FranksWine Reviews

14 Reviews for FranksWine

• Katie

Katie · Married on 06/29/2019

Friendly Service

Less than a week before our wedding, we ran into an issue with securing the alcohol. Our caterers recommended FranksWine and we couldn’t have been happier. I had never ordered alcohol for an event before and was very worried that we would run out. The day I contacted Frank he had a proposal ready that it was catered to ours & our guests tastes. He put us in contact right away with a company that could drop it off at our venue for us. The whole process was a breeze and Frank was so friendly and easy to work with. I highly recommend their services.

Sent on 07/29/2019

Samantha · Married on 03/30/2019

Great Service

We used FranksWine to supply the alcohol for our wedding and couldn’t be happier. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. We were invited in for a tasting and they helped up choose the best wine and spirits for our event. FranksWine has fair prices and easy set up for delivery to your event.

Sent on 05/03/2019

FranksWine's reply:

Thank you for your business! We had a great time working with your. I'm glad we helped to make your day special... CHEERS!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Flanagan · Married on 10/06/2018

Great Experience

We used Frank's for our October 2018 wedding. They were great to work with, had a nice selection of affordable beer and wine and liquors, and were very responsive. The tasting was great, and would recommend them highly.

Sent on 08/28/2019

christina · Married on 11/05/2016

We used Frank's Wine for the alcohol for our wedding. We ordered cases of bottled beer, 3 different kinds of wine, and the ingredients to make Manhattans (we had a limited bar). Frank really did it all. I contacted him about 6 months before the wedding and he told me that it was a really easy process and to get back in touch with him about a month before. I told him how many guests, what kind of beer I wanted and I told him to just pick out a white, red, and rose wine. He sent me a contract with the booze and the prices. It actually didn't seem like enough, but he assured me that it would be enough and that he had already added a little extra just in case. Being nervous that we would run out, I asked him to add 4 more cases of beer. We absolutely did not need it. He really nailed the number. Frank will give you the information for a courier service to deliver the alcohol to your venue which was awesome. It cost us about $185 for that service, but it was well worth it. He will also buy back your left over alcohol. We had about 4 cases of beer left and one case of wine, which we decided to keep, so I did not use the buy back service. Ordering the alcohol from Frank was one of the smoothest and easiest parts of the entire wedding process. I would recommend him!

Sent on 11/26/2016

Alissa · Married on 08/16/2014

Frank's provided the alcohol for our wedding. We had a great experience doing the wine tasting with Karl to select our wines. They also credited us for any unopened alcohol that was returned.

Sent on 09/13/2014

FranksWine's reply:

Glad it went well Alissa… CHEERS!

Allison · Married on 05/19/2012

Frank was a great help when it came to selecting the alcohol for our wedding. He provided us with wonderful guidance and suggestions to help us ensure that we had the right amount and selection available at our wedding.

Working with Frank was pleasant and easy. He responded to e-mails quickly and was always more than willing to accommodate any necessary changes to our order. Frank also worked directly with our caterer to make sure that everything arrived just as ordered.

It was also very nice to know that we could return any unopened bottles to Frank for a full refund. Definitely a benefit of working with him!!!

Sent on 06/29/2012

Shevon · Married on 10/24/2009

I completely agree with Claudia's review. I dealt with Frank directly, and it was a breeze. I had no idea how much beer, wine, and liquor to buy. I just knew that we didn't want to run out. Frank recommended the perfect amount...we just had a few bottles extra. Frank takes any unopened bottles back for a full refund. You also save money because there is no sale tax in DE and in general Frank's prices are pretty low. AND if that weren't enough, Frank gives you a bulk discount when you buy enough for a wedding. Really, I can't thank Frank enough for making this part of our wedding planning so easy.

Sent on 11/18/2009

Megan · Married on 06/08/2019

Great Service

Getting our wedding wine and beer from Frank's was easy and cheaper than any other place we looked at. They made great recommendations and were fantastic to work with. We wanted to have local beer and wine for the area, and they helped find affordable options. They recommended how much to purchase, however, we knew we were going to have leftovers, so you can either return and get refunded or do what we did and keep it. We picked it up the day before after paying ahead of time, which was great - highly recommend!

Sent on 07/13/2019

FranksWine's reply:

So glad that we were able to make your special day so easy! You were both such a pleasure to work with, and thanks for trusting our process:-) Happy Honeymoon... CHEERS!

