Brad Smith Photography Reviews

51 | Warwick, RI

51 Reviews for Brad Smith Photography

Emma · Married on 09/16/2017

There are good photographers, great photographers, and then there's Brad Smith, the greatest. Having briefly worked with Brad with Yelp, I knew he was not only an excellent photographer, but a really cool guy. When I got engaged, I knew that there was no one else that I would rather have photograph our wedding.

I remember telling Brad early on that James and I weren't the kind of couple that would be into cutesy poses, but after the post-ceremony oxytocin kicks in, and Brad gives the direction for a gentle kiss on the forehead, you're all about it, and it feels perfectly natural.

He will take advantage of the light, and weather to make sure you capture the most beautiful and romantic photos possible on your special day. Throughout the rest of the day, other than the obligatory posed photos, Brad is quietly doing his job, capturing both the ordinary and extraordinary moments with professionalism and skill beyond compare.
    It's true that after the big day ends, all you're left with is the photos. It's worth investing in a photographer, like Brad, on whom you can depend to capture all of the moments you want to remember for a lifetime.

Thank you, Brad!

Gloria · Married on 11/06/2016

If you want to absolutely love your wedding photos, then work with Brad!! He is THE BEST. I did extensive research to find our wedding photographer (for our intimate elopement style wedding), looking at hundreds of photos, websites and pinterest profiles and Brad stood out as a creative genius! The best part about Brad, aside from his artistic talent of course, is his calming presence - he adds a layer of cool calm to your wedding day that can help soothe any worries you might have and relax on your special day. For example, I forgot my veil and started to panic, but Brad calmly told me everything was going to be ok, that I would still have awesome photos (and he was right!). He's the epitome of professional - very responsive and you can tell he truly cares about his clients. He really got to know my husband and I, which I appreciated. Brad's value is extraordinary - he captures these picture perfect moments while blending into the background so you don't even know he's photographing you. He truly respects the intimacy of the moments you have on your wedding day, while also producing spectacular images. In the days following our wedding, Brad sent us 'teaser photos' which I loved and in just 3 weeks, we received our entire online gallery. Working with Brad was a key component to our wedding day being such a success.

Derek · Married on 09/04/2016

Without a doubt, the best photographer in the area. From the initial call to our engagement shoot to the wedding to the post-wedding follow up, Brad has been incredibly professional, knowledgable and fun to work with. He makes the bride & groom at ease with his relaxed style, but his dedication to his craft is unparalleled and certainly shows in the output. Trust me - give Brad a call when you need a wedding photographer... you won't be disappointed!

• Kate

Kate · Married on 08/13/2016

My husband and I could not be happier that we chose Brad to document our wedding weekend. He was referred to us by our wedding planner, who I depended on for most of our vendor decisions. After checking out his portfolio and a quick chat, I felt confident that we'd found our photographer. Brad joined us on Friday evening for our rehearsal dinner and again on Saturday for our entire wedding day. He was completely unobtrusive, which is important, but he was also super easygoing and a lot of fun to have around throughout the day, which in my opinion is even more important. Everyone was so at ease with him, which I truly think comes across in all of our photos. My favorite thing to hear from friends who weren't able to attend our wedding is how seeing our photos made them feel like they were there. He truly is that good at capturing the emotions from your wedding day. Brad's turnaround time for our photos was extremely quick (we got them while we were on our honeymoon about two or three weeks after our wedding), and the prints that I've received so far have been absolutely gorgeous. I would recommend Brad a million times over to anyone looking for a top-notch wedding photographer.

