Social Scene LLC Reviews

31 | Arlington, VA

31 Reviews for Social Scene LLC

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Arlene · Married on 08/26/2017

As the mother of the bride, I have to say Sara Franklin is amazing. This is the second time I have used Sara and it was like working with an old friend. She recommended all the vendors which made our life so easy because we trusted her choices completely. She did all the leg work and communication with the vendors and was in on all the decisions. She always had wonderful suggestions. The day of the wedding, she took care of everything. I didn't have to think, I could just enjoy a very special day thanks to Sara. It will be the best money you spend!!!!!!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Alexis · Married on 09/10/2016

Sara and her team recently planned our wedding, which included a ceremony, lunch, and large evening party (so more than your typical 2 events). I hired her to do part-time and day-of planning. I knew Sara would be great from our very first phone call. She is assertive, very knowledge, not afraid to pipe in to ask the right questions, but also listened intently to our ideas and worked to make them happen - striking the perfect balance and in turn being a lifesaver to my fiancé and I during our wedding planning and the day of our wedding. I cannot thank Sara enough for all of the help and insight she provided during the planning process. Once she had our thoughts on a décor, music, etc., she would communicate directly with the vendor to make it happen, relieving us from a lot of the planning nitty-gritty. On the day of, Sara and her assistant, Missy, ran the show. Jordan and I never once had to think about timing or what was coming up next. I found myself saying more than once to someone asking when the speeches were or when we were cutting the cake, "I'm not sure, but Sara knows, she's find us when it's time." It allowed my fiancé and I to truly enjoy our day and not worry about anything but having a good time with our friends and family. Just have an initial meeting with Sara and you'll know she'll be great :)

Sent on 09/26/2016

I have no idea what I would have done without Sara Franklin from Social Scene as my wedding planner!! She made my Mom and I feel like we could completely enjoy the wedding and not worry about any of the details because she was on top of them all! Highly recommend her!! So much fun to work with as well!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Jeanmarie · Married on 12/21/2013

I engaged Sara Franklin, owner of Social Scene, for my daughter's wedding as "day of" coordinator. It was the best decision I ever made!! Initially I debated spending additional money for this service since I have some personal & professional experience planning events, but I can honestly say not only is Sara worth every single penny, I could not have made it through the day without her and her incredible team! Future brides & mother of brides, do yourself a huge favor and hire Sara Franklin. She is professional, resourceful, personable, unflappable, responsive, accommodating and simply delightful to work with. Besides the invoice & timeline preparation, rehearsal & overall vendor coordination and finding me the Perfect linens I was seeking, Sara and her team; tied my church bows on the pews, placed poinsettia plants on alter, pinned boutonnieres, herded over 100 guests into buses & limos, hung custom wreaths & mirrors, set up luminaries, table decorations, cigar bar, amenity basket, fireplace candles, hung over 100 hand-painted ornaments on Christmas tree, and bustled my daughters gown. These are just some of the "day of" services provided as they really went above and beyond to help make my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Lilli · Married on 10/13/2013

Sara Franklin exceeded all expectations. She is a superior planner and literally turned whatever dreams I had of what my wedding day would be into reality. She was on top of everything throughout the whole process and was able to perfectly execute our vision. I can't say enough good things about her.

Sent on 01/19/2014

Sara did an awesome job with our wedding! She was easy to work with and had great ideas for the reception. She also took care of all the tiny deals the day of and made it so I could enjoy everything without worry.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2012

Social Scene Events Makes Your Wedding Stress-Free!!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Kate · Married on 09/01/2012

Sara Franklin and Social Scene MADE my wedding. Her attention to detail, patience, and amazing vendor contacts allowed me to enjoy the process without worrying about a thing. And then, on the big day, I could not have been more thrilled. Everything ran seemlessly and the design she helped us with at our venue was jaw-dropping gorgeous. I may throw another party just for the chance to work with Sara and Social Scene again!

