For All Occasions

For All Occasions

Where Memorable Celebrations Begin...

Fairfax, VA 22033 | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Forget what everyone tells you that planning your wedding is the most stressful time in your life, it won't be if you have Myrna and her incredible staff! She guides you through each step of the way flawlessly. Her recommendations on vendors are spot on and explains what you should look for/expect from each one. Planning my wedding was such an enjoyable process and I tell everyone it's 100% because of Myrna! She is by far your first wedding must have!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Maddie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Myrna was such a dream to work with. She made the most important day of our daughter's life such a positive experience to plan and enjoy. Her connections with the other services required (florist, caterer, etc.) were impeccable, reliable, professional, and very reasonable in prices.

This is the second time we have used Myrna for a family wedding and will continue to go back to her for all major family events! She is a treasure that you cannot put a price tag on. I cannot recommend her enough!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Kathy
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so happy we chose Myrna and her team to help us plan our wedding! She had contacts for every vendor we needed, many of whom had worked together before. And on the day of our wedding, she and her team were invaluable! They worried about the details, so the two of us could focus on just enjoying the evening. Thank you, Myrna!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a very small wedding (35 people) and I just needed to spend a few hours with someone to go over details. In our 2 hour session she answered every single question, and she just really put my mind at ease. She's a pleasure to work with too!

If you're doing a super-small event and just to need to check in with someone who knows what they're doing - call Myrna!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Myrna was great! I came to the wedding process clueless and she helped me step by step, recommending vendors, setting up appointments, tracking all of the items that needed to be completed (and several I didn't even know had to get done!). She ordered our invitations for a discount and let us borrow quite a few items from her supplies, and coordinated with all of the vendors prior to the wedding, so I didn't have to worry about it. She even managed to make sure that I had a last minute bouquet made for a junior bridesmaid I forgot to count! During the day of the wedding, everything went smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a thing and had a great time. All of the vendors she recommended were also great. I would highly recommend Myrna.

Thank you Myrna for all of your help!

1 Review

Myrna is Fabulous!

Being a Hairstylist part time & Mother to a 5 year old boy full time I needed some help planning our Wedding.

Myrna kept me on task and helped me find vendors she thought worked best with my husband and I, and our Budget.Shes knows many vendors! and knowing Myrna she will only stay connected to the ones that know what they are doing,that being said Not having to waste time on interviewing/searching/researching vendors was fabulous for my life style.. I didn't have time for that.

Im an e-mail kind of girl,and she was great understanding e-mailing worked best for me but she always made sure I knew I could call her as well. She was good about scheduling meetings around my job and sons pre-school. I did wish she lived closer but i knew what i was getting myself into when hiring her (I live in Bristow.)

I had a beautiful Catholic wedding ceremony then we headed off to Heritage Hunt Country Club for our reception. I HAD THE MOST PERFECT DAY! and it even rained! haha, Myrna was there from when I put my gown on until my new husband and I hoped into our limo and left! She made the day so stress free, and most importantly my parents were stress free and got the chance to enjoy them selves (which was very important to me ) All my decorations were put up just as i Imagined them in my head, the timeline of the night went so smoothly, if there was ever a hic-up she was so on it i didnt know until it was already fixed.

I could go on and on.Yes, investing in a wedding planner so early in the game of wedding planning might be a little scary, but it is so worth it if you want to feel like a guest at your own wedding. Myrna's your Lady !

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I are supremely satisfied with the job Myrna and her team did coordinating our wedding. We had a lot of vendors and for all of them to come together so seamlessly is a true testament to the organization skills of Myrna's assistant Jackie and the team that accompanied her.

While Myrna offers several different packages, my then-fiance and I chose the coordinating option. For not having been involved with the planning process, Jackie slipped into the coordinating role as if she had been involved the entire time. Note to brides: Being organized helps the wedding planner be more organized.

Thank you Myrna and especially Jackie for helping to make our day successful.