cassandra · Married on 07/09/2016

I saved this review until last because my husband and I both believe working with Brad was the best decision we made in planning our wedding. I am new to Rhode Island and found Brad simply by searching for wedding photographers. His work spoke for itself just based on his website alone. I immediately showed my now husband and we agreed to find out if he was available on our wedding date. Lucky for us, despite the wedding being only 8 months away, Brad had availability for our wedding. We scheduled to meet with him in his studio and he was incredibly accommodating to our time needs even when we had to reschedule due to illness. After meeting with Brad it was clear we didn't need to speak to anyone else. We booked immediately. Throughout the process Brad offered us helpful hints, scheduling ideas, and suggestions and was available for any questions we had. He even made recommendations for other vendors and we ultimately chose a florist he recommended. Brad was easy to work with and has a calm demeanor that allowed us to trust his judgement. I cannot say enough wonderful things about his talent, overall demeanor, and the help he provided to us throughout the planning phase. He essentially served as a coordinator throughout our wedding planning by providing questions to answer, things to think about that we wouldn't have considered, and sample timelines to go by. My suggestion to couples looking for a photographer is to save yourself some time and meet with him first, because you won't need to meet with anyone else.

Anne · Married on 06/25/2016

Brad is professional, flexible, creative, talented and a wonderful person to work with. He captured so many special moments on our wedding day. He is extremely quick and efficient. He made our wedding day stress free! I would recommend him to any bride, he was an absolute pleasure to work with!

Julie · Married on 05/29/2016

My husband and I got married in May 2016, and had the pleasure of working with Brad. Before meeting Brad, we met with countless photographers in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Ultimately, we decided to go with Brad because of his calm, easy-going demeanor and impressive & wonderful work.

Throughout the wedding planning process, Brad was accommodating, professional, positive, and focused. During the wedding itself he and his second photographer blended into the background, made us smile, and captured all our special moments to create pictures that looked natural and effortless. We loved the final product, and would highly recommend Brad!

Patrice · Married on 12/31/2015

My husband and I are so happy we chose Brad Smith as our photographer. We have received so many compliments! For our engagement photos he drove to Cape Cod and spent a generous amount of time with us, and on the wedding day he was there early and left late. He captured it all and we are so thrilled. Most of our friends had to wait months for their photos, but Brad had our wedding pictures up just a couple weeks after the wedding (and he gave us a sneak peek the day after our wedding of one of the wonderful photos he captured too!). Thank you Brad Smith for being so great!!!

My husband, John and I would recommend Brad Smith Photography to anyone who is looking for a truly amazing wedding photographer and all around great person to work with. Brad was so careful to ensure that he wasn't intruding on our special moments throughout the day, by not making us feel as though we were on camera at all times. My wedding party even complemented him, stating that 99% of the time they didn't even realize he was in the room, which made the photos even more spectacular! He was able to catch those special, meaningful moments, of family, friends and us as a couple, in the purist way possible. Brad, was also extremely quick and efficient in regards to getting us copies of our photos digitally just weeks after our wedding. Brad is professional, efficient, he listen to your needs and doesn't treat each wedding like just another shoot. He sincerely takes the time to get to know each couple as individuals to ensure the highest quality of service. Without a doubt Brad is the best!

Mary-Kate · Married on 10/16/2015

Brad is the best! We had looked at a few photographers before deciding and we couldn't be happier with our choice. Brad made us both feel very comfortable; he is relaxed and funny and made our engagement photos and wedding day go very smoothly. Even with a rowdy bridal party Brad was able to keep everyone focused and got the shots that were important to us. When we look back at our wedding photos they make us smile and laugh and remember the beauty and romance of our day. We love looking at our wedding photos and get so many compliments on them. I would recommend Brad to any bride and groom!

Megan · Married on 10/10/2015

Brad was recommended to us by my now sister-in-law (who is also a photographer). Of course, we took her up on her recommendation after seeing his other work. When we first met with Brad, I’ve never felt so comfortable. He was genuinely enthusiastic about our ideas and how we wanted our day captured. The day of the wedding, he blended right in. He was like a ninja! When we got our photos back, I swear he has the ability to be in two places at once without even being noticed! The final product turned out so incredible, every time we look at the photos, it’s like reliving the day. There really aren’t words to say how thankful we are for Brad and his talent.

