29 Reviews for RG Bar Services

Bartender(s) (4)
Outside Alcohol (3)
Open Bar (1)
29 RG Bar Services Reviews

I can't say enough good things about Roy and his staff! They actually were vendors at our friends wedding, and we were so impressed, we hired them for ours! Roy was great at quickly responding to emails, helping us with quantities for the party, and helpful suggestions. He definitely helped make the whole wedding planning easier with all his experience. They were all very professional and accommodating the day of. My favorite part about them as a vendor is that they snap some shots of the night and your guests! Our wedding was at BRICK and since you can stay and drink much later than other venues, getting to see all the extra pictures from them as well was great.

Profile Picture Krystle, 8/10/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol

Roy was very professional and prompt to respond the entire year leading up to our wedding day. I'll be honest, we did have a slight malfunction with the kegs during the reception. Roy was more than accommadating and apologetic. His bartender working that day for us was professional and all of our guests loved him! Even with all of the hard work and planning you put into your wedding, things will go wrong. I am grateful we decided to hire RG bar who will always try to make it right! They were fantastic!

Profile Picture Leigh, 8/2/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Roy and his team are AWESOME! Prompt, professional, and worth every penny! Very reasonable rates and excellent customer service. Our wedding was October 2017 and our guests are still raving about the delicious drinks the bartenders served! If we had to do it all over again, without a doubt we would choose RG Bar Services!

Profile Picture Arlene, 10/6/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Best bar tending service!!!! Roy was great and he helped me design our disney wedding themed drinks 3 layered little mermaid one and a beast one. He told me how much alcohol to buy and even dressed in costume as requested ;) we had so much fun and he did a great job managing the drinks;). Would highly recommend his services !!!!

Profile Picture Heather, 8/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

RG Bar Services did a wonderful job at my wedding. They were professional and responsive. I had to change the date after I had initially contacted them and they were very accommodating. While there they were able to take some pictures in addition to ensuring that all of my guests had what they needed and made sure that I got all of the pictures. I would use them again for any future bar needs.

Profile Picture Laura, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Roy and his team were a total dream to work with! Planning the wedding on your own as a bride is no easy feat; but having Roy as a vendor made it so much easier. He is quick and clear in communication, and his team was flawless the night of the wedding. I especially appreciated that one of his bartenders asked me if I wanted the last Guinness, as we ran out early (lesson learned!). A really small but nice touch! :)
As the bride, I wasn't there for set-up/take-down, but I only heard fantastic things from my day-of coordinator. All-around they were fantastic. I would absolutely book Roy again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Paige, 7/3/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Cocktail Reception

We are so happy that we hired Roy as the bartender for our wedding. He was extremely professional, responding promptly to all my emails and inquiries and offering clear and helpful recommendations. He was either on time or early to both our pre-wedding meeting at the venue and to the wedding itself. And once the event began he really went above and beyond his bartending duties. He brought his own camera and took over 100 photos during the wedding! And they are really great- even capturing moments that our photographers didn’t get! Everyone had good things to say about his service, and at the end of the night he even gave my husband and I a small gift! Roy is THE BEST, and if I ever need a bartender at another event, I am definitely giving him a call.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We hired RG Bar Services for my sister's wedding this October. I was helping to coordinate all the vendors during the wedding planning process and on the day of the wedding and I have to say, Roy was my favorite vendor I have ever worked with! I have been involved in a lot of weddings and I never met someone so responsive, positive and willing to work with us to make it the most memorable day ever.

We had many questions and requests during the planning process and Roy always was accommodating and gave great advice. I truly enjoyed working with him - and he really is the friendliest bartender!

As a bonus, he took lots of great photos throughout the night of the guests at the bar which was really fun to see later! He also took some amazing shots of the ceremony which we are so happy to have.

He was all around great and I would definitely recommend him to anyone. I hope I have another excuse to hire a bartender in the near future!

Profile Picture Natalie, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

You're not going to find a better bartender or bartending group for your event in the San Diego area, so just do yourself a favor and book RG Bar Services! It will be one less thing you need to worry about, and you'll be happy that you did.

Roy was the best from start to finish. He answered all of our phone calls and emails promptly and gave us great advice about what to order and what to expect. He was prompt. friendly, warm, and professional. Looking online for a bartending service, we couldn't believe that Roy had such high scores, but now it makes complete sense. He was able to meet all of our needs and lent a personal touch to his services that did not go unnoticed or unappreciated by our guests.