• Wedding: 05/11/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Myrna was a lifesaver in so many ways when planning our wedding. As someone with a very busy job, I simply did not have time to track down, evaluate, and communicate with various vendors for each and every little wedding task (in DC you have TOO MANY options, in my opinion -- it gets completely overwhelming without help). Myrna cut right through all of that and provided several suggested vendors, each of whom were incredible and many of whom provided their services at a reduced rate in light of their relationship with Myrna. As a result, I am convinced that Myrna saved us thousands of dollars on our wedding AND introduced us to amazing vendors who each provided incredible service.
Myrna's planning services are, in and of themselves, and incredible steal when compared with other (ridiculously priced) planners in the area who don't have nearly as much experience as Myrna. If you need someone to do all the styling/decor design for your wedding for you, she might not be the right person for you but, then again, why would you want someone else selecting your style for you? Myrna HELPED us make those decisions for ourselves, which made everything feel so personal and just right.
And on the day-of, Myrna (and her team) are the people you want running your event. A wedding ceremony/reception is an incredibly complicated dance of timing, vendors, and guests and Myrna's team handled it all perfectly. She kept us on time but did not push things unnaturally ahead. And I felt so relaxed the whole day knowing Myrna was on top of everything. I got multiple comments from guests about how seemless and smoothly everything ran that day.
All in all, I think you'd be silly to choose someone besides Myrna to help you plan your wedding -- you'd end up paying A LOT more for a lot LESS experience.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Myrna at For All Occasions in Fairfax was a wonderful wedding planner. My daughter hired her as a full time consultant and Myrna went to the tastings, florists meetings, and many trips to the house in Clifton to look over the area being used for the outdoor wedding ceremony and reception in September, 2012. She helps with anything you need from picking colors, chair, and ordering invitations to napkins. She works with all vendors - florists, caterers, etc and gets you discounts and the best deal she can for you. She was there for the rehearsal and showed up early on the wedding day to make sure everything ran smoothly. The wedding was perfect from what I could see. My daughter told me later than she caught the bottom of her dress on one of the tent stakes, but Myrna was right there with her "wedding day kit" to repair her dress and she was back in action in a couple of minutes. Myrna was THE BEST and I'm so glad she was there to guide us thru this detailed process.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hiring Myrna was the best decision my husband and I made! My biggest concern was not having to worry about anything the day of our wedding so that we could just enjoy each other and our guests, and if you hire Myrna...you will not have to worry about a thing! Despite contracting her over a year in advance for just a "coordinating package" she was eager to work with us. Her professionalism, resources, and expertise were always available and willingly offered. She has an impeccable eye and really made everything look as beautiful and perfect as possible. The day of our wedding she handled everything flawlessly! :)

Highly, highly recommend Myrna and her team of professionals!

• Wedding: 08/18/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Myrna Hyman from For All Occasions Event Planning made planning a wedding an enjoyable, stress-free and pleasant experience! With years of experience in the wedding planning business, Myrna was able to recommend professional and quality vendors (florist, cake, dress, caterer, dj, etc) based on our wedding budget. This helped save so much time: no need to spend hours and hours researching online and making phone calls to vendors to get quotes and information. Myrna also had great recommendations when it came down to the details of the big day. Myrna was always available, whether by telephone, or e-mail. I would highly recommend Myrna Hyman!

• Wedding: 07/21/2012
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As the mother of the bride, I cannot express how grateful I am to you for making the wedding so absolutely perfect. I knew that the whole evening was in very good hands under your expert supervision and that of your able assistant. Everything was more than perfect and I can never thank you enough for making this very special day that much more special. I was able to relax the whole evening and did not worry one instant, and so I thank you immensely.
I also wanted to mention that many of our guests had nothing but high praise for the beautiful invitations. They loved how elegant they were and how easy to use they were.
With all my very best wishes.

