Something New Events Reviews

36 | Washington, DC

36 Reviews for Something New Events

Jackie · Married on 09/21/2019

Best Coordinator Ever. Beyond Grateful for Liz!

Liz is a superstar. At every step of the wedding planning process, she was able to take full and complete notes on all the things that we had requested, and she provided some insightful tips or other helpful suggestions as we drafted up our plan. She comminuted with us extremely well and consistently, and she always responded to our questions promptly. No question or idea was too small for her to consider to the fullest depth and with utmost priority. Because of Liz, the wedding planning process was far easier than it would have been on our own, as well as much more enjoyable! She was able to make us laugh plenty of times along the way.
    On the day of the wedding itself, Liz ensured that everything went off without a hitch at every moment. She was never in our way when we wanted to share a moment with each other or our friends and family, but she made sure to keep us in the loop about which event would be coming up in 10 minutes, 5 minutes, etc. She made sure that all our other vendors were able to perform their tasks seamlessly, and she handled any unexpected or otherwise urgent events gracefully. She made sure we were fed and taken care of throughout the entire day, and we cannot be thankful enough that she was there to help us.

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Serena

Serena · Married on 07/06/2019

You need Something New Events on your wedding day

How anyone plans a wedding without the help of Liz and the Something New Events team is beyond me. I hired Liz as my month-of planner/coordinator and it was the best money ever spent. I was a bride living in Arizona planning my wedding for Virginia in July. Liz was so helpful each step of the way. She offered advice and suggestions when needed. The month before the wedding she met with me to iron out all the final details. She did all my follow up calls/emails, and made sure things got DONE! The most amazing thing was how she and her team were always 3 steps ahead of me on the actual wedding day. If I had felt like I had lost something, Liz knew exactly where it was because she had placed or packed it in a safe place. She was fantastic. In the month before the wedding she would bring details to my attention that I hadn't even considered, and would help me to get them ironed out. She really knew her stuff. Liz was absolutely fantastic to work with. She lent a listening ear at 9am one morning 3 days before the wedding when I was brought to tears about the possibility of a massive thunderstorm on my wedding day. She helped calm me down and reassure me that everything would be ok and still look beautiful. Thank goodness it didn't rain, and we celebrated and cheered together when we saw the forecast was all clear. She put in 110% to make sure I had the fairytale wedding of my dreams without any major issues. Our families continue to comment on how well she did in making sure everything on that day ran smoothly. I'm so thankful to Liz. I'm not sure what I would have done without her. She was nothing short of amazing throughout the entire process. I feel I not only had an awesome wedding planner, but potentially gained a great friend. That's just how personable and wonderful she really was.

Sent on 07/12/2019

Kaitlyn E · Married on 06/22/2019

So helpful and organized!

Working with Liz was so wonderful. She put me at ease and calmed my nerves as we got closer to the big day. I would not have been able to enjoy our wedding day the way I did without her help. She was always one step ahead of me and let me enjoy it all. She also was a joy to work with, always calm and steady, thought of all the little things you wouldn't think of, and was so professional with all my vendors. I would recommend her to anyone looking for help planning their big day!

Sent on 06/27/2019

James · Married on 11/04/2018

Best wedding coordinator!!!

Liz and her assistant, Samantha, helped with my wedding in November. Saying that they were amazing would be an understatement. I had zero stress once they started helping me. They went above and beyond with setting things up, contacting all my vendors, helping with the timeline, handling any issues that surfaced, and made me feel so relaxed the entire day. If you are looking for a wedding coordinator that knows what they are doing and is willing to help out with everything, Liz is your girl!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/27/2018

The Amazing Liz!

Liz was one of the best vendor choices we made for our wedding. From start to finish, she was on the ball with every aspect of the weekend - really allowing us to enjoy our wedding as guests. Her super speedy response time, great personality and attention to detail are standout qualities that make her so great! Our wedding day would not have been the success it was without her. She is a total gem!

Sent on 11/13/2018

jane · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfection

Liz is so professional. She set our minds at ease with her attention to detail. Liz knows this business, and her hard work made for a beautiful wedding. We enjoyed working with Liz and kind of miss her now that the wedding is over!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Martha · Married on 09/29/2018

Liz Arline from Something New Events is amazing! From our first meeting, her calm demeanor and professionalism put us at ease. Even though we hired her as a month-of coordinator, Liz was incredibly responsive and sweet throughout the entire planning process - it felt like we were working with a super organized and experienced friend instead of a vendor! On the day of, Liz was in control without being overbearing, and thanks to her we were able to enjoy our special day without any hassle. Her problem-solving leading up to the day and on the day of was invaluable.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Julianna · Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely recommend!

