutely stunning and gorgeous in her dress - there was no doubt in any minds - but as usual I make them get into a bunch of other gowns to be absolutely sure. Especially if this is your first "rodeo" at a shop!!! I am so thrilled that you are so happy honey - you look gorgeous and I love that you are using your sister's veil it looks awesome with the dress. Can't wait to see how your invitations and other items come out now!!! Love working with you and mom - I hope you continue to enjoy your journey as A Persnickety Bride xoxo Denise , Emily and Aeryn

Ashley L · Getting married on 03/12/2021

Wedding Dress Fun!

The Persnickety Bride had a great selection of dresses. I walked in not what I wanted and it was stress free. So many beautiful options to choose from and friendly staff who were so very helpful. I was planing on wearing a simple "little white dress" for my elopement and then a gown for a later reception; however, I was able to find an amazing dress that could be ready within 2 months. This was a pleasant surprise since I did not think that could happen and did not need to compromise on the style I would have chosen to get something in a short time period. To add to their great customer service, they were able to provide me the name of a trusted seamstress nearby for any alterations. Couldn't have had a more wonderful experience.

Sent on 11/12/2019

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Ashley I simply LOVE the "Whitney" dress that you purchased. I remember Lori coming to me and saying how quickly you were getting married (In Central Park - so romantic) and then the family event I think it was like a week or two later. I was so so so happy to find that dress in a size 4 in the warehouse just waiting for you!!! I was like what a gift. We got it in a few days and off you went to our seamstress. Your wedding pictures were so beautiful and I remember the day of your reception you came in with your husband to grab a hairpiece. Honestly - for someone who was able to do it "on the fly" - you ended up with everything you could have wanted and we couldn't have been happier to help you out. I can't say that it happens all the time - but it did happen for you! Thank you so much for becoming A Persnickety Bride and congrats on the start of your new family!! xoxo Denise
  • Michelle

Michelle Chewens · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Intimate & meaningful shopping experience!

Denise and her staff run a fabulous little boutique dress shop in Connecticut. The experience was everything I could have hoped for. She had a beautiful selection of dresses and did a great job helping me figure out exactly what I was looking for. Once I said 'Yes,' she had champagne waiting and a little gift bag as well. I would highly recommend Persnickety Bride if you're looking for a intimate and individualistic shopping experience!

Sent on 12/01/2019

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Dear Michelle, Thank you so much for your lovely testimonial!!! I am so happy you, your mom and your sister drove from Cornwall on Hudson, NY to come to the shop. I so enjoyed our time together and was thrilled that you found your beautiful Lola dress with US!!! So supper exciting! It is terrific that you were able to come during the week as it is so great to give a more personal experience to my brides. Thanks again for becoming a Persnickety Bride! I can't wait to see you and "the girls" again soon! If you need anything else please let me know xoxo Denise
  • Riley

Riley McEwen · Getting married on 12/09/2020

Amazing experiance

I found The Persnickety Bride after a google search of bridal stores in the area. I can't say enough good things about the store, my experience and especially Denise & her daughter Erin! I came with my mom, one sister & bridesmaid. Denise listened to what I wanted, helped me select several gowns to try on and offered her advice on each one. She helped me find my dress within my budget and I love it! We had a morning appointment and had total privacy. She truly made me feel like it was MY time to shine (Which is was) & she made my experience completely stress free, which is so important since everything wedding is typically stressful. I highly recommend The Persnickety Bride to anyone who is looking for a beautiful, cost effective bridal gown. Thank you Denise & Erin!!

Sent on 12/01/2019

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Riley - I had the best time with you, mom and bridesmaid. I loved the gown you selected it is so perfect for the plan you have for your celebration! I can't wait to see how the rest of your planning unfolds - thank you for such a lovely review. Like I tell my brides all the time - no stress. Just relax and you will feel it happen! xoxo Denise
  • Ashlie

Ashlie · Getting married on 12/05/2020

Amazing Experience!

I am so happy when a specific dress led me to The Persnickety Bride. I was feeling pretty down about dress searching during a pandemic but I had so much fun with my appointment with Denise that I pretty much forgot I was wearing a mask. Having the zoom call before hand was such a great idea! The store is so pretty and Denise was so awesome and helpful! I felt so at home every time I came to the store which really helped me be able to come to a decision. I so highly recommend going here for your dress!

