Julie Allen Bridals Reviews

166 | Newtown, CT

166 Reviews for Julie Allen Bridals

Julia Thompson · Getting married on 10/22/2022

Fantastic family owned and run business

My family and I had a wonderful time shopping for my wedding gown here. All of the staff, including the owner and daughter were extremely warm, inviting and attentive. They helped me to find the dress of my dreams and I cannot be happier. They were easy going and really helped us to feel welcome in the shop. I highly recommend for any bride looking for a really personal and easy going experience and somewhere that really cares about you as a bride. I'm so thankful I chose them and I look forward to continuing to work with them as I come back for fittings leading up to my special day! I feel confident in my choice and I know I will look amazing on my day thanks to these women.

Sent on 08/12/2020
  • Carol

Carol Koty · Getting married on 10/01/2021

Absolutely Fabulous!

My entire experience at Julie Allen was perfect from start to finish! With the COVID pandemic happening, I shopped alone, which I expected to be a saddening experience. Everyone was so welcoming, optimistic, and patient. They got to know me and asked a lot of questions to discover my vision. They made me feel special, valued, and excited to go with me on the journey to find my dress. I couldn’t be happier! They helped me to find a dress that makes me feel like a queen and is better than I ever expected to find. THANK YOU!

Megan Crosen · Getting married on 09/02/2021

Absolutely Outstanding

To be honest, I was kind of dreading wedding dress shopping, I always feel awkward, but Julie Allen Bridal made this experience an absolute dream for me! The staff are so accommodating, kind, and knew EXACTLY what to find me! And the whole "when you know, you know" with finding the right dress, I never thought that would happen for me, but as soon as Lauren brought me *my* dress, I just knew!! I have never felt so beautiful, and I seriously can't wait for the first fitting!

Sarah Kutash · Getting married on 07/24/2021

Amazing family experience

I was excited to get my dress here because my mom and my sister both purchased their wedding dress at this shop. I showed the consultant a few photos of styles I had in mind, and the first dress she brought me ended up being the one! Such a fun experience and I was treated like family the whole way.

Leah · Married on 11/21/2020

Incredible

I wasn’t sure what I wanted and I left it up to the experts and I’m so glad I did!

• Dominique

Dominique Canestri · Married on 10/31/2020

Dont go anywhere else!

The staff at Julie Allen Bridal is AAAHHHMAZING!!! I can't thank them enough for all their help with finding me and my mother in law dresses. I'd gone to several other stores before coming across their shop and later learning my mother in law had purchased her gown from Miss Allen 35 years before. Every other bridal store pretty much disregarded me or offered me little to no help and I was getting discouraged. I wasn't the average customer - I wanted a specific type of gown / look and it had to be black! Not to mention we had time constraints to make our Halloween 2020 wedding date. They were able to give me multiple choices that fit my budget and worked to find something I was over the moon for. They truly went above and beyond to find something I absolutely loved and were generous enough to wave the rush fee for me which is incredibly generous considering they're a small shop that went through months of closure because of the virus. They really care about the customers and it shows.

I also want to mention that I was impressed with how well run they are given the current pandemic. Most shops are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, are refusing to open or have such stringent measure that its nearly pointless to even attempt to gown shop. Given all of the COVID 19 restrictions and limitations the staff is able to maintain an extremely clean and sanitary environment while still providing exceptional service. Ill recommend them to anyone and everyone looking for a bridal or special occasion gown.

Sent on 05/28/2020
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Ruospo · Married on 10/11/2020

Yes to the dress

Jessica was AMAZING! She heard everything that I was saying and assured me that I wasn’t being difficult and in the end, I said yes to the dress!! I would recommend everyone and anyone to go there! They made me feel like a was a celebrity!

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/10/2020

Fantastic!!