Thanks, Roy!!!

Profile Picture User7173162, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

When I was planning my wedding Roy really stuck out to me because of his consistent high reviews. Here I am giving him another one. From the moment we spoke he was friendly, patient, and professional. Not to mention that he is extremely afforadble. He has AMAZING communication with his clients and has all bases covered. He was on time and realized immediately that we had no red wine, only white. Since he was there early to set up, he allowed our mistake to be fixed. We are so thankful for that. His bartending and serving staff were efficient and very nice. The line at the bar was consistently moving and our guests were served in a timely manner. Being a server for years, having a good waitstaff was important. I am so happy that we went with him!! Thank you Roy!

Profile Picture Stefana, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Roy was amazing to work with. He was very professional, SO helpful, and very responsive. We had SO many questions and ideas of what we wanted for the bar, and he was so patient with us and answered all of our questions. We kept changing our minds of what we wanted and he worked with us and helped us really decide on what we wanted. He had worked our venue so many times, he knew everything about it, and all the other vendors. All of other vendors had nothing but nice things to say about him also. He is one of the most helpful and patient vendors we had. I highly recommend using his services

Profile Picture megan, 8/5/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cocktail Reception

Thank you for your service at my wedding @ the mission beach women's club! I highly recommend RG Bar Services! Thank you for all the great pictures taken at the venue. All my friends and family loved your service! Our questions were all answered via email. It was such a relief when we contacted you in the middle of our crazy work schedules and planning a wedding. You made everything thing so easy and we were so grateful! I can't thank you enough! Anyone reading this you will not be disappointed! If I ever need your services again I will be contacting you!

Profile Picture Essie, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Roy and his team did a fantastic job managing the bar at our wedding. We got married at the San Diego Botanic Garden in Encinitas and RG Bar has worked that venue a lot, so they were experts. In the end, our event went off without a hitch and our guests all went home safely and happily.

Roy himself was so helpful leading up to the event. He was always quick to respond to email questions and requests. He really helped us zero in on how much alcohol we needed and what to serve. We wanted to go with his and hers signature cocktails and he was able to offer professional advice that helped us make our selections (mojito for her, bourbon mule for him).

The event itself was well executed. Roy and his staff were on time and well prepared. When the alcohol was two hours late being delivered they adjusted well and still had everything ready in time for the guests. Nobody ever knew. The bartenders were friendly and personable, the lines were short or non-existent, and every seemed to enjoy heading to the bar for a drink. Just what you want in a wedding bar. Not one guest drank too much which is a testament to the bartenders as much as the guests.

One personal touch that we really enjoyed, Roy himself brought a camera and took a variety of candid shots which he shared in a Facebook album. We got some great pics of friends and family from inside the bar looking out as they ordered drinks. Unique photos! Roy also caught some late night photos of the dance floor long after the wedding photographers had gone home. Again, priceless!

Overall, we highly recommend Roy and RG Bar to handle your licensed alcohol serving needs.

Profile Picture James, 5/27/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Cocktail Reception

RG bar services were amazing. They are such incredibly nice people and easy to work with. They respond quickly to emails and offer suggestions, if needed. They were truly amazing and are guests loved them.

Profile Picture heidi, 10/30/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We hired Roy and RG Bar Services as our bartender for our wedding last month, and we were so impressed by the quality of service provided by Roy. He went above and beyond to work with us and to make the whole process so easy and painless. He was patient and helped us with what alcohol to buy, was so flexible, and made sure that our needs were met.

During the wedding itself, in addition to providing excellent bar service, he even took photos of the wedding and the guests from the unique angle behind the bar, giving us some wonderful photos we never would have gotten otherwise! Overall, hiring Roy and his company was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. I highly recommend him for all of your bartending needs!

Profile Picture User5542967, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

RG Bar did a fantastic job at our Wedding! We would totally hire them again for a future party or celebration. Very nice staff and great set up. Very professional. Thank you!

Profile Picture Mackenzie, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Roy and his bartender staff were the most professional and friendly people ever! They took beautiful photos during the wedding from a great prospective that the photographer didn't see. He even helped put up some props over the bar for us. He set up in a flash and made sure every guest was happy. I had so many people tell me how impressed they were with our bartenders. Thanks again Roy and your team! You were the BEST and I will recommend you 100% for anyone looking for quality service for any event in San Diego.