Meagan · Married on 05/07/2016

Frank's came highly recommended by our wedding venue, Terrain, and my husband and I had a great experience working with them. The tasting was really informative and the staff didn't try to upsell us or talk us into buying more than we needed. Frank provided a fast quote and was amenable to whatever changes we wanted to make. Best of all, they arranged delivery and buy back any unopened cases or bottles, which made the purchase process super easy!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Claudia · Married on 05/16/2009

3.5

I dealt directly with Frank, the owner of the shop, which gave me a great comfort level. I had no idea how much beer and wine I needed for my wedding reception, but he nailed the quantities perfectly! I had some wine left over which I was able to return to get a 100% refund. My caterer referred me to Frank's and it was the easiest planning stage of my whole wedding ordeal! I would recommend Frank's to any of my girlfriends who are getting married.

Sent on 06/07/2009

Carolyn · Married on 07/06/2012

3.2
      3.0

We were given Frank's name from our caterer, who works with them frequently to deliver wine and beer for their events (caterers aren't allowed to supply liquor in PA). I'll preface my less-positive remarks by saying everything went very smoothly on the big day, Frank and his assistant were always very cheerful when we emailed back and forth, and we were happy with our final order. However it was a very frustrating experience to get that all arranged. Although they ask what your preferences are when you first contact them, pretty much none of the beer they included in the original proposal matched what we had asked for (we asked for craft beers and suggest a few local ones, but ended up with Mike's Hard Lemonade, Corona, Amstel Lite, and Miller Lite). While waiting for them to correct that, we got an email asking us for our deposit before we could proceed - we weren't even sure at this point that they had access to craft beers! But we had to put money down in order to find out. If we didn't feel tied to them because of our caterer, I would have ditched them in a heartbeat. It sounded like a scam. But, as I said, everything worked out great in the end.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Michael M · Married on 09/15/2018

2.0
      1.0

Would not recommend

Recently used Frank's Wine. He was very helpful and responsive however I would not use him again. One what they suggest is very low and we would have ran out of alcohol at the wedding. However, you are stuck with ordering more and then will not get properly refunding.
    During the refund process he changed the terms of the original contract and therefore we were stuck with a gift card of over $1000 dollars instead of a refund on the original amount. If using his service, I would highly recommend to get in writing what type of refund you will received and to be EXTREMELY detailed. The original contracted noted significant changes in quantities ordered however when we returned the leftover alcohol he changed it to “net” total returns which was drastically different language then what was in the original contract (there was no mention of “net” totals). Additionally, refund took over 30 days to receive and did not her back from him when asking to clarify contract language. USE WITH CAUTION! Very unprofessional business tactics.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Ashley · Married on 11/30/2013

0.8
      1.5
      0.0

Things started off great with Franks, staff was very helpful in picking the beer and wine we served at our wedding. Frank was very responsive in emails (never met him in person). THEN came time for us to process the refund he markets so heavily. After weeks of promising a refund on our credit card he mailed us a gift card stating that we did not meet his policies for a refund. Buyer beware, policies are very vague regarding the return policy and you may just be stuck with a gift card for hundred's of dollars in alcohol rather than your refund.

Sent on 02/11/2014

Stephanie · Married on 01/02/2016

0.0

I am giving zero stars to this vendor. We selected them because they were actually an approved vendor from the venue at the time. It think there were enough complaints though that they are no longer on the vendor list. I want to warn all brides to run from Frank's Wines. First, I had a meeting with Frank. To our horror he had a staff person there and never showed up to the meeting. We still have never met Frank in person. The staff also seemed unprepared for our arrival, did not seem to even know of our appointment. Next, they asked for a deposit and we told the staff person that was helping us that we did not know the final count yet and it would be about a month till we got all the rsvp's back. They promised to wait to process our entire order until we called with the final count. Our card was unfortunately charged not for just the deposit but for the entire amount that night for 50 more guests than we actually ended up needing. When we received our order receipt we noticed a huge error that would have been a nightmare the day of the wedding if we didn't read the order line by line very carefully. We assumed if we asked for something and specifically said it was for our signature drink that it would be in the order. We were wrong, his excuse was well no one drinks that in the winter. Seriously? You are now making important wedding decisions for us? Now he also owes us another credit to switch the order. Next, after the wedding we returned the surplus he said we needed for our guest count but he was way off so that is the third refund he owed us. Everytime we inquired about these 3 credits we were owed he told us they were processing them for us but we never saw the credits on our bank statement. Finally fed up with his lackadaisical attitude our only solution was to file BBB complaint. Remarkably, our refund was processed immediately. But what a nightmare! Run and run fast! There are so many other exceptional vendors out there.

Sent on 04/11/2016