I cannot thank Julie Allen Bridals enough for helping me find my dream dress! While I was looking for dresses, I found Rebecca Ingram's design ”Kaitlyn” I fell in love with it and had to try it on. When I found out Julie Allen Bridal carried the dress, I knew I had to go and try it on. It was the first dress I tried on, and instantly I knew! Going forward with fittings, everyone was amazing and knowledgeable. When the pandemic hit, they called to ensure that my dress would be safe until I was able to pick it up. After three date changes, I finally got to wear my dream dress on October 10th. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 11/14/2020

Leanna Skiba · Married on 10/09/2020

An amazing bridal gown experience!

Julie Allen bridal is an amazing place to find your wedding gown! All of the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable on wedding dresses. I explained briefly what I was looking for and after trying on a few dresses, my consultant found the perfect dress for me! I also tried on many veils and found one that matched my dress perfectly. When it came time for my dress fitting their on site seamstress did a beautiful job. Julie Allen bridal has gorgeous gowns, and bridesmaid dresses. They also have dresses to fit many price ranges. You will feel like family when you go there! Thank you Julie Allen Bridal for making my wedding dress shopping experience one I will never forget!

• Kathryn

Kathryn bombard · Married on 10/03/2020

Finally Said Yes to the Dress

I started looking for a dress about a month ago, I went to 2 smaller shops and had no luck. I was honestly feeling that i wasn't going to find my dress at all.

A close friend recommended Julie Allen. Even though it was a 95 minute drive, i took her advice and thank god I did.

I felt at ease the second i walked in. The store had several different styles displayed and it was clear they had an extensive inventory.

The owner, Melanie, took the time to sit down, talk to me and get an idea of what i was looking for. I felt EXTREMELY comfortable with her.

The first dress I tried on was my dress, I think i knew it the second i put it on but still tried a few others.

I liked that the sample sizes were not way to small or way to large, to me it gave a much better feeling of the dress was like. The rooms to try on dresses was large enough to see the dress in full, but i still walked my favorites to the main area, and even outside the building to be absolutely sure i liked the look in all lights.

The staff was all REAL ladies who were genuine and kind.

If you have gone to smaller shops and are feeling down and discouraged about finding a dress, TAKE THE DRIVE. You will NOT be sorry.

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Marikate

Marikate · Married on 07/25/2020

Said Yes to the Dress!!!

The bridal shop, employees and owner were wonderful! I showed my consultant dressed I was interested in and they went and pulled all the possibilities for me (while keeping in mind my budget). I felt extremely comfortable and welcomed. Julie Allen Bridal is extremely accommodating and do whatever possible to make the bride as well as the wedding party happy!
    I cant wait to go back with my bridesmaids to get their dresses!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Melissa Janco · Married on 07/11/2020

Amazing experience at Julie Allen

I purchased my dress from Julie Allen Bridals in August of 2019 for my July 2020 wedding and I could not have asked for a better experience. I felt that the consultants that I worked with truly cared about helping me find the perfect dress and listened to anything feedback I had as I tried dresses on. They were very respectful of my budget and did not show me anything that was too expensive for me to be able to buy. The staff could not have been more wonderful. It was evident that every person who worked there loves what they do. As it came time to begin alterations, COVID 19 hit. Once they reopened, they took the precautions necessary to keep clients feeling safe. They also made sure that my dress was completely perfect on time. I never was nervous about going into the salon. Julie Allen is an example of what makes family owned small businesses so great. Thank you for helping me feel confident and beautiful on my big day!

Sent on 07/06/2020

Taylor Bradley · Married on 06/20/2020

The best in the business hands down

I must have tried on over 150 wedding dresses, been to over 10 different bridal shops, and Julie Allen Bridals was BY FAR the best experience I had along my journey to finding my perfect dress. Jessica heard everything that I wanted and delivered my vision more clearly than I could have verbally expressed it. I even planned a day trip to some of the top bridal shops in NYC only to be left disappointed, until I finally said Yes to the dress at Julie Allen Bridals. Everything from the dresses to the consultants is top notch. I would HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Gillingham · Married on 05/02/2020

Amazing Experience!

The whole staff was amazing! From when my consultant Jessica first helped me pick my gown in April 2019, to postponing my wedding four times but never having to worry about my gown being kept safely until it was time to wear it.

My bridesmaids #levkoff dresses came from here as well. The pricing was comparable if not better than leading online retailers.

