150 Reviews for Wedding Dance Coach

User Photos
todo alt text
todo alt text
Dance Lessons (7)

My husband and I worked with Elizabeth at Wedding Dance Coach to coreograph our first wedding dance. Elizabeth was a great instructor; she has great energy, clear communictor & cares to make your dance special/custom. We enjoyed going to class each week for our seven class dance package. It was a productive, but fun part of the wedding preparation. We've already discussed about going back for more classes as a joint hobby.

Profile Picture Jenna, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We did a three pack dance lesson with Elizabeth and Dennis! It was so worth the money to have piece of mind that we would be able to dance (and not look totally silly) on our wedding day! We paid for one extra class so I could take a lesson with my dad. The classes were fun and and it ended up being an awesome experience! I would take more dance lessons with them. They are easy to get along with, helpful and did a great job with choreographing something personalized for us. I would highly recommend them :)

Profile Picture Allison, 6/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I have to admit that I was a little weary of doing dance lessons in the first place and we ended up having a great time! Elizabeth was absolutely amazing to work with. We had a lot of fun and she made us feel incredibly comfortable and confident. I would absolutely recommend doing this before your wedding. It is a fun thing to do with your partner and makes you feel so much more comfortable on your special day.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

These guys are AWESOME, and that's an understatement. I am such a reviews based person, so here is my testimony: My Dad wanted to do one of those Father/Daughter Mash-Up dances, where you start off on a slow dance and then break out into a choreographed dance to different songs, and I was petrified...neither of us are coordinated, to say the least. Like from 1-10 on being coordinated, I would put us both at a 2, the level of a blind turtle who's recovering from a broken leg...I mean, we could do the YMCA, and that's about the extent of it. Our instructor, Dennis, was nothing short of phenomenal. He is so fun, patient, kind and made this a great experience for both of us. We did 5 sessions and I was even able to use 1/2 of my last session with my now husband, to work on our first dance...where it became very evident that I should've also been doing dance lessons with him the whole time. All in all, we flipping crushed our Father-Daughter dance on the night of the wedding, and the crowd went wild. I assume this is the closest I will ever get to feeling famous, and it felt great, because we rocked it. Here's our video: https://vimeo.com/242504089/d247bae53c
If we can do this, anyone can do this. So worth every penny and every minute of our time. Thank you Dennis and My Wedding Dance Coach!

Profile Picture User7163913, Recently Married, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

We had a great time learning our dance! Dennis made sure to keep it easy for first timers but fun and interesting for our guests at the wedding! Great location and pricing too!

Profile Picture Adelaide, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My better half and I had discussed taking dance lessons for our wedding. He is such a goofball but let’s be honest, he did not know how to dance. I had danced when I was younger but never formal ballroom dancing. From the moment I inquired the Wedding Dance Coach the entire experience up through and even after our big day was simply amazing. We were provided more than enough information on pricing and packages to make our decision. We had picked our song and worked with Dennis once a week for 7 weeks. It does not seem like much looking back but we went from out of step, irregular paced goofing around to a stunning waltz that wowed every single guest. There was literally clapping, gasping, whistling, and cheering during our first dance and it was awesome. The funniest part is that looking back on our big day it felt like just us two. We weren’t nervous or scared and we flowed through our routine like we were naturals. Even to this day we want to go back and take other types of dance lessons with him. All of the work and time Dennis put in with us paid off tenfold and we are eternally grateful!

Profile Picture Nina, 10/1/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

We used The Wedding Dance Coach and Dennis to learn our first dance routine and are so glad we did! We had fun doing the lessons, practicing in our shoes, and getting comfortable with some basic moves. Nothing quite prepares you for the day of, but we were glad we had tricks to pull out of our sleeve. Dennis was patient and flexible with us; we got to do lessons after work or on weekends when needed. He helped us pick our first dance song (out of a list we had narrowed down), and we were able to throw in some fun moves as we progressed through 5 lessons. Would recommend to any couple looking to have a little fun on the dance floor and feel more comfortable when the big day comes!

Profile Picture User7899392, Recently Married, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Maren was great at picking a routine that matched our song and our dancing skills. She was quick to come up with the moves that wowed our guests. We did the 5 one hour class package and that was enough to learn our routine and feel comfortable. I highly recommend Maren for any dancing help you ever need!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 9/16/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Maren is more the dance instructor - she's an artist! We desperately needed to learn a dance routine for our wedding, and as beginners, we were very nervous to dance a routine in front of 200+ people. Maren gave us the confidence, skills and looseness we needed to dance a routine. We had so much fun and will definitely be looking into taking more classes with her.

