19 Reviews for SUPERHERO HULA

Dance Lessons (1)

Sarah was such lovely addition to our wedding reception! She was on very professional and gave such a graceful performance. Many of our out of town guests participated in her mini hula lesson and had a blast!

We definitely recommend Wanna Hula for any event, especially for first time Hawaii visitors!

Mahalo Sarah for sharing your love for Hula with our friends and family!

des & david

Profile Picture Desiree, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Beautiful hula, loved how she danced around the room, and super fun.

Profile Picture Lori and Kevin, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sarah was an amazing teacher! I felt very comfortable with her and had so much fun. She worked with me to create my love story for my husband on our wedding night. Everyone was taking back and very impressed by my hula moves! All thanks to Sarah...beautiful person inside and out. Thank you for making my day even more memorable. Love and aloha

Profile Picture North Shore Bird, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

First of all, Sarah is an amazing teacher. I took lessons from her to learn a hula for my husband as a surprise at our wedding. I had never taken a dance class before and she made it so easy. She really took the time to best figure out my learning style, which is the mark of an excellent teacher.

For my hula, she created a dance that was specific to the moves that I naturally do best. She took the time to teach me, not only the moves, but also the meaning behind the movements. This made such a difference in the intent and storytelling aspect of the hula, which is what I originally wanted to convey to my husband.

I cannot emphasize enough how amazing and fun Sarah is as a teacher. She encourages and motivates in the perfect ways and the outcome is amazing. My husband was completely surprised and loved my hula on the wedding day. His family is Hawaiian and it meant so much to me that they appreciated the dance and all the work that went into it. They were really impressed and I have Sarah to thank for it. I recommend her 100% and am so grateful that she was my teacher!

Profile Picture Rachel, 3/21/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sarah is very professional and accommodating! She was able to make our wedding very special and FUN!! Our guests really enjoyed the musicians that she was able to book for us...they were AWESOME!!! I can't believe that I had so much fun at our wedding watching our out-of-town guests do the hula and then do some tahitian dancing! Our videos on this are priceless, I've watched countless times since.

Thanks to Sarah, we had a really memorable and enjoyable (not to mention FUN) reception.

Profile Picture Nikki, 8/26/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Unique Services (Other)

The Hula lessons to the Out of Town guest, and the father of the bride was the most fun that I ever had at a wedding, or any other celebration. I would highly recommend Wanna Hula to any one that wants to get entertained while learning how to hula.

Profile Picture User2633785, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Unique Services (Other)

Sarah Provided excellent customer service before, during, and after the wedding. The live music and hula entertainment was perfect!

Profile Picture Ryan, 8/26/12, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sarah was the HIGHLIGHT at our wedding reception! She danced one song solo and then did an audience participation number that had our guests cheering until we were hoarse! Definitely do the audience participation bit-- your guests will have a blast! I can't say enough about how fantastic Sarah was, and how much our guests enjoyed this surprise performance.

In the time leading up to the wedding, Sarah was responsive, professional, and very sweet. I highly recommend Wanna Hula--- Thank you for making our day Sarah!

Profile Picture Renee, 5/26/12, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

If you are thinking about hiring Wanna Hula for your event, stop thinking about and DO IT! You will never regret this decision. I first found Wanna Hula on YouTube. After months and months of searching for entertainment for my Oahu wedding, looking through countless websites & videos. As soon as I watched the first video, I knew my search was complete.

I was in contact with Sarah Chang for about a year before my wedding date. I must say, Sarah’s customer service skills are top notch, and you will not find anyone more pleasant or professional to deal with.

The package I chose was an ukulele player, 5 hula dancers, 3 musicians & a fire knife dancer.

Our ukulele player/singer, Ashley, was just what I was looking for for my entrance into the ceremony. I had countless compliments from my guests regarding her performance, i.e. “she gave me goose bumps when she started singing at the ceremony!” Ashley was joined by 2 other musicians at our reception, and did an outstanding job accompanying the dancers for their act.

The hula dancers, led by Sarah Chang, were so graceful. I have seen many performers in Hawaii, and to date, Wanna Hula’s dancers have put on the best show, and were absolutely beautiful.

Everyone was impressed with our Fire knife dancer, who put on a great show outside our reception location. He had our guests and passerby’s ooh-ing and ahh-ing with his expertise by the moonlight.

I can’t express how much my husband and I appreciate all the hard work and dedication we received from everyone at Wanna Hula, namely Sarah Chang. She bent over backwards to make things work for our event. I know if I ever need to hire some entertainment in Hawaii again, that I will definitely re-hire Wanna Hula, there is no question about that.

