Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists Reviews

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 5
Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 6
Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 7

Hannah · Married on 08/24/2019

Such a professional and talented team!

When booking vendors for our wedding, it was incredibly important to my fiancé and I that we have connections with the people that were going to be involved on our special day. After my phone call with Kara, I knew I had found the perfect team for the wedding day. Our conversations were fun and so easy and an absolute blast on the wedding day. Both Kara and Leanne were fantastic through and through. They were incredibly patient with me and flexible especially when I had requested a hairstyle change 30 days out from the wedding. The artists/stylists at Best Face Forward are incredible and would highly recommend to any brides for their special day.

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/03/2019

I wish I could rate a billion stars

I am so pleased with BFF!! Kara’s professionalism and prompt communication made them so easy to work with. They are exceptionally detail oriented, they LISTEN to what you want and best of all - they NAIL IT!! I had a large group of girls, 10 including myself, and with 4 artists they seamlessly got us all finished on time. We had Antonia, Alena, Marta, and Lindsey as our artists...they were all so kind and wonderful company to have. We had so much fun getting pampered, all my girls raved about it! Thank you, thank you, thank you BFF for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 08/04/2019

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Rachel- you are one of our golden stars no doubt!!! An absolutely wonderful bride, with a wonderful group of friends and family. We just can't thank you enough for entrusting us with your special day and more importantly being a friend and cheerleader!
  • Isabel

Isabel K · Married on 07/30/2019

Great experience!

I had a wonderful time with Susanne and Bri! They did a beautiful job with my makeup and hair respectively, and it looked fantastic in person and in photos! I highly recommend going for the hair & makeup trial. My trial look was beautiful, but it was even better on my actual wedding day.

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Heather

Heather Adams · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding hair and makeup!

I actually met Kara and her team at a wedding I was in years ago. They did my hair and makeup. I work in the wedding industry as a photographer so I am around a lot of hair and makeup artists. I also know I am horrible at sitting still. I have weird needs like not wanting my ears to show or and for my hair to frame my face some. Due to some health issues that have been ongoing we had to keep rescheduling the trial - Kara and her team were very understanding and patient! When the wedding day came they were amazing from when I was laid back to becoming in a panic because I wanted to stay on my timeline. They did such an amazing job. my makeup and hair looked great the entire day and night! Thank you for always being so wonderful

Sent on 07/09/2019
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 19
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 20
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 21

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Thanks so much Heather- you are so very special to us.. how funny to meet all those years ago and now we got to be a part of your most special day!!
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline Feldscher · Married on 05/26/2019

Beautiful hair and make up!

I was really nervous about booking a hair and makeup artist for my wedding because your hair and makeup will be in almost EVERY WEDDING photo you take. Plus, if you've ever gone out and not loved your hair or makeup, you know that not loving your look can have you not feeling your best. I was so happy to find Kara, who felt like a friend from our very first phone call. She helped me find a look that still looked like me, but a little more glammed up without my face feeling cakey or uncomfortable. I loved my wedding hair and make up -- my hair stayed put all night and I have videos from 1am on my wedding night where my make up still looks flawless. My bridal party looked absolutely gorgeous and my mother was really happy with her look too. Kara and Leanne were both just fun to hang out with while we were getting ready too!

All the wedding planning advice articles I read said to ask vendors what they would do if the worst happens, and sometimes it does. A few weeks before my wedding, the hair stylist who was supposed to be doing my hair on Kara's team unexpectedly passed away. Within days, Kara and the team had already figured out who would cover my wedding instead. Their concern for my day even while grieving shows their absolute professionalism. I can not recommend them enough.