Profile Picture Luke, 9/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Maren Waldman at My Wedding Dance Coach is absolutely astonishing! Her patience and ability to pass on dancing skills were wonderful, especially with this older father of the bride. After learning two "Dancing with the Stars" routines with her fiancee, my daughter took me to a few lessons. Long story short, we did a swing number that awed the crowd and ended with a long ovation. One guest posted that I "danced like Fred Astaire". Pretty high praise for a guy who used to dance like a cow on ice skates. Outstanding job Maren! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture jeff, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Dennis is the best! 6 weeks of his instruction and you'd have thought we were professionals. He made it so easy, we just gave him our song and within a few minutes we were dancing. We loved his style of giving feedback, making suggestions and adjusting if we struggled with a move. You can't go wrong with Dennis!

Profile Picture Cassidy, 7/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Maren was a wonderful dance instructor for my husband and my wedding! I came in with some dance background and he was pretty nervous since he didn't have any formal dance experience. She was really patient with us and was great at showing us partnering work. We learned some moves and felt much more confident during our first dance than we would have if we had just winged it. She was really fun to work with and a great instructor!

Profile Picture Penberthy, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our wedding dance lessons with Wedding Dance Coach were easily the most enjoyable and fun part of getting prepared for our wedding. Maren was a wonderful coach and we had such an awesome time working with her to prepare for our first dance. She was always prompt and punctual, but most of all, she was an incredibly skillful coach. Our dance came out great and we received so many compliments. We wish we could get married again just to take more lessons with her!

Profile Picture Chris, 7/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We started as two people with ZERO dance experience and ended with “That was the best first dance we’ve ever seen! You guys killed it! That was amazing!”. That came from our wedding DJ who has seen countless number of dances.

As a watcher of “So you think you can dance” and “Dancing with the Stars”, I’ve always dreamed of having a beautiful story telling first dance with my future wife. Never did I think that was possible without months of professional dance training. With My Wedding Dance Coach, it was done in 7 lessons!

Maren, our dance instructor, was absolutely great. We had an ambitious desire to combine two songs into one dance, a slow romantic one followed by an upbeat fun one. Maren choreographed our dance beautifully as we went taking into account our feedback and input. She was as excited about our dance as we were!

The beautiful thing about the dance was that we “messed up” a couple of different times, but no one had any idea. Maren did a great job of prepping us on the adrenaline and nerves that can and will pop up in the moment and we were able to cruise right through them to a beautiful finish.

One thing to note when scheduling your dance classes is to make sure to allow room for your own personal practice time! On average we were able to fit in one hour of practice between each hour of lessons, so it’s amazing to see what we were able to accomplish in 14 hrs! Also, I highly recommend you record your lessons so you can reference them later.

We loved it so much that we’ll definitely be taking some more lessons in the future just for fun!

Profile Picture Gary, 6/25/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

My wife and I were fortunate enough to work with Elizabeth Marberry from Wedding Dance Coach. She was extremely friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and caring. We felt like she took the time to understand us as a couple to come up with a completely unique dance that we both were excited about. Neither of us are great dancers, but with her expert coaching and warm motivation, we were able to put together an awesome dance for our guests. In fact the bar tender, who has seen a ton of other weddings and fist dances, said it was the best dance she had ever seen. That is a testament of what a great job Elizabeth and Wedding Dance Coach did for us. We are SO happy that we did dance lessons from Wedding Dance Coach. If you are considering taking lessons, then you have to use Wedding Dance Coach. Absolutely Amazing! I would recommend for everyone!

Profile Picture Greg, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Maren was a joy to work with! She choreographed a really fun and sweet first dance and we had a blast learning the steps and practicing our dance. Our first dance was a big hit and our guests said it was the best first dance they'd ever seen! I highly recommend Wedding Dance Coach!

Profile Picture Jen, 1/7/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We didn't want to have our first dance to be a typical high school dance sway ;) Quite frankly we were impressed with what Dennis taught us in just the first lesson and would have been happy there! He added several moves each time and our first dance turned out wonderfully!! It was great time together and fun keeping it a secret until we took the floor on our wedding night. Cannot recommend Dennis and My Wedding Dance coach highly enough!

Profile Picture Tara, 10/12/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Maren was a dream to have as a dance coach! Neither my husband nor I had ever taken dance lessons before, and we were a bit apprehensive. Maren was patient, took all the time we needed to learn the steps, and made sure to choreograph a dance for us that both fit our song and our personalities. Our dance went perfectly at our wedding, and the guests loved it! The studio is easy to get to, and Maren was very flexible in working with us and our schedule. I would HIGHLY recommend taking lessons from Maren at Wedding Dance Coach!

Profile Picture Robin, 10/9/16, 15 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had 5 dance lessons with Maren over the summer before our October wedding, and we are so happy to have done it! My husband was not sure about dance lessons, but I definitely did not want to do the awkward penguin waddle to a slow song that I have seen at many weddings.

