TRULIE AN EVENT INC. Reviews

27 | Broad Run, VA

27 Reviews for TRULIE AN EVENT INC.

Sue · Married on 06/01/2013

We can not praise Trulie An Event high enough. They were the planners for our daughter's recent wedding. They were fantastic from the first day that we met them. We were made to feel special and important. Their attention to detail made the entire day flow so smoothly. We had so many people tell us that it was the best wedding that they ever attended....and we credit Julie & Hans...They gave us the greatest gift ever...a wonderful memory!!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Kate · Married on 06/01/2013

It is difficult to put into words how truly amazing Trulie An Event was to work with during our wedding!!! From the moment we met Julie & Hans in September 2012, we knew we were in great hands & the wedding planning process would be fun and stress free!! J & H are true professionals that know their business inside and out! We couldn't have been happier with the vendors they worked with (photographer, florist, caterer, hotel, transportation, etc). Every single detail of our big day was taken care of.... J & H listened to ALL of our ideas, our vision, thoughts etc & incorporated everything into the day. Our family & friends are still saying our wedding was THE most beautiful wedding they've ever attended! Julie and Hans are like family to us now!!

Sent on 09/17/2013

We had our wedding/reception at Farmer's Delight Plantation in Middleburg, VA. This venue comes with the expertise of Julie and Hans with Trulie An Event. They handle all functions at this venue but will also coordinate your event or travel plans anywhere in the world. They will match you with the right vendors based upon your price point and personality. If you are looking for a one stop shop then this is for you. They handled everything for our wedding which included: caterer, DJ (or band if you prefer), cake, flowers, rental of tables, chairs and linens, bartender, and photographer. We made just a few decisions but they met with everyone on our behalf. They are delightful, laid back people that will do their best to remove the stress from your day.

Sent on 11/20/2012
  • User2095762 · 2+ years ago

I can’t say enough about my perfect wedding experience at The Farmer’s Delight Plantation and working with Trulie an Event. From the moment that we stepped onto the property, we knew that this was the place for our wedding. The chapel made a beautiful backdrop for our wedding ceremony and the service of everyone involved in the planning and on wedding day was impeccable. I would highly recommend a wedding at The Farmer’s Delight Plantation and the involvement of Trulie an Event in any capacity.

Sent on 11/10/2012

Lorinda and · Married on 10/15/2011

There's a reason everyone gives Julie and Hans five stars across the board. We couldn't have asked for anything more and can't recommend them highly enough. They're friendly, accommodating, and above all else professional. It feels strange when people ask how hard it was to plan our wedding, since Julie and Hans made everything seem so easy. All in all, if you want a professionally planned wedding that will leave your guests amazed (and you stress-free), go with Julie and Hans. You will be glad you did.

Sent on 01/09/2012

Peter · Married on 09/03/2011

Julie and Hans Roland (J&H) were a true delight to work with. Five stars across the board are hard to achieve, but they earned it.

In terms of Quality of Service and Responsiveness, J&H were on top of emails and phone calls. They focused on details we would not have thought of and kept us on track with milestone tasks. It was a joy to come to their home to plan out the ceremony and hear about their own wedding experience. They want to give you a dream wedding; all you have to do is let them!

As for Professionalism, they are pros at what they do! You definitely want someone to be your omniscient point person on the day of your wedding so that you can focus on your guests. That's what J&H provide, in addition to the myriad other things that make a wedding memorable. As far as Value goes, in a word, they deliver.

Finally, their Flexibility is legendary. As returned Peace Corps volunteers from Morocco, where we first met, we wanted to incorporate a heavy dose of the "Maghreb" into our wedding festivities. J&H were happy to take on the challenge and realize our vision. They helped us to think through what to buy for the wedding during a vacation to Morocco nine months prior to the wedding and they worked with us to tie in as many Moroccan elements as possible while still maintaining a traditional wedding framework. I even dreamt up my own cocktails for the reception - not a problem for J&H!

In short, J&H will deliver a wedding that will make you smile. They are genuinely fun and caring people and we are very happy that we were able to work with them. We look forward to seeing them again post-wedding!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Ruth · Married on 07/09/2011

Trulie An Event INC....was a true blessing ! our wedding was impeccable because of all their hard work and great attention to even the smallest details ! everything we spoke about and imagined came to life...their professional, extremely organized and timely. I can say with complete confidence that we both made the best choice by choosing to work with Trulie An Event for our wedding and that I would definitely use them again without hesitation for any other events we choose to have in our near future.

Sent on 07/23/2011

Diane · Married on 05/22/2011

Our May 22, 2011 wedding would not have been the wonderful, memorable event w/o the partnership of Julie and Hans with Trulie an Event. We had our wedding at the Farmer's Delight Plantation in Middleburg, VA. Our friends and family had such a great time that they are still talking about it. From our meetings with the photographer, to the caterer, the florist, the cake, the table linens, and the lighting for the reception, Julie and Hans handled it all with grace and had great ideas to share. They went with our ideas and helped make our wedding exactly what we wanted, with hardly any stress on me and my (now) husband's part. They are also great people, along with the vendors that they recommended. We had such a great time planning and executing our wedding. Thank you Julie and Hans!

Sent on 09/03/2011

Suni · Married on 10/10/2009

We met Hans and Julie Roland on our first visit to Farmers Delight and although it took some time for us to settle on a venue for our wedding, we were immediately sure we wanted Trulie An Event to help us put everything together. I did not initially think I needed much help in coordinating our wedding, but they had so many great ideas upon first meeting us that I was quickly and happily convinced otherwise. Our wedding was non-traditional in many ways and Trulie an Event not only accommodated our requests but filled in the details so that all of our ideas, even the half-baked ones, came out spectacularly. This included building a bonfire pit for us so that we could have a Friday night bonfire instead of a rehearsal dinner, re-starting the bonfire with some leftover wood during the next day because the weather had turned colder and Hans noticed that the guests looked a little chilly before the reception, creating a ceremony site for us near the lake at Farmers Delight, routing guests around the property to accommodate our unusual ceremony location and creatively configuring tent space so we could fit just a few more people in the reception without having to move the whole thing to the "side yard" of Farmers Delight. In addition to these extra requests, Trulie An Event also narrowed down the endless vendor options to a few really good choices. This saved us both a lot of time and a lot of worry since all of those choices came with Julie's and Hans' past experiences and recommendation. Ultimately they allowed us to focus only on getting married during our wedding and that was priceless. And as further testimony to how wonderful they were, I still consider them to be part of my family now, many months after our wedding. Thanks Julie and Hans, we were very lucky to have found you!

Sent on 03/13/2010

katie · Married on 09/12/2009

We decided to check out Farmer's Delight after reading all of the glowing reviews on here about the venue and Trulie an Event (which is a service that comes with booking the venue). After a long day of looking at endless venues, as soon as we stepped onto the grounds at Farmer's Delight, we knew it was the "one." And after talking to Hans and Julie at that first meeting, and getting a sense of their creativity and vision (along with their great personalities and incredible warmth) we were sold! And even then we had no idea what a treat we were in for...

Not only was the event itself far above and beyond what we would have imagined -- truly magical in every way -- but the journey to get there was SO fun! I've heard such horror stories of couples getting so stressed out and overwhelmed trying to choose vendors and juggling all of the logistics and details. But with Julie and Hans, all the vendors and logistics happen through them, and they make everything so stress-free and fun. I am not always good at remembering the little things, and especially in the month or so leading up to the wedding, there are LOTS of little details to remember. But I didn't need to worry about forgetting anything because Julie was keeping track of everything for us! They were always accessible by phone and email and always on top of things. We looked forward to our meetings with them and they always had incredible suggestions. Julie and I discovered we had very similar taste and therefore I trusted a lot of her suggestions b/c I knew we were on the same wavelength.

Our wedding turned out to be so unique and magical b/c of the ideas they came up with. The setting was something out of a movie, and Hans did an incredible job with the lighting. One of our guests said they felt like they were in the English countryside, which I loved hearing! I didn't have to worry about a single thing on the day of b/c I knew they had everything under control. And we have heard over and over again from countless people that it was the best wedding they'd ever been to (and we have to agree :) we have gone to other weddings since & nothing compares!!). It was the kind of the wedding that no one wanted to leave -- we could have all stayed dancing for another 2 hours I think!

