Events in the City

Leesburg, VA 20175 | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Eco-Friendly / Green
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
About Us
Events in the City is a nationally recognized company that focuses on design, planning, and execution of weddings and other special events. In addition to our full and partial planning packages we also offer a variety of specialty services to further enhance your event and the planning process. Events In The City has gained recognition for creating custom events and expanding on the traditional wedding and event. You can be sure that your vision will come to life and will be expanded upon, creating a one of a kind event that expresses who you are.

Megan Pollard and Laura Ritchie the co-founders of EITC work to maintain a team and family type atmosphere. As they say " two heads are better then one", well we believe that three are even better!
Christie McGuire is our lead designer and is an intricate part of EITC. You can be confident that in choosing to work with either Laura, Megan, or Christie you will not only have an incredible day to remember but will enjoy the process along the way. We hope that we may have the pleasure of meeting you soon, and appreciate you taking the time to learn a little bit more about us!
Cheers! Megan, Laura, and Christie
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Honestly, the BEST thing I did for my wedding was choosing Laura Ritchie from Events in the city as our wedding planner. Laura took my crazy, extravagant vision and made it a classy reality. From the second my mother and I met her, we knew she understood us, and got what we were going for. She kept me in line and in budget when I needed to be, and helped us splurge on things that made the most sense. She knew what we were and were not going to remember, and what would matter most to us. She just really understood us, and took the time to get it. She was readily available (even into the midnight hours) answering all of my questions, and getting our vendors to answer questions too. I am a bit of a control freak, and she took ALL of my fears/worries/concerns away. I knew she was leading us in the right directions with vendors/options and so on. Every vendor she had for us, just matched perfectly, I did not have to do any work, she just took care of it. On our actual wedding day, I felt as though I was a guest. I knew nothing (if anything) went wrong, she managed our crazy (fun) bridal party seamlessly, and did it all with a cheerful smile. Christie and Alice were also with us the day of, and were unbelievable. The kindness from those women and the calm executed from all of them is what really made my day effortless. As cheesy as this sounds, Laura made all of my wedding dreams come true, the wedding beautiful, the venue decorations were amazing, and the overall vibe of calmness was perfection (our guest are STILL raving about the wedding almost a month later). If I can say one thing to all brides reading this, just stop at this point and go hire them… YOU WILL NOT regret it. I promise!

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
Services Used: Wedding Planning
703-887-2459
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards