Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists Reviews

234 | Fairfax, VA

234 Reviews for Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists

Caroline Lessmann · Getting married on 02/11/2021

My hair stayed in place all night!

Bri styled my hair as well as my mom and bridal party and did a phenomenal job. I am very picky about my hair. It is frizzy and really hard to control. However, I did not worry about that at all for my wedding. I didn't really know what I wanted, so Bri helped me decide on my look. She had great ideas and made my hair stay in place the entire night with no frizz!! She was on time and very professional. I highly recommend Bri with Best Face Forward.

Sent on 12/01/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Thanks Caroline! So glad Bri was able to really help you find what you loved! We appreciate you and always value another vendor using us for their own wedding! It means so much!
  • Helen

Helen Lopez · Getting married on 12/13/2020

Hair and makeup angels

One of the things that I am most happy about was finding BFF on wedding wire. Kara is passionate about her work and was amazing to work with on my special day. I could not express enough how professional, easy, and stress-free it is to have BFF for hair/makeup. I loved how the trial was in my own home and that the incredible Larissa and Leeann came with masks and everything they used was sanitary and high quality. They are amazing people, made me feel comfortable, and appreciated any input I had. I am a shy person and they somehow made me feel like I have known them forever. I am most impressed with how knowledgeable they both are in hair/makeup. When it came to my actual wedding, the girls were punctual and made myself, my mom, and sister look/feel beautiful. I am so happy with the outcome, if you are doubting what to do for hair/makeup, give this company a try because you will not regret it.

Sent on 09/14/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your kindest of words!! The girls loved working with you and really collaborating on a fantastic look you all loved!

Johanna · Married on 11/14/2020

Amazing and fun!

I received a call from my make up artist three days before my elopement wedding that she could not make it. I called several places but it was last minute and no one was available. Luckily, when I contacted Kara from Best Face Forward, she was profesional and wanted to help me out. Kara came to my rescue and made me feel like the prettiest bride. I’m so blessed I found her, she is not only kind and caring but very good at what she does. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/21/2020
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 11/07/2020

Loved my hair and makeup!

I’m so glad I went with Best Face Forward for my wedding ceremony! (The have a ton of positive reviews for a reason!) Hair and makeup was the vendor I was most nervous about because I don’t usually wear much makeup. From my first conversation with Kara over the phone, I knew BFF was the right fit. Kara did my makeup and Leanne did my hair. They both were so professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. We tried different looks at the trial and they gave helpful feedback about what would look the best on me and with my dress. The day of the ceremony I looked better than I ever imagined! I felt so beautiful and confident. My mom and sister also had their hair and makeup done and looked great! My husband and I postponed our wedding reception to next year because of COVID and I already have BFF booked. I can’t recommend BFF enough if you want to look and feel your best on your big day!

Sent on 11/11/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

We loved getting to put together such a unique look for a special bride!!! We absolutely can't wait for your big party next year!!!!
  • Trisha

Trisha · Married on 10/17/2020

Best Face Forward Was Amazing

I Had A Great Experience For My Wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

thanks Trisha!! Mandy loved working with you and we appreciate the honor of being a small part of your big day!
  • Laura

Laura Kelly · Married on 10/11/2020

Incredible Artists, Wonderful People

My husband and I chose to separate our marriage ceremony from our reception due to Covid, so I was searching for makeup and hair artists at the last minute. Kara, Leanne, and Larissa made sure that I felt comfortable about our wedding day plan during the virtual trial, and they really listened to all of my requests. On my wedding day, I felt absolutely gorgeous and confident, and the artists were so affirming! I could not have asked for better people to surround me on my wedding day!

Sent on 07/07/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Oh Laura! I'm so glad we could make your day so special still! Everyone deserves that!! The girls LOVED being with you and your family was so wonderful when Leanne had her family emergency after finishing! We absolutely love meeting such fantastic families like yours! THANK YOU!!
  • Marina

Marina Luciano-Carson · Married on 10/10/2020

Could not be happier with BFF hair & Makeup!

I can’t recommend BFF enough to any bride looking for to hair and makeup. The flexibility of having so many hair and makeup artists to choose from, the helpfulness of Kara and the quality of the service are unmatched. I wanted a simple but elevated updo and makeup and Bri and Suzanne really listened and made me and my girls feel beautiful for the big day. Cannot recommend them enough! If I ever need hair and makeup again in the future, I know who I’ll be calling!

Sent on 10/19/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Thanks so much Marina- you've been a fantastic client from the beginning and we loved being a part of your special day on a very special and popular date! ha!!
  • Meredith

Meredith Jones · Married on 10/07/2020

Best hair and makeup team you can work with!

I am so beyond thrilled that we chose Best Face Forward for our hair and makeup for our postponed wedding reception. After businesses closed during the pandemic, I lost my original hair and makeup vendor, and my sister/MOH reached out to Kara at Best Face Forward with not much notice - maybe about a month. Kara was responsive and communicative, answered all of our many questions, and really took the stress out of the uncertainty of pandemic weddings. On the day of our postponed wedding reception, Kara and her team set a really positive and stress-free vibe in the bridal suite. Kara is the sweetest and is so easy to talk to, but I knew I was in good hands from the day we decided to work with her.

Sent on 07/13/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

As I've said to you before- you definitely are the GOLD standard for brides!! Easy-going, kind, and fun!! We loved getting to help you! It was our honor totally! Let's do it a 3rd time!!!! jk!!!
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 10/04/2020

Exactly what I was hoping for and then some!

I loved working with BFF. From our first meeting, I was very assured that their practices are safe in this COVID-19 era and I felt comfortable both at the trial and the wedding that they were doing their best to keep all of us safe. After the trial I loved my looks, but couldn't put my finger on that little something that seemed to be missing. Without even mentioning it, Kara made a few minor suggestions for changes for my big day and she totally nailed exactly what I had been feeling I wished was different. On the day my make up looked great, photographed well, and didn't feel too heavy. They did a great job and I will definitely be booking them again for other life events. You can't go wrong with BFF!

Sent on 11/19/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Girl- you are a true beauty and we are so thankful for your handy insight during this time of the virus! you are very appreciated and we can't wait for all those other life events to see you again!!!

Courtney · Married on 09/26/2020

Fun Team with Amazing Talent

From my hair and make-up trial (highly recommend) to my day of look. This team was wonderful to work with. They discussed the looks I was considering and we were able to finalize everything at my trial. They listened to my concerns of wanting to look natural and not over done, and also that I needed my hair to last the entire night.
    My bridal party was very happy with their professionalism and ability to match their hair and make-up with the pictures they brought.
    This team was a joy to work with and also helped us de-stress to enjoy the entire day.
    I would work with them again for any and all events!

Sent on 10/14/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Courtney- you are the epitome of a laid back bride!! We loved working with you- your easy-going nature and trust in us, help us truly excel at our work! We appreciate you!!!
  • Atlee

Atlee Marrie · Married on 09/09/2020

Amazing Wedding Makeup

I loved Best Face Forward for my wedding! They put all my fears and worries at ease at our makeup trial, and helped me figure out what vibe I wanted for my wedding. The day of the wedding, they went out of their way to make sure everyone in my bridal party was feeling beautiful and confident. My artists were incredibly personable and made the whole experience very relaxing and enjoyable. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/13/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Thanks Atlee! We love larger parties like yours, so much fun, so much friendship! We're just there to make everything smooth! The girls loved spending time with you and we all are so glad you had a fantastic day!
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Norment · Married on 08/28/2020

Best Wedding Decision You Can Make!!!!

Seriously don't even know where to begin - BFF was one of - if not THE - best decision I made in wedding vendors. My mom and I cannot stop bragging about how amazing their team was on my wedding day. It’s so rare that a large group of people get their hair and makeup done for an event and EVERYONE loves it. I had 9 bridesmaids and they all keep telling me how beautiful they felt. They not only did an amazing job, but really stepped up to help us in areas that other vendors were lacking in. I mean, they were helping put florals up in 90-degree weather and were flexible enough to stay even later for touch-ups when our timeline got pushed - these ladies are rockstars!!! I really don’t know what I would’ve done without them.

Sent on 09/01/2020

Helen Nguyen · Married on 07/04/2020

Friendly, efficient, and a 10/10 experience!

I had a spectacular experience with BFF. I was a little late in finding a hair and makeup team before my wedding, and I was so nervous about who I would find. It was a blessing to find them!! They were so efficient in setting everything up and so knowledgeable about every possible question I had. My hairstyling and makeup as well as the hairstyling for my bridesmaids were beautiful AND durable for the whole wedding day. It was such a amazing experience, I am hiring them again for a future event!

Sent on 09/20/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Helen you are fantastic!! We can't wait for next year for the big party then too!!! THANK YOU!! It's brides like you that keep us going!!
  • Gemma

Gemma Ross · Married on 06/28/2020

Wonderful service!

Best Face Forward saved the day when covid-19 altered my plans! They were flexible, very responsive, and best of all, friendly!! Markia did my hair and makeup at our place. She sanitized frequently and wore a mask. She was sweet, conversational, and gave me the look I envisioned. I highly recommend this company!!

Sent on 07/05/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

We are so happy we were able to give you such a great experience and a great day! All the happiness in the world to you and Matt!!!
  • Cat

Cat Dyson · Married on 05/30/2020

Everything you want for Wedding Hair and Makeup!

Everything was perfect! Our wedding plans shifted dramatically due to COVID and Best Face Forward was more than accommodating. We did a virtual trial instead of an in-person trial. Kara and Antonia listened to everything I wanted and gave great suggestions. The day of went incredibly smoothly and my makeup and hair turned out better than I ever could have imagined. They were incredibly professional and fun. I would highly recommend Best Face Forward.

Sent on 06/18/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Thanks Cat for the opportunity to make sure you still had a great day despite all the changes! The smaller affair with your family was so nice and we loved getting to know them better! Moving, getting married and covid= an eventful couple of weeks for you!!! We appreciate you!
  • Holly

Holly Tompkins · Married on 05/30/2020

Best Hair and Makeup!

The Best Face Forward team (Kara and Leanne) was THE #1 best decision I made for my wedding!!! -- Kara made my skin practically glow and made me look and feel beautiful. And Kara is an absolute PRO at matching foundation, concealer, etc. with Asian skintones. The makeup was natural looking and didn't look or feel like it was caked on. Leanne did an incredible job with my hair; it was exactly what I was hoping it would look like and my hair lasted all day. BFF also communicated and replied in a timely manner, and were flexible and worked with me as I rescheduled my wedding (which was postponed due to the pandemic). I would ABSOLUTELY hire them again!!! (photo by Emily Chastain...in case you were in need of a fantastic photographer too!)

Sent on 09/25/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Holly- thank you so much for your kind words!! Your intimate day was so special and we're honored to have been a part!! I loved that you were so excited about your transformation! You're gorgeous inside and out!!

Molli Ferrarello · Married on 04/25/2020

Kara and Lindsay were amazing!

All of my communication with Kara (the owner) leading up to my microwedding was friendly and informative. She was so understanding about our last-minute plans after we cancelled our big wedding due to the pandemic. She was even nicer in person and completely understood the makeup style I was going for. I LOVED my makeup and think she really nailed the natural, romantic look I envisioned! She and her associate Lindsay, who did a great job with my hair, also took every safety measure possible to keep us all safe and keep the COVID-19 risk low.

Sent on 08/17/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Oh Molli- you were a wonderful pleasure to work with!! And small world about working with my cousin! haha!!! We loved being a part of such an intimate day for you and your spouse! Thank you for the opportunity!!
  • Aimee

Aimee Therriault · Married on 04/22/2020

Best Face Forward is the Best!

I highly recommend Best Face Forward. From the first time I spoke to Kara I knew she would be great for my daughters wedding. She is not only talented and professional, she is an all around kind person. Her asst for makeup was wonderful also. Both her hair and makeup came out exactly as she requested. Thank you with helping with her wedding. I highly recommend. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Amy

Amy Pedagno · Married on 04/18/2020

A Wonderful Experience

When Covid19 forced my fiancé and I to have to rapidly change all our wedding plans, Kara and her team were there for us! My fiancé's family was in the country specifically for our wedding, so we decided to go forward with an intimate 10-person ceremony so that his parents could be there with us. Literally all of our other vendors cancelled, but BFF was there for us all the way. Antonia and Kara came to help me, my mother, and my sister get ready on the morning of our wedding. Even though the wedding was very different than planned, I still felt beautiful thanks to their great work! I'm so glad that even though we didn't have professional photography, everyone who got to see us via Zoom or our wedding selfies could still see our lovely hair-dos and make-up!

I would say that if they can come through for me in the midst of a global pandemic, there's nothing they can't do for you for your wedding. I 100% recommend!

Sent on 05/04/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Amy- you were so wonderful. Thank you so much for being so appreciative of our even more increased efforts to keep everyone safe!! Our processes and sanitation are really what helps us be there for you no matter what! THANK YOU!!!!!
  • Yosmary

Yosmary Rodriguez · Married on 03/10/2020

The best team!