We worked with Liz as our month-of planner, and she provided exactly what we needed--from unbelievable responsiveness (even before our "wedding month" officially started!), to valuable input throughout the final month of wedding preparation decisions, to seamless coordination of transportation between venues and attention to all ceremony and reception details. Plus, she is a joy to work with! Can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 11/04/2018
  • Miranda

Miranda · Married on 09/22/2018

MVP of our wedding

Liz came recommended to us from a venue that we ultimately didn't use, but to whom we will forever be grateful. We opted for her "month of" coordinator package, and were thrilled with every interaction from the beginning. She's down to earth and totally on top of every little detail, including things that neither me nor my equally-type-A husband had thought of. She checked in with us frequently between when we first signed our contract and when her month-of work was supposed to start, and happily offered advice as we filled out our vendor team. She was incredibly responsive to our texts/worries/concerns and wasn't flustered when we told her that I wanted to make (and stack) my own wedding cake. She was also very honest about various trade-offs between cost/ looks/ pragmatic concerns, etc. I firmly believe Liz is the reason my head didn't explode with DIY details on the day of our wedding. Honestly in retrospect I wish we had gone for the full planning package! I'm in awe and forever grateful to her for everything she did!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Joshua · Married on 09/02/2018

Do yourself a favor- HIRE HER!!

This will be brief but only because there are not words to describe how amazing Liz and her team were for our wedding last year. Not only is she one of the sweetest people we met throughout the wedding process, she was also one of the most organized and hard-working as well. She coordinated details we didn’t even think to address and allowed us to simply enjoy our big day. Working with her made our wedding a dream and I can’t recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 11/22/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/01/2018

Best decision I made was working with Liz!

Liz is THE BEST! She is so wonderful to work with – calming, thorough, organized, fun, and full of fantastic ideas! I’ve planned countless large dinner events for work so I thought my wedding would be simple – just another dinner event! Then my MOH talked me into recruiting help (Did I really want to be worried about lighting candles on tables in my gown? Did I really want to make sure the cleanup crew was out of the venue on time after enjoying myself all evening?). We hired Liz as a month-of coordinator but she helped us through the entire process of planning our wedding. There were some surprise details (the need to hang drapes in an outdoor venue, a last minute rain-plan table layout, timing issues with various vendors, etc.) but Liz had my back, vendor suggestions, and a plan. The day of the wedding weather threatened our indoor-outdoor schedule but Liz was on top of everything and I didn’t have to worry at all! My husband and I had such a perfect, relaxed day. Liz kept the whole event out of the rain, on schedule, and in line with our vision. She provided little touches here and there that just elevated the whole wedding. I cannot imagine what the day would have been if I didn’t work with her. If you’re like me and think you can plan a wedding by yourself, stop, call Liz, and know that it will be the best decision you’ve ever made. There simply aren’t enough ‘stars’ to rate my experience working with Liz!!!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Karuna · Married on 06/16/2018

Liz is awesome! She went above and beyond throughout the entire process to make sure we were on top of everything and no details were forgotten. Our wedding was perfect and we owe so much to Liz for making it happen! Could not recommend working with her enough!

Sent on 07/04/2018

matt · Married on 06/09/2018

I don’t think there’s a high enough character-limit to say everything I’d like to about Liz. She was a consummate professional and became an essential part of our wedding planning. Her calm demeanor was a needed counter-point to the stress of the planning, but her even-keel should not be mistaken for passivity. She did not hesitate to go to bat for her clients and get things done in our best interests at every turn. Our concerns were her concerns and our stresses were solvable problems for her. On the wedding day, there was an issue that was supposed to be sorted by the venue, but the ball had been dropped. Liz jumped into action and worked behind the scenes to fix the issue just in time. She literally saved our reception by getting the lights on for us. Liz was so attentive, easy-going, and invested during our planning that I’m personally going to miss seeing and talking to her. Our wedding turned out to be a beautiful day and everything that was in our control was handled and buttoned-up by Liz. Her investment to us and the event meant so much. We have already recommended her to a friend and will not hesitate to do so in the future.

Sent on 06/18/2018

J · Married on 05/16/2018

Liz is organized, professional, responsive, and enthusiastic. We would highly recommend her services and really think she was the perfect person to help us finalize our wedding plans.

Sent on 05/16/2018

AC · Married on 04/28/2018

Hiring Something New Events as our month-of coordinator was the BEST decision we made!! We had a lot of moving parts for our all-day, fusion Christian-Hindu wedding and Liz was the #1 reason why we were able to make it all work. From communicating with vendors in the weeks before the wedding, to making last-minute decisions, rehearsing with the bridal party, and anticipating potential issues along the way, Liz had it all under control and our families and we were consistently amazed with her organization, poise, and professionalism, not to mention her calm demeanor which was (thankfully!) contagious. Liz even spent time with us long before her month-of duties technically started, including helping us find other vendors and attending our tasting and taking notes. She also didn't bat an eye when our small number of hotel welcome bags we asked her to deliver to 4 different hotels turned out to be a huge number of very large bags that needed to be delivered to specific guests (it was an Indian wedding, what can I say). She and her assistant somehow also managed to run back and forth throughout the day between our hotel and the venue--picking up/dropping off outfit changes, decor, etc--without missing any key details. Totally agree with the other reviewers who say she is worth MUCH more than what she charges. Do yourself a favor and hire SNE for your wedding!!