I was hesitant because we picked out a rather unconventional song from an avant-garde metal band. However as soon as Maren listened to it the first time, she immediately started putting some steps to it, and we were thrilled that we were able to use the song we wanted. I loved that our dance sequence incorporated moves from waltz, tango, and swing dancing, as well as turns and dips that vowed our guests! Maren was very flexible to change something when I was sometimes just not "feeling" a certain move or if we had issues with a transition, and was always communicating to ensure that we were comfortable with the movements.

I am also absolutely in awe that we were able to go from learning a basic waltz step on the first day, to having a full dance sequence by the end of the last session. Having Maren record a video of the sequence on my phone was very helpful for us to practice later. I am also very thankful that Maren gave us a lot of tips to ensure a successful dance on the day of in case any sort of issues came up - like how to adapt in case the space we'd dance in was smaller than expected, what to do if our shoes were slippery, or how to modify certain parts of the dance if my dress didn't allow the movement. She also gave lots of little tips on how to add some "oomph" to the dance like how to hold my hand during a spin out to make it look more elegant, where to look, etc. Really put my mind at ease and the big day went great!

Every part of this experience was great - from the instructor, to the dance, to the bonding time as a couple. I would highly suggest this to anyone!

Profile Picture Yana, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My Wedding Dance Coach was recommended to us by a friend who used them for their wedding day dance prep. Maren was our dance coach and she was fantastic! One of the things we appreciated about working with Maren was her willingness and ability to incorporate the skills we already brought to the dance floor and blend them into a more challenging and accomplished dance. This built our confidence and definitely made it a more unique and appreciated moment for us on our wedding day. Our guests loved it! Working with Maren and My Wedding Dance Coach was the best. Everything was easy to set up and the results were everything we could have hoped for. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Robin, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We absolutely LOVED working with Maren. She is extremely professional, elegant, and kind. She is open and inclusive and made my wife and I feel right at home. We came to Maren with a first dance idea for our wedding that was more complicated than most, especially for beginning dancers, but Maren took it as a challenged a knew she could teach us the steps. She is very creative and can visualize beautiful dance numbers on the spot. Maren takes her time in teaching you each step and makes sure you have it down before moving on to the next. My wife and I went from being decent dancers to feeling like professional swing dancers in 7 sessions. Our guests are still talking about our first dance to this day and how amazing it was. Maren made us excited about dancing because we could see how passionate she was. Now we are going to continue dance lessons as a bonding experience and dance through life together. Book your sessions now, you won't regret it and you'll be wanting to come back for more! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Maren!

Profile Picture Chandler & Dawn, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Dennis was so awesome to work with at Wedding Dance Coach! We have no dance experience whatsoever and he took the time to hear our ideas and was able to choreograph a routine that fit our personality. We had so much fun performing for our guests! We can tell that Dennis has a passion for dancing and would recommend him to all our friends and family. Whether you just want to learn the basics or be more ambitious, Dennis is wonderful to work with!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/22/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My experience with Elizabeth/The Wedding Dance Coach was outstanding. Learning and practicing my dance with my husband and dad was a very special experience and one that I will always think so fondly of. This was such a fun way to have specific time with my husband and my dad to do something “out of the ordinary”, and it really brought us even closer together. Elizabeth has such a fun and bubbly personality and made this process extremely memorable. I am so thankful that we took part with the The Wedding Dance Coach and I highly recommend it to everyone!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

When I first started looking for dance lessons, I had read reviews from couples stating that the time spent learning to dance was a highlight while planning their wedding, and we couldn't agree more! We booked Wedding Dance Coach because of all the positive reviews and value for money. Our experience with Maren was fantastic! She listened to our song, asked what we hoped to get out of the dance lessons and taught us a dance that we were able to feel confident doing in just three lessons. Maren is friendly, patient and has a way of making you feel comfortable while learning new moves and proud of your achievements! We changed lesson dates many times over the months, and Maren happily accommodated our changing schedule. Dance lessons are a great time to connect with your partner and laugh! We enjoyed practicing after a bottle of wine or out in the woods barefoot.

Profile Picture Tegan, 9/10/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wonderful teacher, wonderful experience!
My husband and I took 7 private dance lessons with Dennis in order to prepare for our big day. Neither of us have any dance experience but we knew we wanted to enjoy, and preferably not embarrass ourselves during our "first dance." Dennis was a wonderful teacher and a great listener. He asked us what our vision was for our dance, and helped make it a reality. We were most comfortable with having something fully choreographed to ensure our success, so he made it happen. We truly enjoyed our lessons and all of the practice that we did in between, it was a great way for my husband and I to connect and spend quality time together amid all the wedding stress. Our dance turned out awesome and we got TONS of compliments! I would highly recommend taking lessons with Dennis if you get a chance! We will cherish those memories forever! Thanks Dennis!

Profile Picture Whitney, 9/10/16, 1 Review