First, Kara is the nicest and most helpful person to communicate with! During our first conversation, we were on the phone for so long talking about my big day, my vision, and life - it truly felt like we had known each other forever. In that moment, I knew this was the company I had to work with. The paperwork was easy to complete and very thorough - which made me feel good because I knew exactly what to expect. I had Mandy as my hair stylist and OMG! Such a talented girl. On trial day, I showed her my inspo pics, and told her what I was envisioning and the result was incredible. There were a few things I wanted to change and she worked with me until we got the perfect look. On the day of, I felt like an absolute princess! She showed my mom and my bridesmaids how to put the hair piece on and my veil, gave us so many hair pins and some hair spray in case something got loose - but nothing did because she secured those curls so well! Overall, just so happy I found this team! Thank you all so much!

Sent on 10/10/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Awwww Yosmary, I felt the same way! Long lost friends!!! I'm so excited to see photos and stay friends!! Mandy loved you and I'm so glad she gave you exactly what you deserve- a perfect experience!! We are thankful for you!
  • Nancy

Nancy Campbell · Married on 02/07/2020

Love Love Love!!!

Working with Kara and her team was fantastic. Leanne did my hair and Alena did my makeup. I was worried that to would look overly made up and my hair would look like 90s prom hair but they made me look like a more glamorous version of myself. They came to my house for the trial and made me feel so at ease. They provide a TON of information and are super thorough. It was rare to find a team who would come to me where I was getting ready without a large bridal party, but they do! I only had 2 bridesmaids. They loved their hair as well. My hair and makeup stayed in place all night. They even gave me skin care advice which I am still using and loving. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 03/14/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Nancy- we love brides like you who we get to stay connected to through servicing you with products! Truly a full service experience that we strive to have for you!! We appreciate you so much!

Meredith C · Married on 01/18/2020

Perfect for My Big Day

I loved my hair and makeup. Kara and Leanne were so easy to work with. They performed a trial run before the wedding day, tried a couple looks, and then we figured out a final look. They took their time to make sure I looked exactly how I wanted to look on my wedding day. Day of the wedding, we even tried something a little different. I am so happy I chose them. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 02/04/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Meredith- we loved your laid back nature. Clients like you make our job easy!!! We love that you get to continue with your great skin care and we get to be of service to you essentially every day!
  • User7353504 · 1+ year ago

Best Face Forward: Top Notch

Kara and the entire Best Face Forward team (Bri for hair, Susanne for makeup) were such a blast to work with. I knew everything was taken care of due to their extensive pre-work with my bridesmaids and I, and both Bri and Susanne showed up early for both the trial and the day-of services. All of my bridesmaids loved their hair and makeup, and miraculously, it stayed put over almost 14 hours of dancing and wedding celebrations. I cannot recommend Best Face Forward enough!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Rebecca- you are simply the sweetest! We always know Jess's clients are going to be awesome, but man you were above and beyond! Thanks so much for making us love what we do!!
  • Marrissa

Marrissa · Married on 10/19/2019

Creative, friendly, and a lot of fun!

I had Susanne to do my makeup and Brianne for my hair and they were wonderful. Leading up to the wedding, Kara, the owner, communicated a lot so everyone knew what to expect. They provide a lot of information about their services, which may seem a little overwhelming at first, but there are absolutely no surprises. A few weeks prior to the wedding, I met up with Susanne and Brianne to figure out the game plan for hair and makeup. I did not have a lot of requirements, which they loved so they could be creative, and I couldn't have been more pleased with the results! On the wedding day, they were prompt and were super efficient getting everyone's hair and makeup done. They were so friendly and flexible; everyone loved them!

Sent on 03/29/2020

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Marrissa- the gals absolutely loved this reunion of sorts! Fun brides like you make what we do all worth it!! We enjoy getting to see fun clients like you over and over through the years!! Can't wait for the next time!!

Debbie Helmick · Married on 10/12/2019

Hair and makeup

Bri and Suzanne were wonderful!!!!! Everyones makeup was flawless! My 3 year old granddaughter was a flowergirl and she has thin hair and Bri turned her into a princess!! My other flower girl (another granddaughter) was beyond gorgeous! My bridesmaids hair was also beautiful!! Bri did tricks with my hair I never thought possible!! Both my hair and makeup phanominal!!! I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Debbie- thanks so much for trusting us with this special day you waited so long for! We absolutely can't wait to see photos. You are a doll!!!