Washington, DC 20002 Map · Phone number
Package Price $6,500
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 1

About Engaging Affairs

Washington D.C.'s award-winning, top-rated wedding planning team has been lauded as the city's premier planners by everyone from Washingtonian Magazine to The Knot to Grace Ormonde. For nearly 20 years, Engaging Affairs has worked with D.C.'s most discerning couples and created some of the city's most notable weddings. Our couples are as unique as the innovative weddings we help them create. Whether it’s a romantic garden wedding or a cutting-edge cocktail party, our events are gracious, elegant, and polished. We blend function and style with our dual focus on the practical and artistic elements of planning an event.

Our boutique-style business focuses on only a select number of events each year. This individualized service allows us to streamline the planning with customized information and referrals. We bring years of experience and boundless contacts together to orchestrate weddings that are as seamless as they are stunning. Our expertise includes South Asian celebrations, multi-cultural weddings, destination weekends and same-sex weddings.

Follow Engaging Affairs on

20100830WeddingMJ478
01624129UngaroKordan

48 Reviews for Engaging Affairs

Corinna · Married on 10/22/2017

Amanda McCabe of Engaging Affairs made my dream wedding a reality. I had some very...specific...ideas for what I wanted for my wedding and Amanda helped me shape those random thoughts into a cohesive vision. She was honest with me (if an idea did not fit the theme or budget, she told me) and kept me focused on the tasks we needed to accomplish leading up to the wedding day.
    If you are a Type-A person (like myself), it can be difficult to trust someone else to take the lead for recommendations and wedding planning. Please believe that if you relax, and trust in Amanda's recommendations, you will have the Best Wedding Ever! She has amazing contacts in the industry (i.e., she knows everyone worth knowing) and the vendors she works with on a regular basis know how to work as a team. This is incredibly important on the day of your wedding, when you need to see everything coming together in a very smooth way.
    So many guests have told me that our wedding was the best they have ever attended. We owe much of the success of that day to Amanda and her two wonderful assistants. Thank you!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Theresa · Married on 05/28/2016

Working with Christine was an excellent experience. She is focused, responsive and had great suggestions when asked for good vendors. Christine is very professional and at ease with all of the vendors that we selected. The wedding went off without a hitch and I attribute that to Christine's attention to detail. She created a great timeline that gave us confidence that everything was thought through beforehand. She is very pleasant and easy to work with. I'd recommend Engaging Affairs to anyone.

Sent on 06/03/2016

Cassie · Married on 09/19/2015

My husband proposed in April of 2015 and we planned to be married 5 months later, in September of 2015. I knew with this short time frame, we needed a planner! I decided to check with my dear friend Google to see if he knew of a good wedding planner. I found 3 or 4 options and sent out an email to all, a couple responses consisted of the generic automated kick back email. I was pleasantly surprised when I listened to my first (of many) voicemails from Grace. She sounded so sweet, organized, and ready to get started. It was this initial contact that really made me feel like this company cared to make a good first impression and we set up the interview.
    Our first meeting with Grace was wonderful, she left us feeling confident that we could really plan and execute the wedding we wanted within our short time frame. From that day on, Grace worked diligently. She quickly gained an understanding of our likes and dislikes, which is so important when using a planner. She was able to weed out and narrow down my options without me always being there to offer input. I spoke with Grace on a daily basis, she was always updating, asking questions, or simply wishing me a good day! She set up all of the meetings, always arriving early to ensure the vendors were prepared. Grace has incredible taste and always provided her feedback in regards to staying with the style/decor I wanted. Needless to say, sometimes she knew what I wanted better than I did! She really did handle it all, leaving the fun parts for Vince and I to enjoy.
    Grace is not only an incredible planner, she is kind, genuine, and honest. She quickly became a dear friend, a few tears were definitely shed at the end of the wedding day. Your wedding day is such a special and intimate moment, it was ideal having someone that you feel close with running the show. I gained a lifetime friend.
    Would recommend Engaging Affairs & Grace if you want a 5 star planner!

Sent on 01/20/2016

• How many planners are on your team? 3

Real Weddings

• Bhavna's Henna & Arts
    Bhavna's Henna & Arts Wedding Hair & Makeup

One of the best in the industry.

• Alison Harper & Company
    Alison Harper & Company Wedding Hair & Makeup

The ladies at Engaging Affairs are some of the most talented and professional planners in the DC area. We've worked with them on numerous occasions and each time the wedding is stunning, on time and really fun for the bride & groom. If you want to hand off your wedding to a team of ladies who will help you to have a jaw-dropping event while keeping each detail straight; look no further!

• Bowen Films
    Bowen Films Wedding Videographers

The entire team at Engaging Affairs are so talented. Their organization, creativity and out-going demeanor make them a pleasure to work with. The time-lines they provide their clients and vendors prove their professionalism and fine attention to details which make for a successful event!

• Washington, 20002 See on map