Brad Smith Photography

$4,750 Most Popular Price
Availability

I am a Rhode Island based wedding photographer available for travel throughout New England. I shoot with a photo-journalistic style and capture bright, modern, emotional, and timeless images for brides and grooms on their wedding day.

My style is unobtrusive. Many times during your wedding day you may forget I am there shooting. I allow the day to unfold as it happens with minimal interruption. The formals are made as painless as possible, normally with enough time leftover afterwards to sneak the two of you off for a few minutes of relaxed portraits nearby.

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$3,750

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$4,750

2nd Shooter
Albums
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Engagement Shoot
High-Res Images
Second Shooter

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

Message vendor

• Kelly
    Kelly W. Married on 08/26/2022

Great to coordinate with

I was coordinating with Sara, one half of the husband and wife photography duo. Sara is very fun, easy to talk to, and has lots of tips and tricks to make you comfortable. She is so easy to coordinate with and we had such a good time getting to know her. We ultimately decided to choose our friend to photograph our wedding, but I had such a good experience coordinating with and getting to know her that I had to leave a review.
  • Ashley
    Ashley K. Married on 10/10/2021

Couldn't be happier!

Brad and Sara photographed my 10/10 wedding and the outcome was absolutely perfect. Their laid back attitude makes them so comfortable and easy to work with. They were able to capture every emotion and moment of the day. I can't stress enough how happy I am with our photos. They exceeded my expectations and I would recommend them to any one.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 07/13/2019

Talented and professional!

My wife and I hired Brad and his partner, Sara, for the day of our wedding. Full transparency, this is the only vendor we booked without even having a face to face meeting. Needless to say, we were a little nervous about it, but Brad made a great impression over the phone! From the start, we really appreciated Brad and Sara’s relaxed and confident approach to the process. We met them a few weeks out to talk specifics and immediately felt validated in our decision. We talked about all of the must do shots, and some extra’s that we wanted just for us. They were extremely accommodating, and offered great suggestions that we used on the day of to make our pictures exactly what we expected. They even helped us to develop our timeline for the wedding. They came through particularly well during some shots we took following the first look. As my wife and I tested a lift we wanted to bust out during our first dance, the clasp on my wife’s wedding dress popped right off into the grass. Surprisingly calm, my wife and I looked for the clasp, and tried to figure out how to fix this quickly for more photos. Enter Sara: Before we knew it she sprung into action and began sowing the back of the dress back into place leaving plenty of time to get all the shots we wanted. This is just one example of how attentive they both were, and how easy they were to talk to and work with. After our wedding, Brad sent us a few teaser photos over the next couple of days and returned all of our photos (during busy season) beautifully finished and way faster than we expected. If you want two people that will make family photo’s a breeze, capture more moments instead of poses, work in all of your requests, take phenomenal pictures, and act as a flash seamstress when needed, look no further! You spend a lot of time with your photographer on your wedding day so it was important to us that our photographer took great photos and was also nice to be around. Brad was equal parts present/funny/calming, while also knowing when to give us space so we could soak in the day just the two of us.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor
    Emma Married on 09/16/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    There are good photographers, great photographers, and then there's Brad Smith, the greatest. Having briefly worked with Brad with Yelp, I knew he was not only an excellent photographer, but a really cool guy. When I got engaged, I knew that there was no one else that I would rather have photograph our wedding.

I remember telling Brad early on that James and I weren't the kind of couple that would be into cutesy poses, but after the post-ceremony oxytocin kicks in, and Brad gives the direction for a gentle kiss on the forehead, you're all about it, and it feels perfectly natural.

He will take advantage of the light, and weather to make sure you capture the most beautiful and romantic photos possible on your special day. Throughout the rest of the day, other than the obligatory posed photos, Brad is quietly doing his job, capturing both the ordinary and extraordinary moments with professionalism and skill beyond compare.
    It's true that after the big day ends, all you're left with is the photos. It's worth investing in a photographer, like Brad, on whom you can depend to capture all of the moments you want to remember for a lifetime.