So, in a nutshell: Julie and Hans are amazing!! Incredible to work with. I seriously can't imagine going through our wedding planning process without them. Not only were they professional, detailed and on top of everything, but they were so fun to work with and have become great friends. Thank you for everything, Julie & Hans -- we love you guys!!
    ~Katie & Dan

Sent on 01/29/2010

Betty · Married on 09/12/2009

When we booked our daughter's wedding at Farmers Delight Plantation, little did we know we would have the added bonus of working with Julie and Hans Roland, the wedding planners for the venue. They helped to make the day for our daughter and son-in-law perfect in every way. They were on top of all the details, helped with vendor selection and just a deight to work with in every way. They definitely helped my stress level as the MOB and it was a perfect day for everyone - not to mention lots of fun planning as well. Thank you, Julie and Hans. You are the best!

Sent on 02/08/2010

dominic · Married on 06/06/2009

Everything was much more than we expected. The wedding turned out to be the absolute best I have ever been a part of or have been to. Setting was perfect. Service was perfect. Music was perfect. Photographer was perfect. Food was perfect. I wish it all could have lasted much much longer. I will recommend you whenever given the opportunity. Thank you. -dominic laiti, Hamilton, Va

Sent on 06/09/2009

Cate · Married on 05/30/2009

I can't say enough about Hans and Julie. I was worried to hype up the day because everyone always says that planning is stressful, and the actual day is rushed for the bride and groom. We had the opposite experience all thanks to these two wonderful people. We absolutely loved our wedding and would not have done anything differently. We also always looked forward to planning times. Hans and Julie listened to our ideas and got a feel for who we are. They suggested vendors that completely suited our personalities and what we wanted for our wedding. We loved that the vendors came out to one area so that we weren't driving all over. We could not have been happier with the vendors we had. I have never heard so many people comment on a tent before! The site itself is one of the most enchanting places I have ever seen. Since Hans and Julie are the exclusive planners for this site, they know it well and how to make it look unbelievable. The way Hans did the lighting, along with the flowers and other countless details that I would never have thought to include (but Hans and Julie did) made our wedding incredible.
    Their reassuring demeanor and the complete confidence we had that they were on top of everything, made it so that we focused only on enjoying ourselves and celebrating with our friends and family. This was invaluable.
    The honeymoon is yet another amazing experience we had because of Hans and Julie. We told them what we were looking for, and some places we were considering. Hans put together detailed plans and pointed out what he thought we would be interested in. We chose Costa Rica and are so thankful we did. It exceded our expectations to say the least. We went zip lining through the rain forest, repelling down waterfalls etc.. and had the best time relaxing in the volcanic hot springs in an amazing resort. Since Hans and Julie travel there frequently, they knew all of the inside tips (including where the best happy hour is for pineapple drinks, best place to watch the sunset, etc.), and kept in contact with the places we visited to make sure we made it safely to the different destinations. This sense of security in a foriegn country gave us secure piece of mind so we were able to fully relax. Hans and Julie made all of the arangements so it was the easiest vacation we have had by far. I fully reccomend that you take advantage of their honeymoon planning services.
    Their experience, attention to detail, and natural ease in relating to people make them outstanding. We are grateful for all they have done for us, and feel blessed to know them! Cate and Michael

They also do a great job working around "that one crazy guest" that everyone has.

Sent on 06/23/2009

Courtney · Married on 04/04/2009

Hans and Julie truly made our wedding an event people are still talking about and amazed by. Every time we see relatives or friends, they mention that this was their favorite wedding that they have attended. Wow! Everything was better than I could have ever even imagined. The planning was made special by the personal touches that went into each meeting. My parents, husband, and I were made to feel like family as we worked together with Hans and Julie to plan. Farmer's Delight Plantation was the location that I thought I would only find in my dreams. From the beginning with the estimate to the actual day, things were perfectly planned and organized. If you are looking for a special event and the best planners....look no more! These are two truly special people that I had the honor to plan my special day with!

Sent on 10/22/2009
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/27/2008

Hans and Julie of Trulie an Event were the biggest blessing we could have had on our wedding day. I could not have imagined a more perfect event. Everything they did exceeded our expectations. The wedding planning was enjoyable and completely stress free. So many people congratulated us on the work they did and how beautiful the event had turned out. There are so many variables they took care of that you can't even imagine. They recommended all the vendors for the wedding and all of them were wonderful. They even helped us have an amazing rehearsal dinner, engagement party, and honeymoon we'll never forget. And best of all, they are not only professional, but so much fun to work with! If you're looking for a fabulous, stress free, and knockout event, Trulie an Event is TRULY for you!

Sent on 11/11/2008

Brenda · Married on 09/20/2008

Choose a site, choose a dress, choose a wedding song..... choose Trulie an Event!

Hans and Julie are a delight. Their personalities and experience complement each other resulting in detailed attention and swift execution. They are thoughtful, flexible and reliable.

Our wedding was everything we wanted and we never once worried about anything more than each other and visiting with our friends and family.

If you value your time, money and sanity.... Trulie an Event is one of the best choices you can make.

Sent on 04/17/2009

Julia · Married on 08/09/2008

We would highly recommend Trulie An Event to anyone that is planning a wedding. They went far beyond what could be expected of a planner and left us with countless memories that we will never forget. One example of such a memory came on the day our wedding. Just one hour before the wedding was to begin we realized that the groom’s tux was missing. Without missing a beat Julie swung into action with the help of the fabulous staff at the Farmers Plantation. Together they came up with a solution that involved the groom driving to a private home of a very generous woman who just happened to have a tux that was similar in size to what was needed. Throughout this entire ordeal Julie did everything she could to keep everything on schedule and keep the nerves of everyone in check. It still warms my heart to think that all these wonderful people did so much to make our special day turn out so wonderfully.

Julie and Hans really listened to our needs and requirements. They spent a significant amount of time understanding our vision before they even offered up options for what we could do. Throughout the entire process we always felt like they had their entire hearts into making sure we had exactly what we wanted. No item was too small or insignificant in their eyes. Julie and Hans made sure that along the path to building our event we fully understood what we could expect to happen on our special day. Even having all these insights we were still pleasantly surprised and amazed at just how wonderful everything turned out. Things could not have been more perfect. All of the vendors that Trulie An Event booked did a fantastic job. The level of professionalism was beyond reproach. With all the big things we had to remember on our plate, like how many tuxes we should bring, it was truly a joy to know that every detail of our event was in the hands of
    such great people. Everyone who came commented on how it was one of the best weddings they had ever attended. Thank you Hans and Julie!!! You are great people with the warmth and caring to make any event a special occasion.

Here are some recommendations that will make your wedding stand out:

1. If you are having children at your wedding we would recommend having Sprocket the robot he will make their day.
    2. Ask about the fireworks, there is no better way to end the day.

We had the most magical wedding and it was all due to Trulie An Event, Thank you again for all you did for us.

Sent on 10/20/2008

Heather · Married on 05/24/2008

We are so thankful to have met Hans and Julie Roland while visiting our future wedding site at Farmer’s Delight Plantation during the early stages of planning our wedding. My mother, husband and I instantly connected with both Hans and Julie and felt that our wedding would now be unique and most importantly, stress free! They were extremely helpful, creative, professional, flexible and fun to work with. The vendors that we were put in contact with were of the same caliber of professionals. We could not ask for a better wedding day and would not change one thing if we had the chance to do it all over again! We continue to receive wonderful compliments on the beauty of our wedding day, and for that we are grateful to the amazing planning skills and vendors that participated and made it happen!

Sent on 08/03/2008
  • Jerry & Juliaette

Jerry · Married on 05/17/2008

We cannot say enough good things about Julie and Hans over at Trulie an Event! From our initial meeting all they way up to our actual wedding day, Julie and Hans served as our eyes and ears in planning our DC wedding while living several hundred miles away in Missouri. It was important to my wife that she have someone who could relieve the stress in planning this type of event, yet still make our special day a personal tribute to our love and to our family. Julie at Trulie was our answer. Julie takes the time (and talent) to listen to everyone's point of view and requests, then provides her wisdom in suggesting a plan for how to achieve our vision. She took care of all our planning related to catering, florists, audio/visual, hotels, guest transportation, reception music, wedding cake, etc, etc!. Julie knows what to do and has all the local contacts and experience to make it happen, but even more Julie takes the time to make sure every detail was personalized to our requests. The result was a wedding day that my wife and I will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Side note - After several weeks of working with them to plan our wedding, we were so impressed that we also asked for their assistance in planning our honeymoon! Hans helped to coordinate a great escape to Costa Rica - with time spent in several hotels, world-class service, and wonderful food. Their experience in planning travel is a hidden gem - as they know these places personally and took every request from us and made it a reality.

