About Grit & Grace Inc

Grit & Grace is a nationally recognized company that focuses on design, planning, and execution of weddings and other special events. In addition to our full and partial planning packages we also offer a variety of specialty services to further enhance your event and the planning process. Grit & Grace has gained recognition for creating custom events and expanding on the traditional wedding and event. You can be sure that your vision will come to life and will be expanded upon, creating a one of a kind event that expresses who you are.

Categories: Wedding Planner

Regions serviced: Washington DC

Follow Grit & Grace Inc on

99 Reviews for Grit & Grace Inc

I cannot begin to describe how AWESOME Brittany from Grit and Grace was to work with to create the most magical wonderful wedding for my daughter. Her creative suggestions, sage advice, vendor contacts, hand-holding and calm in the face of having to find a new ceremony space 7 week before the wedding, and especially, her friendship, made it a pure joy to plan my daughter’s destination wedding. At every stage of the process, Brittany was our right-hand, left-hand, and everything in between! We had contemplated not bothering with a wedding planner since my daughter had already arranged for the “big” things, but now, with experience, I know that it is in the “little” details that a truly fabulous wedding is created. We would never have been able to fulfill my daughter’s wedding vision without Brittany. Her experience, friendly professionalism, and creative responsiveness helped produce in actuality the most amazingly beautiful and fun wedding, beyond all expectations, for my daughter and her husband, and all our guests. I cannot begin to thank Brittany (and the entire Grit and Grace team) for helping to create the magic. I am so extremely grateful we found Brittany at Grit and Grace - you are beyond the best!!!

Profile Picture Chris, 5/26/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura was awesome to work with! She was very responsive, provided candid feedback, and put together a beautiful wedding for us. She is creative, understood our vision and ensured we were able to include all we wanted on our wedding day. She has a knack for picking up on your distinct taste. She also made the day-of seamless and worry-free. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner! She is truly the best!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 4/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

These ladies are amazing!!! They each have a unique style and they work together to make your wedding AMAZING! No matter what your budget is they make sure that you have everything you need to make your day memorable, unique, and beautiful. If you want a traditional, Gatsby, glamorous, or themed wedding they can pull it together for you. I always feel like I am the only bride they are working with because they are so responsive and are always there when I need them. Planning a wedding is very stressful but with Events in the City you have a team that stands behind you which helps you take a step back and breath because you know your not alone. I tell everyone about Events in the City and how my experience so far has been more then I could have ever imagined!!! These ladies ROCK!!!

Profile Picture User4637090, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews

220x220 sq 1372094711611 g223
220x220 sq 1372094622466 g215
220x220 sq 1372094787899 g231

22 ENDORSEMENTS
One Love has had the pleasure and honor of working with Laura Ritchie and the Grit and Grace team on a number of fabulous weddings in the DC area. She has an exceptional eye for design and decor and flawless attention to the millions of details that go into a successful event. And through it all, Laura is effortlessly positive and upbeat, supporting all her vendors to give their absolute best for the couple and the celebration!

These planners/designers are incredible! Every event the produce is outstanding!

I had the pleasure of working a really fun wedding with Events in the City. They are a great group of folks to work with and the whole day went off with out a hitch! I would highly recommend Events in the City for any big or small event.

Laura, Megan, and Christie are an absolute joy to work with! What is utterly unique and totally refreshing about these ladies is that they are genuinely having fun at every event they flawlessly plan and execute. It is infectious and totally energizing! Hire them!

Events in the City is an awesome group with a fabulous reputation int he area. We are happy to recommend our clients to use Events in the City, especially for Bachlorette and Bachelor parties.

167 PROS I KNOW