33 Reviews for RoseBrooke Studio

Natural Makeup (1)
33 RoseBrooke Studio Reviews

0.6

You decide…..
Daughter #1 paid $950 in February for Daughter #2’s wedding in August. Payment included a FREE trial hair/makeup for the bride.
Trial was done on July 19 – the bride did not like either of the hairstyles Brenda did nor did she like the makeup. Contract was signed. I paid $50 to have her hair washed and was given a blow out. Hair drooped within 30 minutes of being done, even though I was in an air conditioned car. Contract was cancelled within 24 hours of having the hair/makeup done. Refund requested by me. Several emails and phone calls were made to Brenda by me. No response. Finally I called Brenda and advised that her that I would be in Frederick that Sunday and would like to arrange to pick up the full refund. I had indicated to be fair I would pay her $200 for the free trial, which would have been the cost for the hair/makeup on the date of the wedding. Brenda called Daughter #1 and told her I was harassing her and said she would refund $475. As we had not been successful in getting anything back from Brenda, Daughter #1 agreed. As I signed the contract and ultimately paid for the hair/makeup, I have asked Brenda for the remaining $275 which should have been refunded to me. Thus far, no response from Brenda. If she does send us the remainder of our money, I will be fair and update the critique of her services.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 8/31/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Brenda was so wonderful to work with. She was so personable and made the hair and make up trial experience so comfortable. Her hair and make up team the morning of the wedding arrived in a timely manner and quickly and elegantly prepped all the ladies into styles and designs that complimented their features. Brenda's work is truly art!

Profile Picture Kristina, 3/10/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Brow/Lash Tinting, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Brenda and her assistant Shelly did a great job with the hair and make-up for my wedding! I was a very nervous about who would do my hair and make-up because I generally don’t wear make-up. Breda was very easy to work with and created a look that made me feel comfortable (aka I still looked like myself) and still very special.
I did a hair and make-up trail with Brenda and she definitely put me at ease and was able to create a look that I loved. Afterwards, I ordered a hair piece that she was able to incorporate in my style the day of the wedding. I had a 12 other women (bridal party, moms and grandmas) that got hair and/or make-up done with the day of the wedding! Brenda and Shelly really did a great job of managing this diverse group! They even re-did some hair styles when some people changed their mind about what they wanted after it was already finished! I was nervous about getting everyone done, but they showed up right on time and even with the changes we were able to finish on time.
Everyone looked beautiful and I am very glad that I hired Brenda!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Eye Makeup, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Brenda Dalton, the owner of RoseBrooke, did my hair and makeup for my wedding, along with my bridesmaids and flower girl. She was amazing! Everyone looked great and she was just FUN to hang out with while everyone was getting ready.

Profile Picture Amy, 7/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Eye Makeup, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling
1.0

Pass. There was no follow through on commitments made, I told her there were going to be 7 people needing hair and/or makeup and that I was nervous about everyone getting done. She assured me that she would have someone with her and not to worry. When she arrived there was another stylist with her who also brought her 2 teenage daughters, which didn't bother me so much except for the fact that she had to leave to take her daughters to a party after only doing 2 updos. I was the last person in her chair my hair was not the same as the trial and neither was my makeup. As she was doing my makeup I commented on how dark the foundation was that she was using, again I was assured it'd be fine. She only spent about 20 minutes on me total, by the time she finished we were running so far behind I didn't get a clear look at my makeup. I was so embarrassed when I got a clear view of my makeup and even more so when I saw the foundation line in my wedding photos. We paid for an updo that lasted all of 10 minutes. A refund was promised and any and all phone calls made to Brenda about not getting the refund were ignored. When she did finally call me back she yelled at me and called me a spoiled princess. After 3 1/2 months I did finally receive the refund.

Profile Picture Jennifer , 12/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Rose Brooke Studio was one of our best choices at our wedding! They were fantastic to work with and were so professional and accommodating. My wife typically keeps her hair and makeup pretty simple and Brenda and her team did such a great job of execution her vision for her wedding day. They had a pre-wedding consultation in Frederick and my fiancee left with such a good feeling for Brenda after seeing a preview of her hair and makeup magic! Brenda's prices were reasonable and she did the hair and makeup for our parents, siblings, and friends. She arrived with herself and 2 other colleagues who were all great and easy to work with. My fiancee looked AMAZING on our wedding day and she had so many compliments on how beautiful she looked. I STRONGLY recommend Rose Brooke Studio for other brides!

