154 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About Julie Allen Bridals

Based in Newtown, Connecticut, Julie Allen Bridals is a wedding dress shop and bridal boutique. From beautiful styles to personalized service, the staff promises to make your shopping experience fun and stress-free. They can provide attire for brides, bridesmaids, flower girls and mothers of the bride and groom.

Experience

The team at Julie Allen Bridals has been making brides feel beautiful since 1970. Today, the company is owned and operated by Julie’s family.

Products Offered

This bridal boutique is devoted to helping you shop in a fun and friendly environment. They offer heirloom services, alterations, cleaning, preservation, trunk shows, sample sales and appointments. Julie Allen Bridals also provides the following items:

• Bridal

Ruffled wedding dress
85ab2cdf 102d 4c05 891b 761a369edfce 51 36040

158 Reviews for Julie Allen Bridals

Julia Thompson · Getting married on 10/22/2022

Fantastic family owned and run business

My family and I had a wonderful time shopping for my wedding gown here. All of the staff, including the owner and daughter were extremely warm, inviting and attentive. They helped me to find the dress of my dreams and I cannot be happier. They were easy going and really helped us to feel welcome in the shop. I highly recommend for any bride looking for a really personal and easy going experience and somewhere that really cares about you as a bride. I'm so thankful I chose them and I look forward to continuing to work with them as I come back for fittings leading up to my special day! I feel confident in my choice and I know I will look amazing on my day thanks to these women.

Sent on 08/12/2020
  • Dominique

Dominique Canestri · Married on 10/31/2020

Dont go anywhere else!

The staff at Julie Allen Bridal is AAAHHHMAZING!!! I can't thank them enough for all their help with finding me and my mother in law dresses. I'd gone to several other stores before coming across their shop and later learning my mother in law had purchased her gown from Miss Allen 35 years before. Every other bridal store pretty much disregarded me or offered me little to no help and I was getting discouraged. I wasn't the average customer - I wanted a specific type of gown / look and it had to be black! Not to mention we had time constraints to make our Halloween 2020 wedding date. They were able to give me multiple choices that fit my budget and worked to find something I was over the moon for. They truly went above and beyond to find something I absolutely loved and were generous enough to wave the rush fee for me which is incredibly generous considering they're a small shop that went through months of closure because of the virus. They really care about the customers and it shows.

I also want to mention that I was impressed with how well run they are given the current pandemic. Most shops are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, are refusing to open or have such stringent measure that its nearly pointless to even attempt to gown shop. Given all of the COVID 19 restrictions and limitations the staff is able to maintain an extremely clean and sanitary environment while still providing exceptional service. Ill recommend them to anyone and everyone looking for a bridal or special occasion gown.

Sent on 05/28/2020
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Ruospo · Married on 10/11/2020

Yes to the dress

Jessica was AMAZING! She heard everything that I was saying and assured me that I wasn’t being difficult and in the end, I said yes to the dress!! I would recommend everyone and anyone to go there! They made me feel like a was a celebrity!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Julie Allen Bridals FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    Under $500
    $500 - $999
    $1,000 - $2,499
    $2,500 - $3,999
  • How do you price dress alterations?
    By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Bridesmaids
    Flower Girls
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Appointments Only
    Preservation
    Sample Sales
    Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Bridal Gowns
    Hair Accessories
    Jewelry
    Plus Size Gowns
    Sample Gowns
    Undergarments
    Veils
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Monthly

2 Real Weddings

• Make Up by Candee Caldwell Wedding Hair & Makeup

Julie Allen Bridal: Melanie, Lauren and the staff have been wonderful. Over the years I have worked with them on different project in the wedding business. Doing makeup for photo shoots featuring their weddings dresses and bridal shows. Their confidence in the line of bridal wear and how to accessorizes is impeccable. I'm very excited to have them dress me as well. Thank you, ladies!

• Hawk Photography Wedding Photographers

Julie Allen Bridals is well known in Connecticut for excellent service to brides to be.

• 154 South Main Street Newtown, CT, 06470 See on map
    2034264378 (Phone number)
    Tuesday 10-5 Wednesday 10-4 Thursday 10-8 Friday 10-4 Saturday 9-4 Closed Sunday and Monday
    Location of (Julie Allen Bridals)