The Pour Guys, LLC Reviews

49 | Maryville, TN

49 Reviews for The Pour Guys, LLC

Michelle · Married on 09/30/2016

Such an easy vendor to deal with! Whenever we had any questions (how much of something to buy, cost estimates, permits, etc) They were very quick to respond and super helpful. The bartender they provided was very professional and friendly! Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Caitlin · Married on 05/15/2016

They took care of everything and truly made my wedding even more fun! A wonderful bar service to go through!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Candice · Married on 04/09/2016

Great bar tending services, very professional.

Sent on 04/15/2016

Tiffanie · Married on 04/02/2016

We went to a wedding that had the pour guys and we loved the bartenders so we decided to go with them for our wedding. They served our alcohol for us at our wedding and did a fantastic job! Highly recommend the Pour Guys!

Sent on 04/15/2016

Emily · Married on 10/09/2015

We used The Pour Guys as our bartending service for our wedding at Sampson's Hollow. Everything was professional throughout the booking process and at the actual wedding itself.

Sent on 10/15/2015

We used Poor Guys for our open bar. The bartender that was sent was a very effective server. He made sure that we, the bride and groom, always had a drink and went above and beyond to make a great experience for our guests.

Sent on 01/15/2016

Hannah · Married on 05/23/2015

The Pour Guys were fantastic! They were easy to work with and so helpful! They gave us great advice on how much beer and wine we needed and they did a great job at our wedding. I would highly recommend them for any event near Knoxville!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Mason · Married on 09/28/2014

The Pour Guys went above and beyond what I expected for my wedding last weekend. They were professional, polite, inexpensive and didn't care a bit to help with things that wasn't even in their job description. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Nathalia · Married on 06/22/2014

Exceptional!! They know exactly what to do & handle each situation & occasion as professionals. Cannot find better & highly recommend them for all events.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Amy · Married on 05/10/2014

Very happy with our service from The Pour Guys - our bartender Dustin kept our guests happy and the drinks flowing! He arrived with plenty of time to set-up, and when weather changed our outdoor wedding to an indoor wedding he quickly changed his set-up to keep our guests dry. The Pour Guys contact, Amanda, was also very easy to work with and answered all of my questions during the planning process. We would recommend The Pour Guys to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 06/14/2014

Our bartender was amazing. She arrived on time and was very professional and friendly. She helped out with the bar and when she saw a need for help in other places (when the bar wasn't busy), she pitched in there as well. I highly recommend this service!

Sent on 04/22/2014

Wonderful bartenders and servers!! We used them for our wedding reception. Very friendly and they went above and beyond our expectations. We would highly recommend them for any of your events. Thank You so much!!
    Eric and Rachel

Sent on 10/23/2013

Alexa · Married on 04/23/2011

For our venue we needed to hire a licensed bartender. The venue recommended I use The Pour Guys. I worked with the owner Jerry. He was so nice and I loved working with him. He told us the best places to go and where to buy, who to ask for, everything we needed to know. He kept in touch, called and ask if we had any questions when the wedding was near. He was very helpful and pleasant to work with. The guy he sent to serve at our wedding did a fantastic job. His prices are great and he is very professional and great to work with. We loved working with Jerry!

Sent on 06/28/2011

Brittany · Married on 06/11/2016

The venue for our wedding only allowed approved vendors, with only two bartenders on their list. We tried going with the first group, but after my husband had trouble getting a hold of them, we decided to try and contact The Pour Guys. And I am SO glad we did. They were quick to respond and helped us figure out how much beer and wine we should get. They were super easy to work with and, judging from our guests (I'm not much of a drinker myself), they did a wonderful job the day of! Would definitely recommend these guys.

Sent on 06/15/2016

Megan · Married on 01/25/2014

Awesome service!!!! Great prices

Sent on 01/29/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/14/2013

Pour Guys was awesome. I will definitely hire them again. The bartender was so good he actually had guests wine selections memorized and ready for them as they walked to the bar. The business is flexible and very helpful in the planning process. I never actually had much interaction with the bartender, but he when I saw him he was smiling :) and I have heard over and over from guests how wonderful he was. Thanks Pour Guys!

Sent on 08/05/2013

jafar · Married on 09/29/2018

Bartended our wedding. Was more expensive than expected, but overall they were very professional and did a great job.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Showed up on time and kept everything organized as far as I could tell. I did have a couple guests complain that the bartender had a bad attitude. I only interacted with her whilst paying. She seemed tired and ready to go home but not unpleasant. I do feel bad that the poor girl was out in the sun the majority of the day. I feel that pour guys should really provide their employees with a pop-up canopy if there isn't room to serve under the tent

Sent on 10/09/2016

Wonderful service and made my guests feel very comfortable and well-liquored! They did however, make me a bit nervous because they arrived RIGHT before I walked down the aisle.... not a huge deal, but still a little nerve-wracking! All in all though, it turned out great!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Even though I had quite a wait for Amanda to return my call, she was so sweet and helpful. She was familiar with my venue and was happy to provide me with information on how I could prep and what all the little details are that can't slip by. I can't wait to have them working my event.

Sent on 09/03/2015
  • daniwalski

Danielle · Married on 12/07/2019

4.2

hmmmm.....

when first booking the pour guys, I was excited because it was easy and simple. they made everything simple and they answered every question that I had. the day of my wedding, the bartender that came was definitely not the friendliest. being the bride, I figured she would have smiled or been nice, but in fact, she was kind of rude. she didnt smile until the end of the night and she was not very nice to some of my guests. I would have preferred a different bartender, but we didnt let that bring our day down. I would recommend the pour guys as they are very helpful and definitely quick to answer, but I would NEVER hire that particular bartender again.

Sent on 12/12/2019

The Pour Guys, LLC's reply:

Hi Danielle, Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize she was not as friendly as you expected. We take great care to hire staff that we believe to be helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, and the type of people that go above and beyond without being asked. However, it is not possible for management to be present at every event, so we trust our staff to represent us in the ways we expect, but we have no way of knowing that without feedback from our clients. So thanks again, and please confirm the location of your wedding so I know which of our staff we need to speak with and make sure she is doing the job we expect her to do.
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/27/2017

3.6
      2.5

We hired The Pour Guys because it was required by our venue. They were very responsive to emails and great at communicating before the event. Then, during the reception, one of the bartenders pulled me aside and told me that they were required to close 30 minutes before the DJ stopped playing music, which was an hour earlier than what we had agreed on. I had confirmed with the venue and the DJ service and The Pour Guys in advance what the time line would look like, but ultimately, that didn't really matter. Luckily, we didn't have to pay for the hours they weren't open, but I was left with half my beer and wine left over. Other than that, though, the bartenders were great! Super friendly and helpful.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 10/19/2019

Very nice bartender - but it is NOT full service

I chose the pour guys because they were on of the only two options of my venue. The bartender was wonderful! We loved her!
    However, I planned a destination wedding and the pour guys require you purchase and bring all your own alcohol and glasses. This was huge inconvenience. From what I was told, this is a new change that they should consider doing away with.

Sent on 11/09/2019

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to clarify, The Pour Guys has never provided alcohol for any event. We have never been licensed to do so, and this is typically seen as an advantage to our clients because it saves them money.

As far as glassware is concerned, I am not aware that was ever requested by your wedding planner when she booked us for your wedding, but I can tell you that if it was, and we said no, it's only because we had already rented out our entire inventory and had no more available. Your wedding date, 10/19/19, was one of the busiest days of this whole year. In that case, you could have rented glasses from a rental company. Our primary focus is providing great bartending and banquet service staff, which it sounds like we did for you.

Kind regards,

Amanda Howe
    Event Planner
    The Pour Guys

Corrine · Married on 04/28/2018

April Wedding

I used The Pour Guys for my their bartending services at my wedding last year. We were only serving beer and wine, and we paid for glasses for both. We had decided we didn’t want the beer bottles in our pictures. However, not even halfway through the reception, she ran out of glasses. First, she started serving wine in the beer glasses she had left (not a big deal really). But then, instead of asking for help or quickly washing some of the glasses, she started serving drinks in red solo cups. She didn’t ask for permission to do this. Now, when I look back on my wedding pictures, I see red solo cups in half of my reception photos. It still bothers me almost a year later. I do not recommend this service to anyone for their wedding.

Sent on 02/14/2019

Hi Corrine,

Thank you for your feedback. I wish you would have let us know about this sooner so we could have discussed your concerns and cleared things up. I hate that this is still on your mind 10 months later.

Let me start by saying I totally understand where you are coming from, and I sincerely apologize for any photos you feel negatively toward because of a visible solo cup. I honestly get it, and I discuss this very topic with a lot of our clients and always want to honor their wishes.

I would like to explain what happened from our perspective on the night of your wedding. We did provide all the glassware for wine, non-alcoholic beverages and beer, and I had passed along your request to the bartender that each beer be poured into a glass, which she did do. According to the bartender, as well as the venue owner, we actually never ran out of glasses. We always send more than enough glassware to ensure we don't run out of any one kind. At last call, the venue owner, in an effort to assist the bartender to leave as soon as possible and in turn, save you some money, went to the bartender and insisted she serve the last drinks of the night in red solo cups that she had left over from a previous wedding. That way, after last call, the bartender could pick up all the glassware quickly and get "off the clock" for you. In hindsight, the bartender should have continued to use the glassware for last call and simply waited until guests were through with their final beverages before collecting the last of the glasses. However, when a venue owner insists we do something, we almost always defer to them, as it is their facility and ultimately, they do have a big say in what we do on their property. The bartender simply did what she was told by the venue owner, but I am sorry she did not run it by you first. I was told by both the bartender and the venue owner that only a few guests were even given a red solo cup, as there were not many guests who even wanted another drink at last call, and there were very few solo cups even available. However, I am sure even one photo with a red cup is one too many.

Again, I am sorry that any of your photos contain a red cup. I just want to clarify that we did not run out of glasses halfway through. They were only given out at last call per request of the venue owner.

I hope this explanation eases your mind a bit and perhaps will influence your opinion about our service. We truly do our best to ensure all of our clients realize their vision and enjoy their event in every way. Please call me if you would like to discuss this further, and I hope you will consider modifying your 1-star rating based on your overall experience with our business.