MOTORWORKS BREWING Reviews

9 | Bradenton, FL

9 Reviews for MOTORWORKS BREWING

• Karina

Karina Concepcion · Married on 02/09/2019

Best Brewery & Rehearsal Spot in Florida!

Motorwork's Brewery not only has some of the best local beers in Florida and the Greater Tampa Bay area their staff, service and especially their event coordinate Kali deserve 10 stars!!! My husband and I currently reside in Tampa, FL and recently got married on 2/9/2019 in the Bradenton Area. All of our guests were from out of state (NJ, NY, OH,AZ, KS, New England) and we really wanted to give them a great weekend away to celebrate our marriage. To find a location for 80+ folks on a Friday, in February (prime season in FL) and with a cool laid back atmosphere seemed like an impossible task on top of planning our wedding. The second we connected with Kali at Motorworks Brewery her positive, professional, caring approach put us immediately at ease. She helped us customize our event EXACTLY how we pictured it. The Brewery has several food trucks they partner with and we really wanted to offer our guest Cuban food since my family was Cuban and guess what- Kali helped us make that a reality!! She went above and beyond helping us find the right caterer, placing orders and truly customizing our event. We had multiple emails, visits, etc leading up to it and also all while she had her own wedding! Day of, when we arrived the staff at Motorworks, the location, the service blew us away-it was more perfect than I could have imagined! All of our guests were so impressed and allowed everyone to unwind in the warm FL weather, enjoy a local beer and kick off our wedding weekend. I can not recommend Motorworks Brewery enough to anyone that wants to host an event or even grab a casual beer if you are in town! The live music was perfect, our ring bearer even enjoyed in on the fun.

Thank you Kali and team for making this such a memorable evening for us!

Karina and Kyle

Sent on 03/06/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2018

Pond Rehersal Dinner 10/05/18

When we were searching for a rehearsal dinner venue we wanted a location that was relaxing and laid back for our bridal party. When we found Motorworks Brewery on Wedding Wire we knew we would a perfect match! We went with a backyard BBQ theme and had our dinner catered through Sonny's BBQ. We chose this option as there was yard games to play, a live band and full bar for our Guests to enjoy. The food was delicious and our Guests were complimenting it the entire evening. We had a few Guests that hit traffic coming to the venue, the Sonny's staff went above and beyond making plates for our Guests and keeping it warm until they arrived! I highly recommend Motorworks for anyone looking for a laid back and fun rehearsal dinner location!

Sent on 12/22/2018

MOTORWORKS BREWING's reply:

Sarah -

Thank you so much for letting not only our staff but Sonny's as well on how we were able to make your event here at Motorworks great for you and your guests! You all were amazing, and we all our very thankful you chose us to host your special event. It truly was a pleasure working with, and getting to know you throughout the process!

From all of us here at Motorworks Brewing we hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and we wish you a Happy New Year!

Have a great day!
    Kali Smith - Events Coordinator

kate · Married on 03/24/2017

The venue is beautiful and the staff is amazing. Molly was awesome to work with!

Sent on 04/01/2017

Colleen · Married on 03/04/2017

Great option for a wedding reception. Molly was so efficient and on top of things. The caterer they suggested for the apps and dinner was easy to work with and everyone raved about the food. They also make the cutest wedding cake. Motorworks service was superb (ask for Bethany).

Sent on 03/21/2017

Gloria · Married on 03/10/2017

We had a great time at the MotorWorks for my son's rehearsal dinner. Molly and company did a great job with the planning and the day of the event!
    We will certainly continue to visit MotorWorks on our visit Bradenton area!
    The Wyatts!

Sent on 03/29/2017

beth · Married on 04/08/2017

3.5

Highly recommend. Great atmosphere and great music. Very accommodating.

Sent on 03/30/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/28/2019

4.2
      3.0

Excellent if you only deal with Coordinator

Motorworks is amazingly beautiful! The tree outside is stunning and even better with all the lights. The value was good. It may be a bother for some that they are open for regular business during events but we were not bothered at all by any patrons in any way. The (current) event coordinator Mariah is fantastic, she is super responsive, polite, helpful, reasonable, knowledgeable and kind. If you work with her your life will be amazingly easy. The bar/wait staff was awesome Tyla was hands down the best waitress I have ever had at any establishment ever. We loved her! The bar is a full bar with wine beer and liquor, so even though its a brewery it still has something for everyone.
    Now the donwside... first they do not (at least didnt to us) offer any catering recommendations or list of preferred caterers, so we chose our caterer and then were forced to pay a 20% service charge to Motorworks. Same thing happened for our cupcakes except we were told we HAD to order cupcakes from a specific place that was the only place they would allow cake or cupcakes from, and we still had to pay a 20% service charge on them. None of that was disclosed when we booked Motorworks as our venue and really came off kind of sneaky. I did some research and called other breweries that host events and none of them charge this type of fee.
    The final really bad thing is the attitude of the owner. Her name is Denise and she is so completely ambivalent and uncaring it comes across as downright rude. She is rather demeaning when she speaks to you and acts as if you should be honored she allowed you to pay her to have your event at her establishment. If we had to deal directly with Denise we would not have booked Motorworks at all and would have had our wedding somewhere else, but stick with Mariah for communications and you will be pleased.

All in all we had a fabulous time. A gorgeous outdoor location with tents and fans, an amazing waitstaff, great beer, fantastic coordinator and wonderful memories that will last a life time. If I knew now about the downsides of Motorworks I would still have my wedding there so I would recommend.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Mari · Married on 07/25/2017

3.4
      3.0

When your doing a destination wedding and your doing it yourself, ask for a picture of a container with the amount of people it is required to feed. I had 2 trays that did not feed the amount I paid for. It should of been more than enough food considering all the last minute cancellations. They were also understaffed. Another issue was tables were missing and I was told to grab them, if I paid for that set up that should not have been put on me. I only had one waiter that was very overwhelmed and the bartender was actually a waiter and frustrated. The last thing I had to serve my cake and asked for plates or napkins, event planner said that had to be provided by me or bakery on my wedding day not exactly what I wanted to hear, i would of been more than happy to pay additional for plates, other than the 2 trays being short of food, I will say the food and set up were beautiful and delicious

Sent on 08/09/2017
  • Devan

Devan Katsigiannakis · Married on 11/24/2018

1.2
      2.0

Total mess

We planned the wedding afterparty at Motorworks and it was an absolute disaster. We had gone back and forth with the events team for weeks and yet one hour before the event, they acted confused about how many people were coming (60!) and cut staff! So when we came in the trolley we hired, they only had one server working to cover all 60 of us. It was so bad, guests were complaining they weren't getting their drinks. They had to walk across the large venue, away from the outdoor event space, into the bar and get their drink then walk back. After a few times of this, our guests became frustrated and half the party stayed in the bar with the rest still in the event space. If you want a sure fire way to have a terrible event and ensure all of your guests walk away annoyed and wishing they had not come - then chose this place! If you want to have a fun and orderly event that goes smoothly, DO NOT go here!!! Do not waste your time and money. If only we could go back in time, we would have never come here. Their lack of organization and professionalism ruined our night.

Sent on 11/28/2018