Sent on 07/19/2008

Elizabeth · Married on 10/07/2007

Trulie an Event was essential in making our wedding day so very special. They led us through every step and answered all of our questions. Everything was explained to us and the overhwelming task of planning a wedding was made managable by their professionalism. We hear over and over how our wedding was one of the best our guests have attended

Sent on 05/04/2008

Maria · Married on 10/06/2007

The best decision I made throughout planning my wedding, was partnering with Trulie An Event as my wedding coordinator. If I were to do things differenently, I would have hired them to coordinate my entire wedding, but unfortunately I did not discover them until later in my planning process. If you are seeking an event planner that will deliver professionalism, class and creativity while keeping your needs as top priority, contact Trulie An Event today. On top of delivering exceptional results, Trulie An Event was a pleasure to work with and made planning an enjoyable experience. Planning any event, especially a wedding, can be so stressful. Ultimately, you are looking for peace that everything will run smoothly and perfectly when the big day comes and you/your guests will not have to worry about a thing. If this is what you want, trust me...Trulie An Event is who you want!

Sent on 01/19/2008

Linda · Married on 06/23/2007

Planning a long distance wedding can be quite a challenge and my daughter and I knew that having some support along the way as well as a coordinator for the wedding weekend was essential. I knew instantly after talking to Julie Roland at Trulie An Event that we would love working with her because of her warm personal style and her knowledge of the ceremony site.
    Julie has a delightful personality, is very professional and knowledgeable, detail oriented, extremely generous with her time, and always gave us peace of mind when we were feeling stressed. The wedding is now a beautiful memory although our guests are still commenting on how perfect everything was that day. Thanks Julie!

Sent on 02/05/2008

Lara · Married on 06/25/2006

Julie coordinated for me during the week before the wedding and on the wedding day. She is fabulous, a life saver. Her services were worth every penny and probably the smartest money I spent. Thank you so much Julie for giving me back my sanity and helping in the most beautiful day in my life!

Sent on 03/22/2008

Gail · Married on 10/08/2005

Julie and Hans Roland are the best thing that happened upon Bailey and me in planning our wedding. They were very professional, responded to our calls and emails, found vendors who fit our style and budget, made us feel they were focused on our event and, most importantly, made sure they brought our vision to life. We also worked with Julie and Hans to plan our rehearsal dinner, Sunday brunch, honeymoon and even held the bridesmaid luncheon at their beautiful mountaintop home. We never had to worry about the vendor details once our choices were made.
    They allowed us to relax, enjoy the ride and focus on sharing that magical time with each other and with our friends and family.
    Our friends still talk about our wedding and want us to get married again so they can relive the fun with us. What an honor! I think that is truly the mark of a successful event and speaks volumes to a job well done by the behind-the-scenes master mind that is Trulie an Event.

Sent on 01/17/2008

Patti · Married on 07/16/2005

My husband suggested we use Trulie An Event, as he had seen the events they had planned for the company where he works. Everyone there was quite impressed. From our first meeting until the day of our wedding, Hans & Julie made every step of our experience easy, enjoyable, and fun! We looked forward to each meeting to see what they had to offer with the next set of vendors. They know so many great vendors that the choices seemed endless! We wanted a venue that fit us and was different. We also wanted something all of the out of town guests could enjoy. Eventhough our wedding day proved to be the hottest day of the year, everyone enjoyed the beautiful gardens and cocktails and dinner outside. The band made everyone leave their seats and dance all night! The flowers were exotic and perfect and the food was 5 star! All in all, we loved the experience of working with Hans and Julie and know we wouldn't have had such a perfect day without their help. They have become good friends of ours and are helping to plan a brunch for our son's baptism!

Sent on 07/29/2008