1217 Main St, Hingham, MA 02043 Map · Phone number

a3dcb42e1005195e 1521823805 8f7f8ab63230de64 1521823804 f06485d22c6edf9d 152182

5 Reviews for The Scarlet Oak Tavern

• A.C.

A.C. · Married on 10/11/2014

My new husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception (40 people) at the Scarlet Oak on a Saturday in October, 2014. I cannot express enough of what a wonderful venue the Scarlet Oak is, and what a professional job they did.

The Planning
    The Events Manager Alex was top notch. We have been working together and planning for several months and she was always very responsive and helpful, and full of great suggestions and ideas. Alex was so incredibly organized that when the day of the wedding came, I didn't worry about a thing. I was relaxed, and had 100% confidence that she had it all under control.
    Pre-Ceremony
    It rained on our big day (good luck, right?) so we had to take pictures inside, which worked out great. The space is rustic and charming and worked out perfectly. Alex had a room set up for us to "hide out" before the wedding, which was decorated lovely, and had a mirror and water, and was quite comfortable.
    The Ceremony
    On our big day, everything was perfectly executed. It was 100% flawless. The room was absolutely breathtaking, as was the bar area. It was exactly as I had envisioned, and it could not have been more romantic.
    The Appetizers
    We offered the Scarlet Salad, which is field greens, crispy shallots and cranberries with a vinaigrette which was very tasty. We also offered clam chowder as an option, and many guests raved about it. One even commented that it was 100x better than Legals.
    The Dinner
    We offered the roasted chicken, the filet, and the haddock. My guests could not stop raving about the food. I had more than one guest say that this was the best meal they ever had at a wedding. I would agree with that.
    Dessert
    We opted not to have a wedding cake and instead offered our guests the choice between the carrot cake ( which is amazing) and the berry cobbler, which people raved about as well.
    The most popular items ordered at the dinner were clam chowder, filet, and he dessert was a toss up.

Sent on 11/01/2014

Joanne · Married on 08/01/2014

We can't say enough good things about our rehearsal dinner at Scarlet Oak Tavern! From the planning to the event, we were treated like we were the ONLY two people holding an event there. The team was responsive and truly went above and beyond to make every detail perfect for us! They even designed a custom menu for us with our wedding colors that coordinated with our rehearsal dinner invitations ... All included in the price! The food was OUT OF THIS WORLD!! The passed pizza for appetizers was a huge hit, and our guest raved about the entrees and desserts!! We had an incredible time, and could not have been more thrilled with the evening!! Thank you to the entire event staff for making our rehearsal dinner such a memorable evening!!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Kerrie · Married on 07/26/2014

I had my wedding rehearsal dinner at Scarlet Oak Tavern this past July and could not be happier with my choice! My wedding had a rustic theme so when I saw this beautiful tavern I fell in love! Especially the upstairs room where we had our event was so gorgeous with unique wood decor and rustic charm. The service, food, and drinks were unbelievable and within our budget. When my now husband and I first went to check out the location we had brunch on the patio and they even brought us a complimentary appetizer dish as they knew we were interested in booking. It was such a nice touch. My guests were raving about the charm of this place, the amazing food, and outstanding quality of service. I can't wait to continue going to Scarlet Oak when I visit the South Shore and will always remember how special they made my rehearsal dinner!

Sent on 08/28/2014