604a William Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401 Map · Phone number
Package Price $3,500
  • Photos & Videos 50

About Happy to Be Events

Welcome to Happy to Be Events!

Happy to Be Events is an Event Planning, Wedding Design, and Event Management company that serves couples all over Virginia, especially in Fredericksburg, Northern Virginia, DC, Richmond, & Charlottesville.

Founder Meg Flores created Happy to Be Events in 2017 with the passion for designing beautiful events and crafting authentic moments that are turned into treasured memories. Her passion, experience, and knowledge is key to telling amazing stories through cohesive planning, tasteful design, and event management.

Our Mission to You

“Happy to Be Events is a team of wedding planners and dreamers that offers Planning, Creative Design, and Event Management services. Our focus is creating events that reflect the best version of our clients' vision while also offering tools to maintain a healthy head-space during the wedding planning process. Our goal is to provide a day as unique and thoughtful as our couples.”

Our Services

Wedding Planning Our wedding planning service is the chosen package for our couples who are busy full-time professionals who lack the hours it takes to plan their wedding. Whether we come in from the very beginning or halfway through, or even right after you book your venue, our wedding and event planning services is designed to create cohesive events and peace of mind. We guide you through the entire process of the wedding planning, helping you select the very best, professional vendors, going through every detail, making sure nothing is forgotten, and planning the perfect day that will leave lasting memories for years to come.

Event Design

Our creativity is showcased in our event design. We work with you to create a vision and an experience for the wedding that speaks to them, and tells a story signature to the two of them. During our design process, we meet with you to create a vision board, secure any decor and accessories, and recommend the perfect vendors to fit their vision. We pull together all the little details to make a stunning day.

Event Management

Our alternative to "Day of Coordination" and "Month of Coordination", Event Management is built for the couple who can handle booking their vendors and designing their day but wants to know that they are in good, safe hands on their wedding day. The event management package begins with a "get-to-know-you" meeting where we talk about the details, make your timeline, and have you take our budget quiz. Then, you plan your wedding, with access to our wedding planning management software and unlimited emails and phone calls with Meg. Three months out, we come back in, ready to execute the plans you have put into place.

Custom Services

Need something else? We can do a custom package! Contact us to learn more!

Follow Happy to Be Events on

Happy to Be Events 6
Happy to Be Events 7
  • Avery · Getting married on 05/23/2020

Best Ever!

Happy to Be is truly the best wedding & event planning company out there! I’ve worked with Meg and Melanie for three events so far, and I am thrilled for future collaborations! As a photographer, I know how important it is to make sure everything is in line so that your love story is told beautifully in all aspects. Happy to Be helps your entire wedding process - from planning to execution - flow smoothly while providing a uniquely creative experience for each client. I’ve seen firsthand that in ANY scenario, they are professional, responsive, and organized while remaining upbeat. ENJOY this exciting time and let Happy to Be take care of the rest! You will not regret it. Their work is seriously invaluable and I highly recommend them!

Sent on 02/27/2019

Elizabeth Eltringham · Married on 12/15/2018

Happy to Be = a completely stress-free, beautiful wedding!

I’m not sure where to start – Meg is amazing, and she made my wedding the most magical day of my life. Meg is one of the nicest, most down-to-earth, organized people to work with. She had every detail accounted for before I even thought to ask.

I had a relatively short engagement, and I had no idea what I was doing. I was trying to plan a wedding in Fredericksburg from New York. Meg held my hand throughout the entire process. She completely understood the wedding I wanted, and she made it happen. My day was absolutely PERFECT, and all credit goes to Happy to Be. Meg and her team helped me book the best venue, designer, and venues. She guided me through every little detail but also let me run on my own with the things I wanted to do. I can’t recommend her full planning package enough.

I was the most relaxed bride in the history of all weddings ever! Brides: if you want a stress-free wedding, Happy to Be is the way to go. I was able to stay fully present and enjoy my wedding day without worrying about a single thing!

Sent on 04/03/2019
    Happy to Be Events 8
    Happy to Be Events 9
    Happy to Be Events 10

Rachel Stanford · Married on 08/18/2018

Wonderful to work with!

My husband and I are so grateful to have had Happy to Be Events help with our wedding. We didn't necessarily have a huge wedding but Happy to Be was so amazingly helpful with the logistics of it all. Meg was there to answer any questions I had. About a week or so before the wedding, Meg called and we went over everything and all the last minute details that never crossed my mind. I had not felt that calm and peaceful about the wedding planning as I did after we got off the phone. All the details fell into place after that phone call. Our wedding would not have gone as smoothly as it did if Happy to Be Events hadn't been there. I cannot recommend their services enough!

Sent on 04/30/2019