Profile Picture Brad, 9/11/16, 7 Reviews
3.4

By no means was I completely unhappy but my opinion did change a bit from when I did my trail to the actual day of the wedding. I finally heard from her the Wednesday before the wedding letting me know she would be there at 12 p.m.. our ceremony started at 4 oclock and she had 9 girls to take care of. She assured me that would be plenty of time as she will have another person helping her. I agreed 12 would be okay if she was certain that would be enough time. Friday (the day before the wedding) rolls around and we are decorating at our venue and I get a call from Brenda saying she needs to be there at 10 o'clock because she has another wedding she needs to do hair and makeup for to which she needs to leave our venue at 12 and leave just 1 person there to do the rest of the girls. I advised i was concerned my hair would not hold until 4 if it was done at 10 a.m and that 1 person doing the rest of the 8 girls would be kind of nerve wracking, she promised it would be okay. I got off the phone with her and my husbands mom saw I was upset plus brought up the fact that the girls thought they were getting their hair and makeup done at 12 so thats when some were anticipating their arrival which i didnt think of. Brenda ultimately decided not to change the original plan and that she would be there at noon. The day of the wedding her assistant arrived on time and started to work on my bridesmaids hair. Brenda called me Jennifer the entire day even after I corrected her once and my sister corrected her she said "it doesnt matter what i call her" but it does.. my name is Jessica. Her assistant didn't envision hair styles like I did but did do a decent job after asking her to re-do things and her using a curling iron I brought because the one she was using wasn't making curls that were holding. My hair and makeup were different from the trail but she was willing to fix anything to make me happy! She is a sweet lady and did help with calming me and all minor issues got fixed.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/3/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Brenda is a true artist and she is so fun to work with! She will work with you to customize your look for your big day! I highly recommend going with RoseBrooke!

Profile Picture User6944719, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Working with Brenda and her staff on my wedding day was absolutely amazing! When I met her at my trial she made me feel so comfortable and provided me with exactly what I wanted! I have had my hair done several times but I can honestly say, the way my hair turned out on my wedding day was my all time favorite! It stayed in the whole entire night after tons of dancing and moving around. I even slept with my hair still up and when I woke up the next morning it didn't even look different! She was great, fun, and so nice! :)

Profile Picture Callie, 6/10/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Licensed, Hair, Makeup

Working with Brenda was amazing! I love that she does both hair and makeup, and that she came to my venue the day of my wedding- super convenient! She really took her time with me on my hair and makeup trail, making sure that she got it right. I had a vague idea of what I wanted and she made it come to fruition in her studio. She was also nice and personable to talk with, which is important when you’re with someone for so long! She even provided me with some tips on what beauty products to use, which I have purchased and love using now! She charged a reasonable price and did a great job the day of! She arrived on time, which is important, and made sure everyone got ready in time for pictures. My hair held up throughout the night, as did my makeup. Overall I was really pleased with Brenda and would highly recommend her! My mom and sister liked her so much that my sister is also going to use her for her wedding!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/1/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I had gone through Kyla to set up getting my makeup done for my wedding; Kyla and Brenda both ended up coming on the wedding day. We had six girls altogether and they were such a joy to work with. The makeup turned out so wonderful. Each girl asked for their own style of makeup, and some presented their own skin issues, and they were able to navigate through each request. Each person got their makeup done just how they wanted it! It also stayed on all afternoon and evening, despite it being VERY hot out. Setting up a trial and staying in contact were all handled professionally and expectations were easily met. I would strongly recommend Kyla and Brenda to anyone needing makeup!

