Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists Reviews

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 7
  • Catherine

Catherine Romadka-Fahl · Married on 03/31/2019

Responsive, communicative, and kind

After having some trouble with another vendor, I ended up searching for hair & makeup artists on Wedding Wire around 2 weeks before the wedding. Kara responded quickly and also reached out to me via text since it was such a quick turnaround time. This was made a huge impact on me, since I was able to ask all of the questions I had and voice my concerns immediately. She was very considerate of my concerns about my hair texture and eye shape, I am Asian, which can cause some products/methods not to work/stay on as long as they should. Most makeup melts off my face/eyes in minutes whether waterproof, high-end, drugstore, etc. However, I felt very at ease, and she worked with me to set up a trial in the days I would be in town for my wedding. I felt better since I had completed all the in depth questionnaires and read all of the faqs and contract details beforehand, so I knew exactly what I was getting/what needed to be done.

Bri and Susanne were my hair and makeup artists, respectively, and they were great. They made me feel so comfortable in their chairs, and they balanced asking me questions about my preferences and guiding me using their expertise. My makeup and hair lasted all day, and I felt really beautiful. They really helped me look my best, but still like me. They were extremely professional and helpful, and I knew that they were really there to support my vision for the wedding. They welcomed constructive criticism/change requests at the trial and took the time to make sure I was happy.

I would really recommend this vendor!!

Sent on 04/03/2019
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 11
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 12

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Catherine, you were so wonderful!! Clients like you make our life easy even if the date is soon approaching!! All the best!! Xoxox!!
  • Azam

Azam Shafiee · Married on 01/12/2019

Best choice!

Due to my schedule and not living in the area of where my wedding was being held, this company went above and beyond to schedule a trial for me at the with not much notice. They accommodated my crazy schedule and paired me with an amazing hair and makeup stylist named Markia. She was absolutely perfect and not only is she so talented, she is so very nice!! My trial makeup and hair was flawless and I felt even more beautiful on my wedding day. I cannot express enough how happy I was with my service, the accommodation that was given, and overall the professionalism this company showed. If I ever have another time where I need these services, I know who to call.

Sent on 01/26/2019
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 13

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Azam- you were the BEST way to start a year out!! We are so thankful for a gem like you!!! Thank you so much for your business! xoxo!

Caitlin · Married on 11/10/2018

Fall wedding in DC

I hired Best Face Forward for makeup services for myself and 6 bridesmaids. Working with Kara was easy and she was very responsive. I was paired with Alena as my makeup artist and she did a fantastic job! She was very accommodating when I had to reschedule my trial last-minute. I don't really wear make-up so was a bit nervous, but she really listened to what I wanted and had helpful suggestions. She was very professional and friendly, and all of my bridesmaids were happy with their look. And the makeup stayed put!

There were a lot of forms to fill out initially, which was a little intimidating, but the process ended up being very easy and smooth. Thank you Best Face Forward!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

So wonderful to see this pop up in my email-- you are so wonderful. It's always the best to have vendor friends who choose us!! We are honored and it was our pleasure!!!!
  • StrawberryTouchdown

Jordan · Married on 10/28/2018

Loved them.

When searching for a Makeup and Hairstylist for my wedding, I didn't want just me to look fabulous, but I also wanted my girls as well. We are all women of color and I wanted a vendor that knew how to work with our skin tones and hair textures and I was not disappointed! Kara and Leanne took care of us and answered all my questions and concerns and boy did they deliver! Kara also gave my Groom a Grooms Facial, so he wasn't so shiny! They were highly professional and personable, I completely loved them! Not only did I look fab, but so did my girls. I highly recommend them! Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 14
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 15
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 16
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 17
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 18

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Jordan you are SOOOOOO much fun!!!! Thanks so much for giving us such a fun experience and teaching us all things about Sailor Moon!!

Jessica G. · Married on 10/27/2018

I highly recommend Kara and her team!

