For All Occasions

For All Occasions

Where Memorable Celebrations Begin...

Fairfax, VA 22033 | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hiring For All Occasions for partial planning services was a great decision. Because of Myrna and her team, I knew that everything would be taken care of so I could just enjoy myself on the day of our wedding. From my first conversation with Myrna and throughout the planning process, it was clear that Myrna has lots of experience and was the detail-oriented person I wanted to coordinate everything on the big day. She had a lot of insight into what would work best for our event and it was great to have reminders throughout the planning process on which item to book next before they booked up. I was so glad to have her vendor suggestions too, so I could save some time on vendor research and go directly to reputable vendors with reasonable prices. A great experience overall and so glad I got to enjoy my wedding!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Enjoyed the planning services from Myrna and here team. The day of was seamless thanks to her team of Jackie and Dalia. Definitely recommend

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Forget what everyone tells you that planning your wedding is the most stressful time in your life, it won't be if you have Myrna and her incredible staff! She guides you through each step of the way flawlessly. Her recommendations on vendors are spot on and explains what you should look for/expect from each one. Planning my wedding was such an enjoyable process and I tell everyone it's 100% because of Myrna! She is by far your first wedding must have!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Maddie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Myrna was such a dream to work with. She made the most important day of our daughter's life such a positive experience to plan and enjoy. Her connections with the other services required (florist, caterer, etc.) were impeccable, reliable, professional, and very reasonable in prices.

This is the second time we have used Myrna for a family wedding and will continue to go back to her for all major family events! She is a treasure that you cannot put a price tag on. I cannot recommend her enough!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Kathy
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

FAO was a huge help prior to the wedding, making suggestions about the timeline and contacting the vendors to confirm and clarify their participation. The team was wonderful the day of the wedding in attending to the details, executing the couple's vision, and keeping the wedding party organized, focused and on time. We would recommend this vendor for sure. They are very professional and passionate about what they do. They also recommended other vendors/products we then used. For All Occasions helped make the wedding easy, enjoyable, and memorable!

• Wedding: 07/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so happy we chose Myrna and her team to help us plan our wedding! She had contacts for every vendor we needed, many of whom had worked together before. And on the day of our wedding, she and her team were invaluable! They worried about the details, so the two of us could focus on just enjoying the evening. Thank you, Myrna!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had a very small wedding (35 people) and I just needed to spend a few hours with someone to go over details. In our 2 hour session she answered every single question, and she just really put my mind at ease. She's a pleasure to work with too!

If you're doing a super-small event and just to need to check in with someone who knows what they're doing - call Myrna!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Myrna was great! I came to the wedding process clueless and she helped me step by step, recommending vendors, setting up appointments, tracking all of the items that needed to be completed (and several I didn't even know had to get done!). She ordered our invitations for a discount and let us borrow quite a few items from her supplies, and coordinated with all of the vendors prior to the wedding, so I didn't have to worry about it. She even managed to make sure that I had a last minute bouquet made for a junior bridesmaid I forgot to count! During the day of the wedding, everything went smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a thing and had a great time. All of the vendors she recommended were also great. I would highly recommend Myrna.

Thank you Myrna for all of your help!

1 Review

Myrna is Fabulous!

Being a Hairstylist part time & Mother to a 5 year old boy full time I needed some help planning our Wedding.

Myrna kept me on task and helped me find vendors she thought worked best with my husband and I, and our Budget.Shes knows many vendors! and knowing Myrna she will only stay connected to the ones that know what they are doing,that being said Not having to waste time on interviewing/searching/researching vendors was fabulous for my life style.. I didn't have time for that.

Im an e-mail kind of girl,and she was great understanding e-mailing worked best for me but she always made sure I knew I could call her as well. She was good about scheduling meetings around my job and sons pre-school. I did wish she lived closer but i knew what i was getting myself into when hiring her (I live in Bristow.)

I had a beautiful Catholic wedding ceremony then we headed off to Heritage Hunt Country Club for our reception. I HAD THE MOST PERFECT DAY! and it even rained! haha, Myrna was there from when I put my gown on until my new husband and I hoped into our limo and left! She made the day so stress free, and most importantly my parents were stress free and got the chance to enjoy them selves (which was very important to me ) All my decorations were put up just as i Imagined them in my head, the timeline of the night went so smoothly, if there was ever a hic-up she was so on it i didnt know until it was already fixed.

I could go on and on.Yes, investing in a wedding planner so early in the game of wedding planning might be a little scary, but it is so worth it if you want to feel like a guest at your own wedding. Myrna's your Lady !

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I are supremely satisfied with the job Myrna and her team did coordinating our wedding. We had a lot of vendors and for all of them to come together so seamlessly is a true testament to the organization skills of Myrna's assistant Jackie and the team that accompanied her.