Mahalo, Sarah and all of your wonderful entertainers!

Profile Picture Daisy, 4/27/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Entertainer

Sarah is the person to go to if you're wanting to do a Hula or Tahitian dance on your big day! I wanted to surprise my husband with something special and fun. Since there was only a month and a half left until my wedding day, I wasn't sure if I would be able to learn and memorize a routine fast enough. After an hour and a half with Sarah, I was so happy I decided to go for it! Sarah is very sweet, patient, and good at what she does. In a short amount of time, she was able to teach me a routine based on what movements looked best for me within my capabilities. She was quick and creative. I opted to get a video recording of the routine so I could practice. With that said, Sarah does her very best to work with you to create a unique dance that best suits you, but it's all in your hands from there. I was very pleased with my experience and highly recommend Wanna Hula! My hubby's face during the surprise was priceless and I'll never forget it :) Thanks again Sarah!

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/22/11, 3 Reviews

Sarah,
Mahalo nui loa! Your solo performance and the tahitian dance were both absolutely beautiful and everyone was mesmorized. I truly appreciate how you and your dancer included yellow, my favorite color, into your costumes. Your performance was a huge highlight of our wedding. thank you for honoring our requests, for your professionalism, and for the ALOHA SPIRIT :)
Through the beauty of your hula dance to Lei Halia, which we dedicate to the memory of my beloved uncle, I felt his shining spirit around me.

-JG

Profile Picture JG, 5/5/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

04/30/11 - I don't know where to begin :) I was so overwhelmingly impressed and happy with the show provided. Everything was amazing!!! I am especially happy that I requested a song that I saw at another luau, it was even more mesmerizing by the "Wanna Hula" demonstration, I almost cried, she danced it so beautifully and really captivated the whole audience, so gifted! I never thought Sarah Chang, who I coordinated the event with was one of the dancers, but it is a good thing I was wrong, she is so talented! About 95% of the people in the wedding reception room had never seen a show like that before and they all LOVED it! Everyone had so much fun and was entertained the entire time! There were more dancers there than I paid for, and that was a happy freebie for me!!! (and all the guests ;) I loved the volunteer dancing part, and my groom dancing with the hula girls too - he did pretty awesome himself! :) So much fun! I could go on and on, it was AMAZING! I hope your dancers had as much fun as we did :) Love, Gina and Memo :)

Profile Picture Gina, 4/30/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sarah was very knowledgeable, flexible, understanding, and easy to work with. Sarah coordinated the ukelele player for our ceremony, as well as hula dancers and DJ for our reception. They all did an amazing job...we couldn't have asked for anything more. They were all a big part of making our wedding day such a success. Thank you so much to Wanna Hula!

Profile Picture Andrea, 1/11/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Unique Services (Other)

My coordinator had suggested that we hire a hula dancer and fireknife dancer for a 15 min show after our small beach ceremony and before we went off to dinner for our reception... and WOW was that a great idea!!

Wanna Hula was fantastic! I actually surprised my groom and all of our guests by having a little Hawaiian show and everybody absolutely loved it!! It was just that little something special that made our day perfect!

Thank you, Sarah!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/10/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I was so excited to have wanna hula perform at my wedding. When they came out everyone was blown away and it put the wedding over the top! It added something extra that my guests were not expecting. Thanks wanna hula! You guys were amazing!

Profile Picture Heidi, 7/10/10, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

You are awesome! I was so nervous for the tahitian dance that I forgot to do half of it, but you told me I looked and did great. That meant a lot to me. I also really enjoyed following your instruction to do a dance with my husband in front of our guests. What a fun surprise!

Guests shared with me that while we were having our pics taken you and Ellen pulled everyone out of their seats to learn some hula. Thank you for providing such fun, outstanding hawaiian entertainment!

Profile Picture Kathy, 2/28/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sarah Ching was great and fun to work with. She choreographed and taught me how to dance to my husband's favorite hawaiian song for our wedding. She choreographed the dance in a way that i could also incorporate my own personal flair and style. It was so much fun. My husband and family loved the dance. I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture karen , 1/18/09, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I hired Sarah of Wanna Hula to dance at my wedding as a surprise for my husband. She was very easy to work this and did an amazing job. My guests all loved her and they still talk about it to this day. I would recommend Wanna Hula to anyone looking for Hawaii Hula Lessons or Tahitian classes.

Profile Picture Crystal, 6/7/08, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

She was great hula teacher! I didn't have any experiences but she taught me kindly. I chould dance in front of my guests with confidence. I definietly recommend her!!

Profile Picture Mina, 4/22/06, 1 Review