Thank you, Brad!
    Gloria Married on 11/06/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    If you want to absolutely love your wedding photos, then work with Brad!! He is THE BEST. I did extensive research to find our wedding photographer (for our intimate elopement style wedding), looking at hundreds of photos, websites and pinterest profiles and Brad stood out as a creative genius! The best part about Brad, aside from his artistic talent of course, is his calming presence - he adds a layer of cool calm to your wedding day that can help soothe any worries you might have and relax on your special day. For example, I forgot my veil and started to panic, but Brad calmly told me everything was going to be ok, that I would still have awesome photos (and he was right!). He's the epitome of professional - very responsive and you can tell he truly cares about his clients. He really got to know my husband and I, which I appreciated. Brad's value is extraordinary - he captures these picture perfect moments while blending into the background so you don't even know he's photographing you. He truly respects the intimacy of the moments you have on your wedding day, while also producing spectacular images. In the days following our wedding, Brad sent us 'teaser photos' which I loved and in just 3 weeks, we received our entire online gallery. Working with Brad was a key component to our wedding day being such a success.
    Derek Married on 09/04/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Without a doubt, the best photographer in the area. From the initial call to our engagement shoot to the wedding to the post-wedding follow up, Brad has been incredibly professional, knowledgable and fun to work with. He makes the bride & groom at ease with his relaxed style, but his dedication to his craft is unparalleled and certainly shows in the output. Trust me - give Brad a call when you need a wedding photographer... you won't be disappointed!
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 08/13/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I could not be happier that we chose Brad to document our wedding weekend. He was referred to us by our wedding planner, who I depended on for most of our vendor decisions. After checking out his portfolio and a quick chat, I felt confident that we'd found our photographer. Brad joined us on Friday evening for our rehearsal dinner and again on Saturday for our entire wedding day. He was completely unobtrusive, which is important, but he was also super easygoing and a lot of fun to have around throughout the day, which in my opinion is even more important. Everyone was so at ease with him, which I truly think comes across in all of our photos. My favorite thing to hear from friends who weren't able to attend our wedding is how seeing our photos made them feel like they were there. He truly is that good at capturing the emotions from your wedding day. Brad's turnaround time for our photos was extremely quick (we got them while we were on our honeymoon about two or three weeks after our wedding), and the prints that I've received so far have been absolutely gorgeous. I would recommend Brad a million times over to anyone looking for a top-notch wedding photographer.
    Cassandra Married on 07/09/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I saved this review until last because my husband and I both believe working with Brad was the best decision we made in planning our wedding. I am new to Rhode Island and found Brad simply by searching for wedding photographers. His work spoke for itself just based on his website alone. I immediately showed my now husband and we agreed to find out if he was available on our wedding date. Lucky for us, despite the wedding being only 8 months away, Brad had availability for our wedding. We scheduled to meet with him in his studio and he was incredibly accommodating to our time needs even when we had to reschedule due to illness. After meeting with Brad it was clear we didn't need to speak to anyone else. We booked immediately. Throughout the process Brad offered us helpful hints, scheduling ideas, and suggestions and was available for any questions we had. He even made recommendations for other vendors and we ultimately chose a florist he recommended. Brad was easy to work with and has a calm demeanor that allowed us to trust his judgement. I cannot say enough wonderful things about his talent, overall demeanor, and the help he provided to us throughout the planning phase. He essentially served as a coordinator throughout our wedding planning by providing questions to answer, things to think about that we wouldn't have considered, and sample timelines to go by. My suggestion to couples looking for a photographer is to save yourself some time and meet with him first, because you won't need to meet with anyone else.
    Anne Married on 06/25/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Brad is professional, flexible, creative, talented and a wonderful person to work with. He captured so many special moments on our wedding day. He is extremely quick and efficient. He made our wedding day stress free! I would recommend him to any bride, he was an absolute pleasure to work with!
    Julie Married on 05/29/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I got married in May 2016, and had the pleasure of working with Brad. Before meeting Brad, we met with countless photographers in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Ultimately, we decided to go with Brad because of his calm, easy-going demeanor and impressive & wonderful work.