Sent on 11/02/2012
  • Roxana

Roxana · Married on 09/24/2011

Sara was AMAZZZINGG!!! My wedding turned out to be perfect and I can't imagine having planned it without Sara's input on every decision I made. Sara was very responsive, professional, and best of all, lots of fun to work with! Not to mention all the money she saved me by knowing the best vendors.. I highly recommend Sara Franklin to anyone who is planning a wedding!!

Sent on 10/20/2011

Kelsey · Married on 09/04/2011

As soon as my husband and I met with Sara we knew she would be perfect to be our wedding co-ordinator. From the beginning she really understood our vision. Throughout the entire planning process, Sara went above and beyond and truly delivered exceptional service. Her patience with my enormous family, attention to detail, and appreciation for all the hard work we put into our wedding really secured our feeling that we were so lucky she was a part of our wedding day. Sara was amazing to work with and helped us have the perfect wedding! Like my mom kept saying "I don't know what we would have done without her!".

Sent on 10/06/2011

Becky · Married on 06/25/2011

I only wish I was allowed to give more than five stars! We worked with Jessica Lynn Mann from Social Scene for "day of" coordination. In the months leading up to the wedding, Jessica went completely above and beyond to ensure that our wedding went off without a hitch.

I cannot emphasize enough how many challenges our wedding presented- a disorganized bride and groom, complicated family dynamics, a large wedding party, a completely written-from-scratch ceremony, an outdoor venue, vendors and family members with strong opinions, and last minute changes to everything from seating to tents. Jessica handled everything with unbelievable grace, remaining calm and keeping me calm as well. Both my mother and mother-in-law thought she was fantastic. My husband and I don't know how the wedding could have come together without her. Everything was totally seamless. Hiring Jessica was the best decision ever.

Sent on 07/14/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/30/2011

Sara was the best wedding planner we could have imagined. She is very energetic and fun, and incredibly skilled at what she does. She has brilliant ideas when you ask for them, yet never pushes you to chose something that you don't want. She adapts to your style and your attitude and will assist you in allowing your wedding to reflect who you are as a couple. Sara was a huge help on our wedding weekend. She took care of all of the last minute coordinating so that I was completely relaxed and in the moment. My wedding day would never have been the same without her. I give her my highest recommendation.

Sent on 06/08/2011

Deborah · Married on 06/12/2010

I had a wonderful experience with Social Scene LLC. Sara Franklin insured that I had a wonderful, and most importantly, stress-free wedding day. She was organized, prompt and always an advocate for what I wanted. She was patient with me but firm with my vendors. I highly recommend her to every bride.

Sent on 06/18/2010

Lindsay · Married on 05/22/2010

We could not have had a better team putting together our wedding. They were professional, prompt, hard working and reasonable. I did not worry about any of the planning. All I had to worry about was getting myself prepared for the big day.

I would recommend Sara Franklin to anyone that asked.

Sent on 07/07/2010
  • W

Wien · Married on 05/15/2010

Sara Franklin of Social Scene is amazing! Sara was my day-of-planner for my wedding and I am so happy I chose her to help me. She was so organized, helpful, and just overall fantastic. My wedding, both the ceremony and the reception, was perfect because she was there to coordinate everything. I trusted her with the whole thing and I knew that the day would flow smoothly because I put her in charge. I would recommend her to any bride because she made my day stress-free.

Sent on 06/28/2010

Akofa · Married on 04/24/2010

Sara was Awesome! She was all that I expected and more. I really had no idea where to start when it came to vendors but that was no problem because I found Sara. She knows so many great vendors in the Washington DC area and she always kept price in mind. She sent me to vendors that were very professional, within my budget and they made my wedding a spectacular event! Sara is also very easy to talk to and had great ideas. She asked all the right questions which helped me make the right decisions for myself. It has been almost two weeks since my wedding and our guest are still calling to compliment us on how smoothly everything went. We just tell them "it was all because of Sara"!

