91 Reviews for The Wedding Dance Specialists

Dance Lessons (5)
90 The Wedding Dance Specialists Reviews

We attended the boot camp and really loved it! We went in with NO idea what we were going to do for our dance, and came away with a good foundation to create our own dance using the steps we learned. Our only advice would be to spend more time teaching how to "transition" from one set of moves to another. They were helpful with showing how we could make adjustments to our dance to accommodate our physical challenges (we are a bit older). All in all - time VERY well spent! We are excited to perform our first dance as husband and wife with the steps we learned in boot camp!

Profile Picture Wanda, 2/17/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

We had a fantastic time at the wedding dance bootcamp! My fiancee and I learned a lot of actionable dance tips, as well as an excellent basic routine. The bootcamp was a blast.

Profile Picture Johnny, 10/9/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Dance Lessons

The fairy godmother, our instructor, was amazing and professional... and she's the most affordable you'll find in the area. She's very knowledgeable and patient. We did three classes with her and got the dance down-packed, and we did splendid on our day. So glad we hired her!

Profile Picture Marilyn, 10/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Deborah Joy was a fantastic teacher and helpful in a pinch to refresh our dancing skills on short notice, just weeks before our wedding. She was fun, friendly, flexible and knowledgeable. a real life-save!

Profile Picture User4903054, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My Wife, Krystal and I were very pleased with the lessons Deborah provided. We started with the group session which taught us the basic steps that would continue into our private lessons and practice sessions at home. I do not have a comparison of services to comment on but we were able to view Deborah providing instructions to other couples in different dance steps. Deborah is a very dynamic instructor that brings more than just dance skills on the floor; for someone as "stoic" as me, she was able to get me to relax and feel comfortable as I led my wife around the dance floor, in practice and during our wedding!

Profile Picture Jason, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Deborah is the best! Her website is extremely thorough and a good representation of the thoughtfulness and care she puts into her lesson plans. I would definitely recommend her to other couples looking for wedding dance lessons. If you're on the fence, definitely try one of her bootcamps - it's a nice preview of what to expect in a dance lesson and her instruction style.

Profile Picture User4888555, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Thanks to Deborah our wedding dance was perfect! She taught us some great dance steps that we can use throughout our lifetime together and we had so much fun working with her. Everyone at the wedding said our dance was so great and we looked so graceful. I was so nervous for the first dance and knowing that we had a routine made the dance so easy and fun. Thanks again, Deborah!

Profile Picture User3105089, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Getting married was probably the one shot I had at getting my man to take dance lessons. Thank goodness we found Deborah! Her energy and enthusiasm made lessons so much fun and I still can't believe how much we learned in just 4 lessons! We were so much more confident after working with Deborah and our guests totally loved our first dance! If you don't want to look like you are slow dancing at your junior prom, see the Wedding Dance Specialists ASAP!

Profile Picture Erin, 3/1/14, 14 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our first dance at our wedding was absolutely amazing...and it is all thanks to Deborah Joy at the Wedding Dance Specialists! We took five lessons with Deborah. We were so surprised how easy it was to learn the steps to our first dance...Deborah just teaches what we need to know to look good in the most high yield way possible. Our guests were so impressed with our first dance that they thought we had taken months of lessons!! Not only did she teach us how to dance to one song, but she also taught us how to adapt those same steps to different types of music including hip hop and swing! Now, when we go on our honeymoon, we will have lots of steps to incorporate when we dance. We are so happy that we took lessons with Deborah and highly recommend her and the Wedding Dance Specialists!!! We couldn't have asked for a better first dance :)

Profile Picture Margaret, 10/13/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My wife and I both have rhythm but had no idea how to make our first dance explosive, but thank goodness for our lessons. We knocked it out of the park because of how comfortable we were with all the sequences we were taught. Thank you Deborah!

Profile Picture User4887228, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We were married on June 1st, 2013 (sorry for the late review!), but did not get around to booking dancing lessons until the middle of April. Additionally, my husband would be gone for military training for two weeks in May, leaving us only a few weeks to perfect a routine.

Deborah and her team did not let our condensed timeline affect their product in the least and were able to work with our busy work schedules to fit us into six lessons logically arranged to maximize our retention and proficiency leading up to the wedding.

Deborah was our instructor and it was obvious from the moment we met her that she is tremendously passionate about helping couples take their special day to the next level and an expert in her field.

She - as advertised - taught us moves and a flexible framework in which to flow from move to move catered specifically to our song. We were both first-time dancers, but Deborah's instruction had us feeling absolutely comfortable by the time our wedding arrived.

Our first dance was done to live singing, and Deborah's flexible training style allowed us to adapt to the slight variations our performer (my uncle) had compared to the recorded version we used to practice without forcing us to leave out any of the moves we wanted to use.

Deborah and her team deliver exactly what they promise - a completely customized, private and professional dance tutoring experience. Would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture User3332588, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

She took, what can be, a very stressful part of awedding and made it fun and easy. Song selection and the dance routine were spot on for what we wanted.

