101 Reviews for HJ Planners

Full Planning (1)
Partial Planning (1)
Cultural (1)
99 HJ Planners Reviews

I wish I could give Stephanie more than 5 stars. She gave me absolute peace of mind, which is a lot to say. Stephanie was extremely quick to respond to messages and handle any and all correspondence I got overwhelmed with (I.E. catering). Stephanie is extremely organized and took all of our personal preferences into account. We had a very untraditional wedding with a difficult transition from ceremony to reception, but she handled it without breaking a sweat. At one point, one of our guests started pulling on a lighting pole. As I started to see it fall (it would bring down all the others), her hand jutted out and grabbed it. This woman is essentially Superman.

The moment I put down the deposit for HJ Planners, I slept soundly for the first time in days. She brought everything back to our home from the wedding to ensure we had everything we brought to the venue and I don't think I saw her sit down once. The insane talent, attention to detail, and passion she has towards her work is unparalleled. Do yourself a favor, this is the best vendor you will hire for your wedding.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Cultural, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Stephanie Kincaid helped us put together our 150 guest wedding at Woodend Sanctuary last fall. We were planning remotely from Chicago so we needed someone who was local and had a lot of experience at Woodend. The timeline was really tight but Stephanie ensured everything went off without a hitch! It was such a special day and we are so grateful to Stephanie for everything!!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Stephanie is amazing! I couldn't have better things to say about working with her and her team. Throughout the planning process, Stephanie was attentive, organized and resourceful.
On our wedding day, I knew I had absolutely nothing to stress about because Stephanie and her team were on it. Every little detail, every step of the way. I couldn't have asked for a better planner, and am so grateful that we picked her to help us throughout our wedding planning.
I would recommend Stephanie and her team to absolutely anyone!

Profile Picture ana, 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

If this guys around you you have to be relax because they will organize everything for you !

Profile Picture Karley , 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Stephanie from HJ planners after we had a few miscommunications with our venue during the planning process. She provided the "day-of" coordination for our wedding, which I was happy to learn actually involved planning for the thirty days leading up to the big day. From the moment I had our first phone consultation, Stephanie was a calming presence. I felt very assured that she had things under control and that she would be sure that our wishes would be the way of the day. She worked very well with our venue, which was actually one she had not worked at before. During our walk-thru, she asked questions I would have never even thought to consider and made sure that I articulated my long list of wishes (so I didn't forget anything). She was incredibly responsive to all of my (many, MANY) emails, and the entire time, she was reassuring, calm, and professional. I began to think of her as my "zen", haha!

The day of the wedding, she and her entire team of assistants were friendly, professional, and experienced. My parents and I have discussed in the weeks since the wedding how hiring Stephanie was probably one of our best decisions in the wedding planning process because on the day of the wedding, she handled everything--we didn't have to answer questions, offer directions, or anything. We just relaxed and enjoyed ourselves, and everything went off without a hitch! Big thanks to Stephanie for everything!

Profile Picture Erica, 5/7/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

We really can't speak enough about HJ Planners. We booked a great set of vendors, but our event would not have come together they way it did without Jess helping us throughout the process. We utilized HJ Planners for their month of service, and they were awesome everyday that we worked with them. Even before their services officially started Jess provided insight, and recommendations for vendors that we should consider. Our wedding was initially booked on the Saturday of Snowstorm Jonas, but after discussing with the venue's coordinator and Jess, we decided to move our wedding to Friday. When we made that decision, Jess was on top of contacting each of our vendors to confirm they could adjust[, and gave us updates VERY quickly. With all the stress of making that decision, and informing all of our guests, Jess handled all the details on that side of things, it was a big relief to not have to deal with that. Jess kept calm, and reassured us that we were making the best decision. With the given situation; we definitely needed a cheerleader. During our rehearsal, we discussed adjusting the time of our event to an earlier time to accommodate the storm's strength. Jess was once again on top of contacting all vendors to confirm that they can make this new adjustment. Jess was able to work on the fly with all the changes that arose.

The day arrived, everybody had an amazing time, Jess & Heather were great! We ended up having to end the wedding a little earlier due to the storm picking up, Heather & Jess coordinated the transfer of some materials back to our hotel.

Heather & Jess were an integral part in the success of our wedding. While it was very stressful right before, it made for an extremely memorable event for everybody who attended. Jess and Heather were incredible to work with, and we feel very lucky to of had them as our planners.