Sent on 05/06/2010

Katie · Married on 04/17/2010

Sara is amazing! She helped us plan our wedding on April 17, 2010. We started working with Sara in the summer of 2009, and our wedding would not have been such a success without her. Her extensive contact list and professional and positive attitude were incredible. Sara was able to help my now husband, my family and me select everything from the reception site to the photographer to the flowers to make-up and hair.
    She was able to visualize what I wanted for my wedding day and make it a reality. Sara was always there to answer any questions and to relieve any of my worries about such an important event in my life.
    The day of, Sara and her team made everything go off without a hitch. Sara provided us with an extremely comprehensive timeline which alleviated any anxiety we had about the wedding schedule. If there was a problem at the wedding, I had no idea because the planners were able to remedy anything that arose.
    I am forever indebtted to thier services and would highly recommend Social Scene Events to ANYONE with event needs.

Sent on 04/23/2010

ellen · Married on 04/17/2010

Jennifer Jorgenson, from Social Scene was such a pleasure to work with. As a out of state bride she made the entire planning process so easy and stress free. She also did it with wit, charm and total professionalism. It felt like a very dear friend was planning my special day!

Sent on 04/26/2010

Cathy · Married on 09/26/2009

Sara is an amazing wedding planner. From the second I selected her I felt more calm about the wedding planning process. She was always professional and very helpful on every aspect of the wedding. On the day of the wedding I don't know what I would have done without her. She made everything go very smoothly and she was dealt some major curves when it poured rain and when my cake fell prior to the reception. She is the only reason I was able to stay calm since I knew it would be okay and she would take care of it and she did. She and her assistant were running around DC picking me up from my hotel in her car and picking up new cakes at the grocery store. She kept the whole day running on time and was great at organizing all my other vendors. I can't imagine my wedding without her. My tough to please Mom thought she was worth double what we paid her. I can't say enough amazing things about her and would recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 10/09/2009

Mindy · Married on 08/02/2009

Sara was great, we used her as our day-of coordinator, but she met with us a month out and took care of the timeline for the wedding and many other details. She was professional and informative, always responding immediately to my calls and e-mails. I would definitely recommend Sara.

Sent on 08/06/2009

Gail · Married on 07/18/2009

Sara was a pleasure to work with and handled many things we never even thought of! She was especially helpful in arranging some complicated transportation which worked perfectly. Everything the day of the wedding went smoothly and really helped us all enjoy this very special day. I could not recommend her more highly. Not only is she highly professional, she has a great sense of humor!

Sent on 02/02/2010

Jen · Married on 06/27/2009

We used Sara as a "day of coordinator," but she provided much more than just "day of service." She met with us about a month out, and made us feel so confident about how the wedding day would play out. We were able to enjoy our wedding day knowing that everything would run smoothly with Sara as our planner. She is extremely energetic, passionate, meticulous, and professional. I highly recommend Sara and could not have imagined having our wedding without her.

Sent on 08/16/2009

Nisha · Married on 06/07/2009

Sara and the rest of her team are amazing! She made my wedding so much easier and would work with her over and over again! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Jennifer · Married on 02/28/2009

I can honestly say that the best decision of the entire planning process was the decision to work with Social Scenes. I cannot imagine how everything, from suggestions on other venders, to the timeline to the day of assistance and 8 million details-- Sara was invaluable. Sara truly made our wedding day the funnest and best days of our lives. Thanks, Sara!

Sent on 03/26/2009

Christine · Married on 06/28/2008

We hired Sara for "day of" coordination and she was such a great asset to the entire process. She asked questions and thought of things I would never think of during the planning. She made the last month so easy for me and my parents. We were thrilled with her service and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a stress free weekend. My parents and I were able to relax and completely enjoy the weekend knowing that Sara was handling all the little details behind the scenes.

Sent on 07/24/2008