While Myrna offers several different packages, my then-fiance and I chose the coordinating option. For not having been involved with the planning process, Jackie slipped into the coordinating role as if she had been involved the entire time. Note to brides: Being organized helps the wedding planner be more organized.

Thank you Myrna and especially Jackie for helping to make our day successful.

• Wedding: 05/11/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Myrna was a lifesaver in so many ways when planning our wedding. As someone with a very busy job, I simply did not have time to track down, evaluate, and communicate with various vendors for each and every little wedding task (in DC you have TOO MANY options, in my opinion -- it gets completely overwhelming without help). Myrna cut right through all of that and provided several suggested vendors, each of whom were incredible and many of whom provided their services at a reduced rate in light of their relationship with Myrna. As a result, I am convinced that Myrna saved us thousands of dollars on our wedding AND introduced us to amazing vendors who each provided incredible service.
Myrna's planning services are, in and of themselves, and incredible steal when compared with other (ridiculously priced) planners in the area who don't have nearly as much experience as Myrna. If you need someone to do all the styling/decor design for your wedding for you, she might not be the right person for you but, then again, why would you want someone else selecting your style for you? Myrna HELPED us make those decisions for ourselves, which made everything feel so personal and just right.
And on the day-of, Myrna (and her team) are the people you want running your event. A wedding ceremony/reception is an incredibly complicated dance of timing, vendors, and guests and Myrna's team handled it all perfectly. She kept us on time but did not push things unnaturally ahead. And I felt so relaxed the whole day knowing Myrna was on top of everything. I got multiple comments from guests about how seemless and smoothly everything ran that day.
All in all, I think you'd be silly to choose someone besides Myrna to help you plan your wedding -- you'd end up paying A LOT more for a lot LESS experience.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Myrna at For All Occasions in Fairfax was a wonderful wedding planner. My daughter hired her as a full time consultant and Myrna went to the tastings, florists meetings, and many trips to the house in Clifton to look over the area being used for the outdoor wedding ceremony and reception in September, 2012. She helps with anything you need from picking colors, chair, and ordering invitations to napkins. She works with all vendors - florists, caterers, etc and gets you discounts and the best deal she can for you. She was there for the rehearsal and showed up early on the wedding day to make sure everything ran smoothly. The wedding was perfect from what I could see. My daughter told me later than she caught the bottom of her dress on one of the tent stakes, but Myrna was right there with her "wedding day kit" to repair her dress and she was back in action in a couple of minutes. Myrna was THE BEST and I'm so glad she was there to guide us thru this detailed process.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hiring Myrna was the best decision my husband and I made! My biggest concern was not having to worry about anything the day of our wedding so that we could just enjoy each other and our guests, and if you hire Myrna...you will not have to worry about a thing! Despite contracting her over a year in advance for just a "coordinating package" she was eager to work with us. Her professionalism, resources, and expertise were always available and willingly offered. She has an impeccable eye and really made everything look as beautiful and perfect as possible. The day of our wedding she handled everything flawlessly! :)

Highly, highly recommend Myrna and her team of professionals!

• Wedding: 08/18/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Myrna Hyman from For All Occasions Event Planning made planning a wedding an enjoyable, stress-free and pleasant experience! With years of experience in the wedding planning business, Myrna was able to recommend professional and quality vendors (florist, cake, dress, caterer, dj, etc) based on our wedding budget. This helped save so much time: no need to spend hours and hours researching online and making phone calls to vendors to get quotes and information. Myrna also had great recommendations when it came down to the details of the big day. Myrna was always available, whether by telephone, or e-mail. I would highly recommend Myrna Hyman!

• Wedding: 07/21/2012
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As the mother of the bride, I cannot express how grateful I am to you for making the wedding so absolutely perfect. I knew that the whole evening was in very good hands under your expert supervision and that of your able assistant. Everything was more than perfect and I can never thank you enough for making this very special day that much more special. I was able to relax the whole evening and did not worry one instant, and so I thank you immensely.
I also wanted to mention that many of our guests had nothing but high praise for the beautiful invitations. They loved how elegant they were and how easy to use they were.
With all my very best wishes.

• Wedding: 05/19/2012
Services Used: Invitations, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Myrna came HIGHLY recommended from all the local vendors we met with so we entered a contract to have her help us with the finer details of the wedding. She ordered our invitations (which were beautiful), helped with hotels, booked the limo and let us use some of the items she had in her giant wedding closet. She set up our schedule for how the day was going to work, and coordinated with all the vendors (which was a huge help the days leading up to the wedding) She was there the whole day setting up and ensuring the day went smoothly. I was thankful to have her as I had no clue what I was doing. Our day was perfect and everyone had a blast! I just wish I could remember it - it went way too fast!
Thank you Myrna for helping our wedding look and flow beautifully!

• Wedding: 04/21/2012
Services Used: Invitations, Wedding Planning
703-222-5912
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards