Garnished-Events

Arlington, VA View map

$3,000 Package Price

Hello there!!!

My name is Sheena-Lee Henry. I am the Lead Wedding and Event Planner of Garnished-Events LLC.

Garnished-Events LLC is an award winning Wedding and Event Planning company! We are a team of experienced women from diverse background and extensive experience and knwledge in our industry. We also pride ourselves nat being phenomenal Wedding Stylist. Who better to style and decorate your wedding than your very own Wedding Planner! Based in Arlington, VA, Garnished-Events LLC designs and executes events personalized to each couple. Our comprehensive services, insight and dedication are sure to make every occasion memorable and truly special. I’ve been working as a qualified Wedding Planner since 2012, forming a network with some of the best event vendors in the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area. No matter what ideas you have, I’m here to help make your dream a reality. I’m here to help you decide what your budget should be and to advise you about how to spend it wisely. I focus on your visual presentation of your wedding ans well as fine tuning all details necessary for an extravogant finished product. Contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation!

And don't forget to FOLLOW US: @garnishedevents

-Women Owned Business

-Black Owned Business

-LGBTQ (Love is Love)

-Bilingual

-Bridal Showers, Rehersal dinner (from start to finish)

-Special Occasions from small dinners to large weddings

-Destination weddings (Passport Ready!)

All of our services are customizable. We believe each and every wedding should be tailored to the personality, wants and needs of each couple.

We look forward to hearing from you!

• Black-owned
  • Hispanic or Latinx-owned
  • LGBTQ+-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$800

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$3,000

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$5,000

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Elopement
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

illustration question

• O
    Olivia R. Married on 04/24/2021
    5 out of 5 rating

Excellent!!

I have nothing but kind words for Garnished-Events. Our original Day of Coordinator was unable to help with our wedding about two months before our wedding, and Garnished-Events luckily had availability. I could not be happier with working with them. Sheena was great, organized, and detail-oriented. She thought of things that never crossed my mind. It really helped me out, and it was great that she was able to run with all that I had planned for the wedding so far. She offered suggestions based on her experience, and I was grateful for it. She also had her team, Linda and Alondra with her. They were fantastic to work with as well! I highly recommend hiring her and her team for your event! You will not regret it.
  • Dynahlee
    Dynahlee P. Married on 03/11/2022

Beautiful decor, bad communication

Let us start by saying that on our day, 3.11.22, decor was incredible. Everything was beautiful and as discussed, Garnished Events succeeded in the vision we requested. It was nice to see Sheena at end of the night and thank her for all her hard work on steaming the table cloths, customizing the pearl design on the napkins, and fulfilling our Great Gatsby theme, in addition to the stunning large white feathers. Wow. Nothing but compliments from the guests and us!

However, communication over the course of several months throughout the process was rough. We often felt like we were bothering them and often went weeks without responses — in addition to being told they were very busy and our wedding wasn’t until March, plus we weren’t their “full bride or client/ couple” since we only paid for decor. The evolving aspect of the bill was also confusing, but when they did explain it, it was helpful.

While there were some personal situations outside of their control that impeded timely communications, we felt overall that communication wasn’t great. Email can come
    across snarky, but if said with the right tone and message, can make all the difference. That would be our best recommendation for Garnished.

In addition, we booked this vendor 10 months before our wedding (May) — only to be called a few months before and told we were not in their service area. They found a solution that was no cost to us, but we were very stressed much of the time because it was a huge red flag.

At the end of the day, our wedding turned out beautiful. So thank you for that. Wishing Garnished and team the best.

-Dynahlee + Joseph
  • JASMINE
    Jasmine H. Married on 05/06/2021
    1 out of 5 rating
      1.0 out of 5 rating

Major blow-up 1.5 months away from my wedding!!

I originally contacted them for my wedding in May in Gaithersburg MD. After I paid my deposit, we had to change venues, so our date also changed. I contacted Sheena in January to make sure that was ok and gave them the new date and location, then I emailed them the same. They contacted me the same day with a contract. I signed and paid the full balance. They sent me an email saying thank you. Today, FIVE MONTHS LATER, Sheena insisted that I made a mistake because I originally told them Gaithersburg, even with proof of email and asked that I hire more staff or pay mileage for "my error." She was extremely condescending, trying to make it seem like she was coming up with a solution, but really kept just blaming me for them not realizing it was a different location. I was understandably upset and trying to understand how this happened, and she was even insinuating this was my error, and she kept making comments like "are you done?" I asked if she could explain how that was my error, she refused. Then when I demanded a refund she hung up while saying "you're the one who filled out the paperwork wrong."

Garnished-Events's reply:

Hello Jasmine,

First, my apologies for the unfortunate mishap we have had with planning your special day. At Garnished Events we aim to please our clients and customers. We strive to enhance any occasion with our brand and level of service.

There are many statements in your review, that we would love to address and correct. However, our main concern is that you have changed your reception location to an address outside of our radius. We simply can not provide a server at $120 for an event that is 3 hours away. We received only your deposit and we offered you a full refund.

I sincerely apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused. Please accept our full refund. We wish you the very best on your endeavors.
illustration stars

Sheena Lee Henry
Sheena Lee Henry
Owner

Lead Wedding/Event Planner of Garnished-Events LLC
14 years in the Wedding Industry (Dress Consultant, Coordinator, Designer and Planner)
Planned and Coordinated over 35 Weddings
BFA Earned: Fine Arts, with a focus on Interior Design
Wedding Planner Certified
Interior Design Certified

Alondra Martinez
Alondra Martinez
Event & Wedding Planner

As an event and wedding planner, I’ve been able to center in on my passion for helping clients create truly fantastic and memorable experiences for their guests. There is nothing more satisfying than knowing my services made my clients’ day better.

I'd say the passion has been engraved really early on in my life through watching my father paint & draw, though I can't physically do both, and in helping him pick palettes.

From your pastels, to vibrant colors, they all catch my eye and burst inspiration through my mind.

I absolutely adore trying new things and going outside of the box to puzzle in the grand picture.

As a bilingual event & wedding planner I also pride myself in inclusion and will be thorough with you each step of the way.

I look forward to learning more about you, and bringing your vision to life!

Favorite Cocktail: Sazerac