Events by Sophie

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$3,500 Package Price

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$3,500 Package Price

Events by Sophie, LLC is a wedding planning team located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The company was founded by Sophie Barry in 2013 with the goal of keeping couples carefree on their special day! With over sixteen years of events management experience, Sophie and her staff specialize in the planning, coordination, and decoration of weddings and other special events.

We are happy to assist you with the planning and coordination of any of the aspects of your special day: from the rehearsal, to the ceremony and reception. We offer a range of packages, depending on the level of assistance you require. Our three most popular packages are outlined below:

• Day-Of Coordination for clients who want to organize most of the details for their wedding and need very little assistance.
  • Partial Wedding Planning who need assistance managing some of their pre-existing wedding plans.
  • Full Service Wedding Planning is best for clients who have extremely busy schedules and need assistance with every aspect of the nuptials.
  • Black-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1800

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$3500

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$6500

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$200

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

• Kali
    Kali T. Getting married on 06/11/2022

Sophie is the BEST! From one vendor to another

I have worked with Sophie a number of times and each time she makes the events run as smoothly as possible. I also go out of my way to work with and refer colleagues/ businesses that bring an energy worth remembering to the event. Sophie has got the warmth, zest, kindness and attention to detail that I look for. I will be looking forward to working with her again in the future and would recommend Events By Sophie to any bride searching for someone who's on top of their sh*t, easy to work with, and a true treat to be around. She'll make your big day just that much more special. Attached are a few images of the last job we worked together!
    Patsy C. Married on 11/14/2020

Exceptional in every way

I had an opportunity to work with Sophie and her team at Events by Sophie for my 35 birthday dinner this year and that was the best decision I made. I was extremely nervous about whether I should host something because of COVID, but after meeting with her she helped me to not only plan the event she put my mind at ease. She assisted me in creating a unique theme, identifying a location and vendors which were all COVID compliant. She was extremely professional, responsive to my needs, and so creative. I was so pleased with the outcome of my event and so were my guests. I look forward to using her services in the future.
  • O
    Oc Pyles Married on 10/11/2020

Micro Wedding

My (now) wife and I were supposed to get married in March, but covid pushed the plans back. We were considering getting married in 2021, but changed our mind. Sophie was able to help us plan out a really beautiful and meaningful micro wedding that was more than we could have dreamt of. I love the fact that she kept our love and the safety of everyone there at the top of mind!

Everyone should work with Sophie! Hiring a planner is an expense that is more than worth it and Sophie was worth her weight in gold! :)

Events by Sophie's reply:

Thank you so much! It was so great working with you both and I am so glad we were able to contribute to your special day! Cheers!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Total Exposure Band Total Exposure Band Wedding Bands

Very Professional and Highly Recommended.

Waldorf Waldorf, MD, 20601
Location of (Events by Sophie)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding