14 Reviews for City Style Tango

Dance Lessons (4)
14 City Style Tango Reviews

City Style Tango did a fine job training my wife & I for our special day. Our dance instructors even danced a tango at our wedding. What more can you ask for ?

Profile Picture John, 7/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

James was our instructor at City Style Tango. Overall our experience was pretty good. James took into account that I had no prior experience. My wife and I are pleased with our first dance and hope to continue dancing following our experience.

Profile Picture Ryan, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My fiancée and I both love dancing and wanted to do something extra special for our first dance. Our wedding was at the Gem theatre and we wanted to use it's stage to put on a proper performance.

James Valentino took our song and created a fantastic dance routine. He was very patient with us, and catered the training to our level of experience. He even gave us something to share with our bridal party so they could easily get in on the action.

Needless to say, we got roaring applause and lots of praise after for our wedding dance. We're very happy we took our lessons with James and City Style Tango!

Profile Picture User7260705, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Taking dance lessons from James was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning! We look forward to our weekly lesson as if it's a date. James ( and Erin) took us from absolute beginners to choreographing our wedding dance in a very unique way. Our wedding is next summer, so we plan to take some refresher lessons just before it. James has a special gift of the ability to teach anyone to dance! I highly recommend taking lessons there if you want to feel confident on the dance floor.

Profile Picture Claudia, 7/16/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

City Style Tango was a wonderful experience. James and everyone else working in the studio are super friendly and really know what they are doing. James is also really flexible and could really work around our crazy schedule. Our dance at the wedding looked amazing and everyone was shocked at our dance routine. I definitely recommend if you would like to WOW your guests at your wedding!

Profile Picture Ola, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Dance Lessons

City Style Tango was the perfect place to improve our confidence and skill. We took four salsa lessons with Erin in preparation for our wedding - she was a very patient, effective instructor!

Profile Picture Elyse, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Dance Lessons

James, our instructor, was awesome! My fiance and I had no dancing experience in our past, and he was able to help us learn some tango steps and choreograph a dance specifically for our wedding. We highly recommend James as an instructor and City Style Tango.

In addition, James made learning a lot of fun and helped us laugh at our mistakes instead of getting frustrated! In the end our dance turned out very well and we felt confident on the dance floor. Our guests went wild!

We enjoyed the lessons with James so much that we plan to continue with group lessons at City Style Tango. 2 Thumbs Up CST!

Profile Picture User5370313, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Dance Lessons

We got 4 dance lessons from City Style Tango to prepare for our wedding dance. They gave us several simple steps to combine into a routine that would go along with our song. They were amazing at helping us novice dancers learn the steps and look nice while doing so! They were very patient when we would screw up and gave us helpful hints to do better. I definitely recommend City Style Tango to everyone!

Profile Picture Mary, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I took 5 lessons before our wedding to learn a choreographed first dance. Neither of us had ever danced before (and I generally consider myself a terrible dancer). But our instructor, James, did an AMAZING job choreographing a dance that we were able to learn in the few weeks before the wedding. They also custom-edited our song to fit our dance and they burned us CD that we gave to our DJ. James was upbeat and very personable, and he made us feel comfortable from the first time we met him. Our dance at our wedding turned out wonderful, and it made it really unique. Our guests loved it. If you're thinking of doing a dance for your wedding, I would HIGHLY recommend City Style Tango!!

Profile Picture User4753869, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

If there's one thing I had always "envisioned" about my wedding, it was the dancing. And it did not come together until the very last minute, and we could not be more grateful for James and Erin! Just a few weeks before our wedding, Erin was teaching us the basics. She has a wonderful ability to draw analogies for grooms who have never attempted dancing before (even pulling in basketball references to talk about shifting weight for a pivot!) Just when I would think we would never pull it off, she could get through to my fiancé. When we told them our song for our first dance, we knew it was definitely not something mainstream, but James and Erin insightfully utilized the personality of the song and challenged us to transform their beautiful choreographed dance as our first dance. They squeezed us into their schedule the week before the wedding to do polishing and guarantee that we would be able to perform confidently. They made us giggle, and work together in such a new platform which our wedding would not be complete without!!! Cannot thank them enough!

Profile Picture Sara, 6/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

James and Erin were great teachers. Erin was extremely patient with us as beginners, refreshing our memories on moves we forgot and helping us pick a dance style that we could understand and do.

Everyone at our wedding was very impressed. The first dance was my favorite moment of our wedding!

Profile Picture User4119260, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My entire wedding party took lessons here for my wedding and needless to say people are still talking about how amazing, stylish and classy it was. James and his staff are top notch and I would recommend that any and everyone go there ..wedding, party or just for fun. City style tango is the best place to be and learn dance in Metro Detroit

Profile Picture Shy, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

James at City Style Tango was a great dance teacher! He choreographed our first dance for our wedding. We had 5 private sessions with him and then a practice party. He was very professional and knowledgeable. We learned a lot in the 5 sessions and we were able to get our jitters out by performing at the practice party. I would definitely recommend CST for any dance lessons. They also have group lessons that I would also like to attend in the future.

Profile Picture Taylor, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We absolutely loved our experience with James and Erin at City Style Tango! We did about ten sessions for our wedding preparation, which became a fun date-night for us. The end result of our choreographed rumba dance was amazing and so much fun for to do in front of our closest family and friends.. They were all shocked and impressed!
We highly recommend City Style Tango for anyone doing wedding preparation, or if you're just looking for a unique and fun way to get out of the house!

Profile Picture User4680034, 2+ years ago, 1 Review