Profile Picture Aaron , 1/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My wife and I can sincerely and without reservation recommend Jess George and everyone at HJ Planners. Looking back at the process its very clear that Jess represented the perfect balance between professionalism and emotional investment. She obviously cares a great deal about her work but at the same time remains calm and incredibly organized throughout the whole process. Jess helped guide us through all the big decisions as well as handled the minutia that would have been overwhelming had we not had her help. There are countless things that Jess did for us but to name a few she: recommended an incredible cast of vendors, helped manage expectations vs budgets, translated our preferences and themes into actual concepts, was responsive & pragmatic and was a pleasure to work with.

We were really happy with the whole process but in retrospect one thing about Jess really stands out. She has a knack for adapting. There is a learning curve in getting to know clients and everyone doesn't start off on the same page or with the same expectations but Jess took the time to understand our communication styles and our priorities so that as we went through the planning process things actually got easier and better as opposed to more complicated and stressful, as we might have imagined.

Jess is a consummate pro and, now, a friend. We wish her the best with future clients and happily recommend her services.

Profile Picture Alec & Ellyn, 11/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, To-Do Lists, Referrals

We used the month of planning package. Stephanie was very professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. We had contracted most of our vendors already, but she reviewed details, made suggestions, helped me arrange the transportation, created a timeline, and coordinated the rehearsal. On the day of the wedding, I felt comfortable that everything was organized and running as planned, so I could relax and enjoy my daughter's wedding, which was the goal!

Profile Picture User5545779, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with HJ Planners in planning our wedding was arguably the best decision we made in the entire process. From the start, Heather and Jessica were extremely responsive to our initial inquiries, offering fantastic advice and insights from their years of experience in wedding planning. We selected their month-of package, and several weeks before our wedding, we were told we'd be working with Stephanie Kincaid, who would be our primary point of contact from then until (and at) our wedding. I can't say enough good things about Stephanie. She is sharp, professional, and extremely detail-oriented. She developed minute-by-minute timelines for the entire day, which allowed our vendors and us to think through everything that was needed and would happen that day. She was so patient with all of the changes that needed to be made, and would send an updated timeline every couple of days. Because of the careful planning that was done in advance, there was almost nothing for me to do in the couple of days leading up to the wedding. On the day of the wedding, Stephanie was there the entire time along with Kara (who is delightful!). Heather (the owner of HJ Planners) was there for a while in the beginning as well, which was unexpected and very much appreciated. And Stephanie and Kara did such a fantastic job, I had no stress on the wedding day itself. They are easy to be around, professional and efficient. I would recommend them highly to anyone!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Could not have been more satisfied with Kara as our planner. We met with Kara 1 month out and she created a fabulous timeline, reached out to all of our vendors and just made the entire wedding perfect. I can honestly say that I don't remember having one concern the day of my wedding. I just enjoyed the perfect day. If I needed anything, Kara was right there. We got SO many compliments from all of our guests about her. They all started with "Normally, planners are always running around and pushy, but I LOVED your planner..." I honestly don't know what we would've done without her.

Profile Picture User5630886, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

It was such a joy to work with Heather & Jess! Thank you for making our big day as magical & wonderful as we hoped it would be - It would not have been so perfect without your help! I will recommend HJ Planners to all of my friends & family for years to come.

Profile Picture Marina, 9/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I worked with Kara as a Day-of planner. She was fantastic. I highly recommend getting a Day-of person. I had meticulously planned my wedding, and really needed someone to execute on the day. Although my wedding was medium sized (~50 people) it was still worth it to have a Day-of. Believe me, there is a lot going on during a wedding that you just don't even know about, and someone needs to be there to handle it. Kara was professional, prepared and very friendly. Also, HJ Planners worked with me and my unique needs, and we negotiated a price based on the size/needs of my wedding.

Tip: If you have other wedding weekend events (like a welcome reception the day before, like I did), I recommend hiring them for that too. My only regret is not hiring them for the whole weekend. It would have made everything go even smoother.

Profile Picture User6515827, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord.

I can't say enough about Jess George at HJ Planners. She connected us with amazing vendors who totally understood our style and taste and led us through every step of the planning process so professionally. When it came to the actual wedding day, everything from flowers to music to band was WAY above and beyond what I every imagined. Jess was the best - hands down.

Profile Picture Judith, 5/9/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Heather is one of the best decisions we made. I can't say enough about what she brought to the wedding. She's worth every penny we spent on her. Actually, she saved us money in the long run with her excellent contacts. She polished our event into a most wonderful day. We could not have had it so perfect without her.

