Engaging Affairs Reviews

48 | Washington, DC

48 Reviews for Engaging Affairs

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Corinna · Married on 10/22/2017

Amanda McCabe of Engaging Affairs made my dream wedding a reality. I had some very...specific...ideas for what I wanted for my wedding and Amanda helped me shape those random thoughts into a cohesive vision. She was honest with me (if an idea did not fit the theme or budget, she told me) and kept me focused on the tasks we needed to accomplish leading up to the wedding day.
    If you are a Type-A person (like myself), it can be difficult to trust someone else to take the lead for recommendations and wedding planning. Please believe that if you relax, and trust in Amanda's recommendations, you will have the Best Wedding Ever! She has amazing contacts in the industry (i.e., she knows everyone worth knowing) and the vendors she works with on a regular basis know how to work as a team. This is incredibly important on the day of your wedding, when you need to see everything coming together in a very smooth way.
    So many guests have told me that our wedding was the best they have ever attended. We owe much of the success of that day to Amanda and her two wonderful assistants. Thank you!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Theresa · Married on 05/28/2016

Working with Christine was an excellent experience. She is focused, responsive and had great suggestions when asked for good vendors. Christine is very professional and at ease with all of the vendors that we selected. The wedding went off without a hitch and I attribute that to Christine's attention to detail. She created a great timeline that gave us confidence that everything was thought through beforehand. She is very pleasant and easy to work with. I'd recommend Engaging Affairs to anyone.

Sent on 06/03/2016

Cassie · Married on 09/19/2015

My husband proposed in April of 2015 and we planned to be married 5 months later, in September of 2015. I knew with this short time frame, we needed a planner! I decided to check with my dear friend Google to see if he knew of a good wedding planner. I found 3 or 4 options and sent out an email to all, a couple responses consisted of the generic automated kick back email. I was pleasantly surprised when I listened to my first (of many) voicemails from Grace. She sounded so sweet, organized, and ready to get started. It was this initial contact that really made me feel like this company cared to make a good first impression and we set up the interview.
    Our first meeting with Grace was wonderful, she left us feeling confident that we could really plan and execute the wedding we wanted within our short time frame. From that day on, Grace worked diligently. She quickly gained an understanding of our likes and dislikes, which is so important when using a planner. She was able to weed out and narrow down my options without me always being there to offer input. I spoke with Grace on a daily basis, she was always updating, asking questions, or simply wishing me a good day! She set up all of the meetings, always arriving early to ensure the vendors were prepared. Grace has incredible taste and always provided her feedback in regards to staying with the style/decor I wanted. Needless to say, sometimes she knew what I wanted better than I did! She really did handle it all, leaving the fun parts for Vince and I to enjoy.
    Grace is not only an incredible planner, she is kind, genuine, and honest. She quickly became a dear friend, a few tears were definitely shed at the end of the wedding day. Your wedding day is such a special and intimate moment, it was ideal having someone that you feel close with running the show. I gained a lifetime friend.
    Would recommend Engaging Affairs & Grace if you want a 5 star planner!

Sent on 01/20/2016

We hired Christine for partial wedding planning. She's incredible! She offers outstanding customer service, insightful advice, and impressive vendor contacts. Throughout the entire planning process (which ended up being 2 years!), she consistently exceeded our expectations. We were delighted she had so much experience when it came to wedding logistics, and she was tactful and diplomatic about steering us toward the best decisions. She always responded to all of our questions promptly and thoroughly. Christine is calm, creative, professional and really a pleasure to work with. The day turned out exactly as we imagined! If you are considering her for your event, hire her and I promise you it will be one of the best wedding decisions you'll make! Many thanks, Christine!! -- K & M

Sent on 07/07/2015

K · Married on 05/24/2015

Christine Godsey was amazing from Day One. She made wedding planning such a fun experience and truly helped bring my dream wedding to life. She's extremely responsive. She always provided very helpful and thoughtful feedback. She's also extremely organized and a blast to work with! We had a big Indian wedding over a holiday weekend - lots of balls in the air! Christine and her lovely team managed the events wonderfully, going above and beyond to make the wedding perfect. I can't wait to work with her on another event someday! She's the best!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/02/2015

Oh man, where do I even BEGIN. Christine Godsey is AMAZING. She is SO on top of things and also a pleasure to work with. I chose the partial planning package and it was perfect. She provided with me vendor recommendations, timelines, and assisted with communication with certain vendors. I work full time and often work long hours - my wedding would not have turned out the way it did but for her assistance.

Christine constantly made me feel like I was her only client. Obviously, she has other brides and details to keep track of, but it always felt like I was the only one - she remembered all of the random (and sometimes crazy) details I would come up with and always promptly responded to my emails (and recalled random thoughts I had months ago). She would listen to what I said and offer helpful suggestions on how to make my vision a reality.

And then the day of! What a spectacular event! It ran so smoothly and felt stress- and effort-less free (for me at least) and that is all I wanted. She did a great job handling all of the families and personalities and took care of everything. Also - I wanted a little bit of a different wedding - hippie, phish, tie-dyed, but at the same time, classic and romantic (totally simple, right?). Although I was probably her first bride to request a tie-dyed cake, she made it all happen. I walked in the day of the wedding and all of my thoughts and visions were there, in reality. I cannot thank her enough and highly recommend her for your wedding planning needs! THANK YOU CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/10/2015
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 01/18/2015

I interviewed about 5 wedding planning companies and ended up going with Engaging Affairs. I know (without a doubt) that I made the right decision! I chose to have a full time planner. My planner was Christine and she did an absolute amazing job! I couldn't have planned my wedding without her!!! She was very professional, personable, friendly and down right awesome! She made my winter wonderland vision come true and exceeded my expectations by far! I would hire engaging affairs if I got to do it all over again. Wonderful company!!!

Sent on 02/06/2015

Lis · Married on 10/04/2014

We used Amanda at Engaging Affairs and were so happy that a friend had recommended her to us. We mostly used her the month before to finalize contracts with vendors and then the day of. And the day of is when we realized how she and Engaging Affairs were worth every penny. I did not have a single worry on our wedding day - Amanda took care of everything with the vendors and made sure all our "extra" decorations were put in place and just made sure that the only thing I had to focus on was walking down the aisle and not messing up my vows. While we had booked most of our vendors before hiring Amanda, she was super helpful with recommendations for the last few vendors we did need. One thing I really struggled with was the design of our reception room and how to get our colors to all come together in an elegant way - Amanda did a great job with linens and base plates and other little details to make the room look amazing - I even showed her a random table cloth I had seen on pinterest and loved for our sweetheart table and within two seconds of showing her she said, "I know that tablecloth - I'll get it for you!" - and she did! I absolutely recommend Amanda for anyone that wants to be able to just enjoy their wedding day and not stress about all the little details that go into making it perfect.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Erika · Married on 06/14/2014

We had the honor of working with Christine and her assistance. They were unbelievably wonderful and made everything so easy and seamless. They bent over backward to make every second of our day special and flawless. Everything was perfect and beautiful. They are outstanding and never missed a beat. Christine had a solution to everything! We honestly didn't have to lift a finger all day, it was completely stress free. I would recommend any bride who is getting married to hire Christine and her team; you won't be disappointed because we were not! Their service is seriously super super inexpensive for all they do. I love you so much Christine!

Sent on 06/20/2014

geeta · Married on 06/07/2014

Christine was my planner for my June (indian) wedding and she's amazing!! We used her for our month of coordination. i as was originally hesitant about spending the money for a planner, but now i don't think i could have done it with out her. no regrets at all in spending that money. she is extremely responsive on email, provided great suggestions, and was so calm and collected on our wedding day. she went above and beyond and my whole family had nothing but positive things to say about her (and her team). would recommend her without any hesitation!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Kristina · Married on 11/30/2013

I hired Sara M. for wedding weekend coordination and some help on organizing/planning up front. Definitely couldn't have excuted all my crazy ideas and vision without her help the weekend of our wedding. She kept the day running smoothly and ensured that our venue change-over, small set up details, and overall decor was done exactly the way I hoped!

Sent on 12/05/2013

Kelly · Married on 11/09/2013

Hiring Engaging Affairs' Amanda McCabe was hands-down the BEST decision I made during the entire planning process. Amanda is quite literally the dream wedding planner - she is absolutely amazing at her job, and also a completely wonderful and fabulous person! She not only expertly helped me define all of my visions for the big day (often presenting perfect ideas for my taste/style that I had not even thought of!), but she made those visions a reality. My wedding day was nothing short of perfect, and I attribute a huge part of that to the fact that Amanda was running the show! Guests have not stopped talking about every moment and detail of the entire wedding; it was flawless!

I hired Amanda about a year before the big day, for start-to-finish planning services. I had very little experience with weddings, and even less with wedding planners, but from our very first meeting with Amanda I knew that she was the right fit!! She was absolutely there for me in EVERY way from beginning to end. It is literally impossible to put into words all of the different ways she helped me - she far exceeded any expectations that I had of the role of a wedding planner! Further, Amanda's warm and engaging personality kept my fiancé (now husband!) involved and excited throughout the process. We were able to place all of our trust in Amanda's abilities, and 100% rely on her in every way; she definitely did not disappoint us!

Planning your wedding should be a fun and exciting time; you should enjoy the decision-making process, and enjoy making memories as you plan your big day! If you hire Amanda, you will be able to carefully define all of your wedding visions (even the ones you didn't know you had yet!), build the best team of vendors for your style and budget, and remain calm and happy from beginning to end! My husband still refers to her as "The Greatest Wedding Planner in the Entire World" - and I couldn't agree more!!
    Amanda, you are the absolute BEST!!!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Ariel · Married on 08/24/2013

We worked with Christine and couldn't be happier. She was extremely responsive and professional and answered all of my questions, no matter how crazy, immediately. She was extremely thorough during the planning process. This let me relax and enjoy the wedding because I knew the wedding was in good hands.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Christine and her team were flawless. They didn't miss a beat and the day went perfectly. Her attention to detail far surpassed anything I could have done. I'm so glad I choose her. She helped us navigate all the bumps in the road and totally delivered on the day of.

Sent on 06/13/2013

Avni · Married on 03/30/2013

Christine Godsey was AMAZING! Great with large Indian weddings (450 guests) and working with all of the vendors.

It wasn't until I started to plan my sister's wedding that I realized how valuable she was. She is EXTREMELY organized, very patient, easy to work with and really makes the day flow well. I still hear about how flawless our wedding was and I cannot begin to thank her enough. I only wish I had hired them from the start at the point of vendor selection (we hired her for day of coordination).

It took a while to get my parents on board with hiring a coordinator, and now as we plan my sister's wedding they are frustrated that they didn't hire one sooner (as Christine is booked). If you want to have a stress-free wedding day, Engaging Affairs is the way to go!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Palma · Married on 01/19/2013

Christine Godsey at Engaging Affairs is absolutely amazing!!! We hired her about 6 months before our wedding as our Day-Of Coordinator, but she was so responsive to questions and helpful throughout the entire time leading up to the wedding!

We had initially contacted her for help after we had to fire someone else that we had hired for a full-service wedding planner. We had done a lot of the planning on our own, but there were still so many loose ends that we hadn’t thought about. Our photographer Greg Gibson referred us to Christine, and we are so happy he did! Christine jumped right in and reassured us that everything would be taken care of. What a relief! Her professionalism, responsiveness, advice, and attention to detail were exactly what we were looking for, and she definitely made all of our fears go away.

We incorporated a lot of personal elements into the wedding, and Christine made sure everything was absolutely perfect on the wedding day! Every detail was taken care of, and her timeline was perfect. Christine, and her assistant Amanda Smith, were also so much fun to work with!They made us laugh, calmed our nerves, and worked great with all of the other vendors.

Christine definitely worked very hard to make our dream wedding come true!!! I would highly recommend her and Engaging Affairs to anyone planning a wedding or other event!

Sent on 02/03/2013

Our weeding was in September 2012. Sara and Amanda from Engaging Affairs were our wedding planners. Both of them are knowledgeable, organized, professional, and delightful to work with! I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding around the D.C. area (they do destination weddings also). Sara and Amanda directed us to terrific vendors within our budget. They made it possible for all of us to enjoy the wedding planning. When we got stuck in the decision making process, they would jump in and provide excellent guidance and reassurance. We were able to enjoy our daughter's wedding and soak in every memorable moment because of Amanda and Sara!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Maureen · Married on 09/29/2012

Our daughter Kate was married on Sept. 29, 2012. Sara Muchnick was the wedding planner - and she was beyond wonderful! Every service supplier worked overtime to make our experience fantastic. Under her watchful eye, nothing could go wrong. She is 100% professional. She levelled with us on every aspect of the wedding. She thought of everything. I truly feel that the suppliers that she works with gave us their best price and their best effort. She was always available to answer any questions or provide any information. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 11/27/2012
  • Jenille

Jenille · Married on 08/04/2012

I cannot speak more highly of anyone more than Amanda with Engaging Affairs!
    As hard as it is to plan your wedding, its even more difficult to plan when you have no clue what you want your wedding to look like! The only thing I was 100% sure of was that I was to have a wedding planner. I did my research of Wedding Planners in my area, just like every other bride, but as soon as I browsed through Engaging Affairs' online portfolio, I absolutely fell in love!! Every wedding kept getting more beautiful as I scrolled through their pictures. I knew they were the ones to make my wedding dreams come true!
    Amanda was not only my wedding planner, she became a memeber of our family {also planning my surprise bridal shower}. Our meetings turned into fun girls nights; it was like she had been purposefully put in my path to make my wedding the most incredible, elegant dream come true of my life-- and my guests all agreed too ;)

Sent on 01/25/2013

Christine at Engaging Affairs did a FABULOUS job planning our wedding. I chose the partial planning package. Christine's advice, vendor recommendations, and knowledge were invaluable. Everything came together perfectly, and our wedding was exactly what we wanted! Christine was extremely responsive to my questions throughout the planning process; she was really great to work with. I didn't have to worry about a single thing the day of the wedding. Christine and her assistant, Bella, took care of every detail, ensured that every vendor was clear on schedule, and made sure that we stayed on our timeline. I could not have planned such a beautiful wedding without them!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Jessica · Married on 11/13/2011

We booked Sara to help us in the final months of our planning, and it was truly the best decision we made with respect to the wedding. She was prompt, straightforward, and responsive to every question. My husband is a tough person to please, but her no-nonsense (yet extremely friendly) manner impressed him from the first moment he met her.

I had initially contacted EA for help about ten months before the wedding, but we decided we would start planning on our own and see what we needed closer to the wedding date. Truthfully, we were a little shocked at the price and weren't ready to fork out that kind of money. I told Sara I would be in touch, and unlike many wedding vendors (and other salespeople) she didn't spend the next six months harassing me to sign a contract. The no-pressure sales pitch was a definite plus, and when I did finally decide to hire her, it was a huge weight off my shoulders. She ended up being worth every penny.