Sent on 06/30/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Totally love my Ashlie girl! She and i had the best Zoom chat to start off with that i had a good sense of what she was looking for. i do love my Actress brides (i have so far had three of them) and each of them bring out the best in me. They have all had great drama vibes -like they are talented fun loving and just want something that is so them!!! Ashlie was trying to keep to her budget (which was a decent one i may add) but i didn't want her to go over budget to be happy. Well she found one of our beautiful Justin Alexander Signature dress that was ridiculously beautiful on her and gave her the grandeur, romance and spectacular look that she wanted to achieve. - Best off she bought it right off the rack! She got a super price on this beauty and with some added touches of her own design - I can't wait to see the wedding pictures - i am so so excited!!! Ashlie - thank you for becoming A persnickety Bride - you are awesome and i am so glad you found us!!! xoxo Denise
  • Marta

Marta · Getting married on 11/06/2020

Denise is your fairy godmother!!!

I absolutely loved working with Denise and her team. She helped me find my perfect dress. I went in about 3 times before I truly found the one and only dress. She’s even helping me customize a jacket to go with it. She has excellent quality gowns and vendors and is always looking out for your best interest.

Sent on 05/27/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Marta you and your mom are so much fun to be around. You look so gorgeous in your Justin Alexander dress. I loved seeing the picture you sent after the dress got sent to your moms house (darn covid)!!! I now can’t wait to see what the jacket is going to look like - I know that Irene will do an awesome job!! Thank you so much for becoming a Persnickety Bride it means a lot to me and to my entire staff!!

Diana Newman · Married on 10/17/2020

All Brides should be Persnickety Brides!

The Persnickety Bride gave me an experience I will never forget. Denise and the rest of them team were so personable and focused on me from the moment I walked into the shop. She made sure to listen to what I wanted and what I was looking for in a dress, and I found the one that very same day! I will be forever greatful and I hope all brides choose to become a Persnickety Bride!

Sent on 03/10/2019

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Diana you looked radiant in your dress and the matching veil. The joy that you had with that wedding dress really touched me. It is one of our favorite dresses here at The Persnickety Bride and we are so proud to handle the Justin Alexander Signature line of wedding dresses. They are truly spectacular works of art, from the crepes, to the hand beaded dresses they are truly masterpieces. I get very excited when a bride purchase one as the quality is incredible and the look amazing. I'm also so grateful to Marianne my past bride for bringing you and your mother in the shop. We love our intimate setting and are so happy you enjoyed the way we work with our brides to make it a very special experience. Thank you for your lovely review and more importantly = thank you for becoming A Persnickety Bride xoxo Denise
  • Claire

Claire Rowella · Married on 10/17/2020

Made Ordering Invitations Easy!

Denise and Emily were incredibly easy to work with and VERY responsive. I used them for my wedding invitation suite, but since we were all in quarantine due to Covid, I wasn't able to visit in person which made me nervous, but they answered all my questions and addressed all my concerns. We had our initial Zoom call in which I was able to let them know my thoughts and they were able to take it from there! Every step of the way, there was ample communication and I never felt like I couldn't ask a question or address a concern. I highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/15/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Dear Claire - thank you for your lovely review. We thank you so much for putting your trust in our group here at The Persnickety Bride, especially our dear Emily who handled your project. Handling your invitations via a Zoom appointment can be daunting, but I know the work we produce and just know our clients will be happy with the results. Your positive review will let others know that whether they live near or far, quarantined or not, we can do it all for them. Through zoom or live in person we are here for all our brides. Thank you again for becoming a Persnickety Bride. If you need anything at all favors, monogramed robes, or any other accessories, jewelry -gifts for your maids and groomsmen - we are here. You can purchase on line or call us. We are all about your big day and beyond. Much happiness always xoxo Denise, Emily and Aeryn

Lauren M · Married on 10/10/2020

A wonderful experience!

I would rate Persnickety Bride a 10 if I could! Denise was an absolute pleasure to work with. She is incredibly knowledgeable and warm. I recommend Denise and The Persnickety Bride without hesitation.

Sent on 08/19/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Lauren I am so happy that I was able to find that gorgeous Calla Blanche dress for you. It is literally perfect for you, your day and for your venue. I am so excited to see pictures of you wedding. If you need anything else please know that we are hear for you!! xoxo Denise , Emily and Aeryn

Jamie B · Married on 10/09/2020

Great Experience

I got my wedding dress at The Persnickety Bride and I couldn’t love it more! Lori and Denise were very friendly, helpful and were genuinely excited for me. I had a great time and am so excited I found my dress at The Persnickety Bride!

