American Wedding Gown Specialists

Middletown, NY View map Visit website

Turn the memory of your wedding day into an heirloom that will last for generations to come!

American Wedding Gown Specialists is a leading expert in the cleaning and preservation of wedding gowns. For over 36 years our customers have been thrilled with our level of customer service and attention to detail. Our team of Certified Master Cleaners has decades of combined experience – your dress is in good hands!

Preservation protects your gown from exposure to light and air. Choosing not to preserve your wedding dress increases the likelihood of yellowed fabric, brown spots, mold/mildew and permanent creases or tears in the fabric. Don’t take the risk!

Our Process

Wedding Dress Preservation and standard dry cleaning are not the same. Wedding day spills such as soda, wine and cake can dry without leaving a mark, but these sugary stains, which are not dissolved during ordinary dry cleaning, will caramelize into brown spots. Did we mention sweat, makeup and hemline dirt? No problem! After your wedding, we’ll clean your gown and take extra steps to remove all stains – even the ones you can’t see.

Our cleaning process is environmentally friendly and our preservations are carbon neural. We use the most innovative, all natural products and continuously train our staff in order to ensure that we have the most up-to-date practices.

After cleaning, we personally inspect your gown before it is carefully layered with acid-free tissue and preserved in a specialty wedding chest for a lovely keepsake!

Going beyond the gown, we offer preservation of additional items such as a veil, purse, garter, and shoes, creating a collection of wedding day mementos.

Our guarantee includes free correction of discoloration, as well as free pressing for future use. If you pass your gown on to a friend or relative, any member of the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists will press it before use.

Additional services we provide include cleaning and/or pressing of:

Wedding gown – pre wedding

Groom suit or tux

Bridesmaid dresses

Groomsmen suits

Mother of the bride/groom attire

Father of the bride/groom attire

Flower girl dresses

Ring bearer attire

All other formalwear

• F
    Fredericks/Frist Married on 11/22/2021

Highly recommend

We were referred by the seamstress who altered my daughter's wedding gown. We completely trusted her referral & are so glad we did. If we could give mire then 5 stars we would. The gown is boxed exquisitely & completely protected. Marianna & her staff, aside from being a pleasure to deal with, went out of their way to assist us in returning it. We live out of state, 2 hours away, but have a close friend nearer to American Wedding Gown Specialists. They delivered the gown to our friend who then brought it on their next visit to family near us. Thank you so much.
  • Kris
    Kris G. Married on 04/03/2021

So glad I preserved my gown!

Despite being obsessed with wedding gowns, I hadn't given too much thought to preserving mine, since I'm a COVID bride and still in the midst of deciding whether or not I want to have a larger wedding down the road. All that said, I am so glad that my seamstress referred me to American Wedding Gown Specialists. They were able to remove a giant stain that went down the entire left side of my dress that I didn't even know was there, making it so that I can ACTUALLY wear my gown again. Marianna is an absolute gem and a joy to work with. She updated me at every step of the preservation process, and really went above and beyond what I had expected.
    Maci W. Married on 10/23/2020

Dress cleaning

I had a wonderful experience with Marianna! She was quick to respond to me, and the price was very fair for the quality of the service! I was very nervous about getting my dress cleaned but Marianna did everything so perfect and put the dress in the most beautiful box!! I highly recommend!

360 Route 211 East Middletown, NY, 10940
845-343-0111
Location of (American Wedding Gown Specialists)

Other vendors in Westchester for your wedding