Sent on 06/13/2019
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 22
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 23

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

You are the best!! We so appreciate you. Your business and now your friendship! Your understanding while we dealt with our loss can never be thanked enough!
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing hair and makeup team

Best Face Forward and their artists are truly amazing. We had Leanne and Nicole for hair, and Heather and Larissa for makeup. They did hair and makeup for a group of 11 bridesmaids, parents, and bride. With 2 hair and 2 makeup artists, they efficiently got us done in ~3.5 hours. They ran on time, were fun and upbeat in hanging out with us as we were getting ready, and were lovely to work with. And, most importantly, they executed exactly what everyone envisioned for their hair and makeup. The updos lasted throughout the night and the makeup was beautiful. Everyone was thrilled with their product!

Kara was also wonderful to work with leading up to the event. She was responsive, and helpful in guiding me in some decisions about my hair and makeup. Would absolutely recommend them!

Sent on 06/06/2019
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 24
  • MCKINLEY

MCKINLEY · Married on 05/19/2019

Natural glam & wonderful women!

I am so so glad that I hired Best Face Forward for my big day. I was very skeptical about hiring hair/makeup artists, particularly makeup. I know some people want to be completely dolled up on their wedding day, but I really wanted to look like myself and when I had my original consultation with Kara I really felt that she understood that. Kara was constantly in communication with me from the beginning and was super responsive when I thought of little questions or concerns I had regarding timing, look details, etc. A few weeks before my wedding her team tragically lost an artist, and even through that difficult time, Kara kept me updated regarding scheduling my trial and the final timeline for my wedding. it was really remarkable. On top of that, the week before my wedding I received the timeline and saw that for my 8 bridesmaids plus my mom, we wold have to start hair and makeup at 7:30 am - which was too early for my liking. Kara quickly confirmed another artist for a very reasonable cost and we were able to start a few hours later and enjoy our beauty rest :) Kara was also super flexible in terms of the services performed, some of my bridesmaids did only hair, some did only makeup, and some did both. This all worked much more seamlessly than I had predicted!

I had Alena as my makeup artist and she was the BEST. She listened so intently to what I had described to her and somehow created a look even better than I had imagined. I'm really sensitive about the quality of my skin and she made me absolutely glow. Plus she is funny and wonderful to be around, and that is a super important quality in the middle of the chaos on your wedding day. She really was the best!

Lindsay did my hair and she was also fabulous. I had a few edits from our trial and on the day of it was absolutely perfect. My hair held all night and I couldn't have asked for more.

All in all, while at first hiring a makeup & hair artist can look like a big expense, do not skimp on this. You want to feel confident the day of and for all the time leading up to that, you want to feel trusting in the team that is taking care of you. Kara and her team did all of this for me and it was so so so worth it. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/11/2019
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 25
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 26
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 27
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 28

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Wow!! McKinley, this is amazing and we are so thankful for awesome people like you we get to meet!! These are seriously some of the nicest things a client could share with us, and we are so happy you had such a wonderful experience! xoxox
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2019

They saved the day!

I called Kara after having an awful trial with another vendor. She very throughly assured me that everything would be okay and that their team would make me look my best on my big day. They didn’t disappoint! My trial with Susanne and Mandy calmed all my fears and I couldn’t wait to look the part for my wedding. On the wedding day, Mandy and Susanne were ready to go. Mandy did my hair along with two girls in my bridal party. She was able to give us elegant updos that weren’t quite identical but cohesive. My sister felt beautiful after having her makeup done by Susanne and I felt pampered and like a bride after Susanne’s final touches.

Kara and her team literally saved my day from stress and uncertainty and I can’t thank them enough. One of the issues with the other vendor was an inability to work with hair texture and darker complexions and the artists at BFF had no issue with that at all. We felt beautiful and confident and our hair and makeup lasted all night. So grateful to have had the pleasure of spending my planning and my wedding day with these wonderful women.

Sent on 05/28/2019
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 29
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 30

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Nicole i'm so glad we could save the day! We always want all brides to feel like this on their biggest day!! So excited and happy for you!!

Beth-Ann Pervetich · Married on 05/18/2019

Professional and talented!

Interactions and results were professional and phenomenal! Definitely got my money's worth and enjoyed the experience.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Beth- ann! Bri absolutely loved working with you! Brides like you make our work so worthwhile! All the best!