Cassie · Married on 09/19/2015

My husband and I were recently married this September in Newport, RI. We could not be happier with our choice to work with Brad Smith Photography throughout the wedding process. Brad was professional and a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Brad's creative style exceeded our expectations. When we received our photos after the wedding, we were thrilled with the quality and that every special moment was captured. My husband and I would definitely recommend Brad Smith Photography in a heart beat.

We live in CT and had our ceremony in CT and reception in NY. Brad was so kind to meet us halfway between RI and CT for our engagement shoot. He captured the best fall colors and lighting which made us so excited to have him as our professional for our wedding. On top of that, Brad was so easy to hang out with and continue conversations throughout the afternoon. This was extremely important to us as we knew we would be spending a lot of time with Brad on our wedding day. For our wedding weekend, he traveled to CT (his travel costs were extremely reasonable) and started the weekend with us at our welcome party. This was a great time for him to meet other family members before the big day. He also was able to check out our venue before the reception which was awesome. The wedding day was perfect and we loved having Brad around. His shots on the water were amazing which was so important to us as we grew up sailing together. He then gave us our final images in less than two weeks! My one recommendation to all brides is to give a shot list of shots you must have prior to the big day as it is so easy to forget during all the chaos. Thanks for everything Brad!

Christie · Married on 08/31/2015

Brad took photographs at our elopement ceremony in Newport, RI and the whole experience was first class! Brad arrived early to make sure he was there as soon as we were ready for him. He shot photos during our ceremony and then we spent about an hour with him going to different spots in Newport for more photos. Brad and I had spoken ahead of time to map out a basic plan for the locations but that evening he was flexible and added a few additional spots in. Our session was fun and relaxed and Brad did everything possible to make sure that we enjoyed our evening! And above all else, the photos were stunning! He captured great moments during the ceremony and had an amazing eye for backdrops that would look fantastic in pictures. I can not stop looking at all the photos! I would recommend Brad to anyone who is looking for a supportive and helpful photographer and amazing memories captured in your photos!

Krista · Married on 08/22/2015

I found Brad Smith after googling my wedding venue, his pictures stood out to me every time. I am so happy with my engagement and wedding photos. The pictures bring me back to each moment, especially the candid moments, that now I will never forget. Brad and his assistant where everywhere, though on the sly I barely noticed them, but they caught everything, all the beautiful moments, hugs, and laughs that I will surely never forget. Pictures are the most valuable thing containing all the memories.

Mary · Married on 07/24/2015

My husband and I just received our wedding photos this week, and we are absolutely thrilled! Booking Brad as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made. After all planning is over and the memories have been made, I cannot stress enough how much it means to be able to relive the day. Brad was somehow able to capture each moment flawlessly. Every time I scroll through the photos (which I already have numerous times), I feel like I am still experiencing all the beauty, all the fun, all the detail, and all the emotion of the day. Brad did not miss anything, and every single photo is stunning! He has an incredible gift of being to capture sooo many perfect candid moments as well as shots that have incredible depth and magnificent backgrounds. We’ve already posted a few pictures online and immediately my friends and family started raving about the “talented photographer”. And not only is his work outstanding, but so is he. We couldn’t have asked for a nicer photographer, and he was truly a pleasure to have there with us on our wedding day.

Lauren · Married on 05/24/2015

My husband and I used Brad Smith to shoot our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we made that day. Everyone says your wedding flies by and you need to take a moment here and there to enjoy it. Honestly, I don't know how people truly stop to do this because you are going nonstop until the night ends. I was extremely happy we hired Brad because he captured every moment that we experienced and that we missed, beautifully. Every single one of his pictures was stunning - we got to relive the night looking through all our pictures. We are having a difficult time choosing which ones to frame and select for our album. He was worth every penny and more!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/25/2015