While planning, I was nervous because I wanted to find the right vendor for hair and makeup. I wasn't worried after I met Kara. She made me laugh at my trial and took the time to learn my style and regular beauty routine. On my wedding day she did my makeup as well as hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, my mom, and my husband's mom. My mom is particularly picky about her hair and makeup, so I was thrilled when my mom's reaction to her look was "Wow, that's wonderful!" Leanne was awesome to work with too! They are both talented, on-time, professional, and responsive. I highly recommend Best Face Forward!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

I'm horrible for my delayed reply, but man have you been one of the most laid back, sweetest brides ever! Thankful for you and your sweet mom!!!

Ariana Panbechi · Married on 10/21/2018

The best hair & makeup artists in the game

I cannot recommend Best Face Forward enough for your wedding/special occasion! My wife and I worked with Kara and Leanne for our wedding, and I can honestly say our day would not have been the same without them. My wife and I both have very sensitive skin, and Kara took care to use (and recommend for future use) products that would not irritate our skin. Leanne perfected the wedding hairstyle I had only dreamed of! Not only were they incredibly professional and clearly experts in their crafts, but my bridal party and I had the best time getting ready with them on the morning of. I have never felt so beautiful and elegant, and it is all thanks to Kara and Leanne!!

Sent on 03/06/2019

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Let's do it all again!!! PLEASE!!!! Here's to the coolest wives we've ever met!! Thankful to call you both our friends now!!! xoxoxo
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2018

Happy with my service!

Best Face Forward did an amazing job for my 10/14/18 wedding. Susanne and Bri were very attentive to myself and my girls and were pleasant to be around. Susanne even stayed a bit extra to help touch up my makeup after I cried during my first look. She was not upset and did not seem rushed to get out of there. Susanne even did my hair and makeup from my engagement photos which also turned out great. Would recommend them to any future bride! Was especially nice that they travel to you since my wedding was on a Sunday.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Jessica- you were wonderful to work with throughout your engagement and wedding planning!! Just sad for us that it's all over!!! Stay in touch!!
  • Meesh

Michele · Married on 10/13/2018

I needed a stylist last minute for my wedding and I could NOT be happier!! They did such an amazing job, from our first contact with each other to my stylist coming to the venue right on time and making my hair look beautiful for my big day, I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you so much to one of the most professional and organized vendors of all time! You ladies rock! <3

Sent on 10/14/2018

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Michele, you were an absolute doll to work with!! Making our job easy!!! Thanks so much for choosing us to be a part of your special day!
  • Kayleen

Kayleen · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Team

I had Kara and Leanne for my wedding and they were amazing. My makeup was a natural look but Kara made it so that it still highlighted my features perfectly. Leanne did my hair in a high bun and added more volume than I thought was possible. Both my hair and makeup stayed perfect all night, makeup didn't smudge at all and my bun stayed right in place. Both of them were so easy to work with. I sent them some inspiration pictures and they worked their magic from there. They helped to make my wedding day relaxing and I didn't have to stress over me or any of my girls being ready and looking great. They helped me feel and look like a princess for my wedding!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Kayleen- you are a true gem! The sweetest inside and out. And what a fantastic example of a bride who I can truly tell values her relationship and shows kindness to everyone. Thank you so much for choosing us!!!

Kerry · Married on 10/13/2018

Loved working with the BFF team!

The BFF team was absolutely amazing to work with for our wedding day! Our wedding weekend had some remnants of Hurricane Michael which knocked out power at the original house we were getting ready at. They were quick to respond to a change in plans late night before a 4:30AM wakeup on our wedding day - Everyone showed up on time to the new location and made the getting ready process so much fun. I would absolutely recommend working with BFF to others for their wedding or other events where they need professional hair and makeup services.

Sent on 04/08/2019

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

We love you Kerry!! And so excited your wedding has been published!!! You rock!! Best beach party ever... take that hurricane!!!

aileen · Married on 09/29/2018

Thanks for bringing my vision to life!

Choosing Best Face Forward for hair services was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! Kara was very detailed and thorough with what her team offered and what to expect in the experience. She was available to chat on the phone around my work times, and was always awesome in e-mail communication, which I really appreciated! Brianne was our STELLAR hair stylist and she made my vision come to life, both at the hair trial and again on the big day. I was in AWE when she first did my hair, it was exactly what I envisioned! She's so personable and easy-going, and I appreciated how she made sure the rest of my bridal party was in sync to the style I wanted. What I really loved about BFF is that they really listened and studied my ideas to make it the dream-come-true wedding and the best experience I could have asked for. Thank you Kara and Brianne!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Sweet Aileen! That gorgeous hair will be memorable for a long time!! -thanks for allowing us the honor to be a small part of your big day!!

Ariella · Married on 09/22/2018

So incredibly happy

First, let me start with, Best Face Forward does hair AND makeup. Whoot whoot!!! That was one of the first things I was looking for. I didn't want to have one vendor doing my hair and then someone else doing my make up. Then meeting Kara was so wonderful. She is personable and attentive to what you want. Kara and her team (shout out Leanne!) really did put their skills to work making me look the way I wanted to on my big day. My makeup stayed on all night (I woke up looking flawless) and my hair stayed put without looking crunchy or stiff. What I loved most was that my skin looked so smooth and my makeup did not feel heavy or caked on. In fact, I truly felt like my skin was bare and could breathe (love that feeling!!). Kara was easy to get in contact with and she definitely made me feel like I could approach her with any concerns regarding my look. THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I loved my look and so did my husband.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Ariella my latina beauty! We just love you and Fidel!! We wish you the absolute best!! Thanks for your business!!@

Cara · event on: 06/12/2016

The BEST make up and hair services available around DC. These ladies are remarkable and on point! I definitely recommend any bride, prom queen or pageant girl to visit Kara and her incredible crew.

Sent on 06/22/2016

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Cara- long standing friendships like yours are invaluable to us!

Amy · Married on 09/09/2018

Kara was so easy to coordinate with. I was on a short timeline and she worked me into her schedule making sure she answered all my questions (even while she was on vacation!). The trial was easy to schedule and went great - though both Kara and Antonia were so professional and skilled, we barely made any changes because they really got it right the first time! The day of the wedding, they showed up on time and got right to work making all my ladies feel beautiful. On top of that they were a blast to spend the morning with and kept the environment relaxed and fun. Thank you both so much!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Stacy · Married on 09/08/2018

The team was amazing! I had a few tweaks from the trial so you are always nervous about it, but I loved loved the final outcome!!

Everything was perfect, I wouldn't have changed a single thing! I loved how my hair looked and it stayed all night! The makeup was perfect, it stayed on as you predicted even with the massive storm that came through. My sister passed out on Saturday night with her hair fully in tact and makeup on, and when she came down for brunch on Sunday, you would have thought she just got her makeup and hair done!

Everything was perfect and they helped make our wedding day so spectacular!!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/08/2018

Awesome team!

A friend connected me with Kara and her team at BFF and they made my wedding planning so much easier! From the very beginning, Kara was extremely direct and detail oriented which I appreciated! I felt so comfortable choosing to work with BFF - they even recommended skin care for me and connected me with a spray tan artist who was also amazing! Leading up to our wedding, I had my trial with Kara and Tria. They were so warm and friendly and made me feel 100% confident working with them. The day of the wedding, they were so easy to work with and made me feel beautiful, but still like myself. I'm not a big make-up person, but I felt natural and beautiful all at the same time, and that's exactly what I was hoping for. I had 8 bridesmaids, my mom, my stepmom, and my grandmother, so it was definitely a full house! Kara and her team worked with each of them in such an efficient way and they all looked beautiful! I would highly recommend Kara and her team - they are there to listen and help execute exactly what you picture for your big day - and they are just awesome to work with!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Meredith · Married on 09/02/2018

Susanne did my make up for my engagement photos, and I was definitely nervous not being someone who likes to wear a lot of make up--but she did SUCH a great job of making me feel comfortable, and I ended up LOVING my make up not only in person, but it turned out perfectly in the pictures (just like she told me it would!) She was very flexible about including what I wanted--but is also very talented at what she does, so had a very well informed opinion as well when I was not certain about something! She even came to me, in a not very convenient location, to do my make up! Thanks Susanne :)

Sent on 09/20/2017

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! Susanne raved about you!!!

Rachel · Married on 08/31/2018

Exactly what I hoped for!

Highly recommend Best Face Forward to any bride, groom, or wedding party looking to elevate their look for the big day. Kara is the best business owner and is very responsive, answers any and all questions, and is highly skilled at her profession. She will put you at ease about the entire process from start to finish and has built a team of very qualified people to make your wedding day vision the ultimate success. Leanne did my hair and she, too, was so sweet and did an amazing job at executing the vision I had for the updo I had chosen. Truly can't sing their praises enough and consider both artists my friends from here on out!!! If you're on the fence no need to look further - Best Face Forward is the winner!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Molly · Married on 08/25/2018

Kara is GREAT! I had reached out to Best Face Forward after 2 trials with another vendor that were unsuccessful. Kara made me feel comfortable and was easy to communicate with. She was always very prompt in her responses and really listened to my concerns, questions and ideas. We had 9 people getting hair and makeup done and our entire team was warm and talented! We had Kara and Larissa doing makeup and Leanne and Lindsay doing hair. They were great!! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/09/2018
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 23
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 24
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 25

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Molly girl!! We LOVE you and think you are GREAT too!!! It's a real lovefest!! Xoxoxox!!

August · Married on 07/19/2018

LeAnne & Kara did my hair and makeup for my sons wedding and it was perfect! They were punctual to my appt, finished by the time requested, made sure I was happy with the end result, and were willing to make adjustments on anything that I may not be. I felt like Cinderella and received numerous compliments! Thank you for making my day special!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

August- we so enjoyed our time with you and your comical family!!! Thanks for shining some light for our day too!! So glad you felt wonderful! That's our goal!!!!

Marisa · Married on 07/14/2018

Choosing BFF was the best decision I made. Kara is amazing to work with she is very responsive and helpful. My Stylists Antonia and Larissa were amazing. They always arrived on time and listened to everything I wanted for my special day. I received so many compliments on my hair and makeup as well as for my bridesmaids. It just doesn't get better. They came to my home for my trial and for my wedding day and everything was perfect despite all the chaos of everyone running around my place, 2 videographers and a photographer there all at the same time. If you are debating on who to go with to glam you on your day. Look no further. These reviews speak for themselves. It's worth the investment.

Sent on 07/16/2018
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 26

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

You have been a pure joy to work with!!! I'm excited fr the first beautiful and GRAND photos I've seen!!! xoxoxo

Jenna · Married on 07/07/2018

Very communicative and worked out the kinks

Kara was awesome in the planning process for our July 2018 wedding. She worked to ensure I had all the details and went out of her way to ask questions to our venue. I had Susanne for my makeup and Holly for my hair. They both did wonderful jobs and made sure every detail was perfect on my wedding day. I still get compliments on my hair and makeup from the wedding. The only thing I would change is having one person do makeup for 7 people; we left getting ready as soon as the last person was finished without any down time.

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 27
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 28
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 29
    Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists 30

Lindsey · Married on 06/30/2018

This was a wonderful business to work for for my wedding! Kara was super responsive and the artists that I was assigned did an amazing job. I had Alena and Tria for makeup and they listened to what all of my bridesmaids wanted. I had Antonia and Gia for hair and everyone's hair looked awesome! All of my bridesmaids raved about their looks and my hair and makeup stayed in place even during the 95 degree heat :) Thanks again for making me feel beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Our team loved you and your sweet personality and party!!! Thanks so much for your business!!!

Kristen · Married on 06/16/2018

I can't say enough great things about Kara and the Best Face Forward team! They did my hair and makeup for my engagement shoot. I had Leanne for hair and Fin for makeup and they did an amazing job! Not only did my hair and makeup look beautiful, but it held up through a long car ride and shoot in the heat. They were kind and professional from start to finish and I'd highly recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists's reply:

Such sweet words!! Just wished we could work with you for your wedding!! So glad we got to meet you!! <3