Kelsey · Married on 05/13/2019

Best hair and makeup out there!

I can’t say enough about Kara and her team. For my wedding day, we had Larissa on makeup and Antonia on hair. I had TEN people getting these services done day of. Larissa and Antonia kept it SO COOL and did an amazing job! Our makeup looked classy and natural, without any caking and our hair held up all night!! Everyone looked gorgeous. Kara did an AMAZING job of keeping me in the loop as all of the planning was being done and the schedules for the ladies for their hair and makeup day of. I cannot say enough about Kara and her team. They are the best! Not only in their level of service, but also as people to be around and associate with. They are so down to earth, so educating, and so FUN! If I could relive that day all over again, I would choose the Best Face Forward team over and over again! Xoxo

Sent on 10/03/2019
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 37
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 38
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 39

Sara · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing team and great service

I was married on May 11th, 2019. Kara and Leanne were absolutely amazing! They were flexible and worked with me to schedule my trial. I planned my wedding in my hometown while living 3 hours away so I only had certain periods of time to get it done. They completely understood my desire for a natural look and made my vision a reality. On the day of my wedding they helped me deal with a difficult bridesmaid. Kara took care of the issue and I did not have to worry one bit. She and Leanne were both professional and personable and I could not imagine hiring a better team to take care of my hair and make-up on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/14/2019
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 40
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/04/2019

Wonderful Experience

My wedding planner recommended Best Face Forward, and it was by far one of the best vendor decisions that I made for my wedding. Kara responded very quickly, and she was extremely thorough and pleasant in all our conversations. She truly cares about her clients and she makes sure that they are in the best hands possible. In terms of hair and makeup artists, I hit the jackpot. Markia was my makeup artist and Mandy was my hairstylist. I knew immediately at my hair and makeup trial that I was in phenomenal hands. Markia and Mandy took my very vague vision and turned it into more beautiful hair and makeup than I could have imagined. Also, their suggestions and recommendations concerning my hair and skin care routine were invaluable. On my wedding day my hair and makeup exceeded my wildest expectations, and it was all thanks to Kara pairing me with the outstanding team of Markia and Mandy!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Lauren, we feel the exact same about you!! I love making sure you have your dream team for your big day!

Jacqueline Magill · Married on 04/13/2019

Flexible, Caring

I would highly recommend Best Face Forward! They really took care of me and my unique needs. I was so pleased with the results!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Jacqueline- thank you so much! I'm so glad we were able to take care of you and your cousin at home and have your MIL taken care of elsewhere!! We are wishing you all the best in Colombia!!
  • Catherine

Catherine Romadka-Fahl · Married on 03/31/2019

Responsive, communicative, and kind

After having some trouble with another vendor, I ended up searching for hair & makeup artists on Wedding Wire around 2 weeks before the wedding. Kara responded quickly and also reached out to me via text since it was such a quick turnaround time. This was made a huge impact on me, since I was able to ask all of the questions I had and voice my concerns immediately. She was very considerate of my concerns about my hair texture and eye shape, I am Asian, which can cause some products/methods not to work/stay on as long as they should. Most makeup melts off my face/eyes in minutes whether waterproof, high-end, drugstore, etc. However, I felt very at ease, and she worked with me to set up a trial in the days I would be in town for my wedding. I felt better since I had completed all the in depth questionnaires and read all of the faqs and contract details beforehand, so I knew exactly what I was getting/what needed to be done.

Bri and Susanne were my hair and makeup artists, respectively, and they were great. They made me feel so comfortable in their chairs, and they balanced asking me questions about my preferences and guiding me using their expertise. My makeup and hair lasted all day, and I felt really beautiful. They really helped me look my best, but still like me. They were extremely professional and helpful, and I knew that they were really there to support my vision for the wedding. They welcomed constructive criticism/change requests at the trial and took the time to make sure I was happy.