Sara coordinated with all of my vendors (first by calling them to introduce herself, then confirming all dates and times with them the week before the wedding), created the wedding day timeline, directed the rehearsal, and basically ran the wedding, all while managing to stay out of the spotlight. She also referred us to vendors we hadn't yet found, like a dance instructor, transportation, and makeup artist. In addition, she got us out of a contract with a really horrible florist who was rude and unresponsive and created a sample arrangement at Sara's request that was so awful I didn't even want to look at it. Sara then found us another florist just weeks before the wedding, and my flowers ended up being one of the best parts of the whole wedding. But the best part of hiring Sara, and the thing that provided the most value for the cost, was the intangible quality of just knowing she was there and that she could handle any issue before or during the wedding. Her calm demeanor in the weeks and days before the wedding and on the day of meant that I was able to just enjoy myself and be a part of my own wedding.

I will stop here because at this point I'm just rambling since there really are no words to adequately describe the value Sara brings to the table. I have already recommended her to everyone I know, even people who aren't getting married. She's just that awesome.

Sent on 01/28/2012

Dana & Chris · Married on 11/12/2011

We were married two years ago AND still receive awesome feedback from our wedding!! AMANDA was a-mazing! Amanda's innovative ideas, attention to detail and coordination perfection was clearly noticed even by our guests, two years later. Amanda not only planned our wedding but a huge party that day with traditional and non-traditional wedding elements while juggling sensitivities of a very DC guest list! Thanks again Amanda!!

Sent on 09/12/2013

Molly · Married on 10/29/2011

We worked with Christine at Engaging Affairs for our day of coordination. Christine was awesome. She technically started one month out from the wedding but she helped me a ton before that (she was especially great when I emailed her in a panic 4 months out because we found out that we needed to find a new venue).

Christine basically made it so that the week, and in particular the day, of the wedding, we didn't have to worry about anything. She took care of all of the last minute details and organization so that we could relax and have fun and actually enjoy our day! She coordinated all of the arrivals and deliveries with the other vendors, ran the rehearsal, set up everything at the venue (she even brought my dress over from the hotel so that I wouldn't have to worry about bringing it), kept everyone on schedule, packed everything up at the end of the night, etc. etc. etc. She was wonderful!

Sent on 01/11/2012

M. · Married on 06/18/2011

I will never be able to say enough amazing things about Sara Muchnick of Engaging Affairs to do her justice so I will just say, do yourself a favore and HIRE HER IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Sara took care of every detail of our wedding and went above and beyond to literally take care of every detail of our wedding weekend, eventhough we only hired her for the wedding itself. She made everything so completely wonderful!!

She was fabulous to work with in so many ways. From the day I met her in October, to my wedding last weekend she has always been: friendly, super organized, super helpful, fabulous with time management and incredibly easy to work with. She did 100% of the negotiating with our vendors and handled every problem that arose during planning with ease. She knew every vendor we were interested in, and was able to negotiated great deals for us because of that. She also recommended fantastic vendors in a pinch when my dress didn't fit the week of my wedding, when I had to switch photographers at the last minute and her hair and makeup team were the best I've ever seen.

Sara is an amazing communicator. She was in contact with me practically every day of the week for 8 months. She responded to any email I sent to her in 10 minutes or less which is absolutely incredible.

The day of my wedding I asked Sara how many other brides she was working with at the time. I was astounded when she told me 25. I felt like the only (or at least the most important) bride she was working with for over 8 months!!!! This is really a credit to Sara and her time management and just how professional she is.

In short, Sara Muchnick is the BEST OF THE BEST and anyone would be so lucky to work with her!!

Sent on 06/21/2011

Tina · Married on 06/12/2011

Hiring Sara to plan my wedding was one of the BEST DECISIONS I've EVER made!! I could not have been happier with her!!

Sara is incredibly professional, friendly, helpful, organized, and an excellent communicator. She understood exactly what our wedding vision was and literally made our dreams come true! It was unbelievable.

Planning was such a breeze with her - she knew exactly what to do and knew all the best vendors in the area. She never once let us down.

And because of Sara I was able to relax and literally enjoy every second of my wedding day. She was always there when I needed her and took care of everything perfectly. She really made everything so wonderful and stress-free. Our friends and family (and I) still rave about her to this day!!

Sent on 08/10/2011