Sent on 05/06/2018

Kylie · Married on 04/14/2018

Liz was absolutely, hands down a life saver. She is very knowledgeable, incredibly nice, and she gets the job done. She took care of all the last minute details, kept me involved and updated, and was just an overall awesome person to work with. I always felt comfortable asking her questions or giving her the freedom to do what she though was best. Our wedding ran so smoothly because of her. She took my extremely vague decoration descriptions and made everything look beautiful! Book her now!!

Sent on 04/28/2018

Bonnie · Married on 04/07/2018

Who would have thought that there would be snow during an April wedding? Not us... and of course our ceremony was supposed to be outside and our reception was under a covered pavilion. Liz was amazing and helped us to come up with a back-up plan well in advance as she kept an eye on the weather weeks before the big day. A few days before the wedding, Liz even stopped by to help transport some of the things we would need at the venue. Liz was patient and very responsive throughout the entire process with a few challenges that we faced before and during our wedding. We did not have a long list of vendors because we were so blessed to have very talented friends and family who were willing to help us out for the big day. Even so, Liz reached out to everyone who played crucial roles and made sure that everyone knew what to expect and when. On the day of, she worked with the team of people from our venue and my family to decorate and we (the bride and groom) never had to worry about what the ceremony site would look like when we walked down the aisle. During the reception, Liz worked with our DJ to stick to our timeline as well as she could and transported all of our gifts to a safe place without us ever having to ask. Overall, Liz was super helpful and worth every penny and more!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Emily · Married on 11/04/2017

Liz Is amazing! She helped us with everything possible and our day wouldn't of been as perfect without her! :)

Sent on 11/07/2017

Jess · Married on 10/22/2017

I cannot say enough about how phenomenal Liz was as our day-of-planner!! We are still on Cloud 9 about how perfect our wedding went and we could seriously not have pulled it off without her. She stepped in several weeks before our event, contacted and confirmed with all of our vendors. She really took charge and put both of our minds at ease. She is super prompt and quick with responding, anytime I had a question, I could contact her and I would have an answer within minutes, no matter the time of day. The day of our wedding, she was literally a mind-reader. She knew exactly what I needed even before I asked her and had everything taken care of. Not to mention, how incredibly calm she is. She also came out to our house and picked up all of our decor and extra stuff the week of the wedding, and then after it was over, took home all of our stuff, cards and gifts and brought it to our house. She is a true professional and you can tell that she gets joy out of making peoples wedding visions come true. We think she is literally worth at least 3 times what she charged and could not be happier that we chose to have Liz help to make our day so special, unforgettable and perfect. Thank you for everything Liz!

Sent on 11/03/2017

N. · Married on 10/14/2017

Liz was absolutely amazing. My wife and I never got stressed in the weeks leading up to the wedding or during the wedding itself and that is in large part due to Liz. She was prompt in her communication, reminded us of deadlines, and ensured our vision was carried out. It was just amazing. She really lightened our load by being in touch with all the other vendors so we could focus on just getting married to each other! I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Kristie · Married on 09/16/2017

I can't imagine my day going so smoothly without Liz. I felt immediate stress relief as soon as Liz entered the picture. She communicated with every vendor and made sure everyone had the same wedding day schedule.

Sent on 09/26/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/01/2017

Many couples debate whether they should hire a wedding coordinator; do yourselves a HUGE favor and grab Liz Arline while you can!! A good wedding coordinator will put you at ease, a GREAT coordinator like Liz, will remove every worry and anxiety from your mind. From day one, Liz was professional, amiable and organized; she was in constant contact with all of our vendors and made sure everyone was on point. She was receptive and responsive to all of our inquiries and always replied professionally and promptly. The peace of mind she provided by being the “go-to” person on our wedding day was invaluable!! Give yourself a pre-wedding gift and hire Liz Arline!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

I couldn't have done this without Liz. Of all the crazy amount of money you spend on the wedding, no one should do this without someone like Liz helping them. She was fabulous. Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/25/2017

Maegan · Married on 05/13/2017

If I could give one piece of advice to couples getting married it would be to hire a planner, and more specifically hire Liz and Something New Events! I interviewed several companies and never felt sure, but from the moment my husband and I sat down with Liz we knew we needed her on our vendor team. I needed someone professional, calm, and decisive. She is all of those things. Two days before our wedding the weather meant we had to make changes that impacted almost every other vendor. Liz coordinated seamlessly behind the scenes and I was able to focus on the fun stuff, getting married! She took time to understand our vision then executed it perfectly.

Sent on 05/18/2017

Kim · Married on 05/13/2017

Liz is exceptional. The Tuesday before the wedding she came and took over all aspects of the wedding planning and vendor interaction. She enabled us to completely enjoy the wedding and focus on my daughter's. Liz took care of all the issues so we didn't even know they occurred! Having Liz as our planning allowed us to have so much fun. I would highly recommend Liz to every bride and family!

Sent on 05/18/2017