I would really recommend this vendor!!

Sent on 04/03/2019
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 41
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 42

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Catherine, you were so wonderful!! Clients like you make our life easy even if the date is soon approaching!! All the best!! Xoxox!!

Meg T · Married on 03/23/2019

Easy and Professional

I was probably not a typical bride - we did a simple wedding with as little fuss as possible, which meant no attendants, our moms did their own makeup, etc. I knew I wanted to have my hair and makeup professionally done because I have very basic beauty skills and it stresses me out. But so many vendors require you to have more than one person from the wedding party get a service. Thankfully, Best Face Forward had no problem just working with me. Bri (hair) and Susanne (makeup) were friendly, professional, and happy to make adjustments from the trial look to the day-of. I highly recommend!

Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Azam

Azam Shafiee · Married on 01/12/2019

Best choice!

Due to my schedule and not living in the area of where my wedding was being held, this company went above and beyond to schedule a trial for me at the with not much notice. They accommodated my crazy schedule and paired me with an amazing hair and makeup stylist named Markia. She was absolutely perfect and not only is she so talented, she is so very nice!! My trial makeup and hair was flawless and I felt even more beautiful on my wedding day. I cannot express enough how happy I was with my service, the accommodation that was given, and overall the professionalism this company showed. If I ever have another time where I need these services, I know who to call.

Sent on 01/26/2019
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 43

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Azam- you were the BEST way to start a year out!! We are so thankful for a gem like you!!! Thank you so much for your business! xoxo!

Caitlin · Married on 11/10/2018

Fall wedding in DC

I hired Best Face Forward for makeup services for myself and 6 bridesmaids. Working with Kara was easy and she was very responsive. I was paired with Alena as my makeup artist and she did a fantastic job! She was very accommodating when I had to reschedule my trial last-minute. I don't really wear make-up so was a bit nervous, but she really listened to what I wanted and had helpful suggestions. She was very professional and friendly, and all of my bridesmaids were happy with their look. And the makeup stayed put!

There were a lot of forms to fill out initially, which was a little intimidating, but the process ended up being very easy and smooth. Thank you Best Face Forward!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

So wonderful to see this pop up in my email-- you are so wonderful. It's always the best to have vendor friends who choose us!! We are honored and it was our pleasure!!!!
  • StrawberryTouchdown

Jordan · Married on 10/28/2018

Loved them.

When searching for a Makeup and Hairstylist for my wedding, I didn't want just me to look fabulous, but I also wanted my girls as well. We are all women of color and I wanted a vendor that knew how to work with our skin tones and hair textures and I was not disappointed! Kara and Leanne took care of us and answered all my questions and concerns and boy did they deliver! Kara also gave my Groom a Grooms Facial, so he wasn't so shiny! They were highly professional and personable, I completely loved them! Not only did I look fab, but so did my girls. I highly recommend them! Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 44
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 45
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 46
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 47
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 48

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Jordan you are SOOOOOO much fun!!!! Thanks so much for giving us such a fun experience and teaching us all things about Sailor Moon!!

Jessica G. · Married on 10/27/2018

I highly recommend Kara and her team!

While planning, I was nervous because I wanted to find the right vendor for hair and makeup. I wasn't worried after I met Kara. She made me laugh at my trial and took the time to learn my style and regular beauty routine. On my wedding day she did my makeup as well as hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, my mom, and my husband's mom. My mom is particularly picky about her hair and makeup, so I was thrilled when my mom's reaction to her look was "Wow, that's wonderful!" Leanne was awesome to work with too! They are both talented, on-time, professional, and responsive. I highly recommend Best Face Forward!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

I'm horrible for my delayed reply, but man have you been one of the most laid back, sweetest brides ever! Thankful for you and your sweet mom!!!

Ariana Panbechi · Married on 10/21/2018

The best hair & makeup artists in the game

I cannot recommend Best Face Forward enough for your wedding/special occasion! My wife and I worked with Kara and Leanne for our wedding, and I can honestly say our day would not have been the same without them. My wife and I both have very sensitive skin, and Kara took care to use (and recommend for future use) products that would not irritate our skin. Leanne perfected the wedding hairstyle I had only dreamed of! Not only were they incredibly professional and clearly experts in their crafts, but my bridal party and I had the best time getting ready with them on the morning of. I have never felt so beautiful and elegant, and it is all thanks to Kara and Leanne!!

Sent on 03/06/2019

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Let's do it all again!!! PLEASE!!!! Here's to the coolest wives we've ever met!! Thankful to call you both our friends now!!! xoxoxo

Maureen · Married on 10/20/2018

PERFECT! Would absolutely recommend to anyone

I can’t say enough!! Our wedding was last October and Best Face Forward was OUTSTANDING! Can’t believe it’s taken me this long to write a review! Kara was so prompt, thorough and professional with emails! Answering any questions I had. The hair and make up trial made me feel SO at ease. I wanted almost zero make up and pretty but relaxed hair. Was so wonderful to meet the artists and go over ideas before the big day. We also lived out of state which made things tricky.

Day of...I couldn’t of asked for more! I had the minimal make up I wanted, but still looked extra special and I LOVED my hair. My bridesmaids, knowing me, did not want to out do my ‘low key’ look. Our artists (I’m sorry I can’t recall names but I love you all) also understood and we ALL looked amazing. Would recommend to anyone! Thank you all for making our day perfect.
    Mo and Steve

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2018

Happy with my service!

Best Face Forward did an amazing job for my 10/14/18 wedding. Susanne and Bri were very attentive to myself and my girls and were pleasant to be around. Susanne even stayed a bit extra to help touch up my makeup after I cried during my first look. She was not upset and did not seem rushed to get out of there. Susanne even did my hair and makeup from my engagement photos which also turned out great. Would recommend them to any future bride! Was especially nice that they travel to you since my wedding was on a Sunday.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Jessica- you were wonderful to work with throughout your engagement and wedding planning!! Just sad for us that it's all over!!! Stay in touch!!
  • Meesh

Michele · Married on 10/13/2018

I needed a stylist last minute for my wedding and I could NOT be happier!! They did such an amazing job, from our first contact with each other to my stylist coming to the venue right on time and making my hair look beautiful for my big day, I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you so much to one of the most professional and organized vendors of all time! You ladies rock! <3

Sent on 10/14/2018

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Michele, you were an absolute doll to work with!! Making our job easy!!! Thanks so much for choosing us to be a part of your special day!
  • Kayleen

Kayleen · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Team

I had Kara and Leanne for my wedding and they were amazing. My makeup was a natural look but Kara made it so that it still highlighted my features perfectly. Leanne did my hair in a high bun and added more volume than I thought was possible. Both my hair and makeup stayed perfect all night, makeup didn't smudge at all and my bun stayed right in place. Both of them were so easy to work with. I sent them some inspiration pictures and they worked their magic from there. They helped to make my wedding day relaxing and I didn't have to stress over me or any of my girls being ready and looking great. They helped me feel and look like a princess for my wedding!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Kayleen- you are a true gem! The sweetest inside and out. And what a fantastic example of a bride who I can truly tell values her relationship and shows kindness to everyone. Thank you so much for choosing us!!!

Kerry · Married on 10/13/2018

Loved working with the BFF team!

The BFF team was absolutely amazing to work with for our wedding day! Our wedding weekend had some remnants of Hurricane Michael which knocked out power at the original house we were getting ready at. They were quick to respond to a change in plans late night before a 4:30AM wakeup on our wedding day - Everyone showed up on time to the new location and made the getting ready process so much fun. I would absolutely recommend working with BFF to others for their wedding or other events where they need professional hair and makeup services.

Sent on 04/08/2019

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

We love you Kerry!! And so excited your wedding has been published!!! You rock!! Best beach party ever... take that hurricane!!!