Jayme Smith (mother of the groom)

Profile Picture Jayme, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Photography

We hired Roy for our wedding in August and could not have been happier with the service he provided. He responded to e-mails promptly and gave us great suggestions on the type and amount of drinks to buy. He really put our minds at ease that everything would be taken care of. On the day of the wedding, everything went smoothly and my guests loved the courteous and fun service provided by RG Bar Services. Roy also took a ton of really great pictures during the entire wedding and posted them on Facebook the very next day, which was an awesome surprise. It was so fun going through the photos and reliving our wedding day. I would hire RG Bar Services again in a heart beat and would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding!

Profile Picture Elaine, 8/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Roy did an amazing job with our wedding! He was a recommended vendor through our venue, and we can definitely see why. Throughout the planning process, he was very easily accessible via email and always responded promptly. We got our kegs through a brewery in Vista and brought in a mobile bar with three taps. Roy did an amazing job getting everything setup and connected, and problem solved when things didn't quite go as planned. We were so pleased with his positive attitude and willingness to go with the flow. Not to mention, the presentation of the bar was beautiful (he helped my coordinator add our own personal decorations to his serving station), service and staff were efficient, and the drinks were mixed well and tasty! The "icing on the cake" of the whole interaction was that the next morning I woke up to over 100 photos posted on Facebook of our big day! What a special and priceless surprise!! You will not be disappointed when you go with RG Bar Services.

Profile Picture User5343574, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Everyone loved Roy and RG Bar services. He was so easy to work with and I really appreciated his laid back approach. We also loved that he took a bunch of pictures and posted them to facebook - so fun! Thank you Roy!

Profile Picture User4453878, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Roy and his bartenders were professional and fun! They also took pictures during our event which was awesome. My husband brewed his own beer for our wedding. Roy had a jocky box which was perfect for cooling the beer down. The drinks that they made were delicious.

We would use them again for future events.

Profile Picture User5200750, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

RG Bar Services is more than just a service!
Roy and his team are absolutely amazing!! We happened to be unloading all of our alcohol when Roy showed up, not to mention that he was there early with plenty of time to set up prep. They unloaded all of my alcohol from my van for us and began working like busy bees to get the bar set up. My venue had a pretty decent bar area and Roy commented on how nicely the area was already situated.
Roy was a jovial part of my wedding! He had never worked an event at my venue and he was equally amazed by it as we were. Everyone who went to the bar was warmly greeted and they all commented on how professional the bar set up was.
Roy took so many pics of my guests as well as the venue. The pics were timeless and something I truly appreciated and loved seeing!
After my event, all of my remaining drinks were packed nicely and set out ready for us to load back up. Every little fear I had before my wedding (do I need more ice? do I need coolers?? oh, no, do I need to get limes???) were ALL handled by Roy and his team! All I needed to do was provide the beverages and have a good time!
I want to have another party, just to have Roy there!

Profile Picture Michele, 6/13/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Roy and his crew are incredible! We hired Roy for our May 2015 wedding at the International House Great Hall on the UCSD campus. His expertise (and great sense of humor) were invaluable throughout the planning process and he provided excellent guidance about drink selection, glassware, setup, and quantities. We wish all of our vendors could have been as helpful and communicative as he was. We felt a little bit odd not having a formal signed contract (just email quote and confirmation), but there was no problem at all. His pricing is excellent -- one might expect to pay twice as much for the exceptional service he provided throughout! He and his staff are professional and very personable. As a bonus, he took some photos during the event and shared them to Facebook for us, which was a wonderful surprise to be able to see the day after our wedding. We would recommend him without any caveats for any event, large or small, in the San Diego area.

Profile Picture Matt, 5/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Roy & his team are awesome! We are speechless with the service that they offered, thank you so much for being a part of our special day & making all of our guests happy ;))
We received so many compliments about him and his team. Everything was so professional & neat and best of all so fun! We couldn't of had a better bartender! Roy even took pictures of all the moments during our wedding and emailed them to us the next day! Thank you once again for capturing so many wonderful memories.

Profile Picture Mairah, 10/11/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

10000% the best bartender there is. I reached out in need of a bartender for our wedding. Not only was he accommodating beyond anything we could have imagined, the guests LOVED him! He documented the wedding for us from his perspective, gave us a gift at the end of the night and just overall helped make the day stress free and wonderful. I will recommend RG Bar to anyone I encounter that needs a bartender for years to come!! If you're looking for someone to bartend, seriously, stop now and pick Roy!

Profile Picture Kaylei, 8/16/14, 5 Reviews