Brad is actually the best. I know I could be considered biased, but I’m still holding on to that card that says brides are always right ;-) We started looking for photographers pretty early on in the process, and ended up going with Brad because the focus seemed to be on the candid shots. He takes gorgeous posed and portrait photos but we were really impressed with the photos that really captured the action and emotion of the wedding. We did our engagement shoot with him, and the compliments we got on our “Save the Date” and other photos (and how much we loved them!) confirmed that we had made the right choice for the wedding. And the wedding photos…seriously, he nailed it. Laughter, nostalgia, pride, love, silliness – you can see it all in these pictures. We get to relive our wedding through these photos of us and our favorite people in these beautifully captured moments. Most of the time we didn’t realize they were right there with us (a good thing for someone who loves candids!), but as the bride and groom, we did spend a lot of time with Brad and Trevor and we could not have asked for cooler guys to hang out with. They were relaxed and fun and the times where it was just the four of us were some of my favorite memories from the day! So, if you’re hesitating about a photographer, stop, and book Brad. You’ll spend money, but what you’ll get back could never have a price tag!

DeAnna · Married on 12/13/2014

We found Brad Smith Photography when looking for a photographer for our engagement photos. We met Brad during our engagement shoot. He was professional, amicable, and willing to take photos at a few locations. He made the shoot easy and comfortable. We left knowing that we would be booking him for our wedding. When we reviewed our engagement photos, it confirmed what we already thought of Brad Smith. We booked him for our wedding and he made the entire process easy and stress free which is so important with the natural stress that comes from planning a wedding. At our wedding, all of our family and friends were raving about how great it was to work with him. To top it all off, our wedding photos were AMAZING!!!! He captured our entire wedding day- all of our special moments and our family and friends. He is an amazing photographer and surpassed all of our expectations. I highly recommend Brad Smith Photography for your wedding day- one of the most amazing days of your life!

DeAnna · Married on 12/13/2014

Katie · Married on 09/27/2014

Booking Brad as our wedding photographer was without question the best decision we made in all our wedding planning. From our initial meeting with him to discuss our vision/expectations, right up to receiving the photos after the wedding, he was super easy to work with and communicative.

For most of the wedding day we didn’t even realize he was there, as he was able to capture every moment without being in the way. We received the proofs less than a month after the wedding and WOW. They were worth every dollar. He captured so many moments that I didn’t even realize happened that day. Emotions and joy seemed to burst from the photos and looking through them, it felt like we were reliving the day all over again.

I cannot express how professional and wonderful Brad is to work with and would recommend him to anyone seeking a wedding photographer!

Can't say enough good things about Brad! If you have the chance to work with him BOOK HIM ASAP! We absolutely loved working with him. We had a great time getting to know him for our engagement shoot and were blown away by his work. By our wedding day he felt like an old friend and it was such a joy to have him and Angie with us. They chose such great locations for our shots and were so helpful with managing all of the family and friends for group photos. Brad was so responsive with all of the suggestions, requests and questions leading up to our wedding and during that day. We just loved working with him and felt so at ease with him and Angie. They were so great a capturing moments without interrupting or even being seen. And their work is unbelievable! Just stunning photography! Love, love, love him! You can rest assured you are going to have an unforgettable experience and incredible photos.

Brad did an AMAZING job capturing our wedding!! He was an absolute delight to work with and our pictures are stunning. Brad has a very calm demeanor which helps you keep calm on what might otherwise be a stressful day. He arrived early and was all ready to go. He took a lot of really cool shots and now my biggest problem is deciding which ones I will blow-up and put in our book! During the ceremony he was so unobtrusive that I was shocked by some of the photos he captured, not realizing he'd been taking them. I can not say enough good things about my experience with Brad and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for the perfect photographer.

Brad is absolutely the best! He was so laid back and made us both feel so comfortable working with him. He works so hard to capture all the best moments of the day and I would recommend him to anyone!

Meghan · Married on 05/03/2014

Brad was wonderful to work with, he kept my husband and I relaxed the entire time! He is extremely responsive, always taking the time to answer my questions and was a huge help in figuring out the time line of the day. I highly recommend Brad!