Smooth Weddings, LLC

Flexibility:
 (4.7/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Patti Wilson is an awesome wedding coordinator. She is very patient, always available to speak whether it is over the phone, in person, and responds very quickly to all of your emails. I highly recommend going to Patti. Because of her excellent service, the majority of the guests stayed until the end of the reception (in Korean weddings, guests normally leave mid-way through reception). I was able to enjoy the wedding from beginning to end. Even during my honeymoon (still on my honeymoon in aruba,but HAD to set aside timeto recommend all of you to her services), I could not stop thinking about how much fun I had at my wedding. She is an a+ and from a scale of 1-10 I would rate her a 10!!!! My husband and I cannot stop talking about how lucky we are to have chosen the best wedding coordinator! Because of her service, we will have the most memorable october 15th wedding.

Priscilla and Insoo
Wedding: 10/15/2011
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Patti was easy and enjoyable to work with. -C
Smooth Weddings, LLC responded with the following comments:
Thank you for your review. Our business grows mainly through referrals from our clients. If you have any friends planning a wedding, I would love the opportunity to help them plan a smooth wedding. Thanks again.
Wedding: 10/23/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Patti Wilson at Smooth Weddings, LLC was truly a blessing to us as we planned our wedding. She always responds quickly to e-mails/phone calls, she is organized, and she helped us to have a wonderful wedding in which we were not concerned about any of the details - because she was taking care of it!! Patti also directed us to many high-quality vendors who provided us with great service at a reasonable cost. We would happily recommend Patti to any couple looking to get married!
Wedding: 01/02/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Smooth Weddings, LLC was so helpful. In the planning process, they had every type of vendor information if you needed it. I also ordered my invitations directly through them. They also had the "little things" that you would likely forget about like a cake stand, card box, and aisle runner available to rent.

During the wedding itself, I did not worry about a thing. Smooth Weddings was very good at reminding people of where they needed to be and when. Yet, with all this, I did not feel intruded upon at all. Smooth Weddings helped everything to run smoothly and was competent to handle the events without interrupting at all.
Wedding: 06/27/2009
Services Used: Invitations, Wedding Planning
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Patti was great to work with throughout the whole wedding planning process. I knew she would be a great planner, because she also planned my sister's wedding a couple years ago. Patti was very helpful and made a lot of suggestions for vendors which helped greatly as I didn't always know where to look! She was very professional and friendly, easy to talk to, and reponded to emails in a timely manner. Our wedding day went great without a hitch! I didn't have to worry about any of the details thanks to Patti and her assistant I was stress free for my day ! Thanks Patti and Smooth Weddings!!
Wedding: 05/30/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Smooth Weddings was very professional, gave suggestions for different ideas and incorporated my ideas, and let me make the final decisions on what I wanted. She also reminded me as various deadlines drew near, helping me to keep track of time. In addition to being a great wedding co-ordinator, she also helped me with my flowers! On the day of our wedding... I had NO worries at all as she looked after EVERY detail that needed to be taken care of. I would highly recommend Smooth Weddings!!
Wedding: 05/09/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Smooth Weddings made my wedding so "smooth" - everything went without a hitch. It was the happiest day of my life. They are very efficient, responsible, and caring. I recommend them to all of my friends.
Wedding: 03/08/2008
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have and would again recommend this wedding planner. People have said they never saw a calmer bride. I knew the details were being taken care of, and Ms Wilson wanted to work within our budget, as well as make the day our very own.
Wedding: 06/17/2007
Services Used: Invitations, Jewelry, Wedding Planning, Event Rentals & Photobooths
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Smooth Weddings truly did make my daughter's wedding day run smoothly. All those millions of details that I would have obviously overlooked were thought of by Patti and covered without a glitch. I highly recommend her services!
Wedding: 12/23/2005
Services Used: Invitations, Wedding Planning, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Smooth Weddings provided us with an outstanding professional service. We were so pleased with their services that we will recond them without any hesitation to our friends.
Wedding: 08/20/2005
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
1.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.5
Patti was absolutely terrible as a planner. She knew little about reception venues, nothing about florists, DJs, jewelers. The contract listed that she would be with the bride for 8 hours on the day of the wedding which we counted on. She had a trainee with her and never came to the bride's house at all but arrived at the church early enough to try to interfere with the photographer and church wedding planner. We had to do most of the work ourselves pre wedding. We COUNTED on the money not being wasted and her coming through on the day of the wedding. Unfortunately she did not. The candles were not lit at the reception, the gift matchbooks were not on the tables. What a disaster. Perhaps if we purchased the bargain wedding at only wedding day she might have been able to handle it but a complete wedding at a decent reception site and that cost $20,000 was far beyond her skills. Only use her if you cannot use the internet and think for yourself. I cry to this day thinking of how she ruined this one special event for us. Don't waste your money on a wedding planner. It is not like on TV.
Smooth Weddings, LLC responded with the following comments:
I definitely have to respond to this comment and defend myself.

My contract said “up to 8 hours” on the day of the wedding. I believe I definitely was there for up to 8 if not more because I stay after the reception to ensure the wedding gifts are taken care of, personal belongings are taken, etc.

With reference to coming to “Catherine’s” (I use quotes because this was not the name she used with me as my client) house prior to the wedding, I asked her if she needed me there before the ceremony and she said no because her family was going to be there. Of course, if she wanted me there I would have been there, but since she didn’t, I was at the church ensuring everything was being done and set up according to her wishes.

As far as her comment about “doing most of the work,” I offered to help wherever possible, get vendors, offer ideas, etc., but she said she would do it or whatever. If you hire a planner to help you plan the wedding, you should rely on them to actually help you – not end up doing it all yourself.

I really don’t know where I “didn’t come through.” Two examples of where I did come through - she wanted the ribbon and bows from the ceremony brought to the reception site to tie on the banister, which I did and made sure I took them down afterwards because she wanted to keep them, as well as leftover favors, bubbles, etc. I personally delivered all the leftovers to her house after they returned from their honeymoon. Another example - Just prior to the start of the ceremony, her father came to me to say his bow tie came apart. So, I pulled out of my emergency kit a clip-on bow tie and no one could tell. He was very thankful, as was “Catherine.” She even told me that day sometime after the ceremony or during the reception that her father had told her what happened and she thanked me. I have to ask, does this sound like someone who is disappointed with my services?

DJ – they hired on their own. Didn’t have a problem with him at all as he works for an entertainment agency that is a member of the same professional wedding association as I am.

Florist – they hired on their own. Not a problem with them.

Church WC – worked with her fine. I basically assisted and deferred to her since she knew the church and how things worked. Because of “Catherine” arriving late to the ceremony, the church WC actually asked me to help her administer the communion during the ceremony to speed things up – now that’s something I did above and beyond the call of duty. Don’t know how I interfered with her.

Photographer – they hired on their own. Very, very rude to me and very unprofessional. He did not want to follow the schedule at all. When I told him I sent a general photo shot list to my clients so they could start thinking about what photos they definitely want to make sure he captures, he IM's me with this: “please dont give any bride and groom a list of pics to be taken without chking with me.. i have my own list that i go by and if i get more than one.. it gets very very confusing and is also bad business...” What??? This is what I said in response to this. “I always give my clients a general "shot list" just so they can determine what photos they "must have" so the photographer makes sure to get them. As I'm sure you can understand, every couple has their own pics they want along with the standard. My list just ensures they think about the different shots they want. Your list is probably very similar to mine. When [they] finalize that list, I'm sure it won't be a problem to incorporate their "must haves" with your general list.” He then says, “ i do not incorporate other lists in to mine.. it has always caused problems. i am also a dj.. so i have prob [have] a lot more ideas in those specific areas than a wedding coordinator does.. it makes life very difficult when a coordinator tries to tell the professional how to do their job..” What??? Who was telling him how to do his job? This gives you an idea of what I had to put up with as far as the photographer goes. I can’t possibly tell how “Catherine” thinks I interfered with him. If anything, he interfered with me doing my job. “Catherine” had actually told me how she appreciated my giving her the shot list.

The venue was great. “Catherine” is correct they didn’t do as they were instructed to have the matchboxes and favor bags out on the tables, or the candles lit, but as soon as she noticed this upon arrival, I took care of it by letting the venue know and they quickly placed the matchboxes and favor bags out on the tables. No harm done.

“Catherine” NEVER indicated to me that she had any issues with me during or after the wedding. This is the first I’m hearing about it and she waited three years to say this? After the wedding, I sent out a post-evaluation questionnaire and she never sent it back. So, I had no idea what she thought of my services. All through the planning, during and after, she NEVER said a word to me. This comes as a real shock to me. I invite constructive criticism via the post-evaluation but these comments here are on the verge of slandering. Why couldn’t she have just called or e-mailed me with her concerns? I really can’t believe she has waited three years and then posts it online? I honestly don’t know how her wedding was ruined.

As you will read from the other reviews she wrote for the other vendors she used, she didn’t have anything nice to say about any of them, except for a couple of them.
Wedding: 04/03/2005
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Patti has a take-charge and friendly attitude, provides a lot of insight and helps you plan things you would not even think about. She covers all the “what ifs.” The day of the wedding we just had to follow her lead. No worrying about what else was happening, we got to focus on ourselves. During and after the wedding i realized even more the value of this service. We did have a mishap that had nothing to do with her services though, and a relative was able to step in and handle that.
Wedding: 10/24/2004
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Patti knows what she is doing when it comes to getting it done on the wedding day. Highly suggest using her.
Wedding: 05/01/2004
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Patti was fantastic! I needed someone to keep me on track and she did all that and more.
Wedding: 07/12/2003
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Ceremony Music, Invitations, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
4.7