154 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 3

About Julie Allen Bridals

Based in Newtown, Connecticut, Julie Allen Bridals is a wedding dress shop and bridal boutique. From beautiful styles to personalized service, the staff promises to make your shopping experience fun and stress-free. They can provide attire for brides, bridesmaids, flower girls and mothers of the bride and groom.

Experience

The team at Julie Allen Bridals has been making brides feel beautiful since 1970. Today, the company is owned and operated by Julie’s family.

Products Offered

This bridal boutique is devoted to helping you shop in a fun and friendly environment. They offer heirloom services, alterations, cleaning, preservation, trunk shows, sample sales and appointments. Julie Allen Bridals also provides the following items:

• Bridal

Julie Allen Bridals 7
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Ruospo · Getting married on 10/11/2020

Yes to the dress

Jessica was AMAZING! She heard everything that I was saying and assured me that I wasn’t being difficult and in the end, I said yes to the dress!! I would recommend everyone and anyone to go there! They made me feel like a was a celebrity!

Sent on 09/07/2019
    Julie Allen Bridals 8
  • Katie

Katie · Getting married on 11/22/2019

Excellent- Finally got to try gowns on in my size

Awesome experience, found my dress, and got to try on exactly what I thought I wanted as well, and then picked a slightly different bottom because it just felt more like me. I was trying on size bridal 14, but ordered a bridal 16, so I’m just pointing out to all the curvier, Fuller brides, this store made me feel better than Kleinfeld’s (where I had to dry on size bridal 10 and had no idea what the over budget dress would look like.
    Al Julie Allen Bridals, I found my perfect dress, under budget, ordered it and have not had any buyers remorse. I’m getting married 11/22/19, paid about $2300 for a full embellished sweetheart ballgown and have heard my dress should come in mid August. I’ll update if i have a different experience here with alterations but I don’t not expect this. Bottom line, check it out.

Sent on 03/16/2019
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 07/27/2019

When I met Lauren and Goldie met Piper

I had such a wonderful experience working with Julie Allen Bridal and it resulted in me getting married in the dress of my dreams! Before my appointment at Julie Allen, I was feeling discouraged after unsuccessful searches at 4 other bridal salons. I fell in love with a dress right away at Julie Allen and was obsessed with everything about it except for the neckline. I worried that come wedding day I might not feel comfortable in it and started second guessing my decision. Lucky for me, Lauren came to the rescue. Lauren is brilliant and kind. She eased my mind with an idea to merge the dress with another one, so I could have this dress I was so excited about with a neckline that i was completely comfortable with. Lauren and the designer went above and beyond to make that happen for me. I trusted Lauren’s vision and I was THRILLED with how it turned out. From that first appointment to the day I picked up the dress, I had a positive experience each time I walked into their bridal salon. I can’t say enough about the entire Julie Allen team (Lauren, Angela, Allure & everyone else that helped me). I’m so grateful!

Sent on 09/07/2019
    Julie Allen Bridals 9
    Julie Allen Bridals 10
    Julie Allen Bridals 11

Julie Allen Bridals FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? Under $500, $500 - $999, $1,000 - $2,499, $2,500 - $3,999
  • How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Preservation, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Undergarments, Veils
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns? Monthly

Real Weddings

• Make Up by Candee Caldwell
    Make Up by Candee Caldwell Wedding Hair & Makeup

Julie Allen Bridal: Melanie, Lauren and the staff have been wonderful. Over the years I have worked with them on different project in the wedding business. Doing makeup for photo shoots featuring their weddings dresses and bridal shows. Their confidence in the line of bridal wear and how to accessorizes is impeccable. I'm very excited to have them dress me as well. Thank you, ladies!

• Hawk Photography
    Hawk Photography Wedding Photographers

Julie Allen Bridals is well known in Connecticut for excellent service to brides to be.

• 154 South Main Street Newtown, CT, 06470 See on map
    203-803-4597 (Phone number)
    Tuesday 10-5 Wednesday 10-4 Thursday 10-8 Friday 10-4 Saturday 9-4 Closed Sunday and Monday