Your Perfect Day Events

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

lauren 3 Reviews
Julie is absolutely incredible. I cant say enough about how amazing she was throughout our entire wedding planning process and how helpful she was on the wedding day. She knew what I needed before I knew I needed it, you can't top that!
Julie is a top notch wedding planner, the very best you can get!

4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We used a perfect day events for our day of coordination and it was definitely one of the best decisions. There are many small and moving parts when planning a wedding and she and her assistant were invaluable in making it all happen.

She is very responsive via email and we met prior to the wedding several times to go through the details.

Everything was set-up exactly how we wanted it and in a timely manner. She decorated the other spaces very well as well; the only minor issue with some communication issues between her and the pastor during the rehearsal, but it was all sorted out and the day was fantastic. Everything was set-up and she also ensured that everything that needed to be brought back was brought back. I highly recommend Julie for your wedding day coordination.
Wedding: 08/20/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I love, love, love Julie. We hired her for my daughter's wedding for the "day of" activities and she went way above and beyond. She came to the rehearsal, worked on the timeline, answered all questions. And the day of the event, she was everywhere, always with a smile on her face. Our events were very complicated, were both outdoors and indoors, and included many details. We provided many items on our own including linens, vases, favors, and she handled it all, making sure that items that needed to be retunred to us were. Actually, she handled it all perfectly. We would highly recommend her to anyone that needs a planner or day of coordinator.
Wedding: 06/12/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I can only say that you MUST use Julie McKillip for all your wedding planning needs.
I had prepared a lot of little details and decorations on my own and had a vision for what I wanted to see when I walked into the venue, and she made it happen. I honestly could not be happier with the results.
Everyone had prepared me for at least three things to go wrong, it was a wedding after all, but the whole day went so smoothly and there is nothing I would change and I know a lot of that had to do with all the hard work she put into our wedding.
Julie was just brilliant throughout the whole process. She answered all my questions, big and small, quickly and had great suggestions. She put my whole family at ease with any questions they had and just made the whole process a lot less stressful.
She made our wedding.
Wedding: 06/04/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5

Melissa &... 12 Reviews
Julie was great to work with and very responsive throughout the planning process. She not only provided day-of coordination, but reviewed our vendor contracts, resolved issues with vendors, created hotel gift bags for guests, supplied wedding advice and tips, and coordinated the rehearsal ceremony. She was very reasonably priced and committed to making our wedding weekend a success.

The day of the ceremony, she handled the inclement weather and tent vendor glitches calmly and even provided a bride's emergency kit in case we'd forgotten anything. Her presence (and her assistant's) allowed our mothers to relax and enjoy the day instead of having to manage vendors. She generally kept us on the pre-set schedule during the course of the day. We would have preferred more in-the-moment direction (i.e., moving up the cake cutting) instead of having to initiate it. However, and she was very responsive when we made our requests to change the schedule and made sure it was executed smoothly. Our only disappointment was that her day-of attire (flip-flop sandals) was not as formal as we would have preferred.

In all, we would recommend Julie for your event planning needs. She is friendly, experienced, detail-oriented, and committed to making events a success.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Julie McKillip of Your Perfect Day Events is awesome! She is so down to earth and easy to talk to! I had no worries on the day of my wedding knowing that Julie was there to make sure everything was under control. She brought everything together perfectly! She was always available to reach by phone or email and always willing to offer advice and help out.
I would highly recommend Julie, as she offers the same quality of service has her higher (ridiculously) priced competitors! I only needed Julie's services for Day-Of Coordinating, but she offers more than a day's help. She helps to keep you on track, but doesn't make you feel bad if something went to the wayside or if you didn't get something complete until last minute. She is just there to support you and help you in any way possible! Go Julie!!
Wedding: 08/21/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I thank Julie for making my wedding day truly perfect. Weeks leading up to the wedding, she was always quick to respond to any questions I had, and was extremely knowledgeable of all things that were associated with the wedding.

The day of the wedding, everyone told me, "you are so calm." The reason I had nothing to worry about is because I knew Julie was there and knew exactly what I wanted to occur, so I was completely at ease! All of the events of the rehearsal, ceremony, and reception went as planned and without a hitch. Julie did such an amazing job and I recommend her to anyone who is getting married!
Wedding: 07/10/2010

NoVAbride2010 2 Reviews
Great experience
  • Flexibility:  5.0
During the final stages of wedding planning and upon reflection since our wedding, my husband and I have both said that our wedding wouldn't have been been the same without Julie McKillip.

We were not looking for a full blown wedding coordinator, but rather a day-of planner who could help us with the final details and be available on the day of the wedding to set up and work with the variety of vendors we had contracted.

Julie was a pleasure to work with--she was able to offer a few recommendations on vendors; she was fully supportive and enthusiastic of our ideas; she literally put a car full of boxes and bags into her car (wine, beer, cake toppers, decorations, etc) on the Wednesday before our wedding and set them up better than we could have at our reception. The table arrangements, the interior of the Hendry House--it was everything we had hoped for. In addition, Julie helped with a time line of the day and was flexible to last minute changes (a few additional toasts). Julie had worked with a few of our vendors before (DJ, Florist, and photographer) and her ease and comfort as a planner was evident throughout the months leading up to our wedding and most specifically on our wedding day.
Wedding: 10/03/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I got married on 8/8/09 and every time I think back to my wedding, I think, "Thank God for Julie!" As soon as I became engaged and hired Julie, we sat at a coffee shop and discussed my wedding details for hours (this was a year before the actual wedding date!). She very patiently told me what I needed to worry about at that point and what could wait. Everything I was already stressed about, Julie was able to reassure me about. Her calmness was exactly what I needed.

I cannot tell you how many times I e-mailed Julie throughout the wedding process about little concerns I was having. She always got back to me right away and always reassured me. She recommended fantastic vendors and had so many great ideas from her years of experience. I had seen pictures of weddings Julie had been in charge of and they all had one thing in common - they were elegant, beautiful, & classy.

The day of the wedding I would have been a total basket case if I didn't know that Julie was in charge and everything would be taken care of. And it was! She did not miss a single detail. I would recommend her to any bride. She is patient & she most certainly knows her stuff.
Wedding: 08/08/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Your Perfect Day Events was wonderful help. Julie was just wonderful with all of her advice. I could count on her for everything from helping with wording on invitiations to making sure everything was on time and correct. I truly believe our wedding day would not have been as perfect as it was if it wasn't for Julie and Your Perfect Day Events.
Wedding: 06/09/2006
 703-431-5122
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire