Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists

Fairfax, VA View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists is a wedding hair and makeup company that provides its services with teams throughout several major markets: a) northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC, b) Hampton Roads, and c) South Texas. We specialize in on-site skin, makeup and hair services for all ethnicities and weddings of all cultures. Our founders are a mother-daughter team who have established an outstanding award-winning group of diverse professionals to serve any size of event, and provide superb service for couples.

Experience
Susie and Kara have been part of the bridal beauty industry since 2011. Susie has almost 40 years experience in the skincare and makeup industries, while Kara has more than 20 years of experience. The company's artists have been recognized by several wedding websites. The artists have also done hair and makeup for Grammy-nominated musicians, heads of states and cabinet officials, TV personalities, and top beauty pageant titleholders.

**All Artists are Barbicide and COVID-19 Sanitation Certified and insured.**

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists provides touchup hours, multiple stylists for large parties, and men's grooming services in addition to the following:

• Blowouts
  • Hair extensions
  • Hair trial
  • On-site hair
  • Textured styling
  • Updos/styling
  • On-site makeup
  • Contour, eye, natural, and wedding party makeup
  • Fake lashes
  • Makeup trial
  • Woman-owned

Does makeup price include false lashes?

Which of the following are included in prices?

Consultation
Trial Service

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Mult. Stylists
Group Discounts
Licensed
Skincare

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Extensions
Textured Hair Styling
Updos / Styling
Hair Trial
On-Site Hair

What makeup services do you offer?

Contour Makeup
Makeup Trial
Fake Lashes

Clare S. Married on 04/23/2022

4/23/22 Wedding

Kara and Nicole and her team were excellent in communicating the best styles that would work for myself and each of my bridesmaids. They worked like an efficient assembly line in the big day and got all my ladies done immaculately with time to spare!

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you Claire! We thoroughly enjoyed our time with you and your bridal party, such a pleasure to work with the best people!

We loved being able to work with on getting your skin picture perfect ready for your big day! All the best to you!
  • Conover
    Arthur C. Married on 04/09/2022

Super Personalized, Super Personal

Kara and her team are great! Not only did her and Gabrielle work hard to ensure that I would feel beautiful and comfortable on my wedding day, they provided the same treatment to all of my party members. Everyone enjoyed working and talking with them, making what could've been a nerve-racking day instead a morning of fun and relaxed pampering. Kara and her team offer super personalized services and are themselves very personable. I also appreciated their flexibility, throughout the planning process and up until the very end. Above all, I am grateful for all they did to me and my loved ones feel beautiful!

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Nicole...you were such a pleasure to work with! We are thrilled at your pics and can't wait to share them. We wish you all the best and please keep in touch!
  • Erin
    Erin O. Married on 04/09/2022

10/10 Experience

I had a great experience with Best Face Artists. In my initial correspondence with Kara she was so kind and helpful in getting everything arranged for my April 9 wedding.

Kara assigned Marta and Antonia to do my makeup and hair. Marta also did my spray tan. During my trial both were great listeners and went out of their way to understand what I had in mind for “my look.”

I was very impressed after my trial but the entire team knocked it out of the water during my wedding week. Early in the week Kara sent me a detailed schedule. I asked very late in the process to add one person for hair services and she was able to accommodate the request no questions asked.

The day of the wedding Marta and Antonia showed up to my hotel on time and did an incredible job on everyone’s hair and makeup.

I don’t typically wear a ton of makeup and the team made me feel beautiful but also natural.

Couldn’t be happier with my choice to hire this vendor!

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Erin: We have seen your pics and they are just beautiful! It was such a pleasure working with you and your bridal party and we wish you ALL THE BEST!!! xo

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

17 photos · 04/06/2019
  • Trey & Kristina
    51 photos · 08/05/2018

ARJ Productions ARJ Productions Wedding Planners

We love working with Kara and her seasoned team. A huge factor for me in hiring a vendor is responsiveness and she is amazingly responsive and attentive! Her team does a great job of making our clients feel at ease throughout the entire process which is why I always recommend her!

Strouse Photography Strouse Photography Wedding Photographers

We LOVED working with Susanne at Best Face Forward! She was so sweet, made everyone look STUNNING and super easy to work with! 100% recommend!

Meredith Ryncarz Photography Meredith Ryncarz Photography Wedding Photographers

A Fantastic company to work with. I can't recommend the amazing makeup artists here enough!

Fairfax, Virginia Fairfax, VA, 22033
Location of (Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists)
Fairfax Fairfax, VA, 22033