Profile Picture User4923388, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My partner and I were married on October 18, 2014, in Washington, D.C. My partner felt strongly that we should have a “first dance,” although I will admit that I was much more reluctant because we have been together for 16 years and I am not a very good dancer (so hard for a gay man to admit!). From the first meeting with Deborah Joy, however, I realized how wrong I had been. Deborah was simply amazing both as a dance instructor and a person. She developed a choreography for our first dance song (Leona Lewis, First Time I Ever Saw Your Face) within one hearing of the song. She then met with us over a series of lessons to ensure that we understood the steps and could perform them well. We realized that we had achieved success (with quite a bit of effort) when Deborah teared up as we did our dance. Any doubt was removed when a number of people at our wedding also teared up while watching us do our dance with a number of them coming up to hug us afterwards and to tell us that we had performed the best “first dance” they had ever seen. Most importantly, the simple act of practicing our dance and working with Deborah was an enormously bonding experience for us – we had not anticipated that after 16 years together, that is, that we would feel even more in love and attached to each other because of Deborah’s magic. And magic it was!!
We cannot endorse and recommend Deborah enough. She is incredibly talented and VERY fun to work with. She will give you a hard time when you need a hard time and she will give you abundant loving support when you need that too. Don’t do what I had originally planned – a boring, safe first dance where the partners sway around aimlessly. Take a deep breath and let Deborah help you choreograph something that will be deeply meaningful, not only to you as a couple, but to all who watch your dance. We cannot thank Deborah enough.

Profile Picture User3085565, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Deborah was great to work with and very professional. She had no problem working with a gay couple, not even two women with two left feet! We felt so much better about our first dance after working with her for one 2-hour session, and even looked forward to it (instead of dreading it).

Profile Picture Lauren, 1/25/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Entertainer, Unique Services (Other)

Deborah was great to work with and she made our first dance something special that we will always remember.

Profile Picture User4906687, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I really wanted to avoid the middle-school sway during our first dance, so we called upon The Wedding Dance Specialists to try and make us look respectable. This was no small feat considering that my husband doesn’t have an ounce of rhythm in his body (he will attest to this). We worked with Migle over the course of 5 dance lessons. Migle is extremely talented and a lot of fun to work with. She was very encouraging and had lots of suggestions for us along the way. She tailored our first dance to our ability level and vision and even recorded our dance in-studio so that we could practice at home. Migle understood that we didn’t want a completely choreographed dance (we were afraid it might look too cheesy) but rather wanted to learn a beginning and end and then some moves that we could throw in during the middle for a natural feel. That’s exactly what she gave us! We couldn’t have been happier with the final result—an absolute transformation from when we walked in for our first lesson. In addition to having a blast together learning to dance, my husband and I had a great time performing our dance at our reception. We literally had folks on their feet clapping! Needless to say, we received countless compliments and kudos from our wedding guests. Several weeks later, many of them are still talking about it!

The folks at the Wedding Dance Specialists are real pros and we highly recommend them! From Judy in the office to Migle our teacher, everyone was an absolute delight to work with. In addition to having fun learning to dance together, you’ll enjoy impressing all of your wedding guests with your new moves!

Profile Picture User1619474, 2+ years ago, 13 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Excellent, Kind, Nurturing, and Patient.
Gave Us a Sense of Style and Ability!!

Profile Picture User2023817, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Me and my husband enjoyed every minute. We were nervous at first but ended up at the end loving the experience. Our dance at the wedding got lots of compliments and it was one of our highlights of the wedding.

Profile Picture Dan Marie, 10/22/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Could not have asked for a better experience. My wife and I loved the lessons with Deborah and we looked great during our first dance to Johnny Cash's "Flesh and Blood"

Profile Picture John, 10/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Very professional dance instructor and very easy to work with. Made us very confident in our first dance and got some rave reviews on our moves!

Profile Picture User4922949, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Deborah Joy was fantastic. She took two people who can't dance at all and made us look fantastic in front of all of our guests! She was part pre-marital counselor (who knew the leader/follower aspect of dance could be so stressful!), part dance instructor and part word of wisdom giver. They have a great website with tons of tips and it was a good value for the money.

Profile Picture Amy, 6/24/11, 12 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We took a few private dance lessons with with the Wedding Dance Specialists to prepare for our June 2011 wedding. It was some of the very best money we spent!! For a totally reasonable price, the instructor worked with us and the song we had selected for our first dance. Rather than teaching us complicated dance steps or a whole choreographed routine, we were giving some basic skills and a few simple moves that made our dance more enjoyable for all--including our captive audience of guests! Not only did we avoid the middle school shuffle, but it made a boring and stressful tradition into a joy and highlight of our reception. Highly recommended!!

Profile Picture User4907067, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We started with this vendor by joining in the group classes which helped us learn the basics. The instructor was kind, yet made sure to let you know when you needed to work on certain areas. From there we knew that we wanted to work with this company to ensure a perfect first dance.

When signing up for private lessons, they were very helpful in locating an instructor and setting up meeting times in a local dance studio. The instructor we had for private lessons took the uncommon song that we chose and choreographed a great dance for our wedding. The instructor worked with us amateurs to make sure the dance was great. We enjoyed learning many different dance steps and heard tons of compliments on our first dance such as "Best first dance ever!"

Profile Picture User1126021, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I can't say enough good things about Deborah Joy Block and the Wedding Dance Specialists. My bride and I took four lessons with Deborah and in that period of time (and with a bit of practice), we went from knowing nothing to having the confidence to put on a great show at our reception, and the compliments still have not stopped. I 100% recommend the Wedding Dance Specialists - it made for a great Valentine's Day gift, too.

Profile Picture Matthew, 11/6/10, 1 Review