• Wedding: 05/19/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Myrna came HIGHLY recommended from all the local vendors we met with so we entered a contract to have her help us with the finer details of the wedding. She ordered our invitations (which were beautiful), helped with hotels, booked the limo and let us use some of the items she had in her giant wedding closet. She set up our schedule for how the day was going to work, and coordinated with all the vendors (which was a huge help the days leading up to the wedding) She was there the whole day setting up and ensuring the day went smoothly. I was thankful to have her as I had no clue what I was doing. Our day was perfect and everyone had a blast! I just wish I could remember it - it went way too fast!
Thank you Myrna for helping our wedding look and flow beautifully!

• Wedding: 04/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Myrna to be our two month out Wedding Coordinator/Planner but she kindly began helping us earlier than our contract had stated, first by helping us find our wedding invitations. She saved us a ton of money- not only with our invitations, but by referring us to our Florist and DJ! Each of the vendors she recommended did an outstanding job for hundreds of dollars less than other vendors I had researched. She truly has her clients best interests at heart and doesn't leave one detail overlooked. She guided us through all the wedding planning craziness and made things so smooth and relaxed. From coordinating with the vendors, creating a timeline and just being there to tie up any loose ends, she made our event a night we will truly remember. My husband and I had an amazing time on our wedding day! It was stress free and so much fun! We can't thank Myrna enough!

• Wedding: 11/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

For All Occasions… and then some! Little did I know when I hired Myrna Hyman from For All Occasions what she and I would be dealing with when it came to planning my wedding. There is no way we could have predicted an earthquake, Hurricane Irene and my big day all in the same week. But low and behold, all three events occurred, each one a huge event in its own right.

With Myrna’s help, advice and support, I had the perfect wedding planned. Over the eight month preparation period, Myrna had provided me with excellent recommendations for vendors (all of which delivered above and beyond my expectations), plus saved me quite a bit of money. Her knowledge of the industry and contacts made everything so much easier. As you know, planning a wedding is not easy. Vendors are usually about “what is in it for me”. But Myrna was always all about “what’s in it for Liz and Eric”. We were her top concern and that was the most comforting thing.

Then came the week of our wedding, and everything we had planned for started to quickly unravel. Guests started to call and cancel because of fear of traveling, our officiate wanted to perform the ceremony early, the band wanted to be gone by 10PM (they were supposed to play until 11:30PM), and the venue wanted to move the entire timeline up so they could cook the food early in case the power went out, just to name a few things. But Myrna never lost her cool or professionalism and made everything as memorable as can be. From rearranging the place cards and shifting around our reception layout to coordinating the food orders and making sure Eric and I kept on smiling through it all, Myrna was the best gift we could have asked for. She even help plan the wedding shot of the night, Eric and me in the rain under a clear umbrella alone in the courtyard.

My wedding was the best night of my life, with memories that will last forever and a few stories a person couldn’t make up no matter how hard they tried. And none of it would have been possible without Myrna. My wedding wasn’t just a job to her and I wasn’t just a client. I consider Myrna, as does my husband and our families, part of our family. There is no way we could have coordinated such an amazing event without her know-how and support.

• Wedding: 08/27/2011
Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Photography, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I recently got married and used Myrna and the "For all Occassions" team. We hired Myrna as a wedding coordinator. She helped us order our wedding invitations, cocktail napkins, and place cards. She had many books and different resources to help us in making our decision. Additionally, she was able to provide us with a discount from the book price. Myrna and her team also helped us the month leading up to the wedding. She helped us create a timeline, discuss details for the day and connected with our previously chosen vendors. On the day of, she arrived around noon for a 5:30 ceremony and helped set up the room and made sure all the details ran smoothly during the wedding ceremony and reception. Myrna and her team were extremely professional, organized, and had a lot of experience making sure that everything was done smoothly! She made the wedding much more enjoyable for my family and I- since we did not have to worry about all the details. Myrna was great and I would highly recommend her and her team!

• Wedding: 07/24/2011
703-222-5912
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards