Newport, RI, Newport, RI 02840 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 90
  • Real Weddings 2

About Eventfully Planned

Eventfully Planned is a wedding planning company based in Newport, Rhode Island. It is owned by Jaime Nelson. She works with couples all over the United States to help them seamlessly plan their dream wedding.

Experience
Jaime Nelson has owned Eventfully Planned for over a decade and has been working in event venues for over 30 years. She graduated from Johnson and Wales University with a degree in Hotel and Hospitality Management. She later earned her MBA with a concentration in Marketing from Southern New Hampshire University. She has also won Wedding Wire’s Bride’s Choice Award for nine consecutive years.

Eventfully Planned offers different wedding packages that are catered to your needs. The following planning services are provided:

• Custom full event planning
  • Venue and vendor search
  • Contract negotiations
  • Scheduling appointments
  • Securing guest room accommodations
  • Day of event coordination *commits within three months of a particular wedding date. Please inquire for more details.
  • Managing wedding day agenda

Eventfully Planned 2
  • B Beckett

B Beckett · Married on 10/13/2018

Made the Day Easy!

My husband and I employed Jaime Nelson of Eventfully Planned to plan our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and wedding reception held in the fall of 2018. We started by meeting in person and discussing our overall vision for the event, and we hired her immediately following the meeting. She is patient, and detail-oriented, which you can tell from speaking with her about her weddings.

She was always generous with her time, always quick to respond to emails as we got closer to the event. She had excellent suggestions for vendors and kept a detailed Google doc folder full of information on them, which was added to as more and more details were finalized. She coordinated communication between the vendors and us, and with the venues of our events, with a relaxed demeanor. Any questions that we had for anyone we directed through Jaime, and she was always ready with an answer, or she knew exactly who to talk to for an answer. She also had lots of useful suggestions for creative ideas for décor and ways to make guests feel included during the day of the wedding, as well as solutions for things like room setup that we hadn’t thought of.

When it came to the day of, she was the person behind the scenes making sure that everything ran smoothly. We didn't even see the venue until we were walking down the aisle, and it looked terrific: we didn't have to worry about decoration or deliveries or setup, Jaime handled it all. She was there gently reminding us all of what was coming next, which allowed us to kind of float through the afternoon without worrying at all. We were ahead of time on almost all of the scheduled moments for the day. I cannot stress enough how important this aspect of her service was; it made the day so stress-free and light-hearted.

Never once with any vendor or any interaction during planning or the day of did my husband and I, as an LGBT couple, experience any discrimination or lack of support. Jaime was great with us, and we felt true support from her when discussing the details of our marriage.

Overall, we would recommend hiring Jaime Nelson of Eventfully Planned to plan your wedding event. We thought we would be able to do it all on our own, but she was the best choice we could have possibly made, and truly elevated the overall experience.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Caroline · Married on 10/06/2018

The BEST of the Best

I cannot say enough good things about Jaime. She was absolutely FABULOUS to work with. Always available and willing to email back and forth / jump on a call / meet in person and was always so incredibly patient (I sent a LOT of emails). I worked with Jaime for over a year planning my wedding and never once did she make me feel like there was any other wedding that was more important than mine (though of course she was working with other brides throughout the time, and I'm sure was making them feel the same way!) Leading up to the wedding, Jaime was a detail-oriented (always going through invoices line by line to ensure nothing was missed or added inappropriately), budget-conscious, solutions-oriented, problem-solving extraordinaire, and really always steered us in the right direction. Even when we had wild ideas, Jaime would let us entertain them just long enough to get it out of our system before ultimately coming down to earth and going with the more logical (and cost effective) approach. (But had we stuck with the wild ideas, Jaime would be prepared to make them happen nonetheless). The weekend of the wedding, Jaime absolutely blew us away. Every vendor that we worked with (which was a lot) praised Jaime for being the best of the best - we even got a portapotty upgrade because of her! - and the most organized, on-it wedding planner that they had ever worked with, and that couldn't be more correct. I am a control freak, project manager by nature, but was able to completely let go and enjoy the weekend and wedding day entirely because I knew Jaime had everything handled. Her presence was incredibly calming - she never once even seemed stressed! - and she was always there for my husband and I to turn to whenever we needed anything at all. Jaime was an absolutely AMAZING wedding planner, and the post-wedding-blues are especially difficult knowing that I no longer get to work with her :(

Sent on 10/15/2018

Eventfully Planned FAQ

• Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Vendor Referrals
  • How many planners are on your team? 3

Real Weddings

• CE Productions
    CE Productions Wedding DJs

I recently had the distinct pleasure of working with Jaime Nelson of Eventfully Planned at a wedding held at a private estate in Middletown RI. There were many aspects to this wedding that needed a careful eye and unsurpassed attention to detail which is why there was no one better for the job than Jaime Nelson. She is a joy to work with, professional, well organized, friendly, resourceful and well connected. All aspects of the event went off without flaw allowing the client to fully enjoy their special day without worrying about the details and flow of the event. I undoubtedly recommend Jaime and her company "Eventfully Planned" to everyone who may need wedding & event coordinating services. Don't settle for less than the best, Jaime Nelson should be your one and only choice for planning, coordinating and executing the PERFECT wedding or special event :-) George Confoey Owner CE Productions

• Flowerthyme
    Flowerthyme Wedding Florists

Jaime is the perfect person to guide you with your wedding plans. She has years of experience , a great web site to help you along and has worked with all the best vendors. She pays special attention to detail and her organizational skills are evident. But what I really like about Jaime is that she has young children and still has no problem keeping it all together! She has a friendly ,kind disposition and really makes her brides feel at ease.

• Brad Smith Photography
    Brad Smith Photography Wedding Photographers

I've known Jaime Nelson for some time, though had not worked alongside her until this past weekend where I photographed a wedding that she coordinated at the Towers in Narragansett, RI. Jaime is a professional and I would recommend her to any bride looking for a wedding coordinator. She handled each facet of the wedding day with a quiet completeness. I watched as the groom was missing a piece for his military uniform last minute, as he was getting ready. Jamie went quickly to a nearby jewelry store and found a suitable replacement, delivering it back to the groom so he could finish preparing for the ceremony. She kept me (and the other vendors) in the loop with regards to timing and the flow of the day and she answered any questions I had about what was to be happening next. I would highly recommend Jaime to my brides!

• Newport, RI Newport, RI, 02840 See on map