Throughout the wedding planning process, Brad was accommodating, professional, positive, and focused. During the wedding itself he and his second photographer blended into the background, made us smile, and captured all our special moments to create pictures that looked natural and effortless. We loved the final product, and would highly recommend Brad!
    Patrice Married on 12/31/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I are so happy we chose Brad Smith as our photographer. We have received so many compliments! For our engagement photos he drove to Cape Cod and spent a generous amount of time with us, and on the wedding day he was there early and left late. He captured it all and we are so thrilled. Most of our friends had to wait months for their photos, but Brad had our wedding pictures up just a couple weeks after the wedding (and he gave us a sneak peek the day after our wedding of one of the wonderful photos he captured too!). Thank you Brad Smith for being so great!!!
  • User2546784 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband, John and I would recommend Brad Smith Photography to anyone who is looking for a truly amazing wedding photographer and all around great person to work with. Brad was so careful to ensure that he wasn't intruding on our special moments throughout the day, by not making us feel as though we were on camera at all times. My wedding party even complemented him, stating that 99% of the time they didn't even realize he was in the room, which made the photos even more spectacular! He was able to catch those special, meaningful moments, of family, friends and us as a couple, in the purist way possible. Brad, was also extremely quick and efficient in regards to getting us copies of our photos digitally just weeks after our wedding. Brad is professional, efficient, he listen to your needs and doesn't treat each wedding like just another shoot. He sincerely takes the time to get to know each couple as individuals to ensure the highest quality of service. Without a doubt Brad is the best!
    Mary-Kate Married on 10/16/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Brad is the best! We had looked at a few photographers before deciding and we couldn't be happier with our choice. Brad made us both feel very comfortable; he is relaxed and funny and made our engagement photos and wedding day go very smoothly. Even with a rowdy bridal party Brad was able to keep everyone focused and got the shots that were important to us. When we look back at our wedding photos they make us smile and laugh and remember the beauty and romance of our day. We love looking at our wedding photos and get so many compliments on them. I would recommend Brad to any bride and groom!
    Megan Married on 10/10/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Brad was recommended to us by my now sister-in-law (who is also a photographer). Of course, we took her up on her recommendation after seeing his other work. When we first met with Brad, I’ve never felt so comfortable. He was genuinely enthusiastic about our ideas and how we wanted our day captured. The day of the wedding, he blended right in. He was like a ninja! When we got our photos back, I swear he has the ability to be in two places at once without even being noticed! The final product turned out so incredible, every time we look at the photos, it’s like reliving the day. There really aren’t words to say how thankful we are for Brad and his talent.
    Cassie Married on 09/19/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I were recently married this September in Newport, RI. We could not be happier with our choice to work with Brad Smith Photography throughout the wedding process. Brad was professional and a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Brad's creative style exceeded our expectations. When we received our photos after the wedding, we were thrilled with the quality and that every special moment was captured. My husband and I would definitely recommend Brad Smith Photography in a heart beat.

CE Productions CE Productions Wedding DJs

Brad is very professional, easy to get along with and on point! He captures some really amazing shots that look near impossible to get... AMAZING work!!!!! I highly recommend him! You will definitely be blown away with his level of professionalism and talent!

Arpeggio Wedding Entertainment Arpeggio Wedding Entertainment Wedding DJs

Brad is always a pleasure to work with. He truly loves what he does and give great attention to his work. Highly recommend!

Flowerthyme Flowerthyme Wedding Florists

love working with Brad Smith .. he has a gentleness to him that I believe makes everyone at ease . HIs photography is very creative and I love his detail shots as well. Always a fun day when he is on the scene.

405 Wickenden St Providence, RI, 02903
Location of (Brad Smith Photography)

Brad Smith Photography frequently asked questions

Brad Smith Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Proofs
  • Save the Date
Brad Smith Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Providence for your wedding