Profile Picture Megan , 7/12/15, 2 Reviews
4.1

Brenda came recommended by our venue. She arrived on time to both the trial and wedding date, was able to give us all the attention we wanted because I had a small bridal party, and her pricing is really great compared to some others in the area. At my trial, she did a great job for my hair and makeup. On my wedding day, my hair was similar, but not the same. Even though one of my bridesmaids had a picture of my hair from my trial date and showed it to her, my hair accessories didn’t end up in the same place, and were less secure on the big day because of it. My hair and make-up looked lovely and natural though, and so did my bridesmaids. My hair started to fall out not that long into the reception though (even during my first dance with my husband) – I think most likely it started from people hugging me, and then just went from there as the night went on. Not necessarily RoseBrooke’s fault, but the kind of advice I would expect from an experienced professional would be “Let’s put it up just a smidge higher, because people might bump it when they hug you.” So, I’m interested to see if it shows up in the pictures. Brenda was, for the most part, pretty responsive. Overall, everyone looked great, especially for the price, but it would have been nice to have my hair last most of the night.

Profile Picture User4965412, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

RoseBrooke Studio did a great job on the hair and make-up for my wedding! Myself (the bride), the bridesmaids, and the mothers looked great! Brenda and her associates did a great job adapting what everyone wanted for their hair and skin tones/types! My hair lasted all night, and my lips only needed minor touch ups all night. I would recommend RoseBrooke Studio for your hair and make up, for your wedding or other event!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 11/7/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Brenda Dalton is amazing. She is truly an artist with hair and make-up and has a lot of experience and helped me pick the best possible up-do for my wedding reception. She was flexible with her times of appointments and drove out to my venue and did my hair and make-up on site at my wedding venue! I highly recommend her and will use her again.

Profile Picture KAREN, 9/6/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Brenda and RoseBrooke Design Team were wonderful! Everyone looked fabulous. Brendas administrative assistant Katherine walks you through all the details of Agreement and sets up a trial date at the convenience of your schedule. Brendas creative fashion and vision of what I wanted the day of my wedding was right on!! She went the extra with me and reassured all my ideas and put them into action! Unfortunately she has also taken extra time and taking care of a MOTHER with Cancer. Im taking this time to reassure anyone reading these reviews that Brenda and RoseBrooke Design Team are the true artist and professional team you want on that special day. Brenda creates magic and is a true angel!!

Profile Picture User4300592, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Brenda was great! She was very hard to get a hold of through email. However, she is very prompt via phone calls and texting. She was very flexible with everything which was great! She was the only person I found that was happy to come on site just for brides hair and make up. Every other company had a minimum number of people (bridal party), which I did not have. Her services won't break your budget either! She was conveniently located downtown in a cute little salon. The trial was very laid back which made me feel very comfortable. Although I did not have a bridal party, she was perfectly fine with a few of my friends joining me for the trial. We really got to know each other which made the trial and wedding day more fun and stress free! She was very nice and did a great job on my hair and make up.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/27/14, 5 Reviews
0.8

She broke her contract. She was supposed to be there from 10am - 2 pm doing 8 people's hair. I contacted her the day before my wedding where she informed me she was triple booked and would be there from 8:30 am till 10am. The morning of my wedding day she was 30 min late and when I called to ask where she was and my concern in her rushing my hair since she was late her response was "you need to calm down I will be there soon, you also need to know my concern in getting to my other appointments as well, and if you freak out on me I will walk out on you". I had no other option but to wait patiently and very quietly for her to get there do my hair and 6 other people and then she left. I paid her for 8 hair do's, I only got 7. Plus my bridesmaids had to fix my hair multiple times before the wedding. This was very unprofessional, but I should have know because she was almost an hour late for my trial which she assured me never happens, she is always on time. And to top it all off my hair was not at all what she did the day of the trial, my wedding day I looked like I had a cone on my head, but I didn't want to tell her I didn't like it because of fear she would "walk out on me". Some of the girls hair turned out good, but did not last the entire night.

Profile Picture Heather, 6/21/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I will definately recommend Brenda Dalton and the RoseBrooke Studio Design Team. They are very Professional and provide top quality services!!

Profile Picture stephanie, 5/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Brenda and her assistant were great! My hair and makeup looked amazing on my big day and held up! Definitely recommend working with them!

Profile Picture Karla, 4/18/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Brenda was the most amazing hair and make up artist ever. She and her assistant did all the hair and makeup for me and all my girls and for my mother. She specializes in making you look natural. From the moment I spoke with her on the phone for the first time tot he day of my wedding, Brenda was responsive and answered any questions. The hair and make up trial I did with here was very well thought out. She took lots of pictures to make sure that on the day of she could recreate it. I would recommend her to any bride that wants to look like herself on her wedding day. She is a very easy person to get along with, fit right in with me and my girls. It didn't feel like getting ready but more like time with the girls.