Profile Picture User4950930, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Heather is simply amazing! She had the answers for problems I didn't even see coming. She stays calm, and kept me calm, throughout the whole process (like needing a new photographer 1 month before). She really takes the time to understand what you envision, and then she makes it happen! She's just the best

Profile Picture User4426580, 2+ years ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

First of all, this review is long overdue. I got married nearly eight months ago and I often think back to my big day, about to walk down the aisle, and realizing I needed deodorant. I looked to Jess and asked her to grab the spray one from the basket in the bathroom and without missing a step she dashed away and was back in a flash and discreet as ever.

That is HJ Planners - flexible, responsive, caring, and professional. I can't say enough about how much myself and my fiance resist spending money on things that are hard to quantify but how do you put a price on a stress-free wedding day? As a person who has trouble being "in the moment" because I'm stressed about the next moment, it became clear I wouldn't enjoy the day unless I had someone I could trust handling all the details.

From sitting with Heather Sala (the owner) and her taking the time to talk me through their process and all of my concerns, to Jess handling three different timelines so that I could hide a surprise from my husband and my best friend could hide a surprise from the both of us, to seamlessly blending into the background and everything going off without a hitch.

They had fantastic recommendations for vendors - band, photographer, hair and makeup, invitations, and venues. To say it simply, I would have been lost without them. I hadd them for the month of/day of package and when that 30 day mark hit I was ready to hand it over to them and they were hey were able to adeptly handle multiple personalities, schedules, and the special touches.

They are the best and are a wedding budget essential. I can't say enough wonderful things about them. My wedding would not have been as wonderful and light-hearted had they not been there. Thank you all, especially Jess, for allowing me to be "in the moment" every moment of my day!

Profile Picture User5149219, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Heather was simply spectacular. She was very patient and so helpful with all of the planning for my daughter's wedding. She made us very comfortable at the rehearsal in preparations for the actual wedding service and reception. She was magical on my daughter's big day paying attention to every detail, assisting with the entrees to make sure individuals received correct meals and etc. I will always be grateful for Heather and her team's efforts that gave our daughter, family and friends a day to cherish for the remainder of our lives. I highly recommend her to others as a wedding planner. Heather thanks again.

Profile Picture Kenneth, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

During my wedding planning process, I was in the middle of completing my graduate degree and writing a thesis. I was afraid that my wedding was not going to be what I had envisioned because I would be to busy with school. HJ planners made me feel comfortable from the first meeting. The moment I met Heather I knew everything would be ok. Maria was great thoghout the whole process and recommended the vendors that best suited my wedding vision and budget. She was able to find a way to please every wish and special request I had for my wedding. My wedding was awesome, everything I dreamt of and more. More important, I was stress free and able to enjoy the whole night because Maria and Heather took care of everything. Hiring HJ Planners was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding.

Profile Picture Alba, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

HJ Planners were fantastic!! We had the amazing Ms Jessica George lead our wedding planning and Heather Sala helped keep an eye on things as well. Neither my wife nor I knew what we were doing and Jess did just enough handholding to make us comfortable with the process. She made sure that we stayed on budget and on schedule and even helped incorporate our parents in the planning.. going the extra mile in a big way! ;)

I have already and will continue to recommend HJ Planners to my friends and family.

Thanks Ladies!

Profile Picture Brian, 7/26/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I am from Germany and wanted to plan a renewal of vow. Heather did a very customized planning support.
She helped me with the deposits, the international payment and all the things like the correct tip amount where the internationals may not be used to it. She had an extrem view on the budget I gave her and send me a warning if my extra wishes exceed the budget. So it was up to me to decide.
She arranged my extraordinary wishes like a renewal with the Capitol in the background, a ride with a horse-drawn carriage downtown Washington D.C. or german background music.
She organized all on an exact timeline with military accuracy. She was alway working in the background and seems to have a plan B for unforseen circumstances.
One of the contractors was unable to fullfil his part so Heather took the helm.
She did it in a professional way my wife didn't realized.
So everything keeped to be a suprise for my wife!

Thank you HJ Planners!
Daniel

Profile Picture User4295710, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My now husband and I are relatively new to the D.C. area and it was important for us to work with a wedding planner who had contacts with and knew the ins-and-outs of good venues and vendors. We met with Heather about two years before our wedding date and we quickly decided to work with Heather and her team. Looking back at the wedding process and fully digesting the time, patience, and organization required to coordinate a beautiful wedding, we could not have imagined accomplishing this daunting task without Heather and her team.

Heather and her team were very flexible and accommodating with our busy work schedules. With respect to the very few issues we had with any vendor, Heather stepped-up and was able to work with us and the vendor to smooth out any bumps we encountered on the road to planning a successful and lovely wedding.

We are so grateful and appreciative of Heather and her team's efforts in making our wedding a wonderful and memorable time for everyone involved. Heather was very responsive via email, telephone, and text messages at almost any time, day and night. Our wedding was absolutely gorgeous and we cannot be happier with how it turned out. We are very thankful for Heather and her team's services in helping us plan our wedding.

Profile Picture Myomi, 6/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kha and Heather were great to work with. They took the stress off my mother and I so we could enjoy the day. They coordinately my 200 person wedding flawlessly. I would definitely recommend working with them. They were worth every penny!

Profile Picture User3620638, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Jess George is, to sort by qualities:

1) unshakeable - there was a time when we thought we had to divide our wedding in two, and have family on one date, and friends on another. She didn't even blanch, but supported us and was ready for all that it would entail -
2) absurdly capable - she can do, (and does), it all - we described our vision and she shaped a wedding for us, exactly as we wanted it - my husband wanted an absurdity for late-June in Maryland - an ice cream cake, OUTSIDE! Jess pulled it off without blinking.
3) warm and a great pleasure to be with - my husband and I were not always excited to be doing wedding things, but we were always excited to interact and converse with Jess. She made us laugh and smile and really became a surrogate family member as we moved towards the wedding day (and especially on the day, we loved her the most!)
4) professional / trustworthy - Jess will do everything she says she will. And it will be better than you could imagine!
5) appropriately frugal / reasonable - she got us superb vendors for a reasonable price!

Some highlights of Jess's work for us:

- Being amateurs / unsure of how we wanted the tent to look, we let Jess guide us - and the tent was an absurdly beautiful palace of perfection against the Bay backdrop (we got married on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, at a private home) -
- I changed my mind the day before the wedding about a major feature of the timeline, and Jess was unflappably supportive and super-fast and perfect at arranging the change.
- As she left the wedding site, well past 1 a.m., she rescued our dog, who was running after her car - and brought him back to us. If we had lost him, we would have never recovered.

We loved Jess entirely. She understood us, delivered for us, forgave us, supported us, and made the whole thing fun, and BEAUTIFUL. She, I am entirely confident, will deliver a beautiful wedding for every sort of couple. HIRE HER! We love Jess forever!

Profile Picture User3793838, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you want someone that will work with vendors like they are using their own check book and keep you more informed more than you may want to be, these are the people to call. We gave Heather a budget and she keep us abreast of where we were every step of the way. She made my daughters wedding day appear effortless (at least from my perspective) even though there were to many details to mention. The wedding was more than I could have ever imagined but if you don't believe me check out the link below. Heather also helped us find the photographer.
Sincerely,

Wayne VanBrocklin

Profile Picture Wayne, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Professional, responsive, caring, understanding, definite, organized, sympathetic, confident, and true quality are just a few ways to describe Heather Sala and HJ Planners. My husband and I spoke with a variety of wedding planners but when we met Heather, almost a year ago today, we knew we had found the one who expressed her vision of our wedding exactly as we wanted it. However, we didn't know that we were finding not only the best planner for our special day, but we also made an incredible friend. Heather was organized, responsive, and had great options within our budget throughout the entire process. We picked the full planning package and it was worth EVERY penny.

We really appreciated the timelines and checklists and that HJ Planners kept us from searching endless lists of vendors but offered us the best available within our budget and would immediately get additional vendors if we were not finding what we wanted (i.e., I wasn't crazy with my initial hair/makeup trial and Heather had another vendor at my house in less than a week!). We had a lot of bumps along the way with our venue but HJ Planners handled all the contracts with professionalism and the end result was incredible.

Our wedding was BEYOND anything we could have dreamt of and we owe it to the amazing efforts HJ Planners, especially Heather Sala. If you are looking for a wedding planner in the DC/VA/MD area, choose HJ Planners. You will have a wedding more incredible than you can even imagine and they are able to accommodate for a variety of budgets, variety of degrees of planning (i.e., day of/full planning/partial planning), and they build on YOUR vision. We never felt that our ideas and suggestions weren't received. Thank you HJ Planners for your incredible expertise and for making our special day absolutely unforgettable and a special thank you to our amazing new friend, Heather Sala!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/14/14, 7 Reviews