Weddings in Vieques

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

My husband and I are from Iowa and we thought a destination wedding to Vieques would be perfect for us. We had never been to the island and knew nothing about Vieques other than it was breathtakingly beautiful. We decided to get married at the W Retreat and Spa - without a wedding planner. As suggested by the W, we chose Sandy Malone to provide flowers for our special day. Our flower was the ivory mini calla lily and Sandy made beautiful bouquets and boutineers wrapped with ivory lace. The flowers were delivered to my room on time and the flowers held for the entire day. However, this is NOT why I fell in love with Sandy and her services! This is why I fell in love with Sandy and her services: One month before the wedding I contacted Sandy because my husband and I were having trouble figuring out how to obtain a marriage license in Puerto Rico. For MONTHS we did research, contacted locals, and called the demographic office searching for answers that were seemingly impossible to find. I finally threw my hands in the air and asked for Sandy's help. Sandy knew exactly what needed to be done. She had an easy-to-understand list of all the documents we needed to bring with us to the island in order to get married, she found us a minister, and after many weeks of dealing with the demographic office (which was to be closed the week of our wedding) she set up an appointment for us to pick up our marriage license. As if that wasn't enough, Sandy picked my husband and I up at the resort and drove us to the demographic office; along the way she taught us about the island! So now you're thinking about how awesome Sandy Malone is, but WAIT! THERE IS MORE! Because of Sandy's connections, our paperwork was done immediately and we were able to bypass the line. While our paperwork was being processed Sandy talked and laughed with my husband and I, which made the trip to the office enjoyable. Both Sandy and her team are amazing! As my mom says, "Sandy Malone: Extraordinaire!"

Services Used: Wedding Planning
LOCATION
HC01 Box 8984, 61 Calle Ambar, Barrio Florida, Vieques, PR 00765
BLOG

One-Stop Caribbean Destination Wedding Planning

Weddings in Vieques is a full-service, destination wedding planning firm featuring unforgettable Caribbean weddings on the enchanted Vieques Island, Puerto Rico.  Based on Vieques Island and in Washington, DC, our professional planners are on-hand, in person to make sure that no little detail is missed while you plan the perfect destination wed ding trip for you and your guests.

Planning a destination wedding doesn’t mean you can’t have the elegant wedding of your dreams for a reasonable price, but it takes a professional wedding planner from Weddings in Vieques to make sure all the little details have already been taken care of when you arrive in Vieques to get married.  Weddings in Vieques will make your dreams come true for a beautiful Caribbean destination wedding or commitment ceremony, without stressing you out or costing you a fortune.  Sandy Malone is an experienced wedding planner with years of event planning experience in Washington, DC and on Vieques Island.

Most couples think of “destination” weddings as cheesy, mass-produced affairs inside big-name, walled resorts where every bride has the same basic ceremony, flowers, cake and pictures.  Your special day should be so much more than that!  You deserve an individually-arranged, detail-oriented retreat – whether you wish to run away and elope, or bring 40 of your family and friends with you to witness your union.  Weddings in Vieques will plan your intimate escape, or island-style gala event, specifically to your wishes.

Weddings in Vieques offers event planning services for weddings, anniversary parties, renewal of vows celebrations, and commitment ceremonies.  We can help you arrange your travel, your rental cars, your accommodations, your ceremony, your marriage license details, and your honeymoon.  We’ll coordinate your flowers, your cake, your photographer, and finding just the right hairdresser for you on your special day.

If your idea of an island wedding includes a group of your friends and family, Weddings in Vieques will help you arrange group discounts on travel and accommodations to get your guests to Vieques.  And we’ll plan group trips to the bioluminescent bay and barbecues on the beach for your guests – we’ll take care of all the little details that will make your wedding the most memorable event your friends have ever attended.

Vieques Island, Puerto Rico is a 20 mile by 5 mile island, located 7 miles off the eastern tip of Puerto Rico.  It is easily accessed by ferry or puddle-jumper airplane, and is widely-considered to be one of the most beautiful, unspoiled islands in the Caribbean.  Featuring the brightest bioluminescent bay in the world, nearly deserted beaches, charming small hotels and bed and breakfasts, fantastic locally-owned restaurants, and wild horses, getting married on Vieques Island will take your wedding or special event to the next level of memorable.

Details