• Kati

Kati Guthrie Tilove · Married on 04/25/2020

Above and beyond

I can’t say enough good things about Julie Allen Bridal. They are consummate professionals who know their business inside and out, but in a rare combination, they are caring and compassionate human beings who really go out of their way for each client. These BBB people are now my friends. I changed my date twice, the second time to the middle of the pandemic- I had a livestream wedding in 4/25/2020. Melanie and Lauren and the whole group at Julie Allen made sure I had everything I needed V to make my day special! I would recommend them to every bride - you’ll want to go back again just to check in!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 01/10/2020

Loved my dress and the ladies at Julie Allen!

My sister went here for her dress and had a great experience so I started here also. The selection they have is unmatched by other stores I visited. I was specifically looking at the Wilderly by Allure dresses and they had so many! I found my perfect dress and the alterations were quick and painless. They have a price cap for alterations. My dress was simple so I didn’t hit the top but it was nice to know so I could budget. Thanks ladies!

Sent on 01/16/2020
  • Renee

Renee Cayer · Married on 11/23/2019

Amazing experience!

WOW, I just had the best experience with Jessica! She helped me find the most amazing dress, and I said YES! I appreciated her guidance and experience. I will be recommending Julie Allen’s to everyone I know. My mother also bought her wedding gown at Julie Allen’s 40 years ago, which made the day that much more fun. Thank you for making this experience so special for me!! It will be a memory I will never forget.

Sent on 10/09/2020
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 11/22/2019

Excellent- Finally got to try gowns on in my size

Awesome experience, found my dress, and got to try on exactly what I thought I wanted as well, and then picked a slightly different bottom because it just felt more like me. I was trying on size bridal 14, but ordered a bridal 16, so I’m just pointing out to all the curvier, Fuller brides, this store made me feel better than Kleinfeld’s (where I had to dry on size bridal 10 and had no idea what the over budget dress would look like.
    Al Julie Allen Bridals, I found my perfect dress, under budget, ordered it and have not had any buyers remorse. I’m getting married 11/22/19, paid about $2300 for a full embellished sweetheart ballgown and have heard my dress should come in mid August. I’ll update if i have a different experience here with alterations but I don’t not expect this. Bottom line, check it out.

Sent on 03/16/2019

Krista Merkel · Married on 10/12/2019

Excellent!

I can not say enough wonderful things about Julie Allen Bridals! From my first bridal appointment to my last fitting, I received white glove service. Lois assisted me in picking out my dress and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Yupa took care of me every step of the way during my fitting appointments. She was so kind and truly wanted my dress to be perfect for me. I highly recommend Julie Allen Bridals! You won't be disappointed with the quality of their service and attention to detail.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • O

Olivia Lyons · Married on 09/21/2019

The best experience

Melanie, Lauren, Angela, and the entire team were amazing! The process was seamless and they make you feel like family every time you’re there. They helped me create a custom wedding dress on a budget (we added sleeves and a belt). They carefully listened to my vision, had me try on a bunch of styles, and offered professional and thoughtful advice which landed me with the perfect dress for my big day. They also offer in-house tailoring which makes the experience stress free. I highly recommend Julie Allen Bridals.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Meagan

Meagan · Married on 09/14/2019

Love Julie Allen’s Bridal

I had the best experience ever choosing a gown! I found the salon at a bridal show and as a plus size bride every single bridal salon I found I would ask if they had plus size gowns in store to try on, it so happened they were having a plus sized trunk show for Allure Bridals coming up. I entered the salon on a Saturday during a trunk show and it was true chaos! However it did not take away from how much time was dedicated to my appointment. I was assisted my Melanie and she is truly amazing! She made the whole experience joyful and not stressful at all. I ended up choosing my dress that day and it’s the most beautiful thing I have ever worn!

My bridesmaids found there dresses there too!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 08/24/2019

Found my one in a million dress!