Sent on 12/06/2019

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Jamie you looked absolutely beautiful in your wedding dress. It's so romantic. Can't wait to see your wedding pictures! Thank you for your lovely review! xoxo Denise

Danielle · Married on 09/12/2020

Denise- my real life Fairy Godmother

I was referred to The Persnickety Bride by a friend who had nothing but wonderful things to say! However, I must admit, I was a bit skeptical at first, as I did not have the best luck at other bridal shops before coming to The Persnickety Bride. Nevertheless, all I can say is that my expectations of this bridal shop and the staff were exceeded!!! As soon as I walked in I immediately felt like this was the shop I was going to get my wedding dress at! The Persnickety Bride is a one of a kind shop and so is Denise and the rest of her staff. Having a one-on-one appointment with Denise offered such an intimate experience and it was almost like Denise and I had been friends forever. She was so patient and honest with me the entire time, while also making sure I felt comfortable, special, and beautiful throughout my appointment. Denise is a truly special person, someone who genuinely cares for all of the brides that come into the shop. You can tell she wants everyone to feel exceptional from the moment they try on a dress until the moment they leave the shop. Thank you to Denise and the Staff at The Persnickety Bride, you helped make my wedding dress dreams come true!!!

Sent on 05/28/2020
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Jones · Married on 08/29/2020

11/10 dress shopping experience

Denise (the owner) was FANTASTIC, and helped guide me to find the dress of my dreams! I had tried dresses on at other boutiques, but when I came to The Persnickety Bride was impressed by the variety of inventory, the sincere helpfulness of the staff, and the stylist's ability to assess what I wanted/felt comfortable in rather than pushing me in a certain direction. At no point did I feel like I was being rushed or pressured, which has happened at other bridal shops. Would recommend 1000x over

Sent on 02/04/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Caitlin I so enjoyed my time with you and your mom. I was so happy that we were able to find the dress of your dreams. I'm am always so happy when I get to explore choices with brides that have an open mind to try different dresses on and styles. You looked great in everything you tried on - but there was that special something extra with your wedding dress that was just undeniable. I am so happy she was your choice and I can't wait to see her come in and see how beautiful you are going to look in her. SO excited!!! You and Mom are welcome to stop in any time at all in between and if you need help with custom stationery, favors you name it I am here for you!!! xoxo Denise

Melinda Corso · Married on 08/29/2020

Spectacular

It was such a blessing finding Persnicky bride! They were a perfect match for us and our stationary! Denise and staff are so sweet and professional. They know exactly what brides want and inform brides on information that a new bride like myself learns from! The process was effortless. They are genuine. So heartfelt and took the time to sit down with us as long as we needed! They are very experienced so it did not take long at all. The shop is adorable. There’s so much they offer. Hard to leave walking by the cutest purses jewelry and dresses in her store. They take pride in their work and they really love their brides and family of the brides so much. Once our invitations were done the only part we were sad about was not seeing Denise and Emily! They have the best positive and upbeat personalities that ease the stressors that come with wedding planning! We felt 100% comfortable and like a weight was lifted off our shoulders once Denise stepped in and helped planned our invites! Not a worry in the world with such an expert! Our invitations are so beautiful. Also with covid-19 she went out of her way to help me put together my invitations. She used any form of technology that was helpful while in quarantine to emails, zoom, FaceTime, step by step pictures of the invitations and how they should be put together. Beyond grateful. Such amazing service to each and every bride!

Sent on 05/12/2020

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

Melinda honey I am going to cry all over again. You and your mother are so sweet. It just breaks my heart to see all you kids going through changes of plans, some of you (like you sweetheart) getting sick - it's just so difficult. Nancy and Melinda were so collaborative. I love working with families who really work with the process and provides us what we need so we can do the best job we can do! Especially during a Pandemic. Like I say to everyone - I try to make our word here like gold. We strive to be your guide through this wedding process. We work hard to do the best job and get to what the couple and family want without any pain or drama. What we say we are going to do - is exactly what we do. We help, we create, we strive to be the best we can be. We want our clients to be overjoyed with the outcome of what they receive. I am old school and will always be sure that our customer service and products are outstanding. Thank you both for this beautiful testimonial. You touch my heart so and I can't wait to see pictures of the wedding xoxo Denise and Emily!
  • Carolyn

Carolyn Bradshaw · Married on 08/15/2020

Amazing Experience!

Before my appointment at The Persnickety Bride, I had tried on so many beautiful dresses, but couldn't articulate what was missing. When I came in, Denise had me describe the vision for my wedding and within 15 minutes I was in my dream dress, speechless. She turned what had been a stressful, uncertain process into an unforgettable experience that I will cherish forever. I am honored to be a Persnickety Bride, thank you Denise and team!

Sent on 12/08/2019

The Persnickety Bride's reply:

My Dear Carolyn - you looked so beautiful today in your wedding gown. the straps came out awesome! Thank you for your lovely testimonial. I love to have brides visualize in words what their plans are for their wedding. Understanding their style and what really feels right and beautiful for each individual young lady is so important in finding the perfect wedding gown. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us. xoxo Denise