Profile Picture Angela, 9/14/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Brenda & her assistant were amazing. I met with Brenda twice before the wedding to find the perfect hairstyle. On my wedding day she recreated the look we decided on perfectly. Even did it better. Brenda & her assistant were professional yet fun. They did my hair & three of my bridesmaids. Brenda even helped with one of the Jr. Bridesmaids hair braid that her mother was having trouble with. I highly recommend Brenda. You cant go wrong with her.

Profile Picture Heather, 9/7/13, 5 Reviews
0.2

I had a terrible experience with Brenda and Rose Brooks Studio on my wedding day. More than anything, I want to make sure that it doesn't happen to anyone else, otherwise I wouldn't take the time to write this review.

I signed a contract with Brenda to provide hair styling for my six bridesmaids and hair and makeup for me for a total of $740. She told us to be at her shop at 10 and said she'd be able to complete all of us by 12. Anticipating that it might take longer, I called and asked for the services to begin at 9:30; Brenda agreed. We were shocked to see that Brenda was the only person styling hair. Another girl helped, but Brenda was the only stylist.

By 11:30 (two hours into the appointment) only my maid-of-honor and I had our services complete. That left 30 minutes for five additional girls. The appointment then ran an additional hour (now 1:00), and in the end four of the six bridesmaids were very unhappy with their results. My maid-of-honor actually redid her hair when she got back to my house (despite the fact that she had paid extra for a trial, her finished product didn't look anything like she had hoped).By 1:00, we had missed lunch and were rushing to meet the photographer at my house at 1:30.

I called Brenda the next day to set up a meeting to discuss my concerns. She yelled at me over the phone, telling my I needed Xanax, but agreed to meet with me. She acknowledged that her services were rushed, that she had trouble with my maid-of-honor's extensions and she seemed to understand that several girls were not satisfied with their hair. We discussed a reasonable compromise to make certain that we were "satisfied customers". Our proposal was that she refund 50% of the cost for each girl who was not satisfied with her hair. That would have been refunding approximately $45 for 4 girls. We left thinking that she agreed that was fair, but in the end we never received any compensation. We were incredibly disappointed with this service.

Profile Picture User6292669, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Hair, Updos/Styling

Brenda was fantastic to work with! We did a trial with her and loved her, so it was an easy decision to book our makeup for the wedding. Brenda has great prices and was so flexible and comfortable to do our makeup in a room full of people. We all loved our makeup and working with Brenda. She was fun to talk to and she knows what she is doing!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/15/13, 10 Reviews
3.2

I used Brenda to do hair and makeup for my wedding party on site for my wedding. We were pleased with the outcome the day of the wedding but experienced a number of difficulties leading up to the wedding. First, I had difficulty getting in touch with her by email and through her website. For some reason, she did not get any of my three emails nor the request I submitted through her website. Phone and text messages were the only way I was able to communicate with her successfully. Fortunately she was very responsive by text and phone. Also, I had to contact her several times to get her to send me a contract and when I finally received it, the information was incorrect (wrong wedding date, wrong number of services) even though I had given her the correct information twice. In addition, she did not show up on time for a trial appointment I had scheduled with her two weeks prior. When I called her from outside her locked studio, she said she forgot about the appointment. We waited an hour for her to arrive. All that aside, she did a good job the day of the wedding – she showed up on time with her makeup assistant, was pleasant to interact with, and did a nice job with our hair and makeup. She was full service, providing hair and makeup at the venue location on an early Sunday morning. Also, she was much cheaper than some of the other places that I had contacted in the area. Her rates were reasonable and she didn’t charge travel and other extra fees like some other places I considered.

Profile Picture User3345071, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Brenda at Rose Brooke Studio did a great job with all hair updo's for all my bridesmaid's and myself. It was very easy to contact Brenda throughout the entire planning process. Time management would be my only small complaint during this process. We ran out of time to get all the girls make-up completed, but my other make-up artist from Metro Make-up Studio was able to stay and we made things work and everything turned out great!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/13/13, 9 Reviews