Washington, DC 56972 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Vela Events

Vela Events is a boutique, full service event planning company that specializes in weddings, private and corporate events. Our special events team offers over 10 years of combined experience. Whether it’s an intimate gathering or an extensive celebration, we assure personalized service to execute an exceptionally unique and special occasion.

You envision it. We plan it!

b5c68d1075761125 Partial Planning Packages

Vela Events 3
Vela Events 4
  • Julienne

Julie · Married on 06/22/2019

Vela Events for the WIN!!!

I had a very specific vision of a woodland wedding and Vered gave me a fairytale beyond my wildest imagination! Three weeks later and I'm still in lala land over how perfect my wedding was and it's all thanks to the Vela Events Team!

I had originally reached out when I was looking for a Day Of Coordinator so I could be worry free for my wedding day, but Vered quickly became so much more and really saved the day for me! Two months before our wedding, I had an unexpected career change that completely compromised my time right around when I was finalizing details for the wedding. Vered was a miracle worker stepping in and calming me down. She was great about not only getting back to me right away, but also reaching out to me to make sure I was on track. There were many DIY elements to your wedding that Vered and Laura graciously took over and executed for us. IT was a destination wedding and there were a ton of vendors to deal with and they were super gracious with all of them and making sure everything was in order leading up to the day. She was excellent at navigating the many personalities in a large, blended family. (This alone deserves major kudos). She did an amazing job addressing all my anxieties and making me feel comfortable so that when the big day came, I was completely relaxed!

For the day of I didn't have to worry about anything. Any issues that came up I'm completely oblivious to because Vela took care of everything. They pulled off my vision so perfectly. They executed the day seamlessly. They anticipated our every need. And they delivered my now husband and I the most perfect day ever. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Rachel · Married on 12/01/2018

Wonderful Experience

I had the wonderful opportunity to work with Vered and her team at Vela Events for my wedding in December at the Fairmont in Georgetown, Washington DC. We hired Vela Events are our day-of coordinators, however they went above and beyond just the day-of. Vered, our main contact, made herself available anytime we had questions throughout our wedding planning process, and had weekly calls the month leading up to the big day. She offered extremely helpful advice and kept us calm during this crazy and chaotic time. My fiancé and I are extremely detailed people and needed a team who not only embodied these same characteristics, but could work with us and our many questions, thoughts and ideas.

As far as the actual day of, the team arrived early and was beyond prepared to handle everything. I didn’t think it would be possible for me to put this day in someone else’s hands, but Vered completely took over, and let me enjoy every moment without any worry. She kept everyone on time, made sure everything was where it needed to be (i.e. under the chuppah items, Ketubah items, even my shoes to change into at the reception, and much more) and moved everything safely back to my suite at the end of the night. She kept the night flowing smoothly, and was available should we need anything during the day of events.

I could not rave more about Vela Events and would strongly recommend them as your wedding day planners.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Deborah Hoffman · Married on 10/28/2018

Amazing Coordinator!

Working with Vela Events was one of the best investments we made in planning our wedding. They took care of all the logistics and vendor coordination on the day of so that we could relax and enjoy our wedding day. Vered not only made sure everything ran smoothly on the day of, but she also worked with us for a month leading up to the wedding to ensure that all of the logistics were in place beforehand. She attended the venue walk through, contacted all of our vendors ahead of time, and put together a very thorough schedule for the wedding day. Vered was friendly, responsive, and overall so easy to work with!

Sent on 11/07/2018