I purchased my wedding gown and veil at Julie Allen Bridals and I cannot recommend them enough! I was a very stressed about picking my gown, as I have a scar in the middle of my chest that I wanted covered. The majority of gowns have a sweetheart neckline these days so it was very difficult for me to find a gown to my taste. I ended up going to 13 different bridal stores in southwest Connecticut as well as New York City. I tried on over 150 gowns over the course of a couple months. I saw it all! I had some very bad experiences at other stores. Several stores had me try on dresses outside my budget without telling me beforehand. Many had very pushy saleswomen and trying to sell me hideous, expensive gowns and a few made some very inappropriate comments about my weight that were completely uncalled for! Julie Allen Bridal’s saleswomen were all very professional, informative, and not too pushy. Ultimately, I ended up initially finding my gown (Allure Bridal 9422) in New York City at Kleinfeld Bridal. It was the perfect detailed lace gown, with a scalloped train, a hint of pink lining, and a delicate illusion neckline that gave me the scar coverage I needed without looking too conservative. The price was definitely jacked up and the alterations costs were outrageous at Kleinfeld, not to mention my visit was rushed and factory-like. So I reached out to smaller stores closer to my hometown to see if they had the same dress available. Julie Allen Bridals did not have the gown available for my initial try on, but I was able to try on other gorgeous gowns that were all within my price range. At my second visit with my family, they were able to borrow the gown I wanted from another store. I appreciated it so much that they went out of their way to have the gown available for my Yes! moment with my loved ones. Not to mention, the gown was several hundred dollars less than at Kleinfeld and they extended a sale for me as my mother was flying in a couple days after their Allure trunk sale, and I did not want to say Yes! without her. It was a perfect moment. I had my gown altered at Julie Allen Bridal as well. The woman who did the alterations was very kind, she made me feel comfortable, and did fantastic work. The gown was perfectly fitted. I also purchased a veil from them which complemented the gown perfectly. Overall, it was a pleasure working with the women at Julie Allen Bridal and I cannot recommend them more.

Sent on 05/02/2020
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 07/27/2019

When I met Lauren and Goldie met Piper

I had such a wonderful experience working with Julie Allen Bridal and it resulted in me getting married in the dress of my dreams! Before my appointment at Julie Allen, I was feeling discouraged after unsuccessful searches at 4 other bridal salons. I fell in love with a dress right away at Julie Allen and was obsessed with everything about it except for the neckline. I worried that come wedding day I might not feel comfortable in it and started second guessing my decision. Lucky for me, Lauren came to the rescue. Lauren is brilliant and kind. She eased my mind with an idea to merge the dress with another one, so I could have this dress I was so excited about with a neckline that i was completely comfortable with. Lauren and the designer went above and beyond to make that happen for me. I trusted Lauren’s vision and I was THRILLED with how it turned out. From that first appointment to the day I picked up the dress, I had a positive experience each time I walked into their bridal salon. I can’t say enough about the entire Julie Allen team (Lauren, Angela, Allure & everyone else that helped me). I’m so grateful!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Stephanie helming · Married on 07/09/2019

Wonderful staff!

Melanie at Julie Allen Bridals was amazing from my first appointment to picking up my gown. When my wedding plans changed last minute Melanie went above and beyond to accommodate my needs and exchange my dress. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 04/07/2019

Everything and more

I had an amazing experience with Julie Allen Bridals. I had the pleasure of visiting the store when looking for my twin sister's wedding dress and knew I'd be going to the same place for my own. Every single person there is kind, caring, and compassionate. Admittedly, I was not excited about dress shopping on the first trip. I don't like to be the center of attention, didn't have a good idea of what I wanted, and wasn't confident that I would find THE dress that day or anytime soon. Melanie was so kind and patient with me throughout the process. After a few try-ons -- as we were about to leave -- she and her daughter pulled the most beautiful Kitty Chen dress that they thought would fit my style (with the very little information I gave them). I loved the dress as soon as I saw it. When I started going to fittings, it got even better. The seamstress is such a sweet and talented woman, and she made the process so easy and tailored the dress beautifully to fit my body and preferences. I can't say enough about this bridal shop. I felt so beautiful and comfortable each time I was there and